Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,592 members, 7,955,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:54 PM

Buhari Cancelled Rail Projects - Jonathan Is Building Rail Projects. Vote Wisely - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Cancelled Rail Projects - Jonathan Is Building Rail Projects. Vote Wisely (948 Views)

Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation / Don’t Abandon My Administration’s Ongoing Projects, Jonathan Urges Buhari / Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Cancelled Rail Projects - Jonathan Is Building Rail Projects. Vote Wisely by headtoto: 2:05pm On Apr 01, 2011
Remember the Lagos Metroline? The same one Fashola is now grappling with to build? A better one was already being built all through Lagos State in 1981 - 82 - 83, which would have made it the first high speed Metroline in Africa. Lagos State under Lateef Jakande already had everything planned, the route, the stations, - some of the routes are still all over Lagos till today, un used. Jakande had the focus that this is what will solve the transportation project in Nigeria. Consultants had been paid, work had started.

Bang Buhari came in, and cancelled the entire project. The Lateef Jakande’s $60 million metro rail project for Lagos, which he cancelled immediately after he over-threw the Second Republic, has now accumulated a debt profile of over $3 billion for Lagos State, making the state the most indebted state to Paris Club in the federation. I would remind Buhari that Gbolahan Mudashiru, his Military Administrator for Lagos State, alerted him on the clause in the contract agreement that would yoke the state to this debt, if the contract was cancelled unilaterally, and that he replied Mudashiru, that he didn’t care a damn.

Now - PDP and Jonathan is bent on revitalising the entire railway system in Nigeria- this is already on and the Western line is back in operation, modernised.

Now, consider this scenario - Buhari comes in again and slams his thin, long foot on the project. Did you say its impossible? Wait there. He slams his foot on the IPP projects, slams his foot on the rail projects and many more- and spends four years taking us back to square one.

Is this not a good enough example of why you should never vote Buhari?
Re: Buhari Cancelled Rail Projects - Jonathan Is Building Rail Projects. Vote Wisely by alexleo(m): 2:22pm On Apr 01, 2011
hmmmmmmmm from 'sai Buhari its nose-diving to 'chei Buhari'.
Its GEJ all the way.
Re: Buhari Cancelled Rail Projects - Jonathan Is Building Rail Projects. Vote Wisely by wesley08(m): 2:42pm On Apr 01, 2011
head_to_to:

Now, consider this scenario - Buhari comes in again and slams his thin, long foot on the project. Did you say its impossible? Wait there. He slams his foot on the IPP projects, slams his foot on the rail projects and many more- and spends four years taking us back to square one.

Is this not a good enough example of why you should never vote Buhari?

Good enough for me. fresh Air all the way.
Re: Buhari Cancelled Rail Projects - Jonathan Is Building Rail Projects. Vote Wisely by assme: 2:43pm On Apr 01, 2011
hmmmmmmmm from 'sai Buhari its nose-diving to 'chei Buhari'.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Cancelled Rail Projects - Jonathan Is Building Rail Projects. Vote Wisely by dominique(f): 2:48pm On Apr 01, 2011
yawns . . . and when exactly did the PDP run government deliver any of their promise? is it the one of power, industries, education, employment. now you expect me to believe that GEJ is hellbent on building the railway system in western Nigeria. give it up PDP supporters, i don't know what you people can possibly com up with that will alter our decisions not to vote for your slowpoke.
Re: Buhari Cancelled Rail Projects - Jonathan Is Building Rail Projects. Vote Wisely by efisher(m): 2:55pm On Apr 01, 2011
Buhari Destroyed                                       - Jonathan is Building.

Businesses                                              Private Sector
  Freedom of speech                                   Freedom of Information
  Democracy                                              Democracy and Unity
  Railways                                                 Railways and Airports.

Vote Wisely.
Re: Buhari Cancelled Rail Projects - Jonathan Is Building Rail Projects. Vote Wisely by Pharoh: 4:18pm On Apr 01, 2011
Vote wisely for goodluck.
Re: Buhari Cancelled Rail Projects - Jonathan Is Building Rail Projects. Vote Wisely by karlmax2: 4:59pm On Apr 01, 2011
Don't be deceived we are not voting for party am voting for the best among the 4 irrespective of the party the person is in politicians in all the parties CPC,ACN

, Were one time in PDP faithful and for now GEJ is the best among the clueless others nigerians are wiser now PDP is corrupt agree CPC is also corrupt imagine ABACHAS son a candidate under the party and u say their not corrupt? What of ACNwhen ribadu was efcc chairman under the corrupt pdp he said TINUBU was the biggest political criminal a thief today his the presidential flag bearer of a corrupt ACNunder the theif who is now his political Godfather.I hope u people have not forgotten before obj and PDP came to office Nigeria was the 3rd most corrupt country in the world by transparency international!!! Today go and check our rating and tell me if it has not improved?that's if u care!BUHARI claims to be a saint but his always seen associating with record breaking criminals(sani abacha rip, And now son mohammed abacha CPC kano gov candidate) tomorrow they will say GEJ is seen around obj!! We all know between obj and abacha who is a certified criminal that is well knw by the international community and locally.a coupist or a confused double faced corruption hypocrite can't rule us again this is not 1983 is not by force now is democracy and a lot has changed we now have access to info only a blind man that doesn't value nigerian history will vote BB
Re: Buhari Cancelled Rail Projects - Jonathan Is Building Rail Projects. Vote Wisely by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 01, 2011
I am an adent hater of the PDP, but I have found in Jonathan the leader Nigeria needs at the moment.

The reforms are taking place. This PDP under Jonathan is not the same as led by OBJ.

Jonathan is not hitting up the polity by do or die, it is rather Buhari that is hitting it up. This is our chance to redeem Ngieria.

Besides, the leader determines the tempo and style of his organisation. Jonathan is determining that of the PDP. I am so happy, voting for him. I am so happy that we have a chance to save Nigeria and that I am part of it.
Re: Buhari Cancelled Rail Projects - Jonathan Is Building Rail Projects. Vote Wisely by leighcon(m): 6:19pm On Apr 01, 2011
Let us discuss facts and not misrepresent the truth to find fault, the NPN government already frustrated the project before the military took over just the same way they almost did not allow the first state owned TV station to see the light of the day. It wasn't until a court judgement that LTV came live.

Go do your research and don't just be fed with hear-say.
Re: Buhari Cancelled Rail Projects - Jonathan Is Building Rail Projects. Vote Wisely by Kobojunkie: 6:21pm On Apr 01, 2011
karl max:

Don't be deceived we are not voting for party am voting for the best among the 4 irrespective of the party the person is in politicians in all the parties CPC,ACN

, Were one time in PDP faithful and for now GEJ is the best among the clueless others nigerians are wiser now PDP is corrupt agree CPC is also corrupt imagine ABACHAS son a candidate under the party and u say their not corrupt?

I am sorry but this makes little sense. If you had chosen to vote the PDP, you would at least have some argument for your choice there. Jonathan as a person has a 12 year, un-interrupted, political history that shows he is not a good leader, and possibly the most incapable in the PDP bunch.

The man has been in high office since 1999 -- he served as Deputy Governor, Governor, Vice President, and then President in all that time -- no low office of any kind. Yet he has NO SINGLE achievement to HIS NAME-- none. Even if we consider UNOFFICIAL achievements --- there is none on record for him in all that time. His own Bayelsa state has little to show for his ever being there for 8 years straight.

If you had said you were voting PDP, you would at least had been able to claim, say, Obasanjo's mini projects, telecomm sales and mini improvements like that, but that you are not, but instead choosing to vote the one man with no real records of any kind, shows you are less rational than you think.

On Abacha's son, well  ,  . .  we have a democracy now, and since previous and present government's have no accused him of any crime that stop him from contesting, he is free to contest in any election. Also, parties are not able to discriminate against individuals, especially those who are not officially labelled criminals, so I don't see how CPC should lock it's doors to a man who no government has been able to formally accuse since his father died.

karl max:

What of ACNwhen ribadu was efcc chairman under the corrupt pdp he said TINUBU was the biggest political criminal a thief today his the presidential flag bearer of a corrupt ACNunder the theif who is now his political Godfather.I hope u people have not forgotten before obj and PDP came to office Nigeria was the 3rd most corrupt country in the world by transparency international!!!

I cannot answer for Ribadu's change of mind . . . . but I can tell you that Nigeria's ranking has gone up since the PDP took office. We were never really the 3rd most corrupt country in the world --TI started recording in 1995, and it was not really a global record. However, through most part of the PDP Government, Nigeria has steadily fallen in ranking and we are definitely in the heap with the other major corrupt bunch to date.

karl max:

Today go and check our rating and tell me if it has not improved?that's if u care!BUHARI claims to be a saint but his always seen associating with record breaking criminals(sani abacha rip,  And now son mohammed abacha CPC kano gov candidate) tomorrow they will say GEJ is seen around obj!! We all know between obj and abacha who is a certified criminal that is well knw by the international community and locally.a coupist or a confused double faced corruption hypocrite can't rule us again this is not 1983 is not by force now is democracy and a lot has changed we now have access to info only a blind man that doesn't value nigerian history will vote BB

Sorry but the recorded improvment was from the Yar adua years, after a sharp increase during the same regime.

Also, Buhari has NEVER claimed to be a saint -- I am not going to get into analyzing his association with Abacha but I do know that pretending that is same with we have today with Goodluck Jonathan and the likes of Obasanjo, Babangida, Atiku, Bode George, Ibori, Alamiesheyga is not only dishonest but clear confirmation that you prefer being in denial of the facts in front of you today.
Re: Buhari Cancelled Rail Projects - Jonathan Is Building Rail Projects. Vote Wisely by Kobojunkie: 6:22pm On Apr 01, 2011
leighcon:

Let us discuss facts and not misrepresent the truth to find fault, the NPN government already frustrated the project before the military took over just the same way they almost did not allow the first state owned TV station to see the light of the day. It wasn't until a court judgement that LTV came live.

Go do your research and don't just be fed with hear-say.

Can you please provide some links to documents so I can research this please?
Re: Buhari Cancelled Rail Projects - Jonathan Is Building Rail Projects. Vote Wisely by karlmax2: 10:28pm On Apr 01, 2011
^^^ u are a blind follower and won't join issues with u
Re: Buhari Cancelled Rail Projects - Jonathan Is Building Rail Projects. Vote Wisely by Kobojunkie: 10:40pm On Apr 01, 2011
^^^ On the contrary, it is mighty clear that you are the blind follower in this case . . . I don't deny the shortcomings of the one I choose to support in this case, but you seem to DENY your candidate even has em. And you seem unable to refute any of the claims I have made in response to your banter so far . . .

I mean just cause you can say something does not mean it is automagically true
Re: Buhari Cancelled Rail Projects - Jonathan Is Building Rail Projects. Vote Wisely by dayokanu(m): 10:46pm On Apr 01, 2011
karl max:

^^^ u are a blind follower and won't join issues with u

She presented hard facts. You just came up with baseless insinuations and you expect ppl to answer you?

How can anyone whose backers are Anenih, OBJ, Bode George, Alamieyeiseigha and all the corrupt ppl in Nigeria (Mind you 2 of them DSP and Bode) have been convicted)

While Mohammed Abacha was never convicted in any court
Re: Buhari Cancelled Rail Projects - Jonathan Is Building Rail Projects. Vote Wisely by lakeside4love(m): 10:47pm On Apr 01, 2011
So pdp is preaching 'Transformation' ?. If i may ask all ur pdp supporters, Wat r they(pdp) really transforming from?. Are they saying that they know that the last 12yrs has been a collosal waste n that we shuld give them anoda 4yrs? Every sane nigerian shuld deeply ask his or herself if we can really take d risk, VOTE WISELY.
Re: Buhari Cancelled Rail Projects - Jonathan Is Building Rail Projects. Vote Wisely by Extessaptah: 12:20am On Apr 29, 2011
Hello i just joined this forum and im also promoting my new facebook game if you like texas hold em poker and your on facebook then please check out my game its http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=365709729894

(1) (Reply)

Still On The Man Called Buhari / Prophet Warns Preisdent Goodluck Jonathan / Nigeria To Hold Oil Exports In Chinese Yuan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.