Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,552 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

#EndSARS Activists: Government Yet To Unfreeze Our Bank Accounts Since Oct 2020 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EndSARS Activists: Government Yet To Unfreeze Our Bank Accounts Since Oct 2020 (11854 Views)

David Hundeyin: EndSARS Activists Are Becoming Too Proud & Ambitious / EndSARS: "Activists" Demand That Lagos Must Not Be Burnt Down Again (Photos). / NPA: The Whistleblower Lied, Our Bank Account With Unity Bank Is Frozen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

#EndSARS Activists: Government Yet To Unfreeze Our Bank Accounts Since Oct 2020 by dre11(m): 2:14pm On Jan 17, 2021
The CBN had in October 2020 asked banks to freeze the bank accounts of about 20 individuals involved in controlling #EndSARS funds.

Activists linked to the #EndSARS protests have said the Post No Debit restriction placed on their accounts by the Central Bank of Nigeria has yet to be lifted.

The CBN had in October 2020 asked banks to freeze the bank accounts of about 20 individuals involved in controlling #EndSARS funds.

The affected individuals include Bolatito Racheal Oduala, Chima David Ibebunjoh, Mary Doose Kpengwa, Gatefield Nigeria Limited, Saadat Temitope Bibi, Bassey Victor Israel, Wisdom Busaosowo Obi, Nicholas Ikhalea Osazele, Ebere Idibie, Akintomide Lanre Yusuf, Uhuo Ezenwanyi Promise, Mosopefoluwa Odeseye and Adegoke Pamilerin Emmanuel.

Others are Umoh Grace Ekanem, Babatunde Victor Segun, Mulu Louis Teghenan, Mary Oshifowora, Winifred Akpevweoghene Jacob, Victor Solomon and Idunu A. Williams.

The #EndSARS protests, which held for 13 days in various parts of the country, called for the disbandment of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) unit of the police and urged the government to carry out general police reforms.

Donations were received in various currencies, including naira and dollars using Flutterwave to provide food, medical care and legal aid to protesters.

However, the donation link was disabled. The donation was subsequently moved to Bitcoin.

Speaking with PUNCH, Odeseye said she was also denied issuance of passport by the Nigeria Immigration Service who informed her she had been blacklisted and asked to proceed to Abuja.

She said, “But before then, a friend reached out to me that why couldn’t we put out information that we wanted to make food for the protesters at Alausa and I said okay. Immediately, a few people reached out and they asked for bank details and all of that , people started sending in money to support the project; that was how I got involved in the protest.

“One of those days, one or two people needed to send money to me and they couldn’t send it and their accounts were not restricted. They wondered what was wrong with my account. (There was) no formal form of communication by the CBN.

“I didn’t find it funny, I didn’t commit any crime. So I felt very horrible and wondered why I was blacklisted. So as we speak now, my bank account has not been released to me yet, I don’t have my passport yet.”

Also speaking, Israel, a pharmacist, who was in charge of the #EndSARS medical team in Port Harcourt, said, “It’s being three months now and I cant even have access to my money; the money is just there, the money I have worked for in all my life. I have people that depend on me, I have my family, my mum, my dad, siblings. I can’t even take care of my self, my family. I am sure other people who have their accounts frozen by CBN have the same issues too.

“For three months, it’s being a terrible experience, I have to beg people for money. But it’s not my fight, I have to continue this fight. We have to be resilient and resolute about this issue. Why should they come and clamp down on an innocent Nigerian like me?

“I was in charge of the medical team in Port Harcourt and we had people donating for medical supplies, food, water, ambulance services and these donations were made directly into my account and of course these donations had EndSARS descriptions so I think that was how they were able to flag my account.

“I was trying to make a debit transaction on my account and noticed that there was a restriction. So, I visited a branch of Access Bank in UNIPORT, and the branch manager sent a mail to the head office. The response to the mail was that there was a directive from the CBN to restrict the account.

“The lady was surprised and even asked me if I had any issue with the CBN."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSisrzVkZTA

https://saharareporters.com/2021/01/17/nigerian-government-yet-unfreeze-our-bank-accounts-october-2020-%E2%80%94endsars-activists

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS Activists: Government Yet To Unfreeze Our Bank Accounts Since Oct 2020 by inoki247: 2:15pm On Jan 17, 2021
Them say na Company account dem freeze that they did it to protect the Economy from crashing..

Confused Government dem go soon release anoda lie to d media or maybe diz present Govt don borrow d money cos dem sabi borrow anything even if u get unused kidney diz Government go borrow am nd sell it to keep feeding dere wallet..

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #EndSARS Activists: Government Yet To Unfreeze Our Bank Accounts Since Oct 2020 by Freestainworld(m): 2:57pm On Jan 17, 2021
They want to borrow the end SARS protesters money.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #EndSARS Activists: Government Yet To Unfreeze Our Bank Accounts Since Oct 2020 by Hongkog(m): 3:21pm On Jan 17, 2021
ok
Re: #EndSARS Activists: Government Yet To Unfreeze Our Bank Accounts Since Oct 2020 by Luckydubby7(m): 3:39pm On Jan 17, 2021
Too bad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS Activists: Government Yet To Unfreeze Our Bank Accounts Since Oct 2020 by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 17, 2021
I know some Nairalanders are going to blast me for criticizing President Buhari, but I don't care. I'll speak the truth no matter whose ox is gored!

Yes, I agree he's done exceptionally well in the areas of agriculture, infrastructure, human development, finance, security and economy, but his failure to punish insurrectionists cannot be ignored. His (administration's) refusal to jail Aisha Yesufu and the other EndSars promoters; his refusal to jail Sowore and allowing Nnamdi Kanu to jump bail successfully will be recorded in history as the failures of the Muhammadu Buhari administration. That's what his softness will cost him if his administration keeps sweeping these issues under the carpet!

President Buhari must understand that Nigerians will not rest until those guys are jailed. That they are celebrities doesn't in any way put them above the law. We are all equal in the eyes of the law. Hopefully, this administration will do the right thing and jail those criminals. Doing otherwise will result in a MONSTROUS PROTEST!

I have spoken my mind.

God bless Nigeria.

19 Likes 11 Shares

Re: #EndSARS Activists: Government Yet To Unfreeze Our Bank Accounts Since Oct 2020 by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 17, 2021
All of them deserve more than that, govt need to charge them for treason untill they exonerate themselves before competent court of law. The same people inciting them with words of courage to cause chaos in their country for alleged extra judicial killings by SARS officers are now arresting and charging their citizens for Capitol invasion to some extent FBI is now probing Capitol riot link to foreign governments, groups. The FBI is investigating whether foreign governments, organisations or individuals provided financial support to people who helped plan and execute the January 6 attack on the Capitol, a news report said on Sunday.
As part of the investigation, the FBI is examining payments of $500,000 in bitcoin, apparently by a French national, to key figures and groups in the far right before the riot, one current and one former FBI official told NBC News.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #EndSARS Activists: Government Yet To Unfreeze Our Bank Accounts Since Oct 2020 by Racoon(m): 5:03pm On Jan 17, 2021
The CBN said they blocked the accounts in error while the DSS said they obtained a court injunction to block the accounts? What about the account of the BH sponsors who free sent monies out of Nigeria to the UAE? No truth under this government.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #EndSARS Activists: Government Yet To Unfreeze Our Bank Accounts Since Oct 2020 by AdolfAboki(m): 7:03pm On Jan 17, 2021
SilverNorGold:
I know some Nairalanders are going to blast me for criticizing President Buhari, but I don't care. I'll speak the truth no matter whose ox is gored!

Yes, I agree he's done exceptionally well in the areas of agriculture, infrastructure, human development, finance, security and economy, but his failure to punish insurrectionists cannot be ignored. His (administration's) refusal to jail Aisha Yesufu and the other EndSars promoters; his refusal to jail Sowore and allowing Nnamdi Kanu to jump bail successfully will be recorded in history as the failures of the Muhammadu Buhari administration. That's what his softness will cost him if his administration keeps sweeping these issues under the carpet!

President Buhari must understand that Nigerians will not rest until those guys are jailed. That they are celebrities doesn't in any way put them above the law. We are all equal in the eyes of the law. Hopefully, this administration will do the right thing and jail those criminals. Doing otherwise will result in a MONSTROUS PROTEST!

I have spoken my mind.

God bless Nigeria.

I understand your anger, comrade. You're right. In saner climes, those EndSars anarchists would either be cooling in jail or be languishing in Hell as punishment for all their atrocities. But the reverse is the case here. Baba should do something. Nobody is above the law like you rightly said.

God will help us.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #EndSARS Activists: Government Yet To Unfreeze Our Bank Accounts Since Oct 2020 by AdolfAboki(m): 7:11pm On Jan 17, 2021
They're even complaining about their frozen accounts, imagine their guts! Their blood money is all that matters to them. My God will judge them!

12 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Activists: Government Yet To Unfreeze Our Bank Accounts Since Oct 2020 by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 17, 2021
AdolfAboki:

I understand your anger, comrade. You're right. In saner climes, those EndSars anarchists would either be cooling in jail or be languishing in Hell as punishment for all their atrocities. But the reverse is the case here. Baba should do something. Nobody is above the law like you rightly said.

God will help us.

My brother, it's well...

May God help Nigeria.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS Activists: Government Yet To Unfreeze Our Bank Accounts Since Oct 2020 by JEWELofHELL: 7:17pm On Jan 17, 2021
Government should freeze them, not their accounts. Evil protesters!

8 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Activists: Government Yet To Unfreeze Our Bank Accounts Since Oct 2020 by JEWELofHELL: 7:18pm On Jan 17, 2021
SilverNorGold:

I have spoken my mind.

God bless Nigeria.

I'll also join the protest. Gladly!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #EndSARS Activists: Government Yet To Unfreeze Our Bank Accounts Since Oct 2020 by JEWELofHELL: 7:20pm On Jan 17, 2021
Coronabirus:
All of them deserve more than that, govt need to charge them for treason untill they exonerate themselves before competent court of law. The same people inciting them with words of courage to cause chaos in their country for alleged extra judicial killings by SARS officers are now arresting and charging their citizens for Capitol invasion to some extent FBI is now probing Capitol riot link to foreign governments, groups. The FBI is investigating whether foreign governments, organisations or individuals provided financial support to people who helped plan and execute the January 6 attack on the Capitol, a news report said on Sunday.
As part of the investigation, the FBI is examining payments of $500,000 in bitcoin, apparently by a French national, to key figures and groups in the far right before the riot, one current and one former FBI official told NBC News.

GBAM! .. They must suffer the same fate their victims suffered!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS Activists: Government Yet To Unfreeze Our Bank Accounts Since Oct 2020 by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 17, 2021
Ok
Re: #EndSARS Activists: Government Yet To Unfreeze Our Bank Accounts Since Oct 2020 by Oyiboman69: 8:33pm On Jan 17, 2021
Na god go punish buhari

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS Activists: Government Yet To Unfreeze Our Bank Accounts Since Oct 2020 by FOREX4free(m): 8:34pm On Jan 17, 2021
This is bad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS Activists: Government Yet To Unfreeze Our Bank Accounts Since Oct 2020 by mytime24(f): 8:34pm On Jan 17, 2021
Zoo government
Zoo presidency
Zoo political power
Zoo laws

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS Activists: Government Yet To Unfreeze Our Bank Accounts Since Oct 2020 by adonnii(f): 8:34pm On Jan 17, 2021
President Buhari must understand that Nigerians will not rest until the killers of those guys are jailed. That they are celebrities doesn't in any way put
them above the law. We are all equal in the eyes of the law.
Hopefully, this administration will do the right thing and jail those
criminals.
Re: #EndSARS Activists: Government Yet To Unfreeze Our Bank Accounts Since Oct 2020 by xeeco: 8:35pm On Jan 17, 2021
What do you expect from a government which majors in minor and minor in Major.?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #EndSARS Activists: Government Yet To Unfreeze Our Bank Accounts Since Oct 2020 by yanabasee1(m): 8:35pm On Jan 17, 2021
Stupid Government....

7 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Activists: Government Yet To Unfreeze Our Bank Accounts Since Oct 2020 by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 17, 2021
now u see that our government are very wicked and stupid.. why didn't they freeze those involve in the killing of innocents people at Lekki tow gate instead it was guys that aid the movement even to those providing for the medical facilities...i just tire for this bleeped up country

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS Activists: Government Yet To Unfreeze Our Bank Accounts Since Oct 2020 by Psalmy2cute(m): 8:35pm On Jan 17, 2021
angry angry rubbish set of human being
Re: #EndSARS Activists: Government Yet To Unfreeze Our Bank Accounts Since Oct 2020 by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 17, 2021
You people should go and meet Daddy Freeze
Re: #EndSARS Activists: Government Yet To Unfreeze Our Bank Accounts Since Oct 2020 by Primusinterpares(m): 8:38pm On Jan 17, 2021
Pathetic Government.

Same government granting amnesty to "repentant bokoo haram"

6 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Activists: Government Yet To Unfreeze Our Bank Accounts Since Oct 2020 by TGM2015: 8:39pm On Jan 17, 2021
Donations were received in various currencies, including naira and dollars using Flutterwave to provide food, medical care and legal aid to protesters.

However, the donation link was disabled. The donation was subsequently moved to Bitcoin.

The only reason why the accounts have not been unfreeze is that the owners of the affected accounts were yet to establish that the inflow (money sent to the accounts) and outflow (money received to the accounts) were not from/to illegal sources that might include money launders, terrorists, etc.

Hold on why using a third party apps when you can receive money directly into your bank accounts and sent same directly from your account to who so ever needed it.

Let them all go to court and clear themselves or sue the ass of FG and CBN for the act. I know this is impossible for them because they knew the truth that the government is right (legally) on this but still need to appeal to the sentiments of their supporters.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway To Be Completed Before 2023 - PMB / Festus Keyamo Sues Atiku And Others / Subsidy Removal Will Reduce Carbon Dioxide Emissions - Shettima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.