Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,777 members, 7,955,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:09 PM

What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. (13865 Views)

What Has GEJ Done To Lagosians ? / What Has GEJ Done For The South-South (Niger Delta) Region in Particular. / What Has Gej Done For Jos Crisis? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by edicolove: 7:54pm On Apr 02, 2011
it would have really been a nice election run if buhari supporters can really discuss issues, but every post they post is one insult after another. they like to engage in name calling and blackmail and bullying. if this is the Nigeria we are going to experience if buhari wins then it is sad. i wont discuss with them again because they dont sound like really intelligent articulate people. most of them do not live in Nigeria though so they have no clue of the people's sentiments and inclination.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by mbulela: 7:54pm On Apr 02, 2011
by the way, this offer is still open for discussion;
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=576504.msg7430981#msg7430981
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by deola007: 7:59pm On Apr 02, 2011
All i see are plans and launching of plans, please give me a deliverable.
In FAshola's 10 months, we could point to something
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by allanohize(m): 8:03pm On Apr 02, 2011
@babytoun,

No matter how fast or slow you walk, you will never get to your destination if you are walking in the wrong direction. With PDP in power since 1999, Nigeria has been walking in the wrong direction! So don't join other deceived people who say GEJ has not stayed long enough be effective. If you give him another 25 years in power, we will still not get anywhere because we are not moving in the right direction.

OBJ told us 4 years was too small, we gave him another 4 years. Then he said that too was too small he needed a third term, haba!

Late Yaradua came in and his illness made us overlook his weaknesses as a leader. GEJ is there today and Nigerians are worse off than they were 12 years ago.

About 1000 people (in total) spend more than one quarter of Nigeria's budget, and you say GEJ is good? Go to Aso rock and see how his sister and other family members are living. Education is rotten in Nigeria today except you are willing to pay through your nose, this means 95% of nigerians who cant afford it MUST live in ignorance.

Nigerians, a monkey with clothes right now is better than what we have as a president. I don't care which party wins, but I care that PDP should never remain there.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by edicolove: 8:23pm On Apr 02, 2011
All i see are plans and launching of plans, please give me a deliverable.
In FAshola's 10 months, we could point to something

i live in lagos. i will vote fashola for governor. but to say he did something in 10months is a big lie. he still hasnt done well in many areas. but i consider him the best of the lot. i went thru the adeniji jones bypass yesterday. they have been working on that road since the last 6 years or more. if you go thru agege and most of alimosho lga, the roads a re very bad. but i still give him a pass mark, but dont say he had something tangible in 10 months.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by boycottam: 8:27pm On Apr 02, 2011

he's done nothing
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Emmy3(m): 8:56pm On Apr 02, 2011
I'm proud that I buy fuel for #65 anywhere in Nigeria.
I'm also happy that my brothers Sch. Fees + Xpenses @ FUTO is paid by the GEJ Administration 4 his brilliance. . .
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Donmeca(m): 9:03pm On Apr 02, 2011
GEJ's sin according to his opponents is his perceived inaction but that will not make Nigerians vote a worse personality who may act wrongly.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by JimmyBoy1: 9:05pm On Apr 02, 2011
I find some of these posts to be an insult to our intelligence. It is only an slowpoke that will absolve GEJ from failures of Yaradu's administration. If you people claim that he was spectator during this period, so why did he stayed there collecting perks of office without any contribution to national development.Madam Bucknor Akerele resigned as Deputy Governor of Lagos state, when she became irrelevant at Alausa, but your GEJ prefers to siddon look. He promised 6000mw by december 2010, but all to know avail. Apparently luck does not increase megawatt.I am not sure the folk who posted this story was already born in 1983, he would have known that power was more stable then than now. I heard Jonathan taking credit for regular fuel supply. Common folks, how can we be celebrating fuel importation while every other oil producer of Nigeria stature is actually exporting refined products to Nigeria. Did you guys go to the polling center today before the postponement was announced? then you must know that time is up for PDP as Nigerians are ready to kick them out.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by ziccoit: 9:07pm On Apr 02, 2011
Mr Aregbesola the President Governor of Osun State created 20,000 jobs in 100days. Now calculate how many days are in 10months?
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Ibime(m): 9:14pm On Apr 02, 2011
Only a lazy son of a b-@tch who can't think of anything GEJ has done will start disigenuously asking people what he hasnt done.

Its reflective of the level of education we have in Nigeria that critical thinking be represented by such inane questions.

However, if you ask me the singular thing GEJ did that made me lose all faith in him, I would tell you the MOST SELFISH ACT I have seen from any President is striking a deal with all PDP Governors to allow them all to serve second terms (regardless of performance) in return for them promising delegate votes. That's the moment at which I knew GEJ can NEVER represent any sort of change.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by EzeUche(m): 9:17pm On Apr 02, 2011
I see politics is bringing out the worse in people. Shame! cry
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by edicolove: 9:29pm On Apr 02, 2011
Mr Aregbesola the President Governor of Osun State created 20,000 jobs in 100days. Now calculate how many days are in 10months?

-------------------------------------------------------

please with all due respect, dont post things like this. it doesnt make you look good. even lagos state with the kind of mney it gets from the FG and taxes cannot boast of creating 20, 000 jobs in 100days. that is the biggest lie you can ever say on this board. do you know what it takes to pay 20, 000 people? you obviously have no idea. please dont say things that make you look "stupid" and please i dont mean it in an insulting way. All the governors are even struggling to pay the 18, 000 minimum wage and you are posting such a thing. haba my guy!
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by babytoun: 9:32pm On Apr 02, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^6

God bless you real good. 20000 jobs ko. rubbish jobs like this are only creatd in THE NATION(tinubu) newspaper.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 02, 2011
Edicolove but the osun state governor did.its true. Saw it myself
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by babytoun: 9:47pm On Apr 02, 2011
Ibime:

Only a lazy son of a b-@tch who can't think of anything GEJ has done will start disigenuously asking people what he hasnt done.

Its reflective of the level of education we have in Nigeria that critical thinking be represented by such inane questions.

However, if you ask me the singular thing GEJ did that made me lose all faith in him, I would tell you the MOST SELFISH ACT I have seen from any President is striking a deal with all PDP Governors to allow them all to serve second terms (regardless of performance) in return for them promising delegate votes. That's the moment at which I knew GEJ can NEVER represent any sort of change.

Statements like the bolded only present you as someone too weak to engage in fruitful objective arguments.

From what i see BB fans have little to offer. i have presented this report sheet written by the well respected opeyemi Agbaje of Patitos gang. I expect people to attack the report and tell me its a lie. bUT if the report is true , then why are we placing   GEJ in buhari's class. what exactly did buhari achieve in 20 months?

WEDNESDAY, 30 MARCH 2011 00:00 OPEYEMI AGBAJE

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), a centrist, non-ideological “rally” has dominated Nigerian democracy since 1999. Having controlled the presidency, National Assembly and most state governorships and legislative houses for 12 years, it often has not acted as if it fully appreciates the weight of its moral and political responsibility! PDP can claim to be the party of national unity (evidently the bonds of power and money are deeper than tribe, tongue and faith!), economic reform and international acceptance. In the South-South, North-Central and South-East, PDP is the default party, and in the North, it is often the party of the mainstream establishment.

Ex-President Obasanjo reformed telecommunications; negotiated Nigeria’s re-acceptance into the international community and restored a sense of nationhood that dangerously tethered on the edge during Abacha’s days of terror. In his second term, Obasanjo assembled a strong economic team leading to the elimination of Nigerian foreign debt; pension reforms; banking consolidation; macroeconomic stability and strong fiscal management. He was less successful on social reforms with education, health and social infrastructure remaining sub-optimal and poverty endemic. Even though he eventually developed the right template for power sector reforms (Electric Power Sector Reform Act 2005), Obasanjo failed in its implementation. Umaru Yar’adua’s tenure recorded only one major achievement-the Niger-Delta amnesty.

The PDP’s greatest failings are the quality of democratic practice, shameful elections conducted in 2003 and 2007 and deepening of corruption in Nigeria. Fortunately for the party, its opponents cannot claim substantive qualitative difference as politicians cross from party to party opportunistically such that sensible voters have now learnt to evaluate candidates for political office on the basis of individual assessments. When President Goodluck Jonathan became substantive president in May 2010, just 10 months ago, I wrote “Memo to Goodluck Jonathan” in which I argued (consistent with opinions expressed by other commentators and newspaper editorials) that given the short time at his disposal, he should concentrate on limited priorities-power, electoral reform and Niger-Delta. On each of these, the president scores an A!

[b]He unveiled an excellent power sector road map designed to place the sector under private sector ownership and management; and executed it leading to expressions of interest from over 331 credible local and international investors. I will personally like Jonathan and Professor Barth Nnaji to conclude the implementation of this road map!!! Especially as his main opponents do not seem to understand what is required to reform the sector. In the short term, power production has reportedly risen to 4,000 MW. Current oil production figures of 2.6million barrels per day are a clear indicator of success of Jonathan’s Niger-Delta policy, (in spite of the activities of a strange “MEND” whose strategic objectives seem to tally with those of the “Northern Political Leaders Forum” (NPLF) rather than the Niger-Delta!!!) Jonathan appointed Professor Attahiru Jega INEC chairman and has conducted fairly credible elections in Anambra (where PDP lost) and Delta States. He provided every funding requested by INEC and freed up the political space, including by restoring ACN candidate Nuhu Ribadu’s AIG rank and permitting him and Nasir El-Rufai return from exile.[/b]

I do not know the point at which public opinion (or mass hysteria?) evolved into expecting Jonathan to solve in ten months all the problems of the Nigerian state accumulated over 5o years of independence, a clearly irrational expectation!!! But surprisingly Jonathan has recorded other successes. Education-new national secondary curriculum; highest budgetary allocation for education in 2011 budget proposals; a policy of establishing centres for entrepreneurial development in all federal universities; “Almajiri” education policy; and establishment of nine new federal universities; transportation-revival of rail systems; upgrading the Enugu airport to international status; achieving total radar coverage and US Category 3 status permitting resumption of direct flights; new terminal building at Aminu Kano Airport Kano; labour-new minimum wage and constitutional amendment on National Industrial Court.

Gas and Energy-”gas revolution” policy framework for leveraging gas for industrialisation; $3bn Oando/AGIP gas processing plant; petrochemical plant and several fertiliser plants in conjunction with foreign investors; refineries reportedly working at capacity and absence of fuel queues; roads-multiple ongoing road projects, including East-West and Coastal Road;  citizens engagement on Facebook and proactive actions to rescue Nigerians in Egypt and Libya; revival of textile sector through government support; several industrial intervention funds for aviation, SMEs, entertainment, manufacturing, power etc; foreign policy-sensible diplomatic posture leading to strong roles in ECOWAS, UN and bilateral relations. Despite permutations, he united the PDP behind him trouncing the formidable Atiku Abubakar during the party’s primaries. In spite of severe provocations, he successfully navigated minefields during the Yar’adua vacuum and thereafter. He may yet deliver on important legislations-Sovereign Wealth Fund, Freedom of Information, and Petroleum Industry Bills and has already passed AMCON, minimum wage and money laundering/anti-terrorism bills.

Jonathan can claim to be the candidate of national unity, a federation of co-equal nationalities and national integration, freedom and openness, power sector reform, education and critical infrastructure. His major weakness is his party, but in spite of that, I think he is the sensible choice in these elections! I score him 7 for personal qualities; 6 on vision and leadership; 7 for policy platform and manifesto; 6 on economic management; 4 on anti-corruption; 8 for international relations; 8 on national unity and stability; 8 on democracy and institution-building; 7 for human rights, press freedom and open society; 6 for administration and execution and 6 bonus marks for his running-mate totalling 73 out of a possible 110 marks.

Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Ibime(m): 10:01pm On Apr 02, 2011
@ Babytoun,

In which universe do you expect me to take a report scoring GEJ 73/110 serious.

Please abeg, I no get time for your nonsense. Am typing on my phone. Consider my posts as tweets cos I'm not debating anyone, just stating my views. Trust me if I decide to take that rubbish article to task, Ill be here all day.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by scorpion1: 10:29pm On Apr 02, 2011
The paradox that rudely stares at our faces is GEJ has spent 12 yrs in power yet he is the most clueless.

Or how can you explain his not having any visible achievement in Bayesla State? Even Yar'Adua might have been a sick man but, he was a sick man with guts! Yar'Adua was also a honest man but, his honestly did not materialize into anything because he was sorrounded by the wolves in the PDP, no amonut of road maps, international standard policy and agenda points would work in Nigeria untill corruption is tackled and GEJ has not proven to me that he can fight corruption. Here are a list of GEJ's indiscretions that showed me he isn't a serious man.

1. He has NO known polical atecedents as a deputy gov, gov, VP , Acting President and president.

2. He presided over the FEC meeting that awarded the N60bn for a 14km runway--even after Yar' Adua had previously turned it down.

3. He bought 3 presidential jets--even after Yar'Adua had previously dismissed the idea--meanwhile, there were already 7 aircrafts in the Presidential Air Fleet while the Nigerian Air Force lack aircrafts.

4. He denied the zoning structure publicly on various national news mediums--only for OBJ to confirm last week that there is actually one.

5. As soon as he was sworn in, he confirred Patricia Etteh and other corrupt PDP officials with National awards.

6. His FIFA debacle really embarraced us.

7. He exonorated MEND and pointed gullible Nigerians towards the direction of Dokpesi, IBB and Atiku (for the records, I despise those two politicians)

8. After TY Danjuma and other members of the Presidential Advisory Committee (PAC) advised him to cut down the size of his cabinet because of its expensive maintenance; he proceed to create 4 more Special Advisers offices--meaning extratra funding and more wastes. What do you need a special adviser for Diaspora (Ikemba's wife) so its chop we all chop, when you have a Minister of Foreign Affairs? Also created Adviser on Counter Terrorism when he already has a National Security Adviser?

9. He has refused to condemn Gbabo of Cote de Voire in the strongest possible terms because he is not sure of the out-come his own up coming election.

10. He still dances to Obasanjo's tunes

11. Squandered all our excess crude account to appease his political opponents and to win the Presidential primaries.

12. Whatever happened to our foreign reserves? Sharing of $15,000 each to delegates to win PDP presidential ticket.

13. Why should he be accepting N1Bn from Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga, Dantata and Ibrahim for his campaign when they are clearly reponsible for our electricity and fuel problems?--what moral justification would he have to tackle them head on if he wins?

14. From what account is the N100m per day campaign money coming from? WHO DO WE NEED? We need a president who doesn't take orders/ directives from any political godfather. We need a president who is intelligent and ready to provide the basic necessities of life, Food, Clothing and Shelter. We need a president who doesn't romance with corrupt people. We need a president who has the GUTS to fight corruption! MY PEOPLE YOU BETTER WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!!! GEJ no be am o!!!"

The team is the Buhari/Bakare (BB) team. Vote wisely. No time for experiments.

Nigerians, shine your eyes.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by pek(m): 10:36pm On Apr 02, 2011
Èven with your sham of achievements, if i have one hundred votes, none will be for jonathan!
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by edicolove: 10:45pm On Apr 02, 2011
Edicolove but the osun state governor did.its true. Saw it myself

fashola in lagos has not produced 20, 000 jobs in 4years,how can osun state governor do it? if you combine lastma and KAI and lawma and LSIR and others, they are hardly up to 20, 000. 20, 000 receiving an average salary of N20, 000 a month will cost the state 400million a month as salaries alone. and you have not even considered the old workers already there. the average government junior worker goes home with over 25, 000. what is osun's state budget in a year? please tell me you are more intelligent than this. not even akwa ibom, collecting the highest money from FG wll employ 20, 000 in 100 days. please dont push this kind of argument. it doesnt make you look smart.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Kobojunkie: 10:48pm On Apr 02, 2011
edicolove:

fashola in lagos has not produced 20, 000 jobs in 4years,

Do not attempt that one ooooo!!!! Ordinary LAMATA And LAWMA new hires in the last 4 years probably outnumber that oo!! NO make his minions come catch you for this one ooo!!

edicolove:
how can osun state governor do it? if you combine lastma and KAI and lawma and LSIR and others, they are hardly up to 20, 000. 20, 000 receiving an average salary of N20, 000 a month will cost the state 400million a month as salaries alone. and you have not even considered the old workers already there. the average government junior worker goes home with over 25, 000. what is osun's state budget in a year? please tell me you are more intelligent than this. not even akwa ibom, collecting the highest money from FG wll employ 20, 000 in 100 days. please dont push this kind of argument. it doesnt make you look smart.

Also, Average Salary is not N20,000 per month. I believe it was N6000 until recently.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by edicolove: 10:57pm On Apr 02, 2011
Quote from: edicolove on Today at 10:45:01 PM
fashola in lagos has not produced 20, 000 jobs in 4years,

Do not attempt that one ooooo!!!! Ordinary LAMATA And LAWMA new hires in the last 4 years probably outnumber that oo!! NO make his minions come catch you for this one ooo!!

Quote from: edicolove on Today at 10:45:01 PM
how can osun state governor do it? if you combine lastma and KAI and lawma and LSIR and others, they are hardly up to 20, 000. 20, 000 receiving an average salary of N20, 000 a month will cost the state 400million a month as salaries alone. and you have not even considered the old workers already there. the average government junior worker goes home with over 25, 000. what is osun's state budget in a year? please tell me you are more intelligent than this. not even akwa ibom, collecting the highest money from FG wll employ 20, 000 in 100 days. please dont push this kind of argument. it doesnt make you look smart.

Also, Average Salary is not N20,000 per month. I believe it was N6000 until recently.

it clearly shows you probably dont live in naija or you are deliberately lying.do you know what is 20, 000 workers? Fashola has not employed that much. please dont lie just to win an argument. and nobody receives 6000 as salary. please dont say things that make you look bad. the last time workers were receiving 7, 500 as basic was in OBJs time. that was when the NLC went on strike and demonstrated. that is so so long ago. Fashola can claim that the things he had done has created that much job. that will be another argument for another day. but as direct employment, please!
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Kobojunkie: 11:04pm On Apr 02, 2011
edicolove:

it clearly shows you probably dont live in naija or you are deliberately lying.do you know what is 20, 000 workers? Fashola has not employed that much. please dont lie just to win an argument. and nobody receives 6000 as salary. please dont say things that make you look bad. the last time workers were receiving 7, 500 as basic was in OBJs time. that was when the NLC went on strike and demonstrated. that is so so long ago. Fashola can claim that the things he had done has created that much job. that will be another argument for another day. but as direct employment, please!

Here's the wonderful thing!! I am used to people making claims even they have no facts to support, just so they can feel they are winning some brownie points . . . Again, I will to see you post the substance of your claim or leave you to the Fashola men to tear you to pieces. ROFLMAO!
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by MissEZ(f): 11:14pm On Apr 02, 2011
Edicolove, i beg to differ on the fact that no one receives 6000 as salary, say as of recent, but i happened to work in the civil service for a short period of time last year and believe it or not, there were people who collected 6000 as their take home pay. Even as a graduate with not one but 2 masters, i was paid 36,000 naira, of course i left cos that was pure BS.

I still maintain that we should be honest about GEJs faults. The man has really made one too many obvious gaffes. I think that everyone is entitled to vote for who they want, but in a few years time, when we are still hearing the same politicians making empty promises and not delivering, that we can all come back on nairaland and apologize to each other for the rude comments made on behalf of these people who care nothing about us the youths and masses in general.

The article that we are using to praise GEJ is subjective to the person who wrote it, i bet there is someone out there who can equally write something as good showing that he has underperformed. We are just being played by political rhetoric.

Abeg make una vote for person who una wan vote for, its not by force for everyone to have the same opinions about a person. All this GEJ, BB debate is tiring. I am more interested in what the appointment of either of them will do for out country that is falling to pieces. I was one of the few that was happy for GEJ when he became president, but so far he has disappointed, especially in the area of security of human lives and property. His inability to contain issues is very distressing to me as a person. Look at the spate of killings, bombings and such that has happened during his time, granted its not his fault, but he responded poorly to each and every single one of them. God helps us
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by bandely(m): 11:28pm On Apr 02, 2011
When will nigerians be sensible and reason logically. anybody that doesn't see that GEJ Will not take us anywhere must have had something wrong with his/her brain.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by osajojo(m): 11:30pm On Apr 02, 2011
i prefer judgin 4rm evidence.if u ever stayed on the que 4 fuel or but a litre 4 N120 from a fuel station then u wud understand dat sum1 undastnds ur plight n hes comited to amelioratin them.lastly wheda u like it or not the establishment of the 9 universities is an enormous feet because those university would soon absorb unemployed graduates and educate very many illiterates. My advice for Jona is that he does something evident in power and anti corruption between now and 015 no extension of time.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by edicolove: 11:33pm On Apr 02, 2011
Abeg make una vote for person who una wan vote for, its not by force for everyone to have the same opinions about a person. All this GEJ, BB debate is tiring. I am more interested in what the appointment of either of them will do for out country that is falling to pieces. I was one of the few that was happy for GEJ when he became president, but so far he has disappointed, especially in the area of security of human lives and property. His inability to contain issues is very distressing to me as a person. Look at the spate of killings, bombings and such that has happened during his time, granted its not his fault, but he responded poorly to each and every single one of them. God helps us

you have spoken well but you forgot to add that the bombings are a direct effort to sabotage GEJ. Imagine the boko aram people trying to sabotage GEJ just because he is not from the north and you tell me we should not be tribal. this is one reason believe me that GEJ will get a lot of votes. the north must show they are willing for us to come together as one. Buhari's campaign in the north was all about tribe and region and how do you think a typical niger delta person will see that. the crowds around him showing they support him because he is from their region. please if you guys want a balanced Naija, then we must be honest. these guys will come in again and take our resources and leave us in a bad state. Buhari is the worst of its kind because he is of the oligarchy that believes they are born to rule.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by mbulela: 11:44pm On Apr 02, 2011
His inability to address the security situation in the country and playing politics with the numerous bombings in the country.
either he lacks the political will or he is truly inept.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by edicolove: 11:54pm On Apr 02, 2011
His inability to address the security situation in the country and playing politics with the numerous bombings in the country.
either he lacks the political will or he is truly inept.

----------------------------------------------------------

there has been series of killings and bombings in America over the last 3years. the newyork case. the Oklahoma case and many more. have you seen anyone calling for Obama's head? please dont use such things as arguments. if he gives in to the bombings, it means the bombers have achieved their aim, which is blackmail.

they have been trying to sabotage him and it seems it is working because people like you are now using it against him. this is what the bombers want. how do you tackle a group that have no face. you think it takes political will. no. it takes modern security technics which Nigeria must now develop. Buhari's gestapo style will not solved it. it will only aggravate it. if Buhari assumes power, the country will be a walking time bomb because he will try to be a military style person and it wont work because things have changed since 1984
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Autolord: 12:08am On Apr 03, 2011
I want to  be sure if i should vote for GEJ, i opened this thread hoping to see how GEJ has failed and all i get from all this dumb anti-Jonathan is;

1.He has NO known polical atecedents as a deputy gov, gov, VP , Acting President and president; Check your dictionary for the meaning of polical and atecedents. I dont understand what this means and how it would move Nigeria forward

2.He presided over the FEC meeting that awarded the N60bn for a 14km runway--even after Yar' Adua had previously turned it down. when did it become a crime to award contracts to construct runways.Isnt this supposed to be part of development

3.He bought 3 presidential jets--even after Yar'Adua had previously dismissed the idea--meanwhile, there were already 7 aircrafts in the Presidential Air Fleet while the Nigerian Air Force lack aircrafts;  He is upgrading his status because he rules a very great country Nigeria. whereas they are not he's private jets.who told you the Airforce lacks aircrafts. And how would 3 presidential jets stop development,

4.He denied the zoning structure publicly on various national news mediums--only for OBJ to confirm last week that there is actually one.;what does zoning have to do with achievements

and other nonsense like he still dances to Obasanjos tune,
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Autolord: 12:11am On Apr 03, 2011
[size=40pt]FRESH AIR 2011[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Did Mungo Park Actually Discover River Niger? / G-7 Governors, Baraje, Accept Court Ruling On Tukur / Strike: EEDC Shuts Down Source Of Supply In Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.