Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,577 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. (13682 Views)

What Has GEJ Done To Lagosians ? / What Has GEJ Done For The South-South (Niger Delta) Region in Particular. / What Has Gej Done For Jos Crisis? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Kobojunkie: 3:30pm On Apr 03, 2011
^^^ The power plans that already failed in delivering on the 6900MW promised by this April 2011?? grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Sagamite(m): 3:31pm On Apr 03, 2011
ktechnical:

The truth is that Nigeria have a long way to go but i will go 4 Goodluck cause am very positive about is power plans, considering Nigeria is more than 50yrs, yet we have nothing to show for it.

Personally i think his best is better than is worse

GEJ is useless.

He is a uselessly incompetent man that has done nothing, is uninspiring, dumb, has bad intentions and does not exhibit the capability or the intellect to achieve anything. He is by far inferior to most of the main other candidates.

Plans don't get you anywhere with incompetent people, especially with bad intentions, in charge.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by scopusng(m): 3:34pm On Apr 03, 2011
see na

Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by asorocker: 3:35pm On Apr 03, 2011
why not contend with a weak leader whom you can control and who will listen to you than a strong leader whom you can't control and who can not listen to you.

Scenari 1

In 1967 , Awolowo had 2 options of backing 1 nigeria and opting out of uniong , he chose the former for the immediate gains of the post of VeePee and finance minister, he used that post to enrich his people and himself through the indigenisation decree.
Today most of the compaines they invested in are comatose and unprofitable (vono,dunlop ,unilever).

Lesson 1 immediate gains might become losses in future.

Scenario 2

In 1983 MKO Abiola , because of some differences he had with his party leadership sponsored a coup against an elected democratic government ,10 years later his own election was truncated and his dreams ended in his grave. Today the same person whom MKO used now(Buhari) wants to try what MKO could not do.

Lesson 2 what ever a man sows he will reap.

Whom would you vote a former police man whose only achievement was to humiliate the political opponents of his principal.
The police force is the most corrupt organisation.

Or a former soldier , who is so erratic that he ordered soldiers in 1982 to invade a soveriegn country , chad . Even Abacha , the worst dictator nigeria ever had could contemplate that. ( Buhari might not be controllable like Abacha)

Or a former University lecturer , who has been loyal to his bosses and has rode on the path of divine providence to where he is now, ( a minority of minorities ascending the throne)

A stitch in time saves 9, vote wisely.

Don't be carried away by the post of VeePee today . The VP of today might not be as lucky as the VP of yesterday. The presido is wiser today. Remember O.O Diya.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Sagamite(m): 3:40pm On Apr 03, 2011
asorocker:

why not contend with a weak leader whom you can control and who will listen to you than a strong leader whom you can't control and who can not listen to you.

Scenari 1

In 1967 , Awolowo had 2 options of backing 1 nigeria and opting out of uniong , he chose the former for the immediate gains of the post of VeePee and finance minister, he used that post to enrich his people and himself through the indigenisation decree.
Today most of the compaines they invested in are comatose and unprofitable (vono,dunlop ,unilever).

Lesson 1 immediate gains might become losses in future.

Scenario 2

In 1983 MKO Abiola , because of some differences he had with his party leadership sponsored a coup against an elected democratic government ,10 years later his own election was truncated and his dreams ended in his grave. Today the same person whom MKO used now(Buhari) wants to try what MKO could not do.

Lesson 2 what ever a man sows he will reap.

Whom would you vote a former police man whose only achievement was to humiliate the political opponents of his principal.
The police force is the most corrupt organisation.

Or a former soldier , who is so erratic that he ordered soldiers in 1982 to invade a soveriegn country , chad . Even Abacha , the worst dictator nigeria ever had could contemplate that. ( Buhari might not be controllable like Abacha)

Or a former University lecturer , who has been loyal to his bosses and has rode on the path of divine providence to where he is now, ( a minority of minorities ascending the throne)

A stitch in time saves 9, vote wisely.

Don't be carried away by the post of VeePee today . The VP of today might not be as lucky as the VP of yesterday. The presido is wiser today. Remember O.O Diya.

What a bloody dumb post.

I don't even know where to start from. Conjectures after conjectures and lame identification of supposed strengths.

An example of the collapse of our education system.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by asorocker: 3:41pm On Apr 03, 2011
The power problem has been there since 1990 , so why blame GEJ for it. OBJ spent 8 years and couldn't solve it , Abacha 5 years , GEJ and Abdulsalmi 1 year plus , so the blame is not GEJ but OBJ's blame
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Kobojunkie: 3:45pm On Apr 03, 2011
asorocker:

How much control have we really had over Jonathan Goodluck? I mean some people claim because he has a facebook page, he listens to them. But the events of the past year show this is not the case at all. The cries for improved security has continually fallen on deaf ears. Better roads and services . . . a year later, he is still promising to do this in the future . . . no plans to do it NOW it seems. Better education  . ,  that is still in the future . . . no NOWs to his plans and goals it seems. Even the promise he made last year for this month . . . that one did not work and do you see him even explaining what happened? NAH!!! I suggest you go for the strong leader whose hand you do not have to hold!
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Chuks84(m): 4:04pm On Apr 03, 2011
WEDNESDAY, 30 MARCH 2011 00:00 OPEYEMI AGBAJE

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), a centrist, non-ideological “rally” has dominated Nigerian democracy since 1999. Having controlled the presidency, National Assembly and most state governorships and legislative houses for 12 years, it often has not acted as if it fully appreciates the weight of its moral and political responsibility! PDP can claim to be the party of national unity (evidently the bonds of power and money are deeper than tribe, tongue and faith!), economic reform and international acceptance. In the South-South, North-Central and South-East, PDP is the default party, and in the North, it is often the party of the mainstream establishment.

Ex-President Obasanjo reformed telecommunications; negotiated Nigeria’s re-acceptance into the international community and restored a sense of nationhood that dangerously tethered on the edge during Abacha’s days of terror. In his second term, Obasanjo assembled a strong economic team leading to the elimination of Nigerian foreign debt; pension reforms; banking consolidation; macroeconomic stability and strong fiscal management. He was less successful on social reforms with education, health and social infrastructure remaining sub-optimal and poverty endemic. Even though he eventually developed the right template for power sector reforms (Electric Power Sector Reform Act 2005), Obasanjo failed in its implementation. Umaru Yar’adua’s tenure recorded only one major achievement-the Niger-Delta amnesty.

The PDP’s greatest failings are the quality of democratic practice, shameful elections conducted in 2003 and 2007 and deepening of corruption in Nigeria. Fortunately for the party, its opponents cannot claim substantive qualitative difference as politicians cross from party to party opportunistically such that sensible voters have now learnt to evaluate candidates for political office on the basis of individual assessments. When President Goodluck Jonathan became substantive president in May 2010, just 10 months ago, I wrote “Memo to Goodluck Jonathan” in which I argued (consistent with opinions expressed by other commentators and newspaper editorials) that given the short time at his disposal, he should concentrate on limited priorities-power, electoral reform and Niger-Delta. On each of these, the president scores an A!

He unveiled an excellent power sector road map designed to place the sector under private sector ownership and management; and executed it leading to expressions of interest from over 331 credible local and international investors. I will personally like Jonathan and Professor Barth Nnaji to conclude the implementation of this road map!!! Especially as his main opponents do not seem to understand what is required to reform the sector. In the short term, power production has reportedly risen to 4,000 MW. Current oil production figures of 2.6million barrels per day are a clear indicator of success of Jonathan’s Niger-Delta policy, (in spite of the activities of a strange “MEND” whose strategic objectives seem to tally with those of the “Northern Political Leaders Forum” (NPLF) rather than the Niger-Delta!!!) Jonathan appointed Professor Attahiru Jega INEC chairman and has conducted fairly credible elections in Anambra (where PDP lost) and Delta States. He provided every funding requested by INEC and freed up the political space, including by restoring ACN candidate Nuhu Ribadu’s AIG rank and permitting him and Nasir El-Rufai return from exile.

I do not know the point at which public opinion (or mass hysteria?) evolved into expecting Jonathan to solve in ten months all the problems of the Nigerian state accumulated over 5o years of independence, a clearly irrational expectation!!! But surprisingly Jonathan has recorded other successes. Education-new national secondary curriculum; highest budgetary allocation for education in 2011 budget proposals; a policy of establishing centres for entrepreneurial development in all federal universities; “Almajiri” education policy; and establishment of nine new federal universities; transportation-revival of rail systems; upgrading the Enugu airport to international status; achieving total radar coverage and US Category 3 status permitting resumption of direct flights; new terminal building at Aminu Kano Airport Kano; labour-new minimum wage and constitutional amendment on National Industrial Court.

Gas and Energy-”gas revolution” policy framework for leveraging gas for industrialisation; $3bn Oando/AGIP gas processing plant; petrochemical plant and several fertiliser plants in conjunction with foreign investors; refineries reportedly working at capacity and absence of fuel queues; roads-multiple ongoing road projects, including East-West and Coastal Road;  citizens engagement on Facebook and proactive actions to rescue Nigerians in Egypt and Libya; revival of textile sector through government support; several industrial intervention funds for aviation, SMEs, entertainment, manufacturing, power etc; foreign policy-sensible diplomatic posture leading to strong roles in ECOWAS, UN and bilateral relations. Despite permutations, he united the PDP behind him trouncing the formidable Atiku Abubakar during the party’s primaries. In spite of severe provocations, he successfully navigated minefields during the Yar’adua vacuum and thereafter. He may yet deliver on important legislations-Sovereign Wealth Fund, Freedom of Information, and Petroleum Industry Bills and has already passed AMCON, minimum wage and money laundering/anti-terrorism bills.

Jonathan can claim to be the candidate of national unity, a federation of co-equal nationalities and national integration, freedom and openness, power sector reform, education and critical infrastructure. His major weakness is his party, but in spite of that, I think he is the sensible choice in these elections! I score him 7 for personal qualities; 6 on vision and leadership; 7 for policy platform and manifesto; 6 on economic management; 4 on anti-corruption; 8 for international relations; 8 on national unity and stability; 8 on democracy and institution-building; 7 for human rights, press freedom and open society; 6 for administration and execution and 6 bonus marks for his running-mate totalling 73 out of a possible 110 marks.

I would like to take you all back and analyse this shameful post.

First of all, the common man can't relate to all this technical mumbo jumbo that has been spewed here. Ask the average nigerian, what do we need? The answer will always be Jobs, electricity, good roads, a good healthcare system. For any leader to claim any meaningful achievement, he must have successfully tackled at least one of these issues. Lets go back to what this GEJ nuthead posted.

He unveiled an excellent power sector road map designed to place the sector under private sector ownership and management; and executed it leading to expressions of interest from over 331 credible local and international investors. I will personally like Jonathan and Professor Barth Nnaji to conclude the implementation of this road map!!! Especially as his main opponents do not seem to understand what is required to reform the sector. In the short term, power production has reportedly risen to 4,000 MW. Current oil production figures of 2.6million barrels per day are a clear indicator of success of Jonathan’s Niger-Delta policy, (in spite of the activities of a strange “MEND” whose strategic objectives seem to tally with those of the “Northern Political Leaders Forum” (NPLF) rather than the Niger-Delta!!!) Jonathan appointed Professor Attahiru Jega INEC chairman and has conducted fairly credible elections in Anambra (where PDP lost) and Delta States. He provided every funding requested by INEC and freed up the political space, including by restoring ACN candidate Nuhu Ribadu’s AIG rank and permitting him and Nasir El-Rufai return from exile.

I keep on hearing about this increase of 4000MW, Please which day are we going to see the evidence? You say he has unveiled a roadmap and executed it. If this has happened why is there no noticeable improvement in our power sector? Instead all I have noticed is a degeneration of our power supply. I live in the FCT. The nations capital and till today I see light at most, 3hrs a week! You claim fairly credible elections have been conducted in Anambra and Delta!!!! Now I know you are a joker. I am an indegene of anambra and I can authoritatively tell you that 80% of the registered voters were not allowed to vote because their names were inexplicably missing from the voter's register. Do you listen to news at all? The Delta elections were even more of a sham, videos of people stealing ballot boxes during the elections were posted all over the net and you have the audacity to call it "fairly credible"? He restored Nuhu Ribadu's rank and permitted El-Rufai to return to Nigeria? Haba! now I know you are just reaching. How has this in anyway improved the Nigerian economy?! These are personal favours he granted to individuals. Stop disgracing yourself.

I do not know the point at which public opinion (or mass hysteria?) evolved into expecting Jonathan to solve in ten months all the problems of the Nigerian state accumulated over 5o years of independence, a clearly irrational expectation!!! But surprisingly Jonathan has recorded other successes. Education-new national secondary curriculum; highest budgetary allocation for education in 2011 budget proposals; a policy of establishing centres for entrepreneurial development in all federal universities; “Almajiri” education policy; and establishment of nine new federal universities; transportation-revival of rail systems; upgrading the Enugu airport to international status; achieving total radar coverage and US Category 3 status permitting resumption of direct flights; new terminal building at Aminu Kano Airport Kano; labour-new minimum wage and constitutional amendment on National Industrial Court.

Hmmm,  see grammar. You call all these announcements successes? Ideas that are yet to bear fruit. Establishment of 9 new universities when the existing ones are poorly maintained and funded? When 80% of the nations graduates are jobless or being forced to hold menial jobs not befitting their education. Revival of rails? Apart form Lagos please tell me where else you have seen a train. These are projectS that are still in their conceptional stages and you have the temerity to describe them as successes?

Gas and Energy-”gas revolution” policy framework for leveraging gas for industrialisation; $3bn Oando/AGIP gas processing plant; petrochemical plant and several fertiliser plants in conjunction with foreign investors; refineries reportedly working at capacity and absence of fuel queues; roads-multiple ongoing road projects, including East-West and Coastal Road;  citizens engagement on Facebook and proactive actions to rescue Nigerians in Egypt and Libya; revival of textile sector through government support; several industrial intervention funds for aviation, SMEs, entertainment, manufacturing, power etc; foreign policy-sensible diplomatic posture leading to strong roles in ECOWAS, UN and bilateral relations. Despite permutations, he united the PDP behind him trouncing the formidable Atiku Abubakar during the party’s primaries. In spite of severe provocations, he successfully navigated minefields during the Yar’adua vacuum and thereafter. He may yet deliver on important legislations-Sovereign Wealth Fund, Freedom of Information, and Petroleum Industry Bills and has already passed AMCON, minimum wage and money laundering/anti-terrorism bills.

If GEJ explained this Gas and energy thing as an achievement during his campaign, I bet the crowd would have fallen asleep in no time. Refineries are working at capacity and yet we still import our fuel? Citizens engagement on facebook? We all know its not GEJ that writes all those things on fb, how many times has he refuted statements made through that medium? He united the PDP behind him trouncing the formidable Atiku Abubakar during the party’s primaries? By bribing virtually all the candidates? By releasing an indicted murderer on the day of the primaries just to get his vote?

Jonathan can claim to be the candidate of national unity, a federation of co-equal nationalities and national integration, freedom and openness, power sector reform, education and critical infrastructure. His major weakness is his party, but in spite of that, I think he is the sensible choice in these elections! I score him 7 for personal qualities; 6 on vision and leadership; 7 for policy platform and manifesto; 6 on economic management; 4 on anti-corruption; 8 for international relations; 8 on national unity and stability; 8 on democracy and institution-building; 7 for human rights, press freedom and open society; 6 for administration and execution and 6 bonus marks for his running-mate totalling 73 out of a possible 110 marks.

All I can say is that I like your use of English. but it seems that is the only thing you derived from whatever extensive education you received. I'm still wondering whether this is a satirical piece or you are actually for real. If you believe that Jonathan has actually achieved all this, then I'm sorry to say, you should be transported to yaba left ASAP!
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by luluosas(m): 4:12pm On Apr 03, 2011
Jonathan's achievements: 1, appointed tony anenih into his campaign organisation, a renowned godfather and destabilisers of positive development. 2, he unbound what yar' adua bounded from entry nigeria. 3, he gave bode george one billion naira to win lagos state for him. 4, he bought all the pdp delegates to secure pdp ticket. 5, he granted dbanj interview but refused to attend nn24 debate. 6, sacks vincent ogbulafor to pave way for his desperate power seeking. And the list goes on and on. Buhari will win whether you like it or not.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by luluosas(m): 4:14pm On Apr 03, 2011
Jonathan's achievements: 1, appointed tony anenih into his campaign organisation, a renowned godfather and destabilisers of positive development. 2, he unbound what yar' adua bounded from entry nigeria. 3, he gave bode george one billion naira to win lagos state for him. 4, he bought all the pdp delegates to secure pdp ticket. 5, he granted dbanj interview but refused to attend nn24 debate. 6, sacks vincent ogbulafor to pave way for his desperate power seeking. And the list goes on and on. Buhari will win whether you like it or not.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Adeoladada: 4:55pm On Apr 03, 2011
[b]Jonathan's achievements: 1, appointed tony anenih into his campaign organisation, a renowned godfather and destabilisers of positive development. 2, he unbound what yar' adua bounded from entry nigeria. 3, he gave bode george one billion naira to win lagos state for him. 4, he bought all the pdp delegates to secure pdp ticket. 5, he granted dbanj interview but refused to attend nn24 debate. 6, sacks vincent ogbulafor to pave way for his desperate power seeking. And the list goes on and on. Buhari will win whether you like it or not.

LET US WAIT AND SEE. BUHARI CAN NEVER NEVER NEVER RULE US AGAIN.IT WILL NOT HAPPEN,NOT IN THIS COUNTRY.MAY BE IN SAUDI ARABIA
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Gbenge77(m): 5:16pm On Apr 03, 2011
He scores a hundred percent on the CONSOLIDATION OF CORRUPTION.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Adeoladada: 5:19pm On Apr 03, 2011
I keep on hearing about this increase of 4000MW, Please which day are we going to see the evidence? You say he has unveiled a roadmap and executed it. If this has happened why is there no noticeable improvement in our power sector? Instead all I have noticed is a degeneration of our power supply. I live in the FCT. The nations capital and till today I see light at most, 3hrs a week

MAY BE U ARE LIVING IN NASSARAWA STATE,OR U DONT MEAN TO MENTION ABUJA OR U HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE TRANSFORMER IN YOUR AREA. Although it has nt increase drastically but it is getting better,let us stop all this false posting at least for once. REM.THIS IS A WEBSITE NT YOUR ROOM DISCUSSION
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Demdem(m): 5:23pm On Apr 03, 2011
Adeoladada:

I keep on hearing about this increase of 4000MW, Please which day are we going to see the evidence? You say he has unveiled a roadmap and executed it. If this has happened why is there no noticeable improvement in our power sector? Instead all I have noticed is a degeneration of our power supply. I live in the FCT. The nations capital and till today I see light at most, 3hrs a week

MAY BE U ARE LIVING IN NASSARAWA STATE,OR U DONT MEAN TO MENTION ABUJA OR U HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE TRANSFORMER IN YOUR AREA. Although it has nt increase drastically but it is getting better,let us stop all this false posting at least for once. REM.THIS IS A WEBSITE NT YOUR ROOM DISCUSSION

well, to me also, it isnt getting better. i am located in PH and getting worse by the day at least where i am. one GEJ suporter claimed in another thread that the so called increased MW is directed to the industries and this i disprove vehemently
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by dplordx(m): 5:52pm On Apr 03, 2011
@kobo

Nor mind them jare grin

@papabrowne

sometimes, i dont even know where you belong.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Chuks84(m): 6:21pm On Apr 03, 2011
Adeoladada:

You are such a dunce, you can also apply your theory to yourself. Just because there has been an improvement where you stay doesn't mean it has improved everywhere. I work in the Abuja central area, and I live in the surbubs. I also have a house in lagos which I visit every month. I can tell you I haven't noticed any improvement.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by 9ijaMan: 6:41pm On Apr 03, 2011
Sure. . there are lots of and lots of aspects of Nigerian lives that GEJ has not touched. Some of "what GEJ hasn't done in 10 months (actually 19 months)" of leading Nigeria are:
[list]
[li]GEJ has not stopped making embarrassing gaffes, defacing the nation as a whole[/li]
[li]GEJ has not stopped making promises without anything to show for it[/li]
[li]GEJ has not stopped the tide of corruption eating at the fabric of our national development[/li]
[li]GEJ has not stopped the politics of division and bigotry[/li]
[li]GEJ has not stopped to move with those who brought Nigeria on her knees[/li]
[li]GEJ in his 12 years in governance has not been able to deliver any meaningful infrastructure to the nation[/li]
[/list]

The list of what GEJ hasn't done is endless and I know Nigerians are fully aware. Hence the reason why the Otuoke cowboy will be sent back to the creeks come May 29th 2011.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by roxell120(m): 6:46pm On Apr 03, 2011
if many people can comment dis way against jonathan that has been there for just one year,then you should call for the heads of our past leaders that spent over 8 yrs in power without anything to show for it.plz we all should support our only president that rose to such position without struggle or conspiracy.he is a miraculous gift to the nation.a bird at hand is better than a million in the bush.i vote personality not party.i hate pdp but i love jonathan with passion.i encourage all to do same.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by 9ijaMan: 6:52pm On Apr 03, 2011
roxell120:

if many people can comment dis way against jonathan that has been there for just one year,then you should call for the heads of our past leaders that spent over 8 yrs in power without anything to show for it.plz we all should support our only president that rose to such position without struggle or conspiracy.he is a miraculous gift to the nation.a bird at hand is better than a million in the bush.i vote personality not party.i hate pdp but i love jonathan with passion.i encourage all to do same.
Why do people like you make lame excuses for mediocrity? Where has GEJ been since 1999? What positions did he hold in the last 12 years? What were GEJ's achievements in all those years? If you can sincerely answer these simple questions, perhaps you'll understand that Nigerians are not only venting against GEJ alone but also against the 12 years of PDP misrule which Uncle Jona was an active participant.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by roxell120(m): 6:53pm On Apr 03, 2011
there is improvement in my area here in lagos but our transformer does not help matters.even phcn officials attitude is worsening the whole situation.poor service that nigeria is known for characterize their activities.are they going to flow with gej's dreams and vision.jonathan cant do it alone.its a collective effort
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by roxell120(m): 7:06pm On Apr 03, 2011
can anyone remember when last he/she spent hours in qeues in any filling station nationwide. does nobody here notice that our refinaries accross the country are up and running.plz let gej be.i always shed tears whenever i remember his speech during his declaration of intention to run for 2011 presidential election.in him i saw a man who in all intents and purposes craves to deliver his country but surrounded by usurpers and detractors that cant let his efforts translate to actions and eventual practicalization. MAY GOD HELP GEJ
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Kobojunkie: 7:12pm On Apr 03, 2011
roxell120:

can anyone remember when last he/she spent hours in qeues in any filling station nationwide. does nobody here notice that our refinaries accross the country are up and running.plz let gej be.i always shed tears whenever i remember his speech during his declaration of intention to run for 2011 presidential election.in him i saw a man who in all intents and purposes craves to deliver his country but surrounded by usurpers and detractors that cant let his efforts translate to actions and eventual practicalization. MAY GOD HELP GEJ

Try to put two and two together yourself ooo

a. MEND has not been bombarding the pipelines for years now and so it makes sense to note that would lead to increased production, hence increased supply of product to Nigeria and therefore no more queues at the filling Station

b) Our refineries where at no time before now STOPPED . . . they have been working and upgrades applied from time to time as needed (it is USUAL). And they are all operating at about 30% capacity as of latest report. I don't know where you get that our refineries are suddenly working now when they never really stopped to begin with

c) You also saw a man with a 12 year long record that establishes that he is not leadership material ; He is a promise maker - not necessarily a promise keeper, and that the man has made millions of dollars in all that time but cannot show millions of dollars of achievements to follow how much he has earned.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by roxell120(m): 7:23pm On Apr 03, 2011
plz does anyone observe how lenient our laws are to offenders.is it helping to curb corruption or encourage it.how can someone steal billions and is handed down 6 months inprisonment? can dis prevent people from engaging in similar crimes? no.and again has anyone observed how corrupt our law enforcement agents are while on duty? by this i mean the police which we come in contact with on daily basis.they arrest u for an offence the next munite there is unofficial negociation ie bribe to let go.and the breakdown of law and order continues.we have a veeeeery big problem here because it happens in every ministry and parastatals all over nigeria.to me nigeria should be on top of corruption list of countries despite all the noise about fight against it.we should look into severe punishment or penalties for law breakers notwithstanding who is affected.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Demdem(m): 7:29pm On Apr 03, 2011
roxell120:

can anyone remember when last he/she spent hours in qeues in any filling station nationwide. does nobody here notice that our refinaries accross the country are up and running.plz let gej be.[b]i always shed tears whenever i remember his speech during his declaration of intention to run for 2011 presidential election.[/b]in him i saw a man who in all intents and purposes craves to deliver his country but surrounded by usurpers and detractors that cant let his efforts translate to actions and eventual practicalization. MAY GOD HELP GEJ

and that is what that useless party wants to sell to us. so many people also started from an humble biginning and not only GEJ. GEJ seems to be a good person but him being in the midst of crooks, thieves, vipers and their kinds, their is no way he can succed on that seat no matter his good intentions. However, we av a better alternative so why dont we utilize it. Only a good bird at hand is better than a million in the bush my bro.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by roxell120(m): 7:32pm On Apr 03, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Try to put two and two together yourself ooo

a. MEND has not been bombarding the pipelines for years now and so it makes sense to note that would lead to increased production, hence increased supply of product to Nigeria and therefore no more queues at the filling Station

b) Our refineries where at no time before now STOPPED . . . they have been working and upgrades applied from time to time as needed (it is USUAL). And they are all operating at about 30% capacity as of latest report. I don't know where you get that our refineries are suddenly working now when they never really stopped to begin with

c) You also saw a man with a 12 year long record that establishes that he is not leadership material ; He is a promise maker - not necessarily a promise keeper, and that the man has made millions of dollars in all that time but cannot show millions of dollars of achievements to follow how much he has earned.

I JUST WANT TO BELIEVE U RE A NIGERIAN. THE PROLONGED MORIBUND OF THESE REFINARIES LED TO AN INTENSIFIED EFFORT TO IMPORTATION OF REFINED PRODUCTS AND SUSEQUENT SUBSIDIES THAT ARE SO MUCH TALKED ABOUT BEFORE THE LATEST IMPROVEMENT.GEJ EQUALLY CONSOLIDATED ON THE AMNESTY PROGRAME OF LATE YAR DUA WHICH MADE ALL THESE POSSIBLE.GET ACQUINTED WITH THE STEPS THE CURRENT MINISTER OF PETROLEUM IS TAKING TO REPOSITION THE INDUSTRY.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by roxell120(m): 7:42pm On Apr 03, 2011
Demdem:

and that is what that useless party wants to sell to us. so many people also started from an humble biginning and not only GEJ. GEJ seems to be a good person but him being in the midst of crooks, thieves, vipers and their kinds, their is no way he can succed on that seat no matter his good intentions. However, we av a better alternative so why dont we utilize it. Only a good bird at hand is better than a million in the bush my bro.

AND WHO IS THIS CANDIDATE U ARE PROMOTING? BUHARI? LETS TALK ABOUT HIM.WHO IS THIS MAN? A MILITARY DICTATOR WHO TOPPLED A DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED GOVERNMENT IN HIS QUEST FOR POWER? TO ME HE IS NOT A TRUE BELIEVER OR PROPONENT OF DEMOCRACY AND THATS SUMS IT UP.IF HE IS WISE ENOUGH HE SHOULD KNOW WHEN TO CALL IT QUITS LIKE THE WELL RESPECTED EKWUEME. ANYWAY HE IS TAKING HIS LAST DANCE SHAMELESSLY.REMEMBER HE HAS BEEN THERE SINCE 1999 AND HE CANT READ THE WRITING ON THE WALL.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Kobojunkie: 7:49pm On Apr 03, 2011
roxell120:

I JUST WANT TO BELIEVE U RE A NIGERIAN. THE PROLONGED MORIBUND OF THESE REFINARIES LED TO AN INTENSIFIED EFFORT TO IMPORTATION OF REFINED PRODUCTS AND SUSEQUENT SUBSIDIES THAT ARE SO MUCH TALKED ABOUT BEFORE THE LATEST IMPROVEMENT.GEJ EQUALLY CONSOLIDATED ON THE AMNESTY PROGRAME OF LATE YAR DUA WHICH MADE ALL THESE POSSIBLE.GET ACQUINTED WITH THE STEPS THE CURRENT MINISTER OF PETROLEUM IS TAKING TO REPOSITION THE INDUSTRY.

When did the refineries stop working? I have been asking this question for days. . . and no one has been able to answer me this but I keep finding people making claims of our refineries being shut down.  See me see wahala!! 

We are still importing much of what we consume and we did not necessarily build more capacity in the last 10 months. All Jonathan has done since he came in is sign the deal for a new refinery, a deal worked on by the Yar adua Government before him. We have not built anything new in the last 10 months, yet we are all too willing to give kudos to this man for doing nothing? COME ON!!

Please Stop making things up for pete's sake!!! Jonathan never consolidated anything -- all he had to do back in october was pay up on the agreement that yar adua made to MEND the year before. It made nothing possible. Oil production went up back in 2009 when Yar adua and MEND got into their amnesty program that is why in early 2010, when yar adua was still in coma and you noticed that there were no queues at all at the gas stations, and this trend continued to today. Try to put 2 and 2 together please!!

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/76-hot-topic/18564-nigerias-four-refineries-made-n25bn-loss-in-2009
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Demdem(m): 7:57pm On Apr 03, 2011
roxell120:

AND WHO IS THIS CANDIDATE U ARE PROMOTING? BUHARI? LETS TALK ABOUT HIM.WHO IS THIS MAN? [b]A MILITARY DICTATOR WHO TOPPLED A DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED GOVERNMENT IN HIS QUEST FOR POWER? TO ME HE IS NOT A TRUE BELIEVER OR PROPONENT OF DEMOCRACY AND THATS SUMS IT UP.[/b]IF HE IS WISE ENOUGH HE SHOULD KNOW WHEN TO CALL IT QUITS LIKE THE WELL RESPECTED EKWUEME. ANYWAY HE IS TAKING HIS LAST DANCE SHAMELESSLY.REMEMBER HE HAS BEEN THERE SINCE 1999 AND HE CANT READ THE WRITING ON THE WALL.

O yes. A former military leader that toppled a democratically elected goverment that the whole populace agreed was rigged in and swimming in corruption. His goverment was welkom unfortunately by a vast number of the populace then. His actions over the recent years has shown that he is a true beliver of democracy no doubt and to me he is a better alternative instead of GEJ.
Ur opinion is noted as per calling him to call it quit but thank God you are not the constitution and we all knows what the constitution says about that. he will surely quit no doubt one day like all. He has a better chance this time around.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by roxell120(m): 8:05pm On Apr 03, 2011
Demdem:

O yes. A former military leader that toppled a democratically elected goverment that the whole populace agreed was rigged in and swimming in corruption. His goverment was welkom unfortunately by a vast number of the populace then. His actions over the recent years has shown that he is a true beliver of democracy no doubt and to me he is a better alternative instead of GEJ.
your opinion is noted as per calling him to call it quit but thank God you are not the constitution and we all knows what the constitution says about that. he will surely quit no doubt one day like all. He has a better chance this time around.

poor him but he has not got enough in his arsenal to break gej's record.time will tell.
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by roxell120(m): 8:08pm On Apr 03, 2011
Kobojunkie:

When did the refineries stop working? I have been asking this question for days. . . and no one has been able to answer me this but I keep finding people making claims of our refineries being shut down.  See me see wahala!!

We are still importing much of what we consume. All Jonathan has done since he came in is sign the deal for a new refinery, a deal worked on by the Yar adua Government before him. We have not built anything new in the last 10 months, yet we are all too willing to give kudos to this man for doing nothing? COME ON!!

Please Stop making things up for pete's sake!!! Jonathan never consolidated anything -- all he had to do back in october was pay up on the agreement that yar adua made to MEND the year before. It made nothing possible. Oil production went up back in 2009 when Yar adua and MEND got into their amnesty program that is why in early 2010, when yar adua was still in coma and you noticed that there were no queues at all at the gas stations, and this trend continued to today. Try to put 2 and 2 together please!!

carry out your research properly, filling stations were crowded in december 2009
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by Kobojunkie: 8:13pm On Apr 03, 2011
roxell120:

carry out your research properly, filling stations were crowded in december 2009
Open your eyes . . . RE-READ the post before you PRETEND to slam it!
Re: What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. by roxell120(m): 8:27pm On Apr 03, 2011
no matter what anyone says, gej is the most popular choice notwithstanding his party affiliation. HE HAS GOT SO MANY FOLLOWERS LIKE ME.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2023: Demand Written Agreement From APC, Buhari, Shehu Sani Tells Igbo, Yoruba / Pensioners In Delta State Protest 30-Month Arrears, Block Government House / Muyiwa Adekeye Reacts To Rumours That El-Rufai Will Defect To SDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.