Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,770 members, 7,831,476 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Don’t Sell Your SIM Cards Linked To NINs - FG Tell Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Sell Your SIM Cards Linked To NINs - FG Tell Nigerians (20230 Views)

FG Tell Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In 2 Days Or Lose Job / Block All Sims Without Nins, FG Orders Telcos / Tell Nigerians What FG Used Borrowed N3tr For, Atiku Asks Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Sell Your SIM Cards Linked To NINs - FG Tell Nigerians by powerfulguy: 3:29pm On Jan 19, 2021
.....as 47 million Nigerians obtained NINs

The Federal Government has warned Nigerians against selling their SIM cards that are already linked with the National Identity Numbers (NIN), asserting that crimes committed with any SIM card would be traced for appropriate action.

Sounding the warning, the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr Isa Ibrahim Pantami said this has become necessary as 47.8 million Nigerians have linked their SIM cards with their NINs.

Dr Pantami after a review of the on-going NIN registration exercise with the Ministerial Task Force commended Nigerians for massively turning out for the exercise.

The Minister in a statement signed by the Director of Public Affairs of the Nigerian Communications Commission, Dr Ikechukwu Adinde, urged Nigerians to be mindful of the need to protect and secure their NINs and SIMs.

The Technical Implementation Committee under the Ministerial Task Force has reported significant progress in the ongoing NIN-SIM linkage exercise, the statement noted.

“So far a total of 47.8 million NINs have been collected by the mobile operators. At an average of 3 to 4 SIMs per subscriber, this means many millions will be linked up before the deadline in February 2021,” it added.

The report of the committee noted that the Minister expressed satisfaction with the achievement.

Adinde said the Federal Government expressed appreciation for the commitment demonstrated by all stakeholders and citizens and urged them to submit their NINs before 9th February, 2021 deadline.

The Minister urged the technical team to fast-track the processes so that the project is delivered soonest.

Adinde said: “The Technical Committee drew attention to the App developed by FGN which allows subscribers to link up to a maximum of seven (7) SIMs to their NIN.

“The Minister concluded by reminding Nigerians to secure and protect their NINs, urging subscribers to desist from selling their NINs or allowing others to use their NINs for registration.

“For any action committed with the SIM good or bad it will be officially traced and attached to the NIN owner,” the Minister warned.
https://thenationonlineng.net/fg-to-nigerians-dont-sell-your-sim-cards-linked-to-nins/
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Don’t Sell Your SIM Cards Linked To NINs - FG Tell Nigerians by Kaduna1stson: 3:30pm On Jan 19, 2021
This is a new business format. Link 1000 lines and later sell for 10k each grin

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Sell Your SIM Cards Linked To NINs - FG Tell Nigerians by jlinkd78(m): 3:31pm On Jan 19, 2021
Noted
Re: Don’t Sell Your SIM Cards Linked To NINs - FG Tell Nigerians by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 19, 2021
Arrrrrrrh

I hope they don't sell it them self, especially those network providers.. How will I keep my sim I bought with money for months unused the next thing is they have sell it to one fellow??. embarassed

22 Likes

Re: Don’t Sell Your SIM Cards Linked To NINs - FG Tell Nigerians by DamnnNiggarr: 3:33pm On Jan 19, 2021
shocked

I've already sold two SIMs to those that have the NIN because, I can't try that shit of queueing in that long queue.
Tried it once, ain't gonna try it again.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Sell Your SIM Cards Linked To NINs - FG Tell Nigerians by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 19, 2021
If I see offer of 10million for my 0803 mtn, I go sell am and face the consequences..

Shebi na person wey dey Nigeria dey face consequences

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don’t Sell Your SIM Cards Linked To NINs - FG Tell Nigerians by phransix2: 3:33pm On Jan 19, 2021
Are they to tell me what to do with my sim?

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Sell Your SIM Cards Linked To NINs - FG Tell Nigerians by Thegracefulness: 3:33pm On Jan 19, 2021
These people never ready to tell us what they hope to gain with this initiative.

We’d keep mum and watch as things unfold.

18 Likes

Re: Don’t Sell Your SIM Cards Linked To NINs - FG Tell Nigerians by Majorone1: 3:34pm On Jan 19, 2021
See you
Re: Don’t Sell Your SIM Cards Linked To NINs - FG Tell Nigerians by sonsomegrigbo: 3:34pm On Jan 19, 2021
Olori burúkú Federal Government!

You impoverished the masses and still asking them to behave.

From GMB to Lying machine and even the states officials...

All of you and your children shall suffer the pains of every unjustified deaths on the masses by the grace of God. Amen

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Sell Your SIM Cards Linked To NINs - FG Tell Nigerians by Brendaniel: 3:34pm On Jan 19, 2021
wicked government, because of END SARS protest, you want to punish the people, with all this NIN wahala, if the government is unable to stop boko haram, kidnapping and banditry in the north then this government is an islamic jihadist government....

16 Likes

Re: Don’t Sell Your SIM Cards Linked To NINs - FG Tell Nigerians by Deentertainer(m): 3:34pm On Jan 19, 2021
Sell kwa
Re: Don’t Sell Your SIM Cards Linked To NINs - FG Tell Nigerians by Ask4bigneyo(m): 3:34pm On Jan 19, 2021
Wetin b FG own?
Re: Don’t Sell Your SIM Cards Linked To NINs - FG Tell Nigerians by Salmoneus(m): 3:34pm On Jan 19, 2021
cool
Re: Don’t Sell Your SIM Cards Linked To NINs - FG Tell Nigerians by Favemmzar200(m): 3:34pm On Jan 19, 2021
Shatap

We no get NIN nko

Re: Don’t Sell Your SIM Cards Linked To NINs - FG Tell Nigerians by Emaxwell(m): 3:34pm On Jan 19, 2021
The mod that ban me your left yansh

The reason is that when fraud is been committed you can be easily traced so If you sell your sim to Yahoo boys and there track the sim to you undecided

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Sell Your SIM Cards Linked To NINs - FG Tell Nigerians by tammie24: 3:34pm On Jan 19, 2021
Why would you want to sell your Sim card?
Re: Don’t Sell Your SIM Cards Linked To NINs - FG Tell Nigerians by Nairalandwizerd(m): 3:35pm On Jan 19, 2021
Who is this federal mad government?
Re: Don’t Sell Your SIM Cards Linked To NINs - FG Tell Nigerians by ChiefSosa(m): 3:35pm On Jan 19, 2021
GATHER HERE IF YOU KNOW YOU HAVE NOT EVEN DONE YOUR OWN.

31 Likes

Re: Don’t Sell Your SIM Cards Linked To NINs - FG Tell Nigerians by Lagosianswag: 3:35pm On Jan 19, 2021
I hope misplaced SIMs can be deregistered by the networks in order to avoid stories that touch sad

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Sell Your SIM Cards Linked To NINs - FG Tell Nigerians by Grace001: 3:35pm On Jan 19, 2021
What happened in the case where cell phone providers recycle telephone numbers that has been registered with NIN after the users didn’t use it for a period of time.

We know how network provider recycle numbers and give them to new customers without informing them of the number's history.

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Sell Your SIM Cards Linked To NINs - FG Tell Nigerians by Brandonx(m): 3:35pm On Jan 19, 2021
It's inevitable grin if they should go ahead with the threat of disconnecting sim not linked with NIN people would start cashing out by selling already linked sim cards.

6 Likes

Re: Don’t Sell Your SIM Cards Linked To NINs - FG Tell Nigerians by Traddetonaira: 3:35pm On Jan 19, 2021
Mounna shut up jare!!! WE ARE TIRED AND FRUSTRATED!!
Re: Don’t Sell Your SIM Cards Linked To NINs - FG Tell Nigerians by tammie24: 3:35pm On Jan 19, 2021
What kind of statement is this

Who would buy Sim card from another person

Tell it to the network providers to stop selling people's Sims
Re: Don’t Sell Your SIM Cards Linked To NINs - FG Tell Nigerians by 2shaw: 3:35pm On Jan 19, 2021
Why
Re: Don’t Sell Your SIM Cards Linked To NINs - FG Tell Nigerians by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 19, 2021
Do people even buy it

But if you do, contact me for either Glo or Airtel @#100k each angry

Na MTN be my hot line tongue

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Sell Your SIM Cards Linked To NINs - FG Tell Nigerians by Bantino(m): 3:37pm On Jan 19, 2021
Hmmmmmmm

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Sell Your SIM Cards Linked To NINs - FG Tell Nigerians by ilovetech: 3:37pm On Jan 19, 2021
what exactly do you people wan from us sef. Nigerian govt eehn, I bow for you pple. . Lol

ANYWAYS, IF YOU HAVE A BROWSING PHONE AND WILL LIKE TO EARN GOOD MONEY WITH IT FROM HOME, CLICK LINK IN MY SIGNATURE NOW AND I WILL SHOW YOU HOW
Re: Don’t Sell Your SIM Cards Linked To NINs - FG Tell Nigerians by nairaman66(m): 3:37pm On Jan 19, 2021
southniyikaye:
If I see offer of 10million for my 0803 mtn, I go sell am and face the consequences..

Shebi na person wey dey Nigeria dey face consequences

Japa things!! grin
Re: Don’t Sell Your SIM Cards Linked To NINs - FG Tell Nigerians by falcon01: 3:38pm On Jan 19, 2021
People sell their NIN to others
Re: Don’t Sell Your SIM Cards Linked To NINs - FG Tell Nigerians by Jerrysmallz: 3:39pm On Jan 19, 2021
The real is not about selling NIN linked sim cards the real issue is network providers should stop recycling numbers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

‘Japa’: If You Think Migrating Legally Is Good For You, Go - Femi Adesina / Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent / Dogara Bribed Appropriation Committee Members With $20,000 Each – jibrin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.