Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,282 members, 7,860,656 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:51 PM

Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing (46668 Views)

"I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House / President Buhari Frees 19 Inmates Including A 75 Year Old Man & His Son / PMB Meeting With Northern Governors, Service Chiefs, Osinbajo Denied Entry-Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Marine54(m): 8:09am On Jan 21, 2021
Godons1:
BIAFRANS don come with their USELESS LIES AND PROPAGANDA. It serves the FLAT HEADED GUY RIGHT. grin

God bless Nigeria.
Who even dash Aboki with 16th century mentality phone!

3 Likes

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by CSTRR: 8:14am On Jan 21, 2021
A ridiculous country.
Major on the minor, and minor on the major.

A country ran by people with the same mentality as the Seljuks war lords of the 11 century.

By this time next year, I go don Japa.

If you catch me discussing about NIgeria again, slap me.

3 Likes

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by solmusdesigns: 8:19am On Jan 21, 2021
All I know is you can't wear such to any United States Government establishment without being turned back at the gate

It's an office not a park,

5 Likes

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Sonnobax15(m): 8:32am On Jan 21, 2021
Godons1:
BIAFRANS don come with their USELESS LIES AND PROPAGANDA. It serves the FLAT HEADED GUY RIGHT. grin

God bless Nigeria.
Tackle the message and not the messenger mugu..

1 Like

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 21, 2021
wait why dem go wear shorts and armless.. Sey u come go play basketball for there
u are being lucky u have other clothes if not nah house una dey go so..
pls always think twice when doing something.. I didn't see any wrong in what the Foreign Affairs people did

2 Likes

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Sterope(f): 8:34am On Jan 21, 2021
He was probably denied because he and good sisters are fools.

1 Like

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Cmanforall: 8:35am On Jan 21, 2021
blackpanda:

Will u dress for a job interview with tshirt and shorts Will the sister go for visa interview with spaghetti top and jeans Pls not everything is political, dress how u want to be addressed. Wearing shorts and t-shirt is for leisure or when going for recreation, not when u are going to an official function or govt establishment. They obviously can't take u serious. Has nothing to do with religion!
YES, HE CAN!
The dressing can only affect your chances of being accepted, but not to be denied access for an interview.

1 Like

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by MrNipplesLover(m): 8:36am On Jan 21, 2021
I've seen this somewhere since yesterday.

Nigeria is a funny village, I swear. grin

1 Like

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by semyman: 8:36am On Jan 21, 2021
And if it is?
I pray it is so that there can be sanity in all spheres
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by AerialMapper: 8:36am On Jan 21, 2021
Guy,

Just conform. We know we are a bunch of hypocrites!!

You see those women in Abaya and Hijabs and all that...no be them holy pass but na them cover pass

You see those men in agbada and dashikis...no be them holy pass

I have seen people turned back from the passport office for wearing shorts/t-shirts but in saner climes you do not even have to go to a passport office to get a passport 10 times more powerful than our piece of shit document. I walked into a roadside photo booth, took pictures, walked to a post office, picked up a form, filled it in and sent. In less than 2 weeks, i had my passport at my doorstep.

Nigeria is designed to dehumanize you and make you feel you must suffer to get anything done

7 Likes

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Kobicove(m): 8:36am On Jan 21, 2021
He wore a T shirt and a pair of shorts...did he think he was going to the beach? undecided
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by owobokiri(m): 8:37am On Jan 21, 2021
blackpanda:

Will u dress for a job interview with tshirt and shorts Will the sister go for visa interview with spaghetti top and jeans Pls not everything is political, dress how u want to be addressed. Wearing shorts and t-shirt is for leisure or when going for recreation, not when u are going to an official function or govt establishment. They obviously can't take u serious. Has nothing to do with religion!
Are they going for interviews? I can dress like that to any ministry in China and be allowed to get inside, yet they are supposed to be the communist State! You guys that are desperate to force other people to tow your conservative ways need to be careful because the table can turn easily and you will be the ones complaining..

6 Likes

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by PHijo(m): 8:37am On Jan 21, 2021
mu2sa2:
What's proper dressing?A lady was stopped at the gate of covenant university and denied entry because she was wearing Muslim-like dress.

Covenant university is private, Foreign Affairs ministry is a public space in a supposedly secular country.

That's the difference between both.

3 Likes

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by MondayOsunbor(m): 8:38am On Jan 21, 2021
Dayoebe:
Give unto ceaser what belong to caesar

NIGERIA IS A SHARIA STATE ! QED
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by mozona(m): 8:40am On Jan 21, 2021
ok
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 21, 2021
solmusdesigns:
All I know is you can't wear such to any United States Government establishment without being turned back at the gate

When we were still living in Europe we dress like that in summer (me and wify usually renew our student residency around August) during our visits for renewal in the commune and we never as much as get a stare let alone not attended to.

3 Likes

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by NipseyHustle(m): 8:43am On Jan 21, 2021
Slackerpenguin2:
Ministry should have attended to them...because they were wrong not to have attended to them

After all, in other establishments, people are attended to irrespective of dress.

But having said that, the problem with labelling situations like this 'Sharia law' is basically overexaggeration. It also gives the idea that only those of the Muslim faith support modest dressing, and also gives the idea that dressing properly...ie wearing corporate or a proper skirt and blouse means you are observing Sharia law...or something.

The truth is, we Nigerians ought sometimes to dress modestly. Saying that does not mean I want you to bow to your new Saudi overlords or something.

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by sureboykris(m): 8:44am On Jan 21, 2021
My question is, if a while man or woman had dressed that way, would they have been turned back?
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Reference(m): 8:45am On Jan 21, 2021
Ghostrye:

Dressing corporately while going for a job interview is to impress the interviewers, while a govt establishment is supposed to be open for any freaking member of that govt. It is exactly like asking a customer to dress in a particular manner before walking into a mall. The govt officials are the workers and you are the customer, it is their job to serve you regardless of the cloth you wear. Let's call a spade a spade, what they did was bad.

Yes and no. Every establishment will have some sort of regulation, a bit lax on the business/services side/front desk/shop window side of things and a bit stricter behind all that.

Most important thing is that they are published and i meets with the sensibilities of the vaat majority of its customers.

If it sounds politically correct, then you are right. There is no straight answer. One man's liberties is another's captivity.
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Drizzy5001(m): 8:45am On Jan 21, 2021
Today is my birthday, make una help me thank God o.
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Lovelyn451(f): 8:45am On Jan 21, 2021
blackpanda:

u no well o..were they going for job interview?? so if God answer my prayer now and I go to the bank managers office to deposit my billions, I should wear tie, and shoe and talk in...see ur sense for ground
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by joseph1832(m): 8:47am On Jan 21, 2021
Well I'm curious who made that rule people can't enter the ministry if 'they're not properly dressed'.
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by SuperKlean(m): 8:47am On Jan 21, 2021
mu2sa2:
What's proper dressing?A lady was stopped at the gate of covenant university and denied entry because she was wearing Muslim-like dress.
it's part of security checks before explosion rocks everywhere..
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Niceman4u(m): 8:48am On Jan 21, 2021
Godons1:

God bless Nigeria.

Y do u always leave ur brain somewhere when commenting on the public forum?
Making imbecilic comments every now and then does make u appear to be accepted by the sane minds.
It is a new year. Drop this utter stupidity .
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by palsenator(m): 8:48am On Jan 21, 2021
blackpanda:
What do u now want us to do U are the one that dressed inappropriate knowing fully well u are going to a govt establishment, not the mall or shopping complex. Na u still carry yourself come social media to cry. Oga abeg park well undecided

You considered that dressing as inappropriate?? But if they were whites, it is not inappropriate and they will be allowed to enter. I pity your mentality.

Those guys didn't dress badly, that's what they call casual. It's not every meeting that is official.
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Verysmart101: 8:48am On Jan 21, 2021
blackpanda:

Thank God you said job interview but is this a job interview if i may ask?
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by oneTIMEman(m): 8:48am On Jan 21, 2021
Godons1:

God bless Nigeria.
you will for ever remain a fool
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by alasane: 8:49am On Jan 21, 2021
Moblux:

To have been denied entry is even mildly. Come and and see how a girl was flogged for passing through a central mosque years back because she was on scarf with Bible and not hijjab.

The problem with Nigeria is the Religion Joker Card!
Can you wear that shit to COVENANT UNIVERSITY...use your brain pls
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Omoslim26: 8:49am On Jan 21, 2021
Godons1:

God bless Nigeria.

na so you go dey your dying bed dey shout dey cry in bitterness dey wail biafra yeeee ipob aaaa igbo yiiii afonja oooo aboki yaaaa yoruba yooooo gworo iiiiii
on empty belle ooo
you dey really fulfill your destiny

chia poverty na bastard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Jide Sanwo-Olu At The Inauguration & Swearing-In Of Fayemi Kayode (Photos) / Patience Jonathan's 57th Birthday Party (Photos And Video) / Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.