Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,299 members, 7,860,730 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:06 PM

Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing (46670 Views)

"I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House / President Buhari Frees 19 Inmates Including A 75 Year Old Man & His Son / PMB Meeting With Northern Governors, Service Chiefs, Osinbajo Denied Entry-Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by blackpanda: 11:09am On Jan 21, 2021
edoairways:

This is the misconception most Nigerians have. This same attitude was what lead to SARS officers arresting many people based on looks. It is easy for you to say this because you don't wear the shoe

I don't support sars or police brutality, but If u dress like a thief or cultist, u will be detained by any law enforcement in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by blackpanda: 11:11am On Jan 21, 2021
Le2money:
Na this ur type of people wey still dey make the westerners dey see us as an uncivilized country....Was/Is there any rule(s) on how to get dressed in this country?....You have the right to do whatever pleases you with your body oga

Good. Do whatever pleases u in the comfort of ur home. But don't dare bring your pleasure to disturb the rest of us in the public. Nobody has unlimited rights. Yours ends where mine starts.
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by blackpanda: 11:13am On Jan 21, 2021
KnightsTemplar:

My friend shut up, did he tell you that he was going for an interview, and how is their dressing inappropriate. That is a federal institution, and not a sharia or religious institution, there should be some level of freedom, and their is no reason to turn them back at the gate, at the fucking gate of a federal building! . The highest is the person that the want to see will drive them away if he or she is not comfortable with their dressing. This clearly shows the unhealthy grip the Abokis have in this nation.

You too shut and go and dress well. Whether norther or southerners or from pluto, if u dress indecent u won't enter public buildings.

1 Like

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by blackpanda: 11:14am On Jan 21, 2021
Verysmart101:

Thank God you said job interview but is this a job interview if i may ask?

I believe u are smart enough to understand my message with askibg silly questions
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by blackpanda: 11:15am On Jan 21, 2021
palsenator:

You considered that dressing as inappropriate?? But if they were whites, it is not inappropriate and they will be allowed to enter. I pity your mentality.

Those guys didn't dress badly, that's what they call casual. It's not every meeting that is official.

Carry both u and your white casual and leave here. No decency no entry. If u like be yellow or purple na u sabi
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 21, 2021
blackpanda:

Will u dress for a job interview with tshirt and shorts Will the sister go for visa interview with spaghetti top and jeans Pls not everything is political, dress how u want to be addressed. Wearing shorts and t-shirt is for leisure or when going for recreation, not when u are going to an official function or govt establishment. They obviously can't take u serious. Has nothing to do with religion!

We are in Nigeria. EVERYTHING has to do with religion.
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by blackpanda: 11:16am On Jan 21, 2021
owobokiri:

Are they going for interviews? I can dress like that to any ministry in China and be allowed to get inside, yet they are supposed to be the communist State! You guys that are desperate to force other people to tow your conservative ways need to be careful because the table can turn easily and you will be the ones complaining..

Then go to China, we don't need u here. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Uwamgbede26: 11:16am On Jan 21, 2021
Ndi iberibe. Why not were pants because you are liberal. Ndi uchu. See as them dey
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by blackpanda: 11:17am On Jan 21, 2021
Cmanforall:

YES, HE CAN!
The dressing can only affect your chances of being accepted, but not to be denied access for an interview.

He has been denied. So cry me a river grin
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by davien(m): 11:27am On Jan 21, 2021
Nigeria and Nigerians in particular make rules without foresight or don't even know why they make rules. There is nothing wrong in casual wear for a civilian to enter a government building, government buildings are where civil servants work for civilians not the other way round, it's government workers on duty that are required to wear formal attire.

Tho this man is purposefully linking the incident to Islam to garner reactions.
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by AbdulSleeky: 11:30am On Jan 21, 2021
blackpanda:
What do u now want us to do U are the one that dressed inappropriate knowing fully well u are going to a govt establishment, not the mall or shopping complex. Na u still carry yourself come social media to cry. Oga abeg park well undecided

A public establishment has appropriate dressing?

See what lack of education causes!

1 Like

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 21, 2021
The way some Christians make outrageous accusation for Nigeria turning to Shari'a state is complete embarrassment and ridicule to their religion. They're giving the insinuation that truly Islam is a modest religion while theirs support all form of indecency.
However, in western countries you can't attend meetings without appropriate dressings. I remember when Zuckerberg was chased out of meeting for dressing with his usual T-shirt and Jeans untill he wore coat.
Only animals think they can dress the way they like!

2 Likes

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by AbdulSleeky: 11:37am On Jan 21, 2021
Coronabirus:
The way some Christians make outrageous accusation for Nigeria turning to Shari'a state is complete embarrassment and ridicule to their religion. They're giving the insinuation that truly Islam is a modest religion while theirs support all form of indecency.
However, in western countries you can't attend meetings without appropriate dressings. I remember when Zuckerberg was chased out of meeting for dressing with his usual T-shirt and Jeans untill he wore coat.

Why do you lie without sense?

Many CEOs do not even wear suits abroad. They wear casual clothing.

Zuckerberg only wears suits when he is defending himself to a panel of govt officials.

I have worn T-shirt to European embassies abroad.

Sharrap with your nonsense

1 Like

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by alasane: 11:38am On Jan 21, 2021
Lovelyn451:
you're the lunatic!!
Sick person on the prowl
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by davien(m): 11:40am On Jan 21, 2021
Coronabirus:
Source?
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Agugbadin: 11:41am On Jan 21, 2021
So sad, PMB will not be forgotten so quickly like Trump.
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by LLMG: 11:47am On Jan 21, 2021
Nigeria is not and will not be a sharia State
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by amshigida: 11:48am On Jan 21, 2021
They could've protest or remain at the gate until Nnamdi kanu came to their rescue now
Ghostrye:

Dressing corporately while going for a job interview is to impress the interviewers, while a govt establishment is supposed to be open for any freaking member of that govt. It is exactly like asking a customer to dress in a particular manner before walking into a mall. The govt officials are the workers and you are the customer, it is their job to serve you regardless of the cloth you wear. Let's call a spade a spade, what they did was bad.
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by thatigboman: 11:50am On Jan 21, 2021
Skynet45:
People wore sleeveless dress to biden inauguration I don't know what's foreign ministry I can't wear sleeveless to
continue lying. inauguration we watched yesterday abi another one? with the winter cold, will anybody be mad enough to wear spagetti dress there?

1 Like

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by untildendoftime: 11:52am On Jan 21, 2021
blackpanda:

Will u dress for a job interview with tshirt and shorts Will the sister go for visa interview with spaghetti top and jeans Pls not everything is political, dress how u want to be addressed. Wearing shorts and t-shirt is for leisure or when going for recreation, not when u are going to an official function or govt establishment. They obviously can't take u serious. Has nothing to do with religion!
but oyibo man go wear short with t-shirt on top sandal and would be allowed in and properly attended to.... ofcourse d guy and his sis aren't there for visa or job interview. not supporting casua dressing in office environment but what is good for d goose is also good for d gander....
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Ezidimma(m): 11:52am On Jan 21, 2021
There are dress codes for every occasion, The Federal Government establishment is right to deny you entry, your dressing is good for a beach trip so learn from your mistake & remove the Sharia whatever from your mind

1 Like

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by amshigida: 11:56am On Jan 21, 2021
See me see wahala and the funny part of it is, the Officer is also a Christian but because of pure hatred that is in the blood of some Nigerians about Islam some people dragging the name of religion to their mess and lack of parental discipline
AbdulSleeky:

A public establishment has appropriate dressing?

See what lack of education causes!
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by thatigboman: 11:58am On Jan 21, 2021
Le2money:
Na this ur type of people wey still dey make the westerners dey see us as an uncivilized country....Was/Is there any rule(s) on how to get dressed in this country?....You have the right to do whatever pleases you with your body oga

there are rules. plenty rules. even nightclub that you go to drink and dance at night, have dress code.
when u go to federal or state establishments, u dress corporately and cover yourself. nobody say u should wear designer or the most expensive cloth, but you must dress appropriately and not dress like someone going to the farm.
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by edoairways: 11:59am On Jan 21, 2021
blackpanda:

I don't support sars or police brutality, but If u dress like a thief or cultist, u will be detained by any law enforcement in the world.
You don't support them yet you do judge looks? You think criminals wear rags this days.
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by thatigboman: 12:00pm On Jan 21, 2021
edoairways:

If a white man dress the way that dude did, would he be turned down?
yes. so far it is that ministry of foreign affairs, abuja that i know, yes.
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by edoairways: 12:04pm On Jan 21, 2021
alasane:

"suit & tie to work" …take the one that is compatible with your culture and DO NOT take every thing HOOK, LINE & SINKER bro...more so you failed to address to the scenario i gave you earlier about discipline a child....wise up
You failed to address the issue raised because you talked about culture. Dressing is part of culture and is it the bone of contention here. The use of suit and tie is not our culture but westerners. The westerners allow jeans and shirt in most cases so why would ours be different?. It would have been best we stick to our native attire rather the English wear. Jeans, shirts, suit etc are allowed overseas
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by edoairways: 12:05pm On Jan 21, 2021
thatigboman:
yes. so far it is that ministry of foreign affairs, abuja that i know, yes.
Then it is high level of hypocrisy and colonialism
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by blackpanda: 12:06pm On Jan 21, 2021
untildendoftime:
but oyibo man go wear short with t-shirt on top sandal and would be allowed in and properly attended to.... ofcourse d guy and his sis aren't there for visa or job interview. not supporting casua dressing in office environment but what is good for d goose is also good for d gander....

Where did u see that happen?
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by privaldo: 12:06pm On Jan 21, 2021
Sirjamo:
Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, cloth yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. - Colossians CH 3 V 12

If they really practice what their Bible preaches, they would know that the Bible is even stricter than Sharia.

Wayward people always trying to justify their waywardness by attacking Shari'a.

I AM DONE TALKING

What if he isn't a Christian. Must every Nigerian be a Christian or a Muslim?
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by blackboy(m): 12:19pm On Jan 21, 2021
I have seen such for real. But I think it is the security men who are over zealous.

If you can drive in I'm sure they wont scrutinise what dress is being worn.
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by palsenator(m): 12:22pm On Jan 21, 2021
blackpanda:

Carry both u and your white casual and leave here. No decency no entry. If u like be yellow or purple na u sabi

You deliberately left the obvious truth out and chose to attack. All is well
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Ghostrye: 12:23pm On Jan 21, 2021
amshigida:
They could've protest or remain at the gate until Nnamdi kanu came to their rescue now
What I'm confused about is how Nnamdi Kanu is involved in this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan's 57th Birthday Party (Photos And Video) / Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback / Lauretta Onochie Reacts To Dino Melaye's "No ABU Zaria Certificate" Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.