Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,181 members, 7,860,241 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:15 AM

Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing (46663 Views)

"I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House / President Buhari Frees 19 Inmates Including A 75 Year Old Man & His Son / PMB Meeting With Northern Governors, Service Chiefs, Osinbajo Denied Entry-Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by gaddafe(m): 8:50am On Jan 21, 2021
aroundtheearth:
It's ridiculous that they didn't attend to them. Since when are T-shirt and shorts, tank tops and trousers, inappropriate dressing?

Nigeria in 2021. Pathetic.

Don't allow any idiot online deceive you. The dressing is inappropriate for a formal organization. There is no way he can enter organisations like house of assembly, Aso rock, embassies or job interview dressed in that manner. I had been sent back for not putting on tie when I entered Edo state house of Assembly. Oga when you start job hunting you will understand some of these things better.

5 Likes

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by 7abibi(m): 8:50am On Jan 21, 2021
Ministry of foreign affairs is our window to the world. Dressing appropriately won't cause fortune.

3 Likes

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 21, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

Stop this slavery talk pls!
The only reason they were turned back is because they are not related to the elites or whites,

And the very sad thing is that you clowns all know it, but you are accomplices in your own enslavement

I once worked in a bank HQ where they wouldn't let you beyond the reception if you as much as wear slippers.

2 Likes

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by tony5(m): 8:51am On Jan 21, 2021
Sirjamo:
Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, cloth yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. - Colossians CH 3 V 12

If they really practice what their Bible preaches, they would know that the Bible is even stricter than Sharia.

Wayward people always trying to justify their waywardness by attacking Shari'a.

I AM DONE TALKING
Peele oooo, assistant allah...dressing and waywardness ,those words are misfitting..stop teaching heresy bro..its not a religion institution , it's a government ministry ,a secular place
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by alasane: 8:51am On Jan 21, 2021
Lovelyn451:
u no well o..were they going for job interview?? so if God answer my prayer now and I go to the bank managers office to deposit my billions, I should wear tie, and shoe and talk in...see ur sense for ground
Continue dressing like lunatic

1 Like

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by SuperKlean(m): 8:51am On Jan 21, 2021
Lubumbashi:
So because Nigeria is not a shariah country, you can dress naked or irresponsibly? Even your pastor will turn you and your sister back if she wears revealing clothes to church. Will you then accuse the church of practicing sharia?
was she irresponsibly dressed?

1 Like

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 21, 2021
People wore sleeveless dress to biden inauguration I don't know what's foreign ministry I can't wear sleeveless to

1 Like

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by alasane: 8:52am On Jan 21, 2021
gaddafe:

Don't allow any idiot online deceive you. The dressing is inappropriate for a formal organization. There is no way he can enter organisations like house of assembly, also rock, embassies or job interview dressed in that manner. I had been sent back for not putting on tie when I entered Edo state house of Assembly. Oga when you start job hunting you will understand some of these things better.

God bless you bro
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by alasane: 8:52am On Jan 21, 2021
7abibi:
Ministry of foreign affairs is our window to the world. Dressing appropriately won't cause fortune.

pls tell them
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by iokpebholo: 8:52am On Jan 21, 2021
Serves u right.......dress like a rascal and b treated like a rascal.....mumu soro soke generation
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Lovelyn451(f): 8:54am On Jan 21, 2021
alasane:
Continue dressing like lunatic
you're the lunatic!!
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by staga: 8:55am On Jan 21, 2021
Armless tops and shorts for females are not permitted in any ministry or even the National Assembly. It is a long-standing tradition that has nothing to do with religion.

1 Like

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 21, 2021
Godons1:
BIAFRANS don come with their USELESS LIES AND PROPAGANDA. It serves the FLAT HEADED GUY RIGHT. grin

God bless Nigeria.
.....it is officially official.......your stupidity is beyond redemption..... your case is hopeless,sorry.
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Grace001: 8:57am On Jan 21, 2021
Mmm
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Awoo88: 9:01am On Jan 21, 2021
mu2sa2:
What's proper dressing?A lady was stopped at the gate of covenant university and denied entry because she was wearing Muslim-like dress.
That was a private establishment. Stop being smart by half. Nobody has any right to tell anybody how to dress in a public space as long as there is no indecent exposure
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by KnightsTemplar(m): 9:05am On Jan 21, 2021
blackpanda:

Will u dress for a job interview with tshirt and shorts Will the sister go for visa interview with spaghetti top and jeans Pls not everything is political, dress how u want to be addressed. Wearing shorts and t-shirt is for leisure or when going for recreation, not when u are going to an official function or govt establishment. They obviously can't take u serious. Has nothing to do with religion!

My friend shut up, did he tell you that he was going for an interview, and how is their dressing inappropriate. That is a federal institution, and not a sharia or religious institution, there should be some level of freedom, and their is no reason to turn them back at the gate, at the fucking gate of a federal building! . The highest is the person that the want to see will drive them away if he or she is not comfortable with their dressing. This clearly shows the unhealthy grip the Abokis have in this nation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Omoslim26: 9:06am On Jan 21, 2021
Even though i disguss this tgeir pretentious and hypothetically enforced sharia law but we all cannot play dumb to the rise in indecent dressing plunging our society dis days

people just choose to be immoral flaunting every ounce of morality
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by castrokins(m): 9:06am On Jan 21, 2021
You Said Covenant University, A Private Business. We Are Talking About A Public And Federal Ministry

mu2sa2:
What's proper dressing?A lady was stopped at the gate of covenant university and denied entry because she was wearing Muslim-like dress.

1 Like

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Deserea: 9:06am On Jan 21, 2021
mu2sa2:
Covenant university is private and a religion institution.

1 Like

Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by juman(m): 9:07am On Jan 21, 2021
Dress accordingly when you go to office to do things there.
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Pyhonist: 9:07am On Jan 21, 2021
cheesy cheesy
Godons1:

The thing pain this man well well. grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin seriously this guy na idiot. What do you mean by ' flat headed'
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by juman(m): 9:10am On Jan 21, 2021
I remember one day I was denied entering one building because I wore palm sandals during summer. Because it against their dressing code.
That place they do large scale betting or what the name they call it.

I just wanted to see what they do inside and how they do it. Nah europe o.
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Le2money(m): 9:18am On Jan 21, 2021
Na this ur type of people wey still dey make the westerners dey see us as an uncivilized country....Was/Is there any rule(s) on how to get dressed in this country?....You have the right to do whatever pleases you with your body oga

blackpanda:
What do u now want us to do U are the one that dressed inappropriate knowing fully well u are going to a govt establishment, not the mall or shopping complex. Na u still carry yourself come social media to cry. Oga abeg park well undecided
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by uvie66: 9:18am On Jan 21, 2021
Slackerpenguin2:
Ministry should have attended to them...because they were wrong not to have attended to them

After all, in other establishments, people are attended to irrespective of dress.

But having said that, the problem with labelling situations like this 'Sharia law' is basically overexaggeration. It also gives the idea that only those of the Muslim faith support modest dressing, and also gives the idea that dressing properly...ie wearing corporate or a proper skirt and blouse means you are observing Sharia law...or something.

The truth is, we Nigerians ought sometimes to dress modestly. Saying that does not mean I want you to bow to your new Saudi overlords or something.
with all the modesty dressing here and India rape and child molestation is still rampant, compare this to Japan or other western countries where they even have nudist beaches.
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Difrent: 9:19am On Jan 21, 2021
BafanaBafana:
If you want to argue, the Mallam will bring out a Bible and ask you to show him where it is written that you should dress like this.
That said, people should stop ascribing exposure of the body to Christianity and covering of the body to Islam or Sharia.
Furthermore, Nigeria is not run with a religious constitution. People should be allowed to dress as they like so long as it isn't offensive or nude.
The same oga in the office who is married will still collect the girl's number to toast her

the problem with Nigerians is that they copy everything BUT NOT THE WAY THE PEOPLE THEY COPIED FROM DO IT.....you see our girls wearing summer clothes in winter and winter clothes in summer... some dont know there are different dresses for different occasions and just dress anyhow in the name of fashion which they didnt even copy well
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by squad03: 9:20am On Jan 21, 2021
It's his sister's bubu comeback for me man!�
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Muna4real(f): 9:20am On Jan 21, 2021
The country is becoming more irritating with each passing day.
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by squad03: 9:22am On Jan 21, 2021
It's his sister's bubu comeback for me mahn!�
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Oracleforce: 9:23am On Jan 21, 2021
mu2sa2:
What's proper dressing? A lady was stopped at the gate of covenant university and denied entry because she was wearing a Muslim-like dress.

What is a Muslim devoted Lady looking for in a Christian faith University?

Just imagine me going to a university established by either a Muslim organization or a traditional organization...it can't work...

There are lots of secular universities across the country....let her go there and study or make her research...leave Christian university for Christian people....
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Greenback: 9:26am On Jan 21, 2021
blackpanda:
What do u now want us to do U are the one that dressed inappropriate knowing fully well u are going to a govt establishment, not the mall or shopping complex. Na u still carry yourself come social media to cry. Oga abeg park well undecided

Shut up,thank you.

We know you were born 1914. grin
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by edoairways: 9:27am On Jan 21, 2021
blackpanda:

Will u dress for a job interview with tshirt and shorts Will the sister go for visa interview with spaghetti top and jeans Pls not everything is political, dress how u want to be addressed. Wearing shorts and t-shirt is for leisure or when going for recreation, not when u are going to an official function or govt establishment. They obviously can't take u serious. Has nothing to do with religion!
This is the misconception most Nigerians have. This same attitude was what lead to SARS officers arresting many people based on looks. It is easy for you to say this because you don't wear the shoe
Re: Man & His Sister Denied Entry Into Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Over Dressing by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 21, 2021
Slackerpenguin2:
Ministry should have attended to them...because they were wrong not to have attended to them

After all, in other establishments, people are attended to irrespective of dress.

But having said that, the problem with labelling situations like this 'Sharia law' is basically overexaggeration. It also gives the idea that only those of the Muslim faith support modest dressing, and also gives the idea that dressing properly...ie wearing corporate or a proper skirt and blouse means you are observing Sharia law...or something.

The truth is, we Nigerians ought sometimes to dress modestly. Saying that does not mean I want you to bow to your new Saudi overlords or something.
God bless you!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nimet Lists States To Experience Heavy Rainfall In Next Three Days / Osun Governorship Election Rerun Holds In These Polling Units / Governor Umahi Decongesting Traffic Jam Along Enugu/Abakaliki Boundary (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.