Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,238 members, 7,856,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 09:34 AM

2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition (19051 Views)

IBB To Media: Ignore Those Preaching Disunity In Nigeria / NBA CRISIS: South-west May Likely Follow North / Tinubu's Presidential Ambition Crumbles, Unable To Visit Aso Villa - Sahara R. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition by Omodua(m): 3:07pm On Jan 23, 2021
tyup:

you Igbos should rather appreciate the North cuz the only thing preventing Biafra from touring the Libyan way is cuz we still got to manage you in Nigeria
And why not allow them go Libyan way and avoid the overbearing problems tearing the polity. North is the Achilles heels to Nigeria's development and advancement. Without North, Nigeria would have been competing with advanced and developed world. North is Nigeria's problem,not Biafra. Take note.
Re: 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition by blackmaine: 3:08pm On Jan 23, 2021
tyup:

you Igbos should rather appreciate the North cuz the only thing preventing Biafra from touring the Libyan way is cuz we still got to manage you in Nigeria
who dey manage who ? a tribe with two faces
Re: 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition by Sharmeenator(m): 3:12pm On Jan 23, 2021
What is wrong with this OP and his likes? We are talking about serious insecurities and gloomy future that have bedeviled us as a country, you and your likes are more concerned about Tinubu's presidency. What did we the Yorubas benefited from Obasanjo's presidency? What benefit was Former President Jonathan's presidency to the people of the Niger Delta and the South at large? Past antecedents have proven that these guys care less about the average electors, they only serve their selfish interests and that of the few in there circles. Instead of seeking for the best brains among us irrespective of tribe, religion or gender to take over the mantle of leadership and help us out of these Quagmire, some of you are hellbent on forcing on us the same old politicians responsible for our woes. Shame on all of you! No price is worth this deservice to humanity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition by joeyfire(m): 3:12pm On Jan 23, 2021
Disunity did not stop Obasanjo from winning in 1999. The only thing that truncate Tinubu's dream is his heroin gang connection in America those days.

In a same country someone like him wouldn't even be considered
Re: 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition by Livefreeordieha(m): 3:23pm On Jan 23, 2021
ijustdey:

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2023-disunity-in-swest-may-truncate-tinubus-presidential-ambition/
idiots!!!! Who cares I’m only concerned about how u mofos create unnecessary ambiguous frivolous devourers offices ... what in Pete sake is special adviser on south west matters? Ogun and orunmila go kee all of una!!!! Rubbish!!! No one cares we just want Nigeria to be great bloody leeches
Re: 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition by broadman20: 3:23pm On Jan 23, 2021
tyup:

See love....... tell your God the truth for once and be free from herdmen attack.
Re: 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition by omosuper(m): 3:29pm On Jan 23, 2021
What's good of Buhari's presidency to the northerners? Na all of us dey suffer am together. If Tinubu should become the presido, MC will surely become a gov in lag. Graduates will be jobless while street urchins will be the one controlling the affairs of Nigeria.
Re: 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition by SamNaijaboy: 3:32pm On Jan 23, 2021
Igbo again? What brought Igbo matter here again?

raker300:
Only thing uniting these people is the hate for igbos.

Get igbos out of the equation and they’ll be at each other’s throats..

Why do you think they’re against igbo secession?
Re: 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition by geemd434: 3:35pm On Jan 23, 2021
tyup:

Shut up cowards. Your people are cowards and they have proved it. Rubbish

1 Like

Re: 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition by Onepeople: 3:37pm On Jan 23, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Lol... Trust Yorubas with the Presidency? After the EndSars protests they sponsored and now this unlawful eviction? NEVER! We will rather give the Presidency to the corpse of Adolf Hitler!

It's better the Igbos rule Nigeria forever than for the Yorubas to rule for 5 minutes!

Nonsense!
igbos will not rule ,the fulanis will rule their own region this time ,the entire southern region is standing in solidarity to say no fulanis and their dictatorship style, the igbos have been living without presidency for the past 50 something years ,enough of the divide and system,when you are done using west you turned to east who is fooling who? The igbos can't be that stupid again.
Re: 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition by smallsmall: 3:42pm On Jan 23, 2021
raker300:

From the first word that came out of your mouth, one can easily see that like most of you, your hatred for anything Yoruba, transcends any logic and commonsense.

- Are the Igbos united with each other or how come Umuleiri and Aguleiri still killing each other?
- Are Anambra and Enugu people not still at each others throat?
- Are your people not still killing each other over the practice of 'Osuu' Caste system or is it Yorubas that are responsible for all these acts of savagery in Alaigbo?
- Is Ohaneze and Ipob still not fighting each other over supremacy?
- Are Igbo Governors still not at each others throat, over ESN, joining APC and over boundary issues or do we blame Yorubas for all these as well?

Yorubas are not against Igbo secession, stop fooling the ignorant ones among you, it is you Igbos that have flooded Yorubaland, even more than the Fulanis and you refuse to go back to Alaigbo because you know it is devoid of life.
I can tell you, there are more Igbos in Yorubaland, than there are Igbos in Alaigbo, does that not tell you that your claim of secession is just all puff and huff, without any real conviction.
Go to Benin-Oore Road and count the number of The Young/Ekene Dilli Chukwu Buses and Trailers bringing pennyless Igbos into the SW, in one day, it is like their own 'Coming to America'. grin grin

You want to secede, yet you are all jumping from PDP to APC, shouting yourself hoarse, with the hope that you can produce the President of the same country you want to secede from? shocked
Is there a better definition of lunacy and mental confusion, than that?
. shocked grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition by Odingo1: 3:44pm On Jan 23, 2021
Nigeriabiafra80:
In Oyo state, one man, Sunday Igboho, is marking & tackling the Fulani herdsmen, but I am yet to see Yoruba intellectuals bash him & remind of how he is beatng drums of war. I am yet to hear anyone remind him Nigerians deserve to live anywhere. I will keep pointing it out.�

If this was done by igbos ,hope they won’t betray us here

Someone should analyze this hypocrisy
As usual now, Yoruba man and two side of the mouth.
Re: 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition by Odingo1: 3:47pm On Jan 23, 2021
smallsmall:

From the first word that came out of your mouth, one can easily see that like most of you, your hatred for anything Yoruba, transcends any logic and commonsense.

- Are the Igbos united with each other or how come Umuleiri and Aguleiri still killing each other?
- Are Anambra and Enugu people not still at each others throat?
- Are your people not still killing each other over the practice of 'Osuu' Caste system or is it Yorubas that are responsible for all these acts of savagery in Alaigbo?
- Is Ohaneze and Ipob still not fighting each other over supremacy?
- Are Igbo Governors still not at each others throat, over ESN, joining APC and over boundary issues or do we blame Yorubas for all these as well?

Yorubas are not against Igbo secession, stop fooling the ignorant ones among you, it is you Igbos that have flooded Yorubaland, even more than the Fulanis and you refuse to go back to Alaigbo because you know it is devoid of life.
I can tell you, there are more Igbos in Yorubaland, than there are Igbos in Alaigbo, does that not tell you that your claim of secession is just all puff and huff, without any real conviction.
Go to Benin-Oore Road and count the number of The Young/Ekene Dilli Chukwu Buses and Trailers bringing pennyless Igbos into the SW, in one day, it is like their own 'Coming to America'. grin grin

You want to secede, yet you are all jumping from PDP to APC, shouting yourself hoarse, with the hope that you can produce the President of the same country you want to secede from? shocked
Is there a better definition of lunacy and mental confusion, than that?
. shocked grin grin grin

You are still living on your self deceit, the same line of argument year to year.

The same mistake that cost you the Yorubas your land and forest to Fulanis. You want others to stop coming to southwest while you support one Nigeria. Yorubas want to remain in one Nigeria and control their territory why enjoying oil money. You are afraid of having Oduduwa republic so that you can have absolute power to decide who come to your country.
Re: 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition by omoharry(f): 3:47pm On Jan 23, 2021
ceaser:
And who send Tinubu? Or even that useless Fáyemí for Ekiti?

Is the ambition of any of the two worth the lives of any South Westerner or any Nigerian?

I swear as a Yoruba, I don't mind a South Eastern of repute, value and reliability getting that much coveted position. I'm all for it. And who knows, the current happenings might be a divine way to pave way for a South Eastern.

What I will vehemently oppose with my limited strength and voting power is a northerner remaining there. It will simply be destructive cos it will automatically mean a continuation of the nepotism, despotism, injustices and Fulani massacres that currently hold sway in Buhari's administration.

Having said all these, you northerners are liars and expert in Taqqiya. You think you can threaten Yorubas with refusal to renege presidency to 'em as if you guys have the sole right to Nigeria. Give it to Igbos, it still achieves the same southern desire of having it moved down south and far away from the North.

And I know your threat is half-hearted and half-ass3d. You thrive in disunity between southerners and that is what you aim to achieve with that threat. Unfortunately for you, the Fulani menace has brought a coalition of Southern forces and middle belt forces against you people.

You've lost the plot already.

You are trying to be wise by half.

The difference between the duo of Many and Igboho is as clear as daylight.

The only similarity between the two is that they are both agitating for their people to exist in peace in the country.

Nnamdi Kanu on his own part though did not direct his fight against the aggressors but against anyone not Igbo. In fact, if you are Igbo but happen not to be in support of his fight, you automatically become an enemy that falls in his line of fire.

How can you conveniently ignore NK's threat of yoruba pastorpreneurs and their churches? He condemned Igbo people that patronise Yoruba businesses and installations and called them backstabbers for aligning with the Yoruba who according to him "have supported the Hausas". He called the country a zoo (which I really don't have problem with) but he now went ahead to call Nigerians (I included) animals that live in the zoo. I wasn't the aggressor, the Fulani is. But NK decides to direct the fight to me, hence he has lost my support for his cause since day one.

Please this is not hearsay. I listened to radio Biafra the first time ever in 2017 cos I happened to visit Onitsha then. I was shocked by what I heard in the programs. It was literarily a war of words on every person not Igbo (or an Igbo not in support of the cause) wherease the outfit claims it was fighting for freedom from the northern oppression. And that is where they got it all wrong. And while he was doing this, majority of Igbos urged him on.

D'you remember one UK based Yoruba dude like that that called himself one funny name (can't recall that name) that went online during the #EndSars period to make videos instructing Igbos to leave yourbaland? Have you heard anything else from him of late? Did he become popular like Sunday Igboho? Yorubas everywhere simply ignored him cos that call was not a solution for the problem at hand.

Radio Kudirat was a mastermind of the south west. It was formed against the abacha military Junta of the north. But that radio was all inclusive. It did not discriminate against Igbo, Hausa, Ibiobio or Efik. It had presenters and anchors from all enthinc nationalities and all works of life because there was a common enemy - the military from the north. Northerners always eagerly stand by their radio when it is 8pm everyday to tune to the station. Radio Kudirat was a successful venture because it was against the common enemy, not against the people unlike Nnamdi Kanu's IPOB which made itself enemy for people rather than against the oppressors.

Sunday Igboho has never (I stand corrected) called out nor threatened the Igbos or anyone else for that matter. Every non-Nigerian and sane Nigerian irrespective of nationality that lives in the south west have been endangered by the Fulani menace. This means that the problematic Fulani in this case is the common enemy.

His voice has always called out against one thing - the Fulani menace and he has rightly acted in dealing with such in actions and in words.

If Igboho had begun to include non-aggressors like Hausas and Igbos in his targets, you can bet that he already will be having condemnations from Yorubas in Nigeria and in diaspora. In fact, I will not spare him my vitriolics.

That's the difference between him and Nnamdi Kanu which is a s clear as daylight.

And the four people that liked your comment, Sheesh! What were they thinking?
I agreee with you .
Re: 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition by 12inchess: 3:53pm On Jan 23, 2021
raker300:

You guys think too highly of yourself. Apart from the many igbo traders in SW that we are very hospitable enough to accommodate do you think Yorubas really give a shit about you guys?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition by Bluntemperor: 3:57pm On Jan 23, 2021
NOETHNICITY:
Tinubu should allow Osibanjo run for presidency

Osinbajo is the only integrity of today's government.Tinubu knows this but is testing the waters like Atiku.Those who wants to oppose Osinbajo are doing so because of bigotry as he has been tested and capable.
Both Tinubu and Atiku's will fail because they think money will buy them Nigerians and the Presidency.
The World has moved beyond gerimerdiring leadership.Just ask Mr Trump while Character could not hold him to power after the Russian helped him in the first instance!
God bless Nigeria.
Re: 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition by smallsmall: 3:57pm On Jan 23, 2021
Racoon:
A good product is a good product while a bad product remains a bad product.Late Chief MKO Abiola was a good product back then & we marketed him upon which the Nigerian electorate overwhelmingly voted for him though the military sadly never allowed him exercise the mandate.

For betraying Abiola by secreting frolicking with Abacha in a regime wherein the present calamity and catastrophe he foist upon the nation was part of; whereìn regions are now forming security outfits to protect themselves from the atrocities of the president's feudal brothers is enough reason to refuse such a person.

For always speaking in defense of same marauders esp.during the assassination of Pa Fasoranti's daughter wherein he insulted the sensibility of Nigerians with the silly "where are the cows" narrative even when investigation later tied the murder to same herders makes him an unfit president that can protect his people let alone the nation.

What about his statement during the gory #EndSARS incident, the embarrassing bullion vans saga, insult to the SW traditional leaders in the past?

I think it is "we the People" that are giving ammunition to his inordinate ambition, each time we discuss it!
granted, there will be some hungry group that will collect his money and organise solidarity march for him but it does not go beyond that.
His ambition is D.O.D, as in dead on arrival.
He has no National Appeal, no one trusts him and the experience of the people of the SW indicates that he is a Rogue, selfish and Self-Centred Clanish thief who impoverishes his people for his own personal gains.

Since he assumed Power in 1999, Lagosians can easily see how their fortunes have so badly dwindled, while his own personal fortunes have gone up geometrically, to the point that most indigenous Lagosians as of today, have sold their family Houses, lands and other Assets and he has reduced their offsprings to Bus Stop Touts, Street Junction Urchins, NURTW Thugs and at best, Keke Marwa or Okada Operators!
Those are his legacy, Jakande will tell you his Legacy is Awo's free Education and Low Cost Housing Units allover the place

That is how bad he had underdeveloped Yorubas in general. I have no doubt in my mind that even the Yorubas will reject him at the Polls, he knows this so he is trying to form an alliance with the Fulani Killers of Yorubas, to become their "Stooge President", Yoruba by name but Fulani in actions and servitude.
Yorubas have well-qualified Sons like Former Gov. Fashola, current Vice President Osinbajo, etc who will fly the flag of Yorubas in APC, come 2023, God forbid a second round of rubbish, that Yorubas fall into the hands of a greedy, treasury-looting, Chicago fraudster who has turned Lagos to his personal Bank.
Tufia'kwa
Re: 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition by SuperKlean(m): 4:00pm On Jan 23, 2021
raker300:

let's stop with this blame games for now, it's not needed.
Re: 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition by King44(m): 4:03pm On Jan 23, 2021
TimmyA:
How can you sell bad market, it is not disunity, it is purely bad market, because Nigeria will move from frying pan to fire.

Government of I don't care what the masses feel or face is a bad market that must not be supported by sensible people.
selling a bad product.... Selling a bad product when good products are on ground is a no no.
Re: 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition by smallsmall: 4:06pm On Jan 23, 2021
Bluntemperor:

Osinbajo is the only integrity of today's government. Tinubu knows this but is testing the waters like Atiku.Those who wants to oppose Osinbajo are doing so because of bigotry as he has been tested and capable.
Both Tinubu and Atiku's will fail because they think money will buy them Nigerians and the Presidency.
The World has moved beyond gerimerdiring leadership.Just ask Mr Trump while Character could not hold him to power after the Russian helped him in the first instance!
God bless Nigeria.

True-dat!
For the first Eleven Months when Buhari was comatose somewhere outside Nigeria, Osinbajo led Nigeria to Growth, Peace and Prosperity.

- He went to the ND and struck up a good agreement that ended militancy in the Niger Delta.
- He approved the Operation of Mini-Refineries that empowered the locals in the ND and South East.
- He came to the South East and assured them of a workable Nigeria that will bring Justice and Fairness to all Nigerians
- He steadied the national Currency
- He ensured that there was Equality and Rule of Law, in distribution of Govt appointment, etc

But immediately after that Mannequin in Aso Rock was imposed on us as President,, all those good steps were reversed and destroyed and because the current Nigerian Constitution does not allow a V.P to do any other thing EXCEPT that which he is assigned by the President, Osinbajo has largely remained under-utilised and on permanent Mute-Button, since then.

I will Vote Osinbajo or Fashola or even Kingsley Moghalu for President, any day.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition by Sirkingsnado: 4:07pm On Jan 23, 2021
Nigeriabiafra80:
In Oyo state, one man, Sunday Igboho, is marking & tackling the Fulani herdsmen, but I am yet to see Yoruba intellectuals bash him & remind of how he is beatng drums of war. I am yet to hear anyone remind him Nigerians deserve to live anywhere. I will keep pointing it out.�

live them bro they are mad

1 Like

Re: 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition by NSK4U(m): 4:10pm On Jan 23, 2021
Tinubu has failed before declaring interest,

I said it earlier than now buh folks who beg for crumbs from Boudilion's shameless table wouldn't listen, hope it's getting clearer daily.
Re: 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition by 12inchess: 4:12pm On Jan 23, 2021
United to support Tinubu? Una dey mad. Ori yin ti bu.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition by SeriouslySense(m): 4:20pm On Jan 23, 2021
okay
plusfield:

Nope, they have been trying to but it doesnt seem to be working on us and that's why they are angry. Why do you think the south east is still the safest region in Nigeria till date. I cant divulge much here but do your research.
Re: 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition by Lawalemi(m): 4:20pm On Jan 23, 2021
It is truncated already.
Re: 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition by smallsmall: 4:23pm On Jan 23, 2021
Odingo1:

You are still living on your self deceit, the same line of argument year to year.

The same mistake that cost you the Yorubas your land and forest to Fulanis. You want others to stop coming to southwest while you support one Nigeria. Yorubas want to remain in one Nigeria and control their territory why enjoying oil money. You are afraid of having Oduduwa republic so that you can have absolute power to decide who come to your country.

You are really either a pure illiterate or have serious comprehension problems! grin grin

- Fulanis are not just occupying Yoruba lands/Forest, l am sure you know that no Igbo farmer dared go to his farm, in the last few years, Fulanis are also in all the lands and Forests of Alaigbo.
- I do not advocate stopping ALL others from coming to the South West, even america does not stop everybody coming there. Respectable people who will be law-abiding are welcomed, and l am sure the same will apply to your own enclave or is it open to these killer, Fulani Herdsmen? grin
- Only foolish people like you, know not that the SW also has Oil in abundance, from Ondo to Lagos, Oil full ground, so it is only natural that Yorubas enjoy Oil Money, apart from being the highest generator of IGR for the Federal Govt.

- Unlike you people that do gra-gra and beat your hairy chest all day long, having Oduduwa Republic will be a well-planned and strategic decision, not to be rushed or done at the instance of boasting or pressure from others, certainly not like the failed-attempt that resulted in the death of 3Million Biafrans at the hands of the same Fulani.
- Please, l dont want to offend other decent Igbos on this thread, out of respect to them, while trying to respond to your lubbish.
Just Stop it, you hear? Negodu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition by smallsmall: 4:28pm On Jan 23, 2021
Nigeriabiafra80:

Stop comparing Apples and Oranges.
Even at that, on this thread, you can read what some Igbos are writing and getting '55Likes' for!

But that is BTW, it is the Approach to a problem that matters.
You can solve your problem while carrying others along, or you can choose to insult everyone who is not in agreement with you but are also not opposed to your quest, l am sure one method produces a better result than the other. undecided undecided

Show me one place where Sunda Igboho has insulted all igbos, called them animals or said they should be killed anywhere they are found, the way Nnamdi kanu did, when he was running his Ipob things.
If you point it out, l will apologise to you and other Igbos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition by Sunnyja: 4:32pm On Jan 23, 2021
blinking001:
Tinubu will emerge as the president of Nigeria come 2023.
Yes, in Lagos and Ambode his Vice!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria / Bomb Blast At A Bauchi Football Viewing Center ? / Petroleum Commission To Relocate Key Departments To Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.