Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,243 members, 7,829,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Guys Come In Lets Talk. What Almost Killed You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys Come In Lets Talk. What Almost Killed You? (1638 Views)

RELATIONSHIP TALK!! What Killed Your Feelings For Someone You Were Once Madly In / Guys Come and See This Slay Queen ooh (funny Picture) / Ivorian Lady Almost Killed Herself After Her Sex Tape Was Leaked Online. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys Come In Lets Talk. What Almost Killed You? by NiklauseFred(m): 7:43am On Jan 23, 2021
Kerosene: You may ask urself what were you doing with kerosene that it almost got you killed. Well guys never played with it but I drank it to my fullest grin

It happens on the night of 2004, i ate rice and beans that night,it was made by my mom( R.i.p mom cry ),then we had a blue Jerry can( about 10litres) we had two of them and one contained kerosene while the other was for water.i woke late at night(I was younger then,about 4y) and was extremely thirsty and you know back then kerosene was some kinda odourless or was it because of the congested nostrils I had? No body could tell;I drank to my FILL and went back to the bed,after some minutes I started coughing loudly and sneezing ( I was coughing out blood and sneezing blood).
According to my mom I was extremely weak and my eyes turned white(the black part of the eye rolled back).and the hospital we had at the village was far away so she was just helpless and an idea hit her,she rushed to the kitchen brought out palm oil and gave it to me and that was what saved me.

A year and half later i a HOE wanted to finish the work done by the kerosene.
I was in the kitchen sleeping while my mom and my sister's were cooking.I asked to go inside and sleep(guys I refused cos I was scared).
While I was sleeping in the kitchen my mom told my sis to bring one of the kitchen utensils that was on the 'rake' but she misunderstood her and went for the hoe,cos she was tall enough the hoe fell and landed on my fore head and within a split seconds,there was blood everywhere(thick ones) and hospital as usual was far away and i was loosing much blood,she had to improvise with the use of ,bitter leaf and handkerchief to stop the blood till the next morning before I was taken to the hospital for proper treatment.

N.B:I still have the scare on my fore head till date but it now looks more like a tribal mark(it's neatly lined)

It looks like the one below

Lalasticala

1 Like

Re: Guys Come In Lets Talk. What Almost Killed You? by uncleck: 7:45am On Jan 23, 2021
While growing up I had many domestic accidents like yours. I only saw them as accident and nothing more. When I drank kerosene, if I sat down the seat would soak. It was terrible but I didn't panic. On two different occasions I landed inside hot boiling fufu pot with my hands. The signs are still on both of my wrists till date. Was it when I was walking in the street, a child wanted to throw a tin of milk to another child and it landed on my eyebrow. The scale is still here.

Or when I was in the village, I don't go to farm in the day time but at night. My father was the biggest yam farmer in my village. That year, laborers were already overwhelmed because where he farmed that year was not motorable. So we had to carry the yams with basin on our head to the yamban. So I I do leave home by 12midnight and come back once daybreak. That fateful night I walked into a herd of wild pigs. God saved me sha.

I took many risks while growing up. But let me highlight just three near death experiences I had.

1. That was when I was doing Keke business in owerri while waiting for serving. Immediately after environmental sanitation one Saturday morning I hit the road. Wethral road was so free without any form of holdup. So as i was trying to cross fireservice roundabout, an ENTRACO truck was racing towards the roundabout at full speed as if it d lost break. Unfortunately my keke stopped in the middle of the road directly in the direction of the truck. Being brave saved me. In less than a second I moved the gear to neautra, jumped down and pushed the keke with all my strenght to the othe side of the road while i jumped unto the road demacation. The truck zoomed accross like nothing happened.

2. The last day I did Keke business. Rochas had announced a ban on Keke within owerri. On the day of the deadline, I had just repaired something on the leg, but little did I know that the mechanic did not tight the nut very well. I loaded passengers from Emmanuel College heading towards Akwakuma with the intention going to wethral from there and then MCC my home. On getting to Amakohia flyover, I started hearing some sound from the wheel, the same sound that took me to mechanic in the first place. It was dark already, besides it was my last trip on Keke. But little did I know that the sound was caused by another thing altogether. Not long after that, I heard a loud sound and a feeling like I was flying. It was like a dream. The tire pulled off, Keke somersaulted. It landed behind a parked BMW. god saved me and my passengers.

3. While a student of GCU, I went outside the gate to get something. It started raining and I was drenched. Just before the school gate a car, whose driver probably had blurred vision , was racing towards me. (as a precaution, I always walk on the left side of the road). I was already by the bush and the Mercedes 190 was already on the course of crushing me. I jumped up fiercely and the driver, who now seemed to suddenly become alert, turned the wheel towards the main road. I landed exactly on the tracks of the front tire which happened to be where I jumped up from.

I've experienced numerous cases similar to these

4 Likes

Re: Guys Come In Lets Talk. What Almost Killed You? by Sonnobax15(m): 7:48am On Jan 23, 2021
shocked

Op,thank you for at least giving me the chance to come and tell y'all the something that almost got me killed..

It all happened in the year 2014,back then in Delta State polytechnic,ozoro....There was this babe whom I had a crush on...An Edo girl for that matter..She was so beautiful and gorgeous...I wouldn't mind crossing the red sea just to protect the love of my life,so and so I thought to myself..Her love was also a reciprocal of mine as we both loved each other unconditionally..

Fast forward to 2016,I was already in ND2...Then a Niggar showed up and my girl started acting funny...I confronted her a couple of times but she kept insisting that he was just a friend she had known right from when they were kids...So I believed...But I still told my niggar's around to not hesitate to pass any information on her and the guy to me should any pop out..

Not too long,she sent me a text telling me to stop pesting her..That she has a new guy now...
The truth was that I almost fought with the guy..but my roomie warned me, telling me that the guy was the number one man of one confraternity in school...Na once rain beat my feathers

7 Likes

Re: Guys Come In Lets Talk. What Almost Killed You? by Stephenomozzy(m): 7:53am On Jan 23, 2021
...made me stronger
Re: Guys Come In Lets Talk. What Almost Killed You? by illicit(m): 8:00am On Jan 23, 2021
Nigeria almost killed me shocked

3 Likes

Re: Guys Come In Lets Talk. What Almost Killed You? by Tenshades(m): 8:30am On Jan 23, 2021
Rock climbing when I was around 8yrs...I miscalculated the distance between two close rocks, lost balance and was hanging between the rocks on my jaw (misconfigured dentitures). I got pushed up by my siblings with seriously bleeding jaw.

Back to 2005, I came back from school on one very Friday afternoon to continue my movies (weekend excitement). As I was about to plug the TV, the extension box top cover accidentally opened (old without bolts), then my thumb went straight on the naked electrified metals in the box. My thumb got glued to the box while I was feeling the continous horrifying movement of the electrical charges in my body draining my blood through my thumb. I shouted while flinging the box which refused to leave my thumb. I later smashed the extension box on the TV and it left my hand. Funniest thing was that my dad was in the toilet while I was shouting. He was peacefully dropping his bombs in the ocean and couldn't come out till he was able to finish his business. grin

Also while I was undergoing my I.T. with a surveying firm, we went for a leveling work while I was holding the leveling staff on field. The instrument man was giving me direction to move back for him to take readings while my sight was on his signs. He kept shifting me back while I held my staff up high. Unbeknownst to me, I was close to 'life wire' when light was on. Suddenly, I heard a heavy electrical spark with the sparks falling beside me. Then people started shouting. That's when I knew that the metallic staff I was holding had touched the 'wires' which caused the spark. The side of the staff which got in contact with the wire got burnt which the boss mustn't know about. How I wasn't electrocuted still remains a mystery to me till today.

Guy don escape many deaths sha o. Shey na road journeys we wan talk about? Abi line of fire when thugs fight?

3 Likes

Re: Guys Come In Lets Talk. What Almost Killed You? by NiklauseFred(m): 8:38am On Jan 23, 2021
uncleck:
While growing up I had many domestic accidents like yours. I only saw them as accident and nothing more. When I drank kerosene, if I sat down the seat would soak. It was terrible but I didn't panic. On two different occasions I landed inside hot boiling fufu pot with my hands. The signs are still on both of my wrists till date. Was it when I was walking in the street, a child wanted to throw a tin of milk to another child and it landed on my eyebrow. The scale is still here.

Or when I was in the village, I don't go to farm in the day time but at night. My father was the biggest yam farmer in my village. That year, laborers were already overwhelmed because where he farmed that year was not motorable. So we had to carry the yams with basin on our head to the yamban. So I I do leave home by 12midnight and come back once daybreak. That fateful night I walked into a herd of wild pigs. God saved me sha.

I took many risks while growing up. But let me highlight just three near death experiences I had.

1. That was when I was doing Keke business in owerri while waiting for serving. Immediately after environmental sanitation one Saturday morning I hit the road. Wethral road was so free without any form of holdup. So as i was trying to cross fireservice roundabout, an ENTRACO truck was racing towards the roundabout at full speed as if it d lost break. Unfortunately my keke stopped in the middle of the road directly in the direction of the truck. Being brave saved me. In less than a second I moved the gear to neautra, jumped down and pushed the keke with all my strenght to the othe side of the road while i jumped unto the road demacation. The truck zoomed accross like nothing happened.

2. The last day I did Keke business. Rochas had announced a ban on Keke within owerri. On the day of the deadline, I had just repaired something on the leg, but little did I know that the mechanic did not tight the nut very well. I loaded passengers from Emmanuel College heading towards Akwakuma with the intention going to wethral from there and then MCC my home. On getting to Amakohia flyover, I started hearing some sound from the wheel, the same sound that took me to mechanic in the first place. It was dark already, besides it was my last trip on Keke. But little did I know that the sound was caused by another thing altogether. Not long after that, I heard a loud sound and a feeling like I was flying. It was like a dream. The tire pulled off, Keke somersaulted. It landed behind a parked BMW. god saved me and my passengers.

3. While a student of GCU, I went outside the gate to get something. It started raining and I was drenched. Just before the school gate a car, whose driver probably had blurred vision , was racing towards me. (as a precaution, I always walk on the left side of the road). I was already by the bush and the Mercedes 190 was already on the course of crushing me. I jumped up fiercely and the driver, who now seemed to suddenly become alert, turned the wheel towards the main road. I landed exactly on the tracks of the front tire which happened to be where I jumped up from.

I've experienced numerous cases similar to these

Oboy ur own no be small oo
Most of the near death experience had to do with hustle.
One day sha hustle go pay well.

Could remember when one full bucket of was poured on me by my sis,it was a mistake tho.
Actually the water was meant for our Christmas chicken but I was the one that got peeled tho cheesy

1 Like

Re: Guys Come In Lets Talk. What Almost Killed You? by NiklauseFred(m): 8:40am On Jan 23, 2021
Sonnobax15:
shocked

Op,thank you for at least giving me the chance to come and tell y'all the something that almost got me killed..

It all happened in the year 2014,back then in Delta State polytechnic,ozoro....There was this babe whom I had a crush on...An Edo girl for that matter..She was so beautiful and gorgeous...I wouldn't mind crossing the red sea just to protect the love of my life,so and so I thought to myself..Her love was also a reciprocal of mine as we both loved each other unconditionally..

Fast forward to 2016,I was already in ND2...Then a Niggar showed up and my girl started acting funny...I confronted her a couple of times but she kept insisting that he was just a friend she had known right from when they were kids...So I believed...But I still told my niggar's around to not hesitate to pass any information on her and the guy to should any pop out..

Not too long,she sent me a text telling me to stop pesting her..That she has a new guy now...
The truth was that I almost fought with the guy..but my roomie warned me, telling me that the guy was the number one man of one confraternity in school...Na once rain beat my feathers

Oboy! Plus the heartbreak too cheesy

I fear who no fear women.

Hope you have forgotten about her now?
Re: Guys Come In Lets Talk. What Almost Killed You? by Sonnobax15(m): 8:41am On Jan 23, 2021
NiklauseFred:

Oboy! Plus the heartbreak too cheesy
I fear who no fear women.
Hope you have forgotten about her now?
I don ghost her sinceeeeeeeeee.

1 Like

Re: Guys Come In Lets Talk. What Almost Killed You? by uncleck: 8:41am On Jan 23, 2021
NiklauseFred:

Oboy ur own no be small oo
Most of the near death experience had to do with hustle.
One day sha hustle go pay well.

Could remember when one full bucket of was poured on me by my sis,it was a mistake tho.
Actually the water was meant for our Christmas chicken but I was the one that got peeled tho cheesy
too bad!

I once fell from a high building and I touched the ground before my helmet. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Guys Come In Lets Talk. What Almost Killed You? by NiklauseFred(m): 8:45am On Jan 23, 2021
Tenshades:
Rock climbing when I was around 8yrs...I miscalculated the distance between two close rocks, lost balance and was hanging between the rocks on my jaw (misconfigured dentitures). I got pushed up by my siblings with seriously bleeding jaw.

Back to 2005, I came back from school on one very Friday afternoon to continue my movies (weekend excitement). As I was about to plug the TV, the extension box top cover accidentally opened (old without bolts), then my thumb went straight on the naked electrified metals in the box. My thumb got glued to the box while I was feeling the continous horrifying movement of the electrical charges in my body draining my blood through my thumb. I shouted while flinging the box which refused to leave my thumb. I later smashed the extension box on the TV and it left my hand. Funniest thing was that my dad was in the toilet while I was shouting. He was peacefully dropping his bombs in the ocean and couldn't come out till he was able to finish his business. grin

Also while I was undergoing my I.T. with a surveying firm, we went for a leveling work while I was holding the leveling staff on field. The instrument man was giving me direction to move back for him to take readings while my sight was on his signs. He kept shifting me back while I held my staff up high. Unbeknownst to me, I was close to 'life wire' when light was on. Suddenly, I heard a heavy electrical spark with the sparks falling beside me. Then people started shouting. That's when I knew that the metallic staff I was holding had touched the 'wires' which caused the spark. The side of the staff which got in contact with the wire got burnt which the boss mustn't know about. How I wasn't electrocuted still remains a mystery to me till today.

Guy don escape many deaths sha o. Shey na road journeys we wan talk about? Abi line of fire when thugs fight?

Guy you sure say you no relate to Electrolysis? As in electricity too like you cheesy

1 Like

Re: Guys Come In Lets Talk. What Almost Killed You? by NiklauseFred(m): 8:46am On Jan 23, 2021
quote author=Sonnobax15 post=98349155]
I don ghost her sinceeeeeeeeee.[/quote]

Na so e suppose be.
Don't trust all these daughters of Eve
Re: Guys Come In Lets Talk. What Almost Killed You? by NiklauseFred(m): 8:47am On Jan 23, 2021
illicit:
Nigeria almost killed me shocked

LOL cheesy

1 Like

Re: Guys Come In Lets Talk. What Almost Killed You? by pascalbenz: 8:56am On Jan 23, 2021
Mine was around 2011 ..me wen still dey learn how to ride bike, my bros been travel leave shop for me so one evening petrol finish for gen , I say my carry bike wey dey shop rush buy fuel ...with full confidence I enter express as I dey road one aboki bike man wey been dey take one way make divert enter middle of road ..for the middle of road I over turtle/fire the bike na so bike just off for middle of express ooh ..luck when I get that day be say na one new ride been dey come behind as the drive match sudden break na once the break catch ..I even surprise say the car no hit me the way my heart fly that evening ehhn ..I come push the bike comot for road I just dey shake like person wey heavy sickness hold

2 Likes

Re: Guys Come In Lets Talk. What Almost Killed You? by dangermouse(m): 9:00am On Jan 23, 2021
Has a terrible dream where I was being chased by about 4 to 6 men ,I cant remember exact number. They were wielding cutlasses and while i was trying to escape from them, they will eventually catch up with me and I will then turn around and start fighting with them and when they would get upper hand I will escape and star running again. Happened like three times before I fell down and they circled me and was about to land a fatal blow on me before I woke up. This was back in the Uni days and I was staying in a 3 bedroom shared apartment with friends and we all sleep at night with our bedroom doors unlocked excerpt for the main entrance through the sitting room which we locked at nights.
As I struggled to wake from this particular dream I saw my flat mates already in my room with worried looks and my foam which was on the rug , soaked to the brim with sweat?.
Now this is where it got scary for me. I had bruises and lacerations on my knees, elbows and back and there was no drop of blood like the type of wound you get when you fall from a bike?

Now according to my flatmates , they all woke up to my screaming around 2am and all rushed to my room which was unlocked and saw me struggling with unseen forces before they shook me up awoke.

My neck was stiff and there was bruises and lacerations almost all over my body as stated earlier and there was no how any of us can explain what just happened.

Now I skipped school that day only to come down (the building was an upstairs) in the afternoon to get some beverage's and lo a man saw me and beckoned on me with a shocked face. What he saw till today I don't know but he has to call somebody who later came to us and after all what I cannot disclose here told me exactly what happened to me. A blossom friend wanted to eliminate me. He later confessed . That was my one and only close death experience and God willing the last.

2 Likes

Re: Guys Come In Lets Talk. What Almost Killed You? by DSC7: 9:41am On Jan 23, 2021
Growing up i have always wanted to be an Electrical engineer....

2003 in borno state i almost got electrocuted due to my love of fixing spoilt elecrical appliances....

So dat hot afternoon i decided to fix our bathroom lampholder..i peel d wire with a plier but no tester to check if the wire is still ok so i decide to use my barehands to check weda it will shock me....till today i never understand wetin give me dat kind inspiration....

Just like magic i became numb...asin i just stand one place with up and down vibration running in my system......shout i no fit shout,release wire i no fit....how i even managed to escape is still a miracle.....for like two days i weak....

My future ambition changed when i heard frm my physic teacher dat the man who invented electricity was killed by samething he discovered....

Re: Guys Come In Lets Talk. What Almost Killed You? by Degrezhaa: 10:00am On Jan 23, 2021
Never really had one.

1 Like

Re: Guys Come In Lets Talk. What Almost Killed You? by Tenshades(m): 10:16am On Jan 23, 2021
NiklauseFred:

Guy you sure say you no relate to Electrolysis? As in electricity too like you cheesy

Hahahahahahahaaa grin
Re: Guys Come In Lets Talk. What Almost Killed You? by Reex12(m): 11:19am On Jan 23, 2021
DSC7:
Growing up i have always wanted to be an Electrical engineer....

2003 in borno state i almost got electrocuted due to my love of fixing spoilt elecrical appliances....

So dat hot afternoon i decided to fix our bathroom lampholder..i peel d wire with a plier but no tester to check if the wire is still ok so i decide to use my barehands to check weda it will shock me....till today i never understand wetin give me dat kind inspiration....

Just like magic i became numb...asin i just stand one place with up and down vibration running in my system......shout i no fit shout,release wire i no fit....how i even managed to escape is still a miracle.....for like two days i weak....

My future ambition changed when i heard frm my physic teacher dat the man who invented electricity was killed by samething he discovered....

lol your last paragraph really made me laugh

2 Likes

Re: Guys Come In Lets Talk. What Almost Killed You? by jydo34547: 11:33am On Jan 23, 2021
quote author=Sonnobax15 post=98349155] I don ghost her sinceeeeeeeeee.[/quote]Na so e suppose be.Don't trust all these daughters of Eve
Re: Guys Come In Lets Talk. What Almost Killed You? by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 23, 2021
buhari's regime

1 Like

Re: Guys Come In Lets Talk. What Almost Killed You? by FatherCHRISTMAS: 8:41am On Jul 25, 2021
Sonnobax15:
shocked

Fast forward to 2016,I was already in ND2...Then a Niggar showed up and my girl started acting funny...I confronted her a couple of times but she kept insisting that he was just a friend she had known right from when they were kids...So I believed...But I still told my niggar's around to not hesitate to pass any information on her and the guy to me should any pop out..

Wow
Re: Guys Come In Lets Talk. What Almost Killed You? by Igbojihadist: 9:10am On Jul 25, 2021
the day i was kidnapped it was a near death experience inshort i don die wake up dat day _____although all i was doing was begging GOD for the forgiveness of sin to welcome my soul if am to die that way
Re: Guys Come In Lets Talk. What Almost Killed You? by thatsleepboy1: 10:29am On Jul 25, 2021
I was just laughing.
Re: Guys Come In Lets Talk. What Almost Killed You? by Palazee(m): 10:38am On Jul 25, 2021
Maybe Hziyech have something to say
Re: Guys Come In Lets Talk. What Almost Killed You? by Hziyech: 10:39am On Jul 25, 2021
Palazee:
Maybe Hziyech have something to say
My dear hw far na

Long time
Re: Guys Come In Lets Talk. What Almost Killed You? by Homeboiy: 11:47am On Jul 25, 2021
I’m always protected

(1) (Reply)

Men Should Respect The Place That House Their Sperm To Avoid Misery / I Don't Enjoy Food / Leak Sȅx Video Of My Work Colleague Sophia From Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.