Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,256 members, 7,864,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:32 PM

Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges (2572 Views)

Osita Chidoka Set To Emerge Pdp’s Anambra Central Senatorial Candidate / Anambra Women’s Group Mobilises Support For Buhari, APC / Tony Nwoye Is PDP Anambra Guber Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by papadonkee: 11:08pm On Apr 05, 2011
@Akainzo, sorry for my absence - long day, longer bills.

Anyway, I'm tired so excuse me if I skip my usual pleasantries while I give your comments short shrift.

1. MDG - read this article from the Debt Management Office (DMO): http://www.dmo.gov.ng/debtrelief/benefitsmdg.php . It should clear up your questions about the SSA on MDG's funding envelope. If you have the time, you might also find some illumination from this interview given by the Senior Special assistant herself: http://economicconfidential.com/x/index.php/interviews/115-nigeria-mdgs-how-we-channel-billions-of-naira-on-8-goals-amina-az-zubair-. For emphasis, it's Nigeria's debt relief savings, and not the UNDP that fund the Office's programmes. And for those of you who don't like clicking on links, the following was lifted from the DMO web page:

The debt relief that Nigeria is obtaining is a key component of the challenge of meeting the MDGs in Nigeria. One of the key benefits is the elimination of unsustainable annual debt service payments to external creditors. The additional US$1 billion that the FGN will save every year for the next 20 or more years will now be spent on providing primary education, primary health care, rural infrastructure, electrification, water supply and other key poverty reducing sectors. For this reason, the Presidency has set up a new office, the MDG office, to ensure procedures are put in place to effectively use the proceeds of debt relief for these purposes.

Like I said, I am reluctant to call you a liar. Can we settle for "well-intentioned but adorably un-informed"?

2. Read my Post 15. In it the ACN Publicity Secretary will explain why his Party needs at least N240 million for just the National Assembly Elections. We, the PDP, co-sign his statement.

3. Finally, I know of Josephine Anenih's history, most people do, so I can afford to give her the benefit of the doubt, especially when the PointBlankNews report is so amateurishly inaccurate. Now that I have hopefully clearly pointed out the discrepancies in THEIR story, I expect you to be as critically analytic of their report as you tried to be of the Minister's honest response.

So, in summary, she didn't embezzle the money meant for the Trust Fund - the funds were publicly given to female aspirants. UNDP played no part AT ALL in this matter - it was UNIFEM (aka UN Women). No money was given to her by the Party for Anambra Women, and the bone of contention about the money released by the Party is that while some want to pocket it, she wants to use it for its intended purpose: the elections.

If this were a math exam, at this point I'd write QED. But it's not. So I won't.
wink
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by nduchucks: 11:15pm On Apr 05, 2011
@papadonkee, err you seem to hold this Miss(or Mrs or MS) Anenih is very high regards. In fact your defense of her so far has been impressive. I for one, am not so sure that this lady is not an opportunist and user, who makes it easy for people to think she is crooked.

why she still keep dat last name (after divorcing over 10 years ago) if no be say she wan use am for political (monetary) benefits? Just asking o.
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by papadonkee: 12:10am On Apr 06, 2011
@1025
My two best Nigerian websites are Nigeria Village Square and Nairaland, mainly because there is always a lively, intelligent debate lying in ambush around the corner. Your comments, no disrespect intended, are sort of lowering the bar on this thread. I'm sure there is a rational explanation for this, so I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt where, ordinarily, I would hit my computer's mute button.

With this argument about Jesus and lion-killers, I don't know where to start, but I'll give it a soldier's shot. Here goes nothing,

That your little knowledge of divorce involves name changing doesn't mean women don't hold onto their husband's names. Luckily, I have actually heard Josephine Anenih address this very question on a radio programme. To paraphrase her response, she said that when she met Chief Anenih he was a nobody policeman. She work alongside him to build several businesses including a car dealership and hotels, gave birth to 7 children (thanks, Google), and after almost 3 decades you want HER to give up HER NAME? She said, then, that she would not do it.

And check out Tina Turner - na her papa name be Turner, abi? She too na criminal, abi? Or what about criminal mastermind Susan Sarandon who, when she's not robbing banks, is picking up Oscars at the Academy Awards.

Apart from Josephine's ministerial appointment, she was the first PDP National Woman Leader, President of the Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA), National Treasurer Federation of Tourism Associations in Nigeria (FTAN), Special Adviser to the President on Women Affairs, member of the Gender Electoral and Constitutional Memoranda Committee, and PDP Board of Trustee Member. Again, I don't need to know her to be able to do a Wikipedia search on her.

I will respond to your unfortunate comment on inter-tribal marriage by simply saying you represent a society we are trying to move away from. I know your kind. Soon you'll share your religion-supported belief that women are inferior to men.

Obviously you have a personal axe to grind with this particular woman, and maybe women in general. That my friend, is a problem I cannot help you with.

On a lighter note, I Googled Judas, and came up with these beauties:

Judas Thomas Didymus, commonly referred to as Saint Thomas and Doubting Thomas
Judas Thaddaeus, son of James, one of the twelve apostles
Judas Barsabbas, an emissary of the Church of Jerusalem to the Church at Antioch.
Judas of Galilee, also Judas of Gamala, Jewish revolt leader
Judas, in whose house on the Street called Straight in Damascus Saul of Tarsus regained his sight
Judas Cyriacus, man said to have assisted Helena of Constantinople find the True Cross
Judas Maccabeus, a founder of the Hasmonean dynasty
Judas Priest, grammy award winning music band

Even in the Bible, we see that Judas does not have to mean traitor, Iyom Josephine ANENIH, na you biko!
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by Nobody: 12:30am On Apr 06, 2011
Lol at last response, you have to give it to this guy, he is very smart and witty. Lol
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by papadonkee: 12:54am On Apr 06, 2011
@Aisha2, you no go sleep?

If your man Buhari win by mistake, remember me in una Paradise o!  grin
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by Nobody: 1:00am On Apr 06, 2011
We dey here dey plan campaign.
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by Akainzo(m): 8:50am On Apr 06, 2011
papadonkee:

The debt relief that Nigeria is obtaining is a key component of the challenge of meeting the MDGs in Nigeria. One of the key benefits is the elimination of unsustainable annual debt service payments to external creditors. The additional US$1 billion that the FGN will save every year for the next 20 or more years will now be spent on providing primary education, primary health care, rural infrastructure, electrification, water supply and other key poverty reducing sectors. For this reason, the Presidency has set up a new office, the MDG office, to ensure procedures are put in place to effectively use the proceeds of debt relief for these purposes.

Like I said, I am reluctant to call you a liar. Can we settle for "well-intentioned but adorably un-informed"?

2. Read my Post 15. In it the ACN Publicity Secretary will explain why his Party needs at least N240 million for just the National Assembly Elections. We, the PDP, co-sign his statement.

So, in summary, she didn't embezzle the money meant for the Trust Fund - the funds were publicly given to female aspirants. UNDP played no part AT ALL in this matter - it was UNIFEM (aka UN Women). No money was given to her by the Party for Anambra Women, and the bone of contention about the money released by the Party is that while some want to pocket it, she wants to use it for its intended purpose: the elections.

@papadonkee, Thanks for coming back on this.

Let me reiterate to you clear once again, the pointblanknews IS NOT my basis for picking the holes, thus I aint interested in them. I got interested when I read her rejoinder and I saw some logical holes in them.

Now to the items. Let me quote from the interview of the SSA

"EC: How are the MDGs funded?

Make it very clear that overall, all budgets within the country attend to the MDGs in one way or another, and that is it. For instance, the state governments pay the teachers and education, and portable water, but we don’t exactly communicate that as well. I mean if you do an evaluation you will see. The MDGs office money comes from debt relief gain. What that means is that when we got the debt relief, we made a saving. It is not money that was given to us in touch and feel. It is a saving that we made. So instead of just sort of melting into the budget, we decided that let us put it as a line item: set it aside in a virtual poverty fund and dedicate it towards MDGs related events that will increase and leverage our ability to get the MDGs, and so it comes totally from that.

Like I said, all monies saved from not paying debts/associated interest accrues to the federation account and is shared to all tiers of govt. The above confirms it, just that the FGN and States have an understanding to try and ensure that monies that would hitherto have been spent servicing such debts are diverted towards the MDG. To buttress, since not all states owed equal amounts (some states did not even owe), would each state then not budget towards the MDG?
Yes I agree that our debt relief made more money available to the federation account and it was one of the selling points for the debt relief but saying that is the sole source of funds is stretching it too thin. You can check our budget since the debt relief and calculate how much have gone to education and other MDG goals.

That ACN needs 240 million on election days does not support your stance. Irrespective of whether a lady is contesting or not, PDP would still need polling agents on election day. Thus they need not provide special money for women except to help them in their campaigns. Example, for the NASS elections, I am a volunteer polling agent and would cover for all party aspirants on that day, we would not require an extra person just because one of the candidates is a woman, would we?

You believe she didn't embezzle because she gave out cheques to some people on inauguration day! Ok, let me give this illustration, if she was given 150M, and she gave out cheques of One Million to 100 aspirants, (note a 100 is quite a crowd), would that imply that she did not embezzle 50M? To clear the air, it would be a simple statement of accounts or a more transparent rejoinder stating how much was given and how many aspirants.

BTW, I noted that while you alluded to the funds being provided by UNIFEM (now UNDFW), she did not provide that in her rejoinder but only claimed that UNDP was not involved. She cleverly left out that another organ of the Un was involved, and note that UNDP and UNDFW are close enough for someone to juxtapose or mistake them one for another.

As you'd notice, I'd ignored your attempt to impugn my person. Stick to the discourse we are engaged in.
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by papadonkee: 6:05pm On Apr 06, 2011
Akainzo:

Yes I agree that our debt relief made more money available to the federation account and it was one of the selling points for the debt relief but saying that is the sole source of funds is stretching it too thin. You can check our budget since the debt relief and calculate how much have gone to education and other MDG goals.

That ACN needs 240 million on election days does not support your stance. Irrespective of whether a lady is contesting or not, PDP would still need polling agents on election day. Thus they need not provide special money for women except to help them in their campaigns. Example, for the NASS elections, I am a volunteer polling agent and would cover for all party aspirants on that day, we would not require an extra person just because one of the candidates is a woman, would we?

You believe she didn't embezzle because she gave out cheques to some people on inauguration day! Ok, let me give this illustration, if she was given 150M, and she gave out cheques of One Million to 100 aspirants, (note a 100 is quite a crowd), would that imply that she did not embezzle 50M? To clear the air, it would be a simple statement of accounts or a more transparent rejoinder stating how much was given and how many aspirants.

BTW, I noted that while you alluded to the funds being provided by UNIFEM (now UNDFW), she did not provide that in her rejoinder but only claimed that UNDP was not involved. She cleverly left out that another organ of the Un was involved, and note that UNDP and UNDFW are close enough for someone to juxtapose or mistake them one for another.

As you'd notice, I'd ignored your attempt to impugn my person. Stick to the discourse we are engaged in.

Bros, this back and forth is becoming tiresome. You stated that UNDP is providing funds through MDG Office. Prove it. I have provided evidence that the SSA MDG Office is funded from debt relief savings. Please provide similar evidence of UNDP providing money to that same Office, or drop this journey down a dead-end road. The report said UNDP provided millions of dollars to the fund. Can you provide any other link that supports this? If you can't (and you won't be able to), doesn't it conclusively prove that at least that part of the report is wrong? That Moses drew water from a rock doesn't mean that you should try to.

You asked what PDP needs funds on election day for. The ACN spokesman told you they need it for the mobilisation of their agents, and other logistics. If ACN needs money, how come you feel it doesn't support my stance that PDP will also need money? At least you agree with me that providing money for "Anambra women", as the report alleges, makes no sense. The minister actually denied that she received money for women from the Party, so I'm glad you agree with her.

And you are confusing yourself. No one said she was given N150m for the Trust Fund. The original fake grin allegation was that PDP gave her N150m for women, which she embezzled. This, as you suggested, makes no sense. Be clear, read the original story again if it will help, no specific amount of money was mentioned with regards to the Trust Fund - just UNDP's contribution of millions of dollars. We've since proven that this is not true, haven't we?

And I'm sorry (apologies to anyone who might not like what I have to say next), but Akainzo, even though I won't call you a liar, I will say that you tell lies. The Minister did not mention UNIFEM in her rejoinder? That is a bare-faced lie, and until you retract and apologise for your own attempts to further discredit this woman, me and you are done. For those wondering why I'm so irate at this guy's attempt to twist the truth, let me paste a portion of the minister's rejoinder below:

"The fund the report refers to is the Nigerian Women Trust Fund (www.nigerianwomentrustfund.com). It was set up by the Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development, the Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on MDGs, UN Women, and a coalition of women-focused NGOs. While the MDG Office provided cash, the UN Women agreed to provide material aid and support. We launched the Fund on Wednesday, the 23rd of March, 2011. Some of you may have seen me that day on television after the Federal Executive Council Meeting, explaining the need to support women politicians technically and financially. Most national dailies also covered the launch. At the launch, cheques were presented to female aspirants as certified by INEC"

FYI, UN Women used to be called UNIFEM. I made this clear, many many times. Please also note that madam minister made it clear that there was no direct financial contribution from UN Women to the Fund. Typically, UN agencies pay suppliers for providing products and services - they hardly ever make direct cash contributions. The frustrating thing is that ALL OF THIS INFORMATION IS ON THE INTERNET.

My people, these guys dey frustrate me. I'm done. I just hope some of you will give josephine anenih the benefit of the doubt. You don't have to believe her, but she deserves that at least.

Donkee, out
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 06, 2011
You guys are not tired. Same arguement for days, are you reading each others response at all?
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by papadonkee: 6:18pm On Apr 06, 2011
@debrief08 the thing tire me o! I come dey wonder whether my posts dey show sef. Sorry joh, I bin don waka before o!

Donkee, out, for real this time wink
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by 1025: 7:04pm On Apr 06, 2011
@1025
My two best Nigerian websites are Nigeria Village Square and Nairaland, mainly because there is always a lively, intelligent debate lying in ambush around the corner. Your comments, no disrespect intended, are sort of lowering the bar on this thread. I'm sure there is a rational explanation for this, so I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt where, ordinarily, I would hit my computer's mute button.

With this argument about Jesus and lion-killers, I don't know where to start, but I'll give it a soldier's shot. Here goes nothing,

That your little knowledge of divorce involves name changing doesn't mean women don't hold onto their husband's names. Luckily, I have actually heard Josephine Anenih address this very question on a radio programme. To paraphrase her response, she said that when she met Chief Anenih he was a nobody policeman. She work alongside him to build several businesses including a car dealership and hotels, gave birth to 7 children (thanks, Google), and after almost 3 decades you want HER to give up HER NAME? She said, then, that she would not do it.

And check out Tina Turner - na her papa name be Turner, abi? She too na criminal, abi? Or what about criminal mastermind Susan Sarandon who, when she's not robbing banks, is picking up Oscars at the Academy Awards.

Apart from Josephine's ministerial appointment, she was the first PDP National Woman Leader, President of the Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA), National Treasurer Federation of Tourism Associations in Nigeria (FTAN), Special Adviser to the President on Women Affairs, member of the Gender Electoral and Constitutional Memoranda Committee, and PDP Board of Trustee Member. Again, I don't need to know her to be able to do a Wikipedia search on her.

I will respond to your unfortunate comment on inter-tribal marriage by simply saying you represent a society we are trying to move away from. I know your kind. Soon you'll share your religion-supported belief that women are inferior to men.

Obviously you have a personal axe to grind with this particular woman, and maybe women in general. That my friend, is a problem I cannot help you with.

On a lighter note, I Googled Judas, and came up with these beauties:

Judas Thomas Didymus, commonly referred to as Saint Thomas and Doubting Thomas
Judas Thaddaeus, son of James, one of the twelve apostles
Judas Barsabbas, an emissary of the Church of Jerusalem to the Church at Antioch.
Judas of Galilee, also Judas of Gamala, Jewish revolt leader
Judas, in whose house on the Street called Straight in Damascus Saul of Tarsus regained his sight
Judas Cyriacus, man said to have assisted Helena of Constantinople find the True Cross
Judas Maccabeus, a founder of the Hasmonean dynasty
Judas Priest, grammy award winning music band

Even in the Bible, we see that Judas does not have to mean traitor, Iyom Josephine ANENIH, na you biko!

@papadonkey,
u have done a good job here and pls do not forget, no one knows it all. i am ready to learn all the time.
on the issue of divorce and name, what if josephine happens to re-marry? since you know the bible, are you aware that we are ask to reject satan and all his works? how is this woman ready to leave tony annenih and stick to his name? the story is not straight uncle. life has its mysteries and u can only see within ur horizone.
what do u have to say about criminalities? is it a blood thing or an infectious disease? since you have been follwoing their family history, how many of their 7 children steals like i gave you example with the obasanjo family where iyabo obasanjo takes to the family heritage(stealing). do u think that matured criminals like bode george will not have one of his children take after him in that profession(stealing)?
if u call my knowledge little because i asked why the woman is still bearing the name of the man she left 20 years ago, what name did u call those who asked her the same question on tv(according to u)?
i don't know if u are married or not, but when a woman gets married to a man, there is always a change of name to that of the man's family and if for any reason, the woman says, i no marry again, she will either go back to her family name or get a new one from the new husband.
do u have any idea of the name of the divorced wife of obasanjo's son at the moment? is it still moji obasanjo? if yes, maybe obasanjo has finally accepted to marry her and if no, it is because she is divorced.
if u will let me lecture u a little here, there is seperation in marriage and there is also divorce. a woman can leave the husband for certain reasons like, if you stop stealing public funds, i will come back. if you stop killing ppl, i will come back. if you open that secret room in your house, i will come back. that is seperation. but when a eucharia anunobi -ekwu goes to court for a divorce and gets it, she will stop answering ekwu and get a new name. when josephine divorced annenih, they were surposed to share their assets that is if there was an official divorce.
like i said, i like learning and i will be happy to get answers and more information on all the highlighted issues here. God bless u.
Re: Josephine Anenih, Pockets Pdp Anambra Women N150m: Group Alleges by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 06, 2011
1025:

@papadonkey,
u have done a good job here and pls do not forget, no one knows it all. i am ready to learn all the time.
on the issue of divorce and name, what if josephine happens to re-marry? since you know the bible, are you aware that we are ask to reject satan and all his works? how is this woman ready to leave tony annenih and stick to his name? the story is not straight uncle. life has its mysteries and u can only see within your horizone.
what do u have to say about criminalities? is it a blood thing or an infectious disease? since you have been follwoing their family history, how many of their 7 children steals like i gave you example with the obasanjo family where iyabo obasanjo takes to the family heritage(stealing). do u think that matured criminals like bode george will not have one of his children take after him in that profession(stealing)?
if u call my knowledge little because i asked why the woman is still bearing the name of the man she left 20 years ago, what name did u call those who asked her the same question on tv(according to u)?

i don't know if u are married or not, but when a woman gets married to a man, there is always a change of name to that of the man's family and if for any reason, the woman says, i no marry again, she will either go back to her family name or get a new one from the new husband.
do u have any idea of the name of the divorced wife of obasanjo's son at the moment? is it still moji obasanjo? if yes, maybe obasanjo has finally accepted to marry her and if no, it is because she is divorced.
if u will let me lecture u a little here, there is seperation in marriage and there is also divorce. a woman can leave the husband for certain reasons like, if you stop stealing public funds, i will come back. if you stop killing ppl, i will come back. if you open that secret room in your house, i will come back. that is seperation. but when a eucharia anunobi -ekwu goes to court for a divorce and gets it, she will stop answering ekwu and get a new name. when josephine divorced annenih, they were surposed to share their assets that is if there was an official divorce.
like i said, i like learning and i will be happy to get answers and more information on all the highlighted issues here. God bless u.
@ the bolded part, now this is just low, sorry to say but that is low. The kids have their own lives and its not nice to bring them into this except they have been fund wanting

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Decision To Support Libyan Rebels Was Not Hasty - FG / Onitsha-oweri Road Completed By Pdp-led FGN / Major General Ihejirika Owns APO Building Where 9 Squatters Are Killed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.