Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? (8747 Views)

"I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian / Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures / Is Nigeria A Visa-free Country To Gambia With My Nigerian Ecowas Passport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? by Kokscity(m): 1:03am On Feb 07, 2006
I recently became a US Citizen, and as many of you know, i am big on the US. I am wondering what to do with my Nigerian Passport. Hell, it has been a challenge travelling with it around the world, for the last ten years. I need suggestions on what to do with the boring green passport,especially now that i have gone "Blue". Can i donate it? Frame it or Just straight up burn it? Or maybe keep it as a memorabilia?

Kokscity is Proud to be American!
Re: What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? by Kokscity(m): 1:06am On Feb 07, 2006
Damn! this is my first Post. Please patronize this post with honest suggestions. I am giving my self till the end of the month to make a decision on what the hell i am going to do with my Nigerian Passport.
Re: What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? by Hotstepper(f): 5:51am On Feb 07, 2006
@Kokscity, congratz oooooooooo..i guess itz not easy.i try 2 imagine how u feel cuz i haven't experienced it yet. cheesy..i know u r happy 2 be an american now and trying 2 know wat 2 do with ur 9ja passport tongue..u also know dat american passport is a threat all ova da world now dat americans claim 2 be canadians now and even come 2 canada 2 be live and be canadians sef......9erian passport as much as i can't wait 2 get mine diz summer hopefully gat itz advantage and disadvantage ooo.. advantage is dat u don't have 2 pay 2 get ur visa and have 2 pay 2 take all those vaccines and won't be limited 2 stay just certan period of time as they have been doing 2 me and disavantage is dat da immigration officers will looking at u but it will be diff. if u issue ur passport 4rom da states dere other dan in 9eria cuz they will know itz not fake or suspecting it 2 be fake rather..ma dear, keep it, when going 2 9ja, u go with 9erian one and upon coming back, u come with da american datz all...hope 2 get mine diz summer and see how it feels 2 have a GREEN passport tongue..congratz once more..am happy 4 u
Re: What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? by dejiolowe: 7:13am On Feb 07, 2006
frame it. naija is not that bad. we will be great some days (may be a 10000 years time)
Re: What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? by rikkyjen(m): 7:41am On Feb 07, 2006
KokSity...You never hear of dual citzenship?so because you have an american pali,you now want to bone naija passport...its cool but when you going back to naija,you gonna pay visa fees and immigration bois go disturb you for airport until you pay egunje
Re: What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? by debanjee(m): 7:57am On Feb 07, 2006
b
Re: What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? by dejiolowe: 8:37am On Feb 07, 2006
debanjee:

A no brainer. U wont be the first nigerian to hold two or more passport. Your probably just carried away with the excitement of holding an american one or trying to pose for us. smiley smiley
u too get bad belle. someone was confused and ask u for help and all u can do is run ur fingers... na wa for u.
Re: What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? by Seun(m): 11:25am On Feb 07, 2006
Koscity is not confused, he is "proud to be American" and he wants us to envy him. Nothing bad about that! smiley
Re: What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? by Kokscity(m): 1:53pm On Feb 07, 2006
@Hotstepper

Good points, but if you read my post, you will know that i do not have anything to do with a Nigerian Passport. I am a die hard Fan of the USA. And when i swore in, they whole USCIS office knew i was proud to be an American. My point is i do not want dual citizenship and if i have to go home, i will get a visa. I will rather die American, than carry two passports while travelling. This ain't no joke. Infact i am looking to Join the Marines or US Army soon.(If i can pass boot camp). There is no sentiments here people i just need to know what i should do with that green passport. Please more suggestions. Maybe i can return it to the Nigerian embassy in NYC?
@Debanjee
Trust me i am not Posing for you or anyone else.You do not have anything to gain or lose.Read my previous threads from my profile, and you will see why i am doing what i am doing.
Kokscity will continue to Live free or die!!!!!
Re: What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? by debanjee(m): 2:58pm On Feb 07, 2006
c
Re: What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? by Hotstepper(f): 3:48pm On Feb 07, 2006
hmmm at diz point, dunno wutelse 2 say..if u don't want anything 2 do with da green passport, u shouldn't have been asking us 4 our advice cuz da answer is pretty easy..BURN IT and do away with it........u shal surely die american since u'all r enemy of every country i would say..as sum1 about having his UK/EU passport for ova 10 yrs, i have had mine all ma life and da having 2 pay 2 get visa and all isn't 4nny 2 me again dat i must get ma 9erian passport..AM PROUD 2 BE BOTH NIGERIAN AND CANADIAN perioddddd......... but good luck sha and hope u get into da marine. tongue
Re: What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? by Terry1(m): 4:30pm On Feb 07, 2006
Shasho's Cyber Cafe,
                                                                                        # 13 Gyado Hospital Rd,
                                                                                         Gboko,
                                                                                         Benue State - Nigeria.
                                                                                         7th Feb., 2006
Kokscity,
The US Marines,
U. S. A.

Dear Sir,

APPLICATION FOR A GREEN PASSPORT

Sir, I humbly write to apply for your green passport with reference to your advert on Nairaland forum on the 7th of February, 2006.

I am a health young Nigerian who haven't seen a green passport before.

I promise to do my best to make use of this passport.

I shall be very glad if my request is granted.

Thanks,
                                                                                                   Yours Faithfully,
                                                                                                   John Terry
Re: What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? by Kokscity(m): 5:55pm On Feb 07, 2006
@Terry

I am not yet a marine, I said i am going to see if i can join them or the US Army. I also will have to turn down your application, because sounds like you might have bad intentions and i smell fraud. But consider your request denied!
Re: What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? by vichel(m): 7:48pm On Feb 07, 2006
@ Terry cheesy cheesy grin. Some people wan burn their green, while some nor even fit get am. emmm life tongue
Re: What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? by layi(m): 8:38pm On Feb 07, 2006
Cool
Re: What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? by chillin(f): 8:44pm On Feb 07, 2006
Kokscity!!!! boi!! u ain't normal! lol lol nawww
Re: What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? by virozuru(f): 8:52pm On Feb 07, 2006
Re: What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? by Kokscity(m): 10:03pm On Feb 07, 2006
@Layi

Na wa for you Oh! No make i open your nyash for this post. U know say i no send you any message abi?. U need to watch what comes out of your mouth bro. U are now a Hater all of a sudden abi? Men Grow the Bleep up!!!!!! Shame on you..........

@Zuru
Thanks my sister. I see you are stirring things up in the Racism section. U have "Balls of Steel". Do not let anyone intimidate you.
Re: What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? by virozuru(f): 10:06pm On Feb 07, 2006
Re: What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? by mochafella(m): 10:08pm On Feb 07, 2006
Kokscity:

@Zuru
Thanks my sister. I see you are stirring things up in the Racism section. U have "Balls of Steel". Do not let anyone intimidate you.

Shouldn't that be boobs of steel grin
Re: What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? by Kokscity(m): 10:17pm On Feb 07, 2006
@Mocha

She is a tough chic. She has some balls of steel. Some men in here have Boobs of steel.Virozuru never backs down. I can tell you from experience.......I have felt her "Bite"
Re: What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? by Kokscity(m): 10:20pm On Feb 07, 2006
@Mocha

What kind of name is that anyway? It sounds like something str8 out of starbucks.So what do suggest i do with my green passport? It still has some valid Visas in it. To the UK and Schegen Visas still valid.
Re: What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? by mochafella(m): 12:41am On Feb 08, 2006
Kokscity:

@Mocha

What kind of name is that anyway? It sounds like something str8 out of starbucks.So what do suggest i do with my green passport? It still has some valid Visas in it. To the UK and Schegen Visas still valid.

yes, "mocha" is coffee, arabian I beleive. It's also another way of refering to "dark brown". So Mochafella == Dark Brown Fellow.

Keep the passport, such valuable documents should not be tossed, except it is necessary. Besides, "once an immigrant, always an immigrant" especially if you are 1st generation. Keeping it is not a reflection on your love/hate for your new/old nationality, I see it as a matter of practicality. If anything, you can show your grand-kids when you have them.
Re: What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? by Kokscity(m): 3:10am On Feb 08, 2006
@Mocha

That is a great point. Thanks Bro!
Re: What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? by layi(m): 11:46am On Feb 08, 2006
Huh??
Re: What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? by Kokscity(m): 8:16pm On Feb 27, 2006
@Topic

I have one more day, before i make a decision on my Nigerian Passport. If you have any ideas please post.

Thanks
Re: What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? by Kokscity(m): 5:04pm On Feb 28, 2006
@Topic

Thanks for all your contributions people. I will take Mocahfella's advice, and keep it as a historic document. I am a first generation American, and therefore when or if i ever have kids, i want them to know my journey, and some of their history. Thanks Mocha!

Kokscity is Proud to be An American,
Re: What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? by dblock(m): 7:01am On Mar 05, 2006
U'll never give up my bro kokscity keep trying.
Re: What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? by omu(m): 4:45pm On Mar 05, 2006
Kudos,is that your history? look my brother you are still (AFRICAN lipsrsealed AMERICA) anyway, you realy work hard to get the pali, but one day you will remember where you belong, please; no place be like home grin
Re: What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? by Akolawole(m): 11:32pm On Mar 16, 2006
Original Americans knows themselves, but "being what you are is the best".

Go and ask John Fashanu: British/Nigeria
Linford Christie : British/Jamaica

Even our own Harry Akande will have story to tell you.
Re: What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? by adidison(m): 12:03pm On Mar 28, 2006
OMO GIVE PERSON THAT PASSPORT MAKE HE COMOT FROM THIS ZONE,  Ur talking of history and showing your kids ur journey,  hahahahaha!!!! Come on Man!! I will send the Roots Video so u can show them Kunta Kinte, they will see ur tru journey.

DONT MIND ME. You made the right decision of keeping it and congrats. U really deserve the american citizen stuff, HABA DAN ALLAH even americans no like the america like u ma. But me I am a ANTI-NIGERIAN so I just dey wait make revolution start. (  shocked u didnt hear that from me  lipsrsealed)
Re: What To Do With My Nigerian Passport? by tunde2000: 6:59pm On Apr 10, 2006
Na whaoo remeber say b4 u get us pali na 9ja pali u get,u
use enter Usa,now wey god don help you,u one burn our pali no be so,u should keep d pali,9ja is the best land ok 4get about wetin dey usa,one day u will come back 2 9ja,i be runs man and i know wats going on so 4get abt burning thd green pali.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 5 Exotic And Mind Blowing Holiday destinations in Africa / Any Nigerian Living In Kuwait? / At Last I Have Been Granted A Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.