Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,342 members, 7,860,868 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:43 PM

FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension (23924 Views)

First Lagos-Ibadan Container Train Sets Off From Apapa Port / Photos Of Apapa Port After Rainfall / Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by SaintLucia: 7:37am On Jan 30, 2021
Cantonese:

Jonathan/PDP initiated boko haram No embarrass yourself here abeg. I advise you to read the history of boko haram please.
Mumu Boko Haram started during Obasanjo era, their leader Yusuf Muhammad was arrested and killed inside Police cell under Yar'adua, they began occupying local government in the northeast where they raise their flag under Jonathan. I know u are still a toddler then, so I forgive your ignorance. Let your Jonathan and PDP admit that they initiated Boko Haram, kidnapping and farmers/herdsmen crisis and stop claiming Buhari projects. Your party PDP that embezzled money meant to completed their national secretarial should lie low for now.

1 Like

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Okoroawusa: 7:52am On Jan 30, 2021
I Love PMB
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Josywhyte: 8:00am On Jan 30, 2021
u call this complete?
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Okoroawusa: 8:01am On Jan 30, 2021
BobbyZrealist:
That is good.

But the way BMO Zombies are climaxing over the issue is stupid. Every little opportunity they see they jump like senseless miscreants, with that same old line,"Baba is the best thing that happen to Nigeria since sliced bread",or the 16 years talk.
Forgetting that Five years down the line ,after borrowing billions of dollars what we have is an uncompleted project.
All Presidents have projects to show no matter their incompetence,even Abacha.

So my friends Buhari is not doing anyone a favour,that is what he is suppose to do.
Even clueless GEJ built 13 new Federal universities in 5 years, one is in my state the other in the dullards state Katsina.
Jonathan didn't BUILD "13 new federal universities in 5 years". He ESTABLISHED "13 new federal universities in 5 years". I am not condenming what he did but please get your facts right. Most universities in Nigeria starts on temporary sites or with little or no infrastructures on permanent sites and add as time goes on.

1 Like

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Acidosis(m): 8:02am On Jan 30, 2021
One positive news from the FG.
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by gtown: 8:06am On Jan 30, 2021
Oh Buhari, my amiable president! You so far remains the best president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by arsenal33: 8:08am On Jan 30, 2021
Coronavirus1:

The project are Goodluck Jonathan project but Buhari has don well by not abandoning the project though to me he is a failure in many ways
dem don come again o. Na dem do am. Audio projects people
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Slurity(m): 8:09am On Jan 30, 2021
God bless Nigeria. God bless BUHARI my President.
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Mouhstorph5(m): 8:10am On Jan 30, 2021
litigator:
Some persons won't like this. Especially those trucking (logistics) companies and their employees. Downsizing is coming.

This kinda reminds me of the popular Glo advert, wherein a certain kid kept yelling "it's coming, it's coming" Some persons might soon be jobless and its coming.

The question is what should an employee expect in this regard? Least I forget, I think we should do a thread on workplace injuries (industrial accidents), employee compensation plan and the position of the law.

Like, if you think we show educate our ignorance in this regard, especially as it concerns contract staff.

Would love to drink from your wealth of knowledge sir
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by pfadom: 8:11am On Jan 30, 2021
But PMB is a liability regarding the welfare, human dignity and security of lives and property.

blamingthedevil:
President Buhari is the best Nigeria President ever in term of infrastructure, accountability,probity, sincerity and keeping to promises.

God Bless President Buhari
God Bless APC
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Slurity(m): 8:11am On Jan 30, 2021
This government keep achieving without distraction. We will miss this man when he leave
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by 27Pushing30: 8:12am On Jan 30, 2021
You can’t take trucks off the roads

Haven’t you been following Brexit? Can’t you see how important the trucking sector was in their negotiations with EU?

Haven’t you checked America out? Ever heard of 16 -18 wheelers?

It’s demonized here because of our bad roads and transport systems

And also we don’t produce ANYTHING so cost of acquiring a truck that’s 10 years old sef is high so we left with trucks that are over 70 years old lol
Femich18:
Good. I hope sanity returns to that road since trucks and trailers will be cleared off the road

1 Like

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by AK481(m): 8:12am On Jan 30, 2021
solmusdesigns:
cool

Ibadan dry port is about to turn Oyo State around for good... Containers from Apapa gets transferred to Ibadan for clearance through the new rail

Time for smart people to go buy land around the critical points, and position themselves for cashing out through land banking and investment

Igbos will not invest in Ibadan .the rail should be transferred to onitsha, that the best and acceptable standard
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by twilliamx(m): 8:13am On Jan 30, 2021
Coronavirus1:

The project are Goodluck Jonathan project but Buhari has don well by not abandoning the project though to me he is a failure in many ways

On paper maybe! But in reality give to the man that has used is 6 years in improving infrastructure unlike the latter that was borrowing to pay salaries during the oil boom..

PS: fuckkkk Buhari....dead people can't use infrastructures. He should improve in securing the lives of the people so that we can enjoy the infrastructures peaceably
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Slurity(m): 8:13am On Jan 30, 2021
pfadom:
But PMB is a liability regarding the welfare, human dignity and security of lives and property.

Remove welfare from your accusations. I agree with the remaining two. But no government can be perfect in every aspect. Learn to appreciate the one he is doing well
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by AK481(m): 8:15am On Jan 30, 2021
litigator:
Some persons won't like this. Especially those trucking (logistics) companies and their employees. Downsizing is coming.

This kinda reminds me of the popular Glo advert, wherein a certain kid kept yelling "it's coming, it's coming" Some persons might soon be jobless and its coming.

The question is what should an employee expect in this regard? Least I forget, I think we should do a thread on workplace injuries (industrial accidents), employee compensation plan and the position of the law.

Like, if you think we show educate our ignorance in this regard, especially as it concerns contract staff.

Story, igbos will continue to use the road to transport their good until the rail is linked to onitsha

QED.
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Cantonese: 8:17am On Jan 30, 2021
SaintLucia:
Mumu Boko Haram started during Obasanjo era, their leader Yusuf Muhammad was arrested and killed inside Police cell under Yar'adua, they began occupying local government in the northeast where they raise their flag under Jonathan. I know u are still a toddler then, so I forgive your ignorance. Let your Jonathan and PDP admit that they initiated Boko Haram, kidnapping and farmers/herdsmen crisis and stop claiming Buhari projects. Your party PDP that embezzled money meant to completed their national secretarial should lie low for now.

Your manners are very poor. Attending school does not translate to proper education, knowledge, intellectualism or wisdom.

“PDP initiated boko haram” is what you said earlier and repeated. “Yusuf Muhammad was arrested and killed inside police cell under Yaradua”. The question was how did PDP initiate boko haram? And yet you use the word “mumu” when you did not answer the question.

Did PDP give Yusuf the idea of setting off the sect? Did PDP indoctrinate their members on “western education is bad”? Do you understand the word “initiate”? Please use your dictionary properly and then respond to the question intellectually.

“I know you are still a toddler then”. Just imagine that English. Not being able to differentiate past past and present tenses.
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by michoim(m): 8:21am On Jan 30, 2021
Infrastructural revolution. God bless PMB. God bless Amaechi. God bless Nigeria. The enemies are not happy though...
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by solmusdesigns: 8:21am On Jan 30, 2021
AK481:

Igbos will not invest in Ibadan .the rail should be transferred to onitsha, that the best and acceptable standard

Who cares if Ibo invest or not.. this is feasible investment opportunity and business men would troop in

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by SaintLucia: 8:23am On Jan 30, 2021
Cantonese:

Your manners are very poor. Attending school does not translate to proper education, knowledge, intellectualism or wisdom.

“PDP initiated boko haram” is what you said earlier and repeated. “Yusuf Muhammad was arrested and killed inside police cell under Yaradua”. The question was how did PDP initiate boko haram? And yet you use the word “mumu” when you did not answer the question.

Did PDP give Yusuf the idea of setting off the sect? Did PDP indoctrinate their members on “western education is bad”? Do you understand the word “initiate”? Please use your dictionary properly and then respond to the question intellectually.

“I know you are still a toddler then”. Just imagine that English. Not being able to differentiate past past and present tenses.
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Cantonese: 8:38am On Jan 30, 2021
27Pushing30:
You can’t take trucks off the roads

Haven’t you been following Brexit? Can’t you see how important the trucking sector was in their negotiations with EU?

Haven’t you checked America out? Ever heard of 16 -18 wheelers?

It’s demonized here because of our bad roads and transport systems

And also we don’t produce ANYTHING so cost of acquiring a truck that’s 10 years old sef is high so we left with trucks that are over 70 years old lol

Trucking is very good business the world over. What can you do without trucks?

See, politics and corruption make it hard for government to fix the problem of trucks and bad roads around Apapa axis. Be minded also that a lot of those big organizations who face the water front have converted their premises to tank farms. Formerly trucks only picked up goods inside Apapa port. Now trucks need to pick up petroleum products in the tank farms scattered everywhere there.

The ports generate a lot of money. Haulage trucks make a lot of money. It is very competitive and our politicians have invested a lot in it.

NPA has done woefully in organising the ports, especially as it relates to containers and positioning of trucks. Government failed to fix the roads. Truck drivers and owners refuse to behave appropriately because politicians who are owners back them. The various security agencies put in place at the ports see it as a veritable source of wealth making.

Apapa port always had railway running in it. It’s been there for too many years, connected to Oyingbo. Getting it to work may not solve the problem. Trains can only run on designated routes. What will happen to goods not going out of Lagos? What about interstate goods not going to Ibadan. Will owners feel comfortable using trains? Will it be more cost effective for the importer?

Government can do the following:
1. Fix the road network in Apapa and Tin can Island
2. With the use of badges some containers can go to kirikiri to be picked up by trucks and delivered to the bonded terminals.
3. The Orile trailer park must be fixed and expanded enough to contain more trailers.
4. Proper monitoring system must be put in place
5. NPA must organize the ports properly

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by skinny419(m): 8:39am On Jan 30, 2021
blamingthedevil:
President Buhari is the best Nigeria President ever in term of infrastructure, accountability,probity, sincerity and keeping to promises.

God Bless APC
U ARE HIGH ON EKWALE WEED
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Cantonese: 8:40am On Jan 30, 2021
SaintLucia:

With no response to the question, I put it to you that you are a MUNTULA.
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Reference(m): 8:53am On Jan 30, 2021
Exactly what the ports need and what we have been talking about for years. With a rail link and diversification of operations to other coastal locations Nigeria will be able to drive down the cost of production and trade in many ways and it will help to reinvigorate the Nigerian economy. Good one from the government.
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by SaintLucia: 8:59am On Jan 30, 2021
Cantonese:

With no response to the question, I put it to you that you are a MUNTULA.
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by olatunbosun12362: 9:01am On Jan 30, 2021
Oh Buhari, my amiable president! You so far remains the best president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Jungleluv5: 9:03am On Jan 30, 2021
I hope is not audio completion ooo well until I see goods been moved out of the port to other states
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Blackdisciple(m): 9:08am On Jan 30, 2021
blamingthedevil:

God Bless APC

Honestly you are such a wicked fellow for saying this to be honest
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Blackdisciple(m): 9:09am On Jan 30, 2021
That's a good one
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by DrDax: 9:13am On Jan 30, 2021
erico2k2:

bro you know wen you award a project just to settle people?like securing covid vaccines yes nah that kind project be this no impact.

You have every right not to trust the government.

BUT the keyword here is HOPE.

Half Bread is better than puff puff.

The previous administration did nothing.

So....
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by GROWTHSET(m): 9:23am On Jan 30, 2021
I am now relived from Costain,Ijora and Marine bridge palaver.
Nigeria will be better..
Just make sure you don't steal from Government coffer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See Filthy Obalende Bus-stop (PHOTOS) / Top Attractions In Nigeria / Thieves Ransack Arik’s Aircraft At Lagos Airport, Cart Away Vital System Compone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.