Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,335 members, 7,860,827 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:57 PM

FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension (23922 Views)

First Lagos-Ibadan Container Train Sets Off From Apapa Port / Photos Of Apapa Port After Rainfall / Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Lafrresh: 9:54am On Jan 30, 2021
Some Nigerians sha, some of you are still complaining about good news angry
I'M REALLY HAPPY grin I just hope it would be well maintained
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Femeto: 9:58am On Jan 30, 2021
The only way this would work is if we ban the use of trucks and just rail for movement.
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by sleemomymy: 10:04am On Jan 30, 2021
PMB MIGHT NOT BE THE BEST LEADER FOR THIS COUNTRY BUT IN THIS DISPENSATION HE IS THE BEST SO FAR.

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by 27Pushing30: 10:24am On Jan 30, 2021
Succinct analysis and recommendations.

Sometimes I wonder which “evil spirit” Dey that politics sef wey no Dey allow them implement these type of ideas

Cantonese:

Trucking is very good business the world over. What can you do without trucks?

See, politics and corruption make it hard for government to fix the problem of trucks and bad roads around Apapa axis. Be minded also that a lot of those big organizations who face the water front have converted their premises to tank farms. Formerly trucks only picked up goods inside Apapa port. Now trucks need to pick up petroleum products in the tank farms scattered everywhere there.

The ports generate a lot of money. Haulage trucks make a lot of money. It is very competitive and our politicians have invested a lot in it.

NPA has done woefully in organising the ports, especially as it relates to containers and positioning of trucks. Government failed to fix the roads. Truck drivers and owners refuse to behave appropriately because politicians who are owners back them. The various security agencies put in place at the ports see it as a veritable source of wealth making.

Apapa port always had railway running in it. It’s been there for too many years, connected to Oyingbo. Getting it to work may not solve the problem. Trains can only run on designated routes. What will happen to goods not going out of Lagos? What about interstate goods not going to Ibadan. Will owners feel comfortable using trains? Will it be more cost effective for the importer?

Government can do the following:
1. Fix the road network in Apapa and Tin can Island
2. With the use of badges some containers can go to kirikiri to be picked up by trucks and delivered to the bonded terminals.
3. The Orile trailer park must be fixed and expanded enough to contain more trailers.
4. Proper monitoring system must be put in place
5. NPA must organize the ports properly

Cheers.
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by erico2k2(m): 11:11am On Jan 30, 2021
DrDax:

You have every right not to trust the government.

BUT the keyword here is HOPE.

Half Bread is better than puff puff.

The previous administration did nothing.

So....
there lays your problem always quick to blame the previous as if this present FG is wonderfully correct.look %70of those in power now where present during the last FG the quicker yah lot get this the better you can make an informed criticism.
PS.I want full bread cos I pay full tax.that half bread Shyte don't wash it 4 me xcuse my French.
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Basher8583: 12:02pm On Jan 30, 2021
Coronavirus1:

The project are Goodluck Jonathan project but Buhari has don well by not abandoning the project though to me he is a failure in many ways, The youth are suffering the masses are dying of hunger no single good road in south south and south west

Do not blame Buhari for this. Blame the following:
Your governors
Your senators
Your leaders

They are the ones retrogressing you guys.
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Basher8583: 12:14pm On Jan 30, 2021
twilliamx:

On paper maybe! But in reality give to the man that has used is 6 years in improving infrastructure unlike the latter that was borrowing to pay salaries during the oil boom..

PS: fuckkkk Buhari....dead people can't use infrastructures. He should improve in securing the lives of the people so that we can enjoy the infrastructures peaceably

Fvck you too. If you want peace you can start by telling your brother's to stop inciting violence. Those who are not happy with the blickage of free money are the ones creating tension in the country to paint buhari as a poor administrator.

Abi you no dey sleep for house? Are you currently dodging bullets.

Nigeria is not secure and yet our airport arrival lounge is always congested
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by NgwalandAba(m): 12:21pm On Jan 30, 2021
Good news,if he do what is right we will appreciate if he mess up we will complain.

Kudos.
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 12:34pm On Jan 30, 2021
GayPontiff:
The administration dey too much abeg. See all the things they done do for the nation. Over 3000 completed projects Dem too much abeg
3000 completed project?.... u must be kidding me. list just 10 for me

1 Like

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by DrDax: 12:38pm On Jan 30, 2021
erico2k2:

there lays your problem always quick to blame the previous as if this present FG is wonderfully correct.look %70of those in power now where present during the last FG the quicker yah lot get this the better you can make an informed criticism.
PS.I want full bread cos I pay full tax.that half bread Shyte don't wash it 4 me xcuse my French.

Go and collect it.
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by lrdval: 12:47pm On Jan 30, 2021
Nigerian President is a Yoruba man from Lagos. Nigerians open your eyes.
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by pfadom: 1:13pm On Jan 30, 2021
It will be stupid to expect perfection in an unpredictable circumstance. However, concerted effort for fairness, justice and equity must be evident to be convinced of the government's commitment to people's well-being.

Slurity:
Remove welfare from your accusations. I agree with the remaining two. But no government can be perfect in every aspect. Learn to appreciate the one he is doing well
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by otokx(m): 2:07pm On Jan 30, 2021
commendable if true.
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by erico2k2(m): 2:51pm On Jan 30, 2021
DrDax:

Go and collect it.
ofcos collected long time why do you think I left 9ja to the UK in 2000
stay there.
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by FILEBE(m): 3:07pm On Jan 30, 2021
kolaaderin:
Great news. The inland ports can now be serviced by the port hence Decongesting Lagos gradually. APC is a failure, but PDP must be put to history book forever, never again should they rule over Nigerians.

As in a fresh new party that won't accept the old ones that failed in other parties should just become president . It will be a miracle to see an " underdog" win the presidency . It should be that we voted the person enmasse to prove that power belongs to the masses .

1 Like

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Yebedervru: 3:51pm On Jan 30, 2021
AK481:

Igbos will not invest in Ibadan .the rail should be transferred to onitsha, that the best and acceptable standard
Are the igbos the only one using apapa? If igbos don’t want to use it, yorubas and other tribes will use it. So kill yourself

1 Like

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Yebedervru: 3:52pm On Jan 30, 2021
AK481:

Story, igbos will continue to use the road to transport their good until the rail is linked to onitsha

QED.
Stop deceiving yourself. Rails will never be linked to onitsha from Lagos

1 Like

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by AK481(m): 5:26pm On Jan 30, 2021
Yebedervru:

Stop deceiving yourself. Rails will never be linked to onitsha from Lagos

Why?

Any economic reasons ?
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Yebedervru: 5:30pm On Jan 30, 2021
AK481:

Why?

Any economic reasons ?
You’re asking any economic reasons but you aren’t happy about Ibadan dry port. Ibadan is the gateway to other southern states in south west and northern states and it has good road network, better economy than onitsha
Federal government citing dry port in Ibadan knows that’s the logical thing to do as it will ease the pressure off Lagos since Ibadan is big and has many routes for inter states unlike other states
So you hating on the best logical thing to do doesn’t make sense
Igbos aren’t the only ones using port so it doesn’t make sense telling us igbos won’t develop Ibadan when Ibadan is more develop than any city in south east

4 Likes

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by PHAYOL81: 6:27pm On Jan 30, 2021
Coronavirus1:

The project are Goodluck Jonathan project but Buhari has don well by not abandoning the project though to me he is a failure in many ways

For real Lagos-Ibadan rail project, that of Jonathan Com'on! pettiness doesn't suit you, come off it.
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by GidiCars: 9:02pm On Jan 30, 2021
This project is part of Chinese long term plans to connect Central Africa through rail-way to Niger-republic to northern nigeria, all the way to the sea, in order to make it easier to export raw materials to China. Even the Lagos-Ibadan rail is the thinking of the Chinese, buhari has no brain in this. It's part of the agreement clause in the chinese loans which the nigerian government has to honor.
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Blue3k(m): 9:31pm On Jan 30, 2021
GidiCars:
This project is part of Chinese long term plans to connect Central Africa through rail-way to Niger-republic to northern nigeria, all the way to the sea, in order to make it easier to export raw materials to China. Even the Lagos-Ibadan rail is the thinking of the Chinese, buhari has no brain in this. It's part of the agreement clause in the chinese loans which the nigerian government has to honor.

Lol you're a geography challenged conspiracy theorist. The rail moves north south so it cant be part of their plan to connect nigeria to to central Africa. The Lagos Calabar rail would be able to to that assuming it connected to other contries in the future.

Second the niger Republic Nigeria rail connection is being financed by European financiers not chinese.

Ps: map of central America

Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Yebedervru: 9:38pm On Jan 30, 2021
Blue3k:

Lol you're a geography challenged conspiracy theorist. The rail moves north south so it cant be part of their plan to connect nigeria to to central Africa. The Lagos Calabar rail would be able to to that assuming it connected to other contries in the future.

Second the niger Republic Nigeria rail connection is being financed by European financiers not chinese.

Ps: map of central America
Well you’re the one not making sense. Even though kano Niger rail isn’t financed by Chinese
The Lagos kano rail will link up to Nige republic
So everything now is about Lagos - Niger republic
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by OdogwuBlog: 9:41pm On Jan 30, 2021
olaboy33:
Commendable.

I urge the FG to as much as possible reduce the fare for the Lagos-Ibadan train.
This is so the common man can afford it and see it as a better alternative to road transport.

It was a very good thing Pdp was removed Login and Register from power.

They had stayed so long in power that systemic corruption was institutionalized.

They couldn't afford to fix certain things not because the funds were not available but because the source of income of their numerous cronies would be affected.

The APC shouldn't be allowed to stay for too long also.
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Blue3k(m): 9:49pm On Jan 30, 2021
Yebedervru:

Well you’re the one not making sense. Even though kano Niger rail isn’t financed by Chinese
The Lagos kano rail will link up to Nige republic
So everything now is about Lagos - Niger republic

You're rebuttal is nonsensical. You literally admitted he wrong and I'm right. After that you make a strawman arguement because you cant disprove anything I claimed. I never claimed the rails wont connect lagos to Niger Republic. I wrote the rail wont connect central Africa. Your points dont even refute anything I said.
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Yebedervru: 9:50pm On Jan 30, 2021
Blue3k:

You're rebuttal is nonsensical. You literally admitted he wrong and I'm right. After that you make a strawman arguement because you cant disprove anything I claimed. I never claimed the rails wont connect lagos to Niger Republic. I wrote the rail wont connect central Africa. Your points dont even refute anything I said.
But some of his points makes more sense than yours. Since Lagos will be connected to Niger republic, then it has to pass through kano and not calabar and that’s why he made more sense than you
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Blue3k(m): 10:00pm On Jan 30, 2021
Yebedervru:

But some of his points makes more sense than yours. Since Lagos will be connected to Niger republic, then it has to pass through kano and not calabar and that’s why he made more sense than you

Lol your illogical ramblings dont make sense. He claimed thow rail would connect to central Africa which is false. Lagos Calabar can connect central Africa to Nigeria because cross river is by Cameroon which is in central Africa. You're pretty slow if you can't grasp basic geography.

GidiCars:
This project is part of Chinese long term plans to connect Central Africa through rail-way to Niger-republic to northern nigeria
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Yebedervru: 10:15pm On Jan 30, 2021
Blue3k:

Lol your illogical ramblings dont make sense. He claimed thow rail would connect to central Africa which is false. Lagos Calabar can connect central Africa to Nigeria because cross river is by Cameroon which is in central Africa. You're pretty slow if you can't grasp basic geography.

You’re dense and senseless. The main aim is to connect to Niger republic not central Africa. So Lagos kano is the priority
EOD
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by Blue3k(m): 10:20pm On Jan 30, 2021
Yebedervru:

You’re dense and senseless. The main aim is to connect to Niger republic not central Africa. So Lagos kano is the priority
EOD

You're actually mentally challenged it seems. I didnt claim aim was to connect central Africa but the guy you claimed makes sense multiple times did though. Lol you just contradicted your whole arguement admitting I was correct the whole time. Lol you next time stop rambling like a mumu and mind your business EOD.

GidiCars:
This project is part of Chinese long term plans to connect Central Africa through rail-way to Niger-republic to northern nigeria
Blue3k:

Lol you're a geography challenged conspiracy theorist. The rail moves north south so it cant be part of their plan to connect nigeria to to central Africa. The Lagos Calabar rail would be able to do that assuming it connected to other contries in the future.
Re: FG Completes Apapa Port Rail Way Extension by BobbyZrealist(m): 10:22pm On Jan 30, 2021
Okoroawusa:

Jonathan didn't BUILD "13 new federal universities in 5 years". He ESTABLISHED "13 new federal universities in 5 years". I am not condenming what he did but please get your facts right. Most universities in Nigeria starts on temporary sites or with little or no infrastructures on permanent sites and add as time goes on.

Established is the same as set up,start,put in place,build.
Thank u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See Filthy Obalende Bus-stop (PHOTOS) / Top Attractions In Nigeria / Thieves Ransack Arik’s Aircraft At Lagos Airport, Cart Away Vital System Compone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.