Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,370 members, 7,812,091 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

Undetected Sickle Celler - Family (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Undetected Sickle Celler (72120 Views)

Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? / Nigerian Man Marries With ‘fake’ Genotype, Abandons Wife With ‘sickle Cell’ Kids / Advice Concerning : Undetected Sickle Celler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by iamL(f): 8:10pm On Feb 24, 2021
EmmaOgbu:

That is the issue with stripe method. Result is ready b4 1hour.
Electrophoresis method is the best method for genotype test.

Thanks for this imput. I also did mine twice and it came out less than a hour. Probably next if necessary I will use this method.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by iamL(f): 8:14pm On Feb 24, 2021
pragmatistm:
My brother, thanks for the insight you provided on this matter. God bless you. See how people are calling someone they don't even know evil. Even calling me evil because I'm defending her. We are Christians and close family neighbours and someone from nowhere that dont know us is even cursing us. Even raising all sorts of nonexistent theories like she is fucking out, she went to pastor to change AS to AA for her, etc.
How bad people can be!

Now I now have better information. I gather from her discussion with my wife new angle to it. I think in one of the initial tests she has been informed of beta thalasemia in her blood but because she did not understand as a young girl, she started going to other labs for retest and others gave her the AA results.

Very obvious she is your wife.

I like the way u kept defending her. but we should be careful not to deliberately bring an SS child into the world to suffer in the name of love.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by pragmatistm(m): 7:04am On Feb 25, 2021
iamL:

Very obvious she is your wife.

I like the way u kept defending her. but we should be careful not to deliberately bring an SS child into the world to suffer in the name of love.
I tell you in truth, she is not my wife. A close neighbour family. But we are very close as we are same Christian families.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Eauxclaires(f): 9:09am On Feb 25, 2021
slimanyd:

Bro. It's possible o . I did Hyperthetis test times to ascertain my Status . Two different private lab said am positive , While I had to go to a federal hospital to ascertain there claim and lo, I was negative ,I did another one again , same negative , Even did a more stringent test ,Same negative , Imagine , the fear I was carrying up and down during those period. ,So, the curiosity behind all these fake labs can lead to people making mistakes.

It is actually possible that you were positive at one point and negative at another time. Contrary to popular believe in few percentage of people hepatitis B and C resolves (i.e it clears off). mostly due to management.
By the way, when you finally took the vaccine did the doctor tell you to do a profile test whether fo B or C or he just went and gave you the vaccine. I am assuming it is not Hep A.
Then also possible that the lab made mistake
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by iamL(f): 7:04pm On Feb 25, 2021
pragmatistm:
I tell you in truth, she is not my wife. A close neighbour family. But we are very close as we are same Christian families.

Ok
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by rosalieene(f): 8:52am On Mar 03, 2021
EmmaOgbu:

That is the issue with stripe method. Result is ready b4 1hour.
Electrophoresis method is the best method for genotype test.

stripe, really?
I also heard the electrophoresis method isn't always accurate.
But, well whatever it is, the most important thing is for the genotype result to be accurate.
In all the several tests I did, they all turned out same.
cheers
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by pragmatistm(m): 5:36am On Apr 05, 2021
People, I'm just happy to report this now.

We recently use the STC30 therapy for my neighbour's sickle cell 5 year old daughter when she started having crises again.

Let me tell you a little about her. She was admitted for about 3 weeks at Ilaro State hospital and was referred to FMC for better treatment. She spent about 3 weeks again there before she got better and discharged.

Then after less than a month her crises started again. So the mother asked for the STC30 therapy because we have told her about it before.

The results were positive. The girl that could not sleep, play or go to school has started running around now. No pains again. People, I tell you, this STC30 therapy is just wonderful.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by baralatie(m): 7:12am On Apr 05, 2021
pragmatistm:

People, I'm just happy to report this now.

We recently use the STC30 therapy for my neighbour's sickle cell 5 year old daughter when she started having crises again.

Let me tell you a little about her. She was admitted for about 3 weeks at Ilaro State hospital and was referred to FMC for better treatment. She spent about 3 weeks again there before she got better and discharged.

Then after less than a month her crises started again. So the mother asked for the STC30 therapy because we have told her about it before.

The results were positive. The girl that could not sleep, play or go to school has started running around now. No pains again. People, I tell you, this STC30 therapy is just wonderful.
now this is some great news!

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Man Finds Out His 3-Year-Old Daughter Is Not His After A Secret DNA Test / I Am Cancelling All Marriage Plans Because Of What My Girlfriend Did To My Niece / Married Nigerian Ladies No Longer Take Shit From Their Husbands (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.