Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,557 members, 7,837,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Imo North Seat: Supreme Court To Decide APC, Araraume, Ibezim Fate Before Feb 8 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo North Seat: Supreme Court To Decide APC, Araraume, Ibezim Fate Before Feb 8 (9221 Views)

Superior Joins Council Of Chiefs, As His Son Oke Declares For Ughelli North Seat / Imo North Senatorial Seat: Supreme Court Dashes Ararume’s Hopes, upholds Ibezim / Expel Okorocha From APC - Araraume, Uzodinma, Izunaso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo North Seat: Supreme Court To Decide APC, Araraume, Ibezim Fate Before Feb 8 by Osenitosin22: 6:40pm On Feb 01, 2021
Ok
Re: Imo North Seat: Supreme Court To Decide APC, Araraume, Ibezim Fate Before Feb 8 by MyndisWe: 6:42pm On Feb 01, 2021
Dansuqi:

With who?
With you and me
Re: Imo North Seat: Supreme Court To Decide APC, Araraume, Ibezim Fate Before Feb 8 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 01, 2021
The judiciary has been meddling too much into politics of recent, can't votes be decided fair and square?

The outcome of court judgements has been giving us massive failures against the people's will!
Re: Imo North Seat: Supreme Court To Decide APC, Araraume, Ibezim Fate Before Feb 8 by Nobody: 6:57pm On Feb 01, 2021
E be like say dem take Supreme Court swear for Imo. Yikes.
Re: Imo North Seat: Supreme Court To Decide APC, Araraume, Ibezim Fate Before Feb 8 by Dansuqi: 7:00pm On Feb 01, 2021
fergie001:

Yes

Not really....the PDP wanted to be a party to a suit that involved the APC Primaries. The SC simply said No way.

The Primaries are valid...just the candidate is the wahala.

The Party submitted a name.... Ibezim.
If the SC finds Ibezim not OK...they understandably should lose the seat.

Don't forget araraume name was later submitted after a high court ruling until few days to the election when an appeal court ruled in favour of ibezim.
Re: Imo North Seat: Supreme Court To Decide APC, Araraume, Ibezim Fate Before Feb 8 by chubinwa(m): 7:07pm On Feb 01, 2021
ibezim is the chosen one from the gods of our land.
Re: Imo North Seat: Supreme Court To Decide APC, Araraume, Ibezim Fate Before Feb 8 by naijadrivablog: 7:23pm On Feb 01, 2021
Supreme Court Lawmaker loading.
Re: Imo North Seat: Supreme Court To Decide APC, Araraume, Ibezim Fate Before Feb 8 by Emyzoloye5(m): 7:35pm On Feb 01, 2021
Justice Amina Augie Is a very learned and A No-nonsense judge

I believe justice will be served
Re: Imo North Seat: Supreme Court To Decide APC, Araraume, Ibezim Fate Before Feb 8 by Dollanaira: 7:35pm On Feb 01, 2021
for real
Re: Imo North Seat: Supreme Court To Decide APC, Araraume, Ibezim Fate Before Feb 8 by fergie001: 7:46pm On Feb 01, 2021
Dansuqi:

Don't forget araraume name was later submitted after a high court ruling until few days to the election when an appeal court ruled in favour of ibezim.
What I think is this:

At this stage, the PDP can't do anything because they were not plaintiffs in this case, if there will be any reprieve for them....It is at the tribunal.

What the Court is doing here is determining who won the Primaries.

Don't also forget that the Ibezim Certificate saga isn't part of this appeal.

Ararume is arguing on that the Primaries that returned him as winner was the valid one.,

The FHC said the valid Primaries was that which returned Ibezim and Ararume placed third in that...but the FHC said that the Screening Committee screened out Ibezim and the man who placed second, and there was no proof that the NWC cleared them. (Ibezim wasn't a party)

The Appeal Court nullified the judgement.

My thinking is if it goes to the Election Petition tribunal, the PDP can argue that the Court pronouncing any other person asides Ibezim was past the substitution window...hence cannot be replaced.

Best bet for APC....Ibezim wins.
Re: Imo North Seat: Supreme Court To Decide APC, Araraume, Ibezim Fate Before Feb 8 by Dansuqi: 8:02pm On Feb 01, 2021
fergie001:

What I think is this:

At this stage, the PDP can't do anything because they were not plaintiffs in this case, if there will be any reprieve for them....It is at the tribunal.

What the Court is doing here is determining who won the Primaries.

Don't also forget that the Ibezim Certificate saga isn't part of this appeal.

Ararume is arguing on that the Primaries that returned him as winner was the valid one.,

The FHC said the valid Primaries was that which returned Ibezim and Ararume placed third in that...but the FHC said that the Screening Committee screened out Ibezim and the man who placed second, and there was no proof that the NWC cleared them. (Ibezim wasn't a party)

The Appeal Court nullified the judgement.

My thinking is if it goes to the Election Petition tribunal, the PDP can argue that the Court pronouncing any other person asides Ibezim was past the substitution window...hence cannot be replaced.

Best bet for APC....Ibezim wins.

Araraume can seek leave of the fhc and supreme court to tender the fhc judgment nullifying ibezim candidacy.if not, ibezim will easily win because the appellate ruling was clean and unassailable...

Pdp going to the tribunal to argue that apc substituted past the window is untenable since it is settled law that inec timetable is subject to court rulings.pdp will do well to argue that the two court judgments nullified apc candidacy and also that ibezim committed forgery

From the post,it is also clear that the supreme court in crn case will do substantial justice
Re: Imo North Seat: Supreme Court To Decide APC, Araraume, Ibezim Fate Before Feb 8 by fergie001: 8:09pm On Feb 01, 2021
Dansuqi:

Araraume can seek leave of the fhc and supreme court to tender the fhc judgment nullifying ibezim candidacy.if not, ibezim will easily win because the appellate ruling was clean and unassailable...
He cannot because the Certificate issue has not been decided at the Appeal Court...The Supreme Court won't touch it.

Pdp going to the tribunal to argue that apc substituted past the window is untenable since it is settled law that inec timetable is subject to court rulings.pdp will do well to argue that the two court judgments nullified apc candidacy and also that ibezim committed forgery

From the post,it is also clear that the supreme court in crn case will do substantial justice
Forgery ....that is when they bring the cert issues.
Re: Imo North Seat: Supreme Court To Decide APC, Araraume, Ibezim Fate Before Feb 8 by Cantonese: 8:28pm On Feb 01, 2021
divinecode101:
This is how they want to produce the next president?

They can never speak with One voice until they go to court to settle the simplest matter?

Ohanaze has its own voice, Ipigs has a separate voice, MASSOB I also speaking something else, how will they become president?

Give them small money and they will sell anything for you !

Thankfully it is not your business. Unfortunately you have failed to remove the terrible log in your own eyes. Why don’t you try to deal with the issue of daily killing in in the farms in your area first.

Manage to buy 100mb and come here to disturb those who do not disturb you.

Muntula!
Re: Imo North Seat: Supreme Court To Decide APC, Araraume, Ibezim Fate Before Feb 8 by Dansuqi: 9:12pm On Feb 01, 2021
fergie001:

He cannot because the Certificate issue has not been decided at the Appeal Court...The Supreme Court won't touch it.

Forgery ....that is when they bring the cert issues.

I read last week that pdp are planning to go to tribunal and time for that has lapsed
Re: Imo North Seat: Supreme Court To Decide APC, Araraume, Ibezim Fate Before Feb 8 by bekpo(m): 9:16pm On Feb 01, 2021
Dansuqi:
It is clear from the judges comment that pdp cannot benefit from this judgment

I disagree with u sir!

1 Like

Re: Imo North Seat: Supreme Court To Decide APC, Araraume, Ibezim Fate Before Feb 8 by fergie001: 9:20pm On Feb 01, 2021
Dansuqi:

I read last week that pdp are planning to go to tribunal and time for that has lapsed
Since December 5?
They can't be serious.
Re: Imo North Seat: Supreme Court To Decide APC, Araraume, Ibezim Fate Before Feb 8 by Dansuqi: 9:27pm On Feb 01, 2021
bekpo:

I disagree with u sir!

I thank you for that but sir,state why you disagree in plain terms
Re: Imo North Seat: Supreme Court To Decide APC, Araraume, Ibezim Fate Before Feb 8 by Dansuqi: 9:29pm On Feb 01, 2021
fergie001:

Since December 5?
They can't be serious.

I just wanted you to confirm.its like they were heavily placing reliance on the suit okewulonu already filed at the high court
Re: Imo North Seat: Supreme Court To Decide APC, Araraume, Ibezim Fate Before Feb 8 by Akaegwu(m): 9:32pm On Feb 01, 2021
ec0malchemist:
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be.

Learn how to import gadgets from USA and sell here in Nigeria for profit for free

Check sig
Every one knows how to do it. Stop this nonsense.
Re: Imo North Seat: Supreme Court To Decide APC, Araraume, Ibezim Fate Before Feb 8 by Nobody: 9:47pm On Feb 01, 2021
popesco123:

May buhari fuk my olosho mama because my ogogoro drinking papa is useless for life. Ikpu my mama there

Amen, and very well too grin grin grin grin
Re: Imo North Seat: Supreme Court To Decide APC, Araraume, Ibezim Fate Before Feb 8 by bekpo(m): 9:55pm On Feb 01, 2021
Dansuqi:

I thank you for that but sir,state why you disagree in plain terms

The both candidates from APC can b disqualified while d person with d 2nd highest number of votes will b declared winner. It may just b an admonition to PDP not to interfair so as to have a winner at d end of d day.
Re: Imo North Seat: Supreme Court To Decide APC, Araraume, Ibezim Fate Before Feb 8 by Dansuqi: 10:17pm On Feb 01, 2021
bekpo:

The both candidates from APC can b disqualified while d person with d 2nd highest number of votes will b declared winner. It may just b an admonition to PDP not to interfair so as to have a winner at d end of d day.

No.they can't be disqualified since there was a valid primary.the suit is to determine who actually is the rightful candidate of apc and has no intendment of disqualifying both candidates hence that advise to pdp
Re: Imo North Seat: Supreme Court To Decide APC, Araraume, Ibezim Fate Before Feb 8 by generationz(f): 12:49am On Feb 02, 2021
FunnyDude:

Come and write Python for me at Ibarapa in ibadan . Can you come down there? I want to show you something

Hey, FunnyDude, Whatsup? Are you no longer writing articles?
Re: Imo North Seat: Supreme Court To Decide APC, Araraume, Ibezim Fate Before Feb 8 by FunnyDude(m): 3:42am On Feb 02, 2021
generationz:

Hey, FunnyDude, Whatsup? Are you no longer writing articles?

Hello there, hope you're good?

I'm still doing freelance copywriting
Re: Imo North Seat: Supreme Court To Decide APC, Araraume, Ibezim Fate Before Feb 8 by bekpo(m): 5:52am On Feb 02, 2021
Dansuqi:

No.they can't be disqualified since there was a valid primary.the suit is to determine who actually is the rightful candidate of apc and has no intendment of disqualifying both candidates hence that advise to pdp

R u speaking for d court? Or r u one of d Justices?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Nigeria Become A Developed Country? / Reno Omokri, Others To Be Fired Over Lie In Jonathan's Independence Speech? / Okupe - “APC Is A Shameless Party, They Plagiarized Pdp’s Manifesto”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.