Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,946 members, 7,835,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide (14738 Views)

Ekiti Government Sues IGP Over Dismissed Pregnant Officer / Protesters Cook In Front Of Shell In Rivers As They Protest Sacking Of Kinsmen / Biafra: Buhari Should Reverse IPOB Ban - Prof. Ben Nwabueze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Jimmy231: 6:23am On Feb 02, 2021
NLPoliceWoman:
As a police woman, I absolutely condemn this!!!
There is an outrage all over the country about this issue.
Let us get our priorities right as a nation.

We are still fighting for other things so they can recognize us fully, and now this........
Police woman so you don't know there is a speculated time for you to get pregnant after you join the service can't blame you who knows may be they employ you with birth certificate not even SSCE

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by GetMeRight: 6:38am On Feb 02, 2021
For the police, an unmarried police officer who gets pregnant is deemed unfit to wear the uniform and must be dishonourably discharged. However, if an unmarried male officer impregnates a woman, such an act is deemed a personal matter, which attracts no punishment. Such thinking has no place in a post-modern world.

Is it about that alone if it is true that it is about that? What about her condition which would make it impossible to discharge her duty? We say that we want to make Nigeria great but we are ready to undermine its law at every given opportunity.

3 Likes

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by lexy2014: 6:39am On Feb 02, 2021
Karlovic:
embarassed embarassed But she was aware of the rules before breaking them, she should face the consequences.

Is bribery, extortion and corruption part of d rules of d NPF?
Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Gerrard59(m): 6:39am On Feb 02, 2021
Karlovic:
embarassed embarassed But she was aware of the rules before breaking them, she should face the consequences.

The rule is a stoopid one. So, because something was done in the past, it cannot be changed as the world evolves? Rules were made by humans and can be changed in tune with changing times.

RisenPhoenix1:
Rules are rules. There should be no female privilege. Any police officer; male or female; who gets pregnant in office, is liable to dismissal. We can't have pregnant frazzled police officers with bellies up to their necks parading the streets. It doesn't look neat.

I think the rule is fair, clear and non discriminatory.

angry

Another sh!tholer with a sh!thole mentality, so maternity leave is a novel concept from where you come from?

1 Like

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Wettoid123: 6:40am On Feb 02, 2021
so you want the police authority to break one of their major rules abi lets call a spade a spade the lady should face the consequences!

1 Like

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by lexy2014: 6:41am On Feb 02, 2021
GetMeRight:

Is it about that alone if it is true that it is about that? What about her condition which would make it impossible to discharge her duty? We say that we want to make Nigeria great but we are ready to undermine its law at every given opportunity.

D police that aren't pregnant, which condition are they in that prevents them from discharging their duties?
Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Minjim: 6:41am On Feb 02, 2021
JohnNU:
But they will allow gay officers to practice their trade. Whats the difference?

Hm hm, the rules had been changed but those that sacked her weren't aware .

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Gerrard59(m): 6:44am On Feb 02, 2021
GetMeRight:

Maternity leave?
Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Dedetwo(m): 6:46am On Feb 02, 2021
NLPoliceWoman:

We are still fighting for other things so they can recognize us fully, and now this........

Which priority are you writing about in the above post, strict adherence to police regulation or policemen and women sleeping around? Unbent regimentation in Nigerian police force is apex priority in Nigeria. Nigerian society is in disarray partly because Nigerian police have become a total mess.

1 Like

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Nobody: 6:46am On Feb 02, 2021
lexy2014:

Policemen have been sacked for breaking the law, so I don't get it, she should face the consequences of her actions.

1 Like

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Nobody: 6:48am On Feb 02, 2021
Gerrard59:

The rule is a stoopid one. So, because something was done in the past, it cannot be changed as the world evolves? Rules were made by humans and can be changed in tune with changing times.

Another sh!tholer with a sh!thole mentality, so maternity leave is a novel concept from where you come from?
I don't know why you are quoting me, so if someone breaks an organisational rule, that law must be changed to suit the individual that broke the law according to you?

1 Like

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Maghan37: 6:51am On Feb 02, 2021
Karlovic:
You would have been right if the rule did not seem one sided against the woman. If it had been a man the rules would be different.
Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Nobody: 6:51am On Feb 02, 2021
Gerrard59:

Rules were made for a purpose even if outsiders don't see the point. I see no reason why someone has to be paid for doing nothing throughout her ante natal period of alleged cravings, sickness and hormonal meltdowns as well as at least 6 months of post natal maternity leave; when a perfectly capable man is paid the same amount and is expected to work day and nights throughout the same period. Which employee makes more sense from an economic pov?

3 Likes

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by lexy2014: 6:54am On Feb 02, 2021
Karlovic:
Policemen have been sacked for breaking the law, so I don't get it, she should face the consequences of her actions.

Which law have policemen been sacked for breaking?
Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Nobody: 6:55am On Feb 02, 2021
Maghan37:
You would have been right if the rule did not seem one sided against the woman. If it had been a man the rules would be different.
Men don't get pregnant, there have been cases where male police officers have been fired for misbehaving or breaking the law, no one comes up with an excuse that if it had been a female officer it would have been different.

1 Like

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Nobody: 6:56am On Feb 02, 2021
lexy2014:

Which law have policemen been sacked for breaking?
here you have it

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-africa-23625003
She should face the consequences of her actions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by oyatz(m): 7:04am On Feb 02, 2021
NLPoliceWoman:

When I was dating my Ex who was a police officer, she raised the issue.
The most frightening aspect was when she said the Ekiti State Police Command panel will invite me to conduct a background security check on me!
Naso, I used style picked race.

We were adolescent lovers who parted ways , only to reunite 10years later, each searching for suitable marriage partners, by which time, she was already in the Police Force, entangled in an unwanted relationship with a male colleague which she later disclosed to me.

It was God that saved me that this jealous male colleague didn't roped me into crime.
Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Hamiltonii: 7:05am On Feb 02, 2021
Maghan37:
You sound like pussy. Can a pregnant woman perform police duties in the streets? How does getting a woman pregnant by a male officer affect his police duties?
Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by lexy2014: 7:07am On Feb 02, 2021
Karlovic:
here you have it

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-africa-23625003
She should face the consequences of her actions.

So just one policeman? Are d other policemen in service not guilty of breaking d same law that d policeman in ur story was guilty of?

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Gerrard59(m): 7:08am On Feb 02, 2021
Karlovic:
I don't know why you are quoting me, so if someone breaks an organisational rule, that law must be changed to suit the individual that broke the law according to you?

Again, rules are bound to change. Times are different. That it worked then does not mean it makes sense today. One is not surprised why the country is a sh!thole when it cannot offer its most vulnerable a conducive environment

RisenPhoenix1:

Rules were made for a purpose even if outsiders don't see the point. I see no reason why someone has to be paid for doing nothing throughout her ante natal period of alleged cravings, sickness and hormonal meltdowns as well as at least 6 months of post natal maternity leave; when a perfectly capable man is paid the same amount and is expected to work day and nights throughout the same period. Which employee makes more sense from an economic pov?

Men do earn more than women in the long run as a result of maternity leaves, so that aspect does not count in this case. There is no gender gap issue. Presently, a woman is being made unemployed because of an outdated law in the name of "it spoils the image of the Police".

The law is made for man not man for the law. It is bound to change.
Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Nobody: 7:10am On Feb 02, 2021
lexy2014:

So just one policeman? Are d other policemen in service not guilty of breaking d same law that d policeman in ur story was guilty of?

You should list another woman fired for getting pregnant in the force then I'll list more men that were fired for bribery or misbehaving.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by lexy2014: 7:12am On Feb 02, 2021
Karlovic:
You should list another woman fired for getting pregnant in the force then I'll list more men that were fired for bribery or misbehaving.

I didn't ask u for a list. Pls read d questiony again:

Are d other policemen in service not guilty of breaking d same law that d policeman in ur story was guilty of?

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Nobody: 7:13am On Feb 02, 2021
Gerrard59:

Again, rules are bound to change. Times are different. That it worked then does not mean it makes sense today. One is not surprised why the country is a sh!thole when it cannot offer its most vulnerable a conducive environment

Men do earn more than women in the long run as a result of maternity leaves, so that aspect does not count in this case. There is no gender gap issue. Presently, a woman is being made unemployed because of an outdated law in the name of "it spoils the image of the Police".

The law is made for man not man for the law. It is bound to change.
You failed to answer my question, let me rephrase it, if you are employed by an organisation with its code of conduct whereby an employee is fired for breaking any of them, and for some reason you break any of those laws, should the law be changed to suit you?

1 Like

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Untainted007: 7:14am On Feb 02, 2021
Quality20:
Who knows? U may even b d one who sampled n got her in d family way - just thinking sha

Hahahahahahaha, oga if u like urself, no near any uniform lady ooooo. I reserve my comment.
Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Nobody: 7:14am On Feb 02, 2021
lexy2014:

I didn't ask u for a list. Pls read d questiony again:

Are d other policemen in service not guilty of breaking d same law that d policeman in ur story was guilty of?

Tell me the name of one policeman that has gotten someone pregnant? I need his name.

1 Like

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by oyatz(m): 7:15am On Feb 02, 2021
Karlovic:
Men don't get pregnant, there have been cases where male police officers have been fired for misbehaving or breaking the law, no one comes up with an excuse that if it had been a female officer it would have been different.

Many people don't even know that many organizations disapprove of immoral misconducts because it can make the members of staff to compromise standards.

In the Police Force, Medical and legal Professions, you can be suspended on grounds of adultery and inappropriate sexual relationships e.g a doctor or a Judge having sex with his patients in the course of discharging his duties.

In the Academic world, a Professor having an illicit relationship with his students can be sanctioned.

1 Like

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by lexy2014: 7:16am On Feb 02, 2021
Karlovic:
Tell me the name of one policeman that has gotten someone pregnant? I need his name.

Did d link u shared say anything about pregnancy? Do d questions below say anything about pregnancy?

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Nobody: 7:18am On Feb 02, 2021
lexy2014:

Did d link u shared say anything about pregnancy? Do d questions below say anything about pregnancy?

Of course there are, the ones caught doing that are fired from the force if taken up. I have showed you an instance of one that was fired so it's not rocket science if you feel there are more go and report them with evidence. As for the woman its unfortunate that pregnancies can't be hidden so she should face the consequences.

2 Likes

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Gerrard59(m): 7:20am On Feb 02, 2021
Karlovic:
You failed to answer my question, let me rephrase it, if you are employed by an organisation with its code of conduct whereby an employee is fired for breaking any of them, and for some reason you break any of those laws, should the law be changed to suit you?

This is a public institution and again, rules are meant to be changed. If she is going to be the scapegoat for such to happen, good. But to state that because a law was made and is sacrosanct notwithstanding changing times, is ridiculous. So yes, due to the changing times and based on how archaic and stoopid the law is, it should be changed. Note: archaic and stoopid.
Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Nobody: 7:26am On Feb 02, 2021
Gerrard59:

This is a public institution and again, rules are meant to be changed. If she is going to be the scapegoat for such to happen, good. But to state that because a law was made and is sacrosanct notwithstanding changing times, is ridiculous. So yes, due to the changing times and based on how archaic and stoopid the law is, it should be changed. Note: archaic and stoopid.
To run for president in Nigeria, one has to be at least 35 years of age, if for some reason a 33 year old increases his age and won the election and for some reason during his tenure he is caught and impeached, was the law archaic and stupid? She knew what she was getting into before she agreed to join the police force. Rules are rules, if there has to be a change it has to be a logical one and not to accommodate an undisciplined staff.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by lexy2014: 7:32am On Feb 02, 2021
Karlovic:
Of course there are, the ones caught doing that are fired from the force if taken up. I have showed you an instance of one that was fired so it's not rocket science if you feel there are more go and report them with evidence. As for the woman its unfortunate that pregnancies can't be hidden so she face the consequences.

What percentage of police men were caught and fired for bribery, extortion and corruption compared to those who weren't caught & fired? Are bribery, extortion and corruption not a norm rather than a crime in d force?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Am Going To Privatize Our Ailing Crude Oil Refineries - Atiku Declares / Thugs Attack & Brutalise Government Officials In Biu,Borno State(pics) / Jonah Jang Joins Presidential Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.