Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,105 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide (14736 Views)

Ekiti Government Sues IGP Over Dismissed Pregnant Officer / Protesters Cook In Front Of Shell In Rivers As They Protest Sacking Of Kinsmen / Biafra: Buhari Should Reverse IPOB Ban - Prof. Ben Nwabueze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by edoairways: 2:01pm On Feb 02, 2021
JohnNU:
But they will allow gay officers to practice their trade. Whats the difference?
Where,how, when?

1 Like

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by lexy2014: 2:11pm On Feb 02, 2021
Karlovic:
Once again no reference to specific case or scenario with someone's name which I expected from you. A lot of Nigerians drive vehicles without a license or expired/absent car registration and when caught bribe their way through. If such an individual is interviewed about police extortion what do you think his/her response will be? Likewise for prostitution and some others vices like possession of drugs which is illegal in the country, a lot of them bribe the police.

That is why I said u have no idea what a research work is. Even with d scenario u presented about about people driving without drivers license and prostitutes bribing police further corrobates d research. That's why I asked u earlier "Is bribery, extortion and corruption part of d rules of d NPF?" If people drive without drivers license and bribe d police to get out of trouble as u have said, then u have indicted d police and validated d findings of d HRW research work
Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 02, 2021
lexy2014:

That is why I said u have no idea what a research work is. Even with d scenario u presented about about people driving without drivers license and prostitutes bribing police further corrobates d research. That's why I asked u earlier "Is bribery, extortion and corruption part of d rules of d NPF?" If people drive without drivers license and bribe d police to get out of trouble as u have said, then u have indicted d police and validated d findings of d HRW research work
Of course, bribery and corruption is prevalent in Nigeria as a whole not just in the police force. The defaulters paying the bribe are also guilty too. In the woman's case the law has been enforced on her so she should deal with it.
Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by lexy2014: 2:42pm On Feb 02, 2021
Karlovic:
Of course, bribery and corruption is prevalent in Nigeria as a whole not just in the police force. The defaulters paying the bribe are also guilty too. In the woman's case the law has been enforced on her so she should deal with it.

D question I asked u isn't whether or not bribery and corruption is prevalent in Nigeria as a whole or not. The question I asked is this "Is bribery, extortion and corruption part of d rules of d NPF?"

Whether or not d defaulters who paid bribe are guilty isn't also d subject of discussion. If u say that d defaulters paid bribe to d police and by so doing they were left of d hook, u have summarily indicted d police and validated d research findings of d HRW research work on d police. Which also made me ask u if bribery, extortion and corruption are a norm in d police much more than crime?
Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 02, 2021
lexy2014:

D question I asked u isn't whether or not bribery and corruption is prevalent in Nigeria as a whole or not. The question I asked is this "Is bribery, extortion and corruption part of d rules of d NPF?"

Whether or not d defaulters who paid bribe are guilty isn't also d subject of discussion. If u say that d defaulters paid bribe to d police and by so doing they were left of d hook, u have summarily indicted d police and validated d research findings of d HRW research work on d police. Which also made me ask u if bribery, extortion and corruption are a norm in d police much more than crime?
Bribery and corruption are not part of the police rules and regulations and I have given you 2 cases of police officers sacked for bribery as proof that it is not acceptable, tell whomever that did that research to list of officers taking bribe with evidence or if you have the evidence kindly go and report them.

1 Like

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by lexy2014: 3:07pm On Feb 02, 2021
Karlovic:
Bribery and corruption are not part of the police rules and regulations and I have given you 2 cases of police officers sacked for bribery as proof that it is not acceptable, tell whomever that did that research to list of officers taking bribe with evidence or if you have the evidence kindly go and report them.

I don't need to ask HRW for a list of officers taking bribe with evidence. That's why I said earlier that u dont seem familiar with what a research work is. D findings of d research are empirical and sound except u have a countrary research that invalidates it's findings. Findings which include:

"Meanwhile, victims of crime are obliged to pay the police from the moment they enter a police station to file a complaint until the
day their case is brought before a court. In the shadows, high-level police officials embezzle staggering sums of public funds meant to cover basic police operations. Senior police officers also enforce a perverse system of “returns” in which rank-and-file officers are compelled to pay up
the chain of command a share of the money they extort from the public."

So d scenario u painted earlier about d prostitute and d driver validates d above findings which points to bribery, corruption and extortion as a norm in d police force. And if it is a norm, then just two cases of dismissed policemen is quite infinitesimal compared to just one unmarried lady who was sacked for getting pregnant which isn't a norm
Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 02, 2021
lexy2014:

I don't need to ask HRW for a list of officers taking bribe with evidence. That's why I said earlier that u dont seem familiar with what a research work is. D findings of d research are empirical and sound except u have a country research that invalidates it's findings. Findings which include:

"Meanwhile, victims of crime are obliged to pay the police from the moment they enter a police station to file a complaint until the
day their case is brought before a court. In the shadows, high-level police officials embezzle staggering sums of public funds meant to cover basic police operations. Senior police officers also enforce a perverse system of “returns” in which rank-and-file officers are compelled to pay up
the chain of command a share of the money they extort from the public."

So d scenario u painted earlier about d prostitute and d driver validates d above findings which points to bribery, corruption and extortion as a norm in d police force. And if it is a norm, then just two cases of dismissed policemen is quite infinitesimal compared to just one unmarried lady who was sacked for getting pregnant which isn't a norm

I am familiar with research work and unfortunately research is not evidence and has no bearing in the law when trying to implicate someone in a crime, all the while you have been quoting me I have asked you to list names or give me a name you have refused, instead you are listing professions like taxi driver, students and even prostitutes. The names I showed you in the article i presented, why were they sacked? Have a good day.
Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by lexy2014: 3:22pm On Feb 02, 2021
Karlovic:
I am familiar with research work and unfortunately research is not evidence and has no bearing law when trying to implicate someone in a crime, all the while you have been quoting me I have asked you to list names or give me a name you have refused, instead you are listing professions like taxi driver, students and even prostitutes. The names I showed you in the article i presented, why were they sacked? Have a good day.

If u understand what research work is, then what list are u asking for? Research work is also evidence and can be accepted in court when d opinion of an expert is needed to prove a case especially about trends. For someone who says he understands research, once again u are asking d wrong questions. Let me share with u d last paragraph of my last paragraph. Perhaps, u didn't read it.

lexy2014:

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 02, 2021
lexy2014:

If u understand what research work is, then what list are u asking for? Research work is also evidence and can be accepted in court when d opinion of an expert is needed to prove a case especially about trends. For someone who says he understands research, once again u are asking d wrong questions. Let me share with u d last paragraph of my last paragraph. Perhaps, u didn't read it.

Research work CAN NEVER be used to exonerate or send someone to jail. Hard core evidence does which I have asked you to present and you are beating about the bush. On 3 occasions I have presented cases of police officers REPORTED for misconduct and were fired and you are giving me research work that is restricted within a given population or scope and subject to changes. So since that your research was done prostitutes or drivers without license are no longer in Nigeria? If a law abiding citizen in Nigeria is extorted by a police officer they should seek for justice the appropriate way and ENSURE they get it, them not following up on getting justice is their cup of tea.

1 Like

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by lexy2014: 3:41pm On Feb 02, 2021
Karlovic:
Research work CAN NEVER be used to exonerate or send someone to jail. Hard core evidence does which I have asked you to present and you are beating about the bush. On 3 occasions I have presented cases of police officers REPORTED for misconduct and were fired and you are giving me research work that is restricted within a given population or scope. So since that your research was done prostitutes or drivers without license are no longer in Nigeria? If a law abiding citizen in Nigeria is extorted by a police officer they should seek for justice the appropriate way and ENSURE they get it, them not following up on getting justice is their cup of tea.

Let me repeat myself. Seems u didn't understand what u read earlier.

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 02, 2021
lexy2014:

Let me repeat myself. Seems u didn't understand what u read earlier.

Show me where it it written in the police handbook or anywhere officially that extortion is acceptable or a norm? I'm waiting for your answer. Also show me where research has been used to convict or exonerate a criminal?

2 Likes

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by lexy2014: 3:47pm On Feb 02, 2021
Karlovic:

Show me where it it written in the police handbook or anywhere officially that extortion is acceptable or a norm? I'm waiting for your answer.

Pls, what is a norm? Let's start from there
Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 02, 2021
lexy2014:

Pls, what is a norm? Let's start from there
Lol another question, norm is something that is typical, usual or standard. Show me hardcore evidence that misbehaving or extortion is typical, usual or standard in the Nigerian police force? If they are usual, typical and standard why were the 3 policemen fired in the links I sent you? Oya answer the question and don't come up another one.

2 Likes

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by lexy2014: 3:51pm On Feb 02, 2021
Karlovic:

Show me where it it written in the police handbook or anywhere officially that extortion is acceptable or a norm? I'm waiting for your answer. Also show me where research has been used to convict or exonerate a criminal?

What is a norm? Let's start from there
Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by lexy2014: 3:53pm On Feb 02, 2021
Karlovic:
Lol another question, norm is something that is typical, usual or standard. Show me hardcore evidence that misbehaving or extortion is typical, usual or standard in the Nigerian police force? If they are usual, typical and standard why were the 3 policemen fired in the links I sent you? Oya answer the question and don't come up another one.

Typical, standard, usual... expantiate further
Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 02, 2021
lexy2014:

Typical, standard, usual... expantiate further
Bro I'm not your English teacher, if you had an answer to my question you would have answered it directly and not come up with this. That is the dictionary definition of norm

1 Like

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by lexy2014: 3:58pm On Feb 02, 2021
Karlovic:
Bro I'm not your English teacher, if you had an answer to my question you would have answered it directly and not come up with this. That is the dictionary definition of norm

Going by your comment that u aren't my English teacher, could I ask if am your criminology teacher?
Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 02, 2021
lexy2014:

Going by your comment that u aren't my English teacher, could I ask if am your criminology teacher?
All the questions I have asked you none of them have been answered by you and you are still piling up more, the pregnant lady in question has accepted her fate and if you feel like being a white knight on her behalf be my guest, have a good day.

2 Likes

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by yemex04(m): 4:03pm On Feb 02, 2021
SIONKPO1:

Oga,try reason the matter nah,So a female officer needs approval before she can get married?

she can not claim ignorance of this rules before she applied and got into the force..But if indeed she was not informed evidently of the code of conducts of the police force i bet she would get human right lawyers that will voluntarily represent her in court to get justice for her.

1 Like

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by lexy2014: 4:16pm On Feb 02, 2021
Karlovic:
All the questions I have asked you none of them have been answered by you and you are still piling up more, the pregnant lady in question has accepted her fate and if you feel like being a white knight on her behalf be my guest, have a good day.

All d questions u have asked have been answered. U weren't satisfied because u felt ur arguments about police bribery, extortion and corruption didn't stand up to d research work I presented. Despite d fact that u say u are familiar with research work, u are still asking questions which d research work has already provided answers to in it's capacity as a research work. Even u ended up validating d findings of d research work when u painted some scenarios. But for some reason, u still want to go ahead. No problem. I am game.

But since u said u aren't my English teacher & u can't therefore expantiate ur dictionary meaning of d word norm, to what extent do u expect me to be your criminology teacher?
Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by yemex04(m): 4:21pm On Feb 02, 2021
Karlovic:

You have done more than enough to deal with the subject objectively,you can never change that guy's resolve of justifying lawlessness because others to are lawless so lawlessness should be promoted across boards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 02, 2021
yemex04:

You have done more than enough to deal with the subject objectively,you can never change that guy's resolve of justifying lawlessness because others to are lawless so lawlessness should be promoted across boards.
Imagine, it seems he is just trolling for the fun of it.

2 Likes

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Ryan03(f): 4:41pm On Feb 02, 2021
bro4u:
The man is running NPF using Sokoto state Hisbah police Manual.
is he the one who made the law? A law that has been on ground since the foundation of the force

1 Like

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Ryan03(f): 4:46pm On Feb 02, 2021
IamWonderful:
For what, she knows the rules that it is after two years that she suppose to marry and be pregnant but she violated it, it is quite disgusting and irresponsible, the police service should lead by example to others, dubious and promiscuous character shouldn't be allowed in the organization, those calling for the application of the same laws to men are ignorant of the fact that men don't bring their partner's pregnancy to work and it affects work in no way
I just tire. Some people just want to argue without using their brains
Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Ryan03(f): 4:50pm On Feb 02, 2021
Dozie32:
Madam you will not go and face your marriage. I guess you're promoting prostitution in police?
I tire. Now it's the fight to allow them get pregnant immediately they enter the job and also without marriage, next will be to allow them carry coloured hair, then make up on duty, jewelries sef go enter. The love for lawlessness in this country is too much

2 Likes

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Ryan03(f): 4:51pm On Feb 02, 2021
Jimmy231:
Abeg OP short your dirty mouth its not even police all force have a stipulated time for pregnancy after you join the service imagine just two month n service you get pregnant no force would take that even in the USA. U na go just come hear come they spit nonsense all in the name of free data
God bless you

1 Like

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Ryan03(f): 4:54pm On Feb 02, 2021
Maghan37:
You would have been right if the rule did not seem one sided against the woman. If it had been a man the rules would be different.
this I not one sided at all, police men don't get pregnant neither do their pregnant wives affect their jobs or even given maternity leave. Make we dey talk true
Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Ryan03(f): 4:57pm On Feb 02, 2021
Gerrard59:

Again, rules are bound to change. Times are different. That it worked then does not mean it makes sense today. One is not surprised why the country is a sh!thole when it cannot offer its most vulnerable a conducive environment

Men do earn more than women in the long run as a result of maternity leaves, so that aspect does not count in this case. There is no gender gap issue. Presently, a woman is being made unemployed because of an outdated law in the name of "it spoils the image of the Police".

The law is made for man not man for the law. It is bound to change.
men earn more then women as a result of maternity leaves? Fvck! Where did this come from? Pls be sure of something before typing
Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Ryan03(f): 4:58pm On Feb 02, 2021
Karlovic:
You should list another woman fired for getting pregnant in the force then I'll list more men that were fired for bribery or misbehaving.
you are arguing with a cretin. You will never get an intelligent response from him
Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Ryan03(f): 5:00pm On Feb 02, 2021
Karlovic:
To run for president in Nigeria, one has to be at least 35 years of age, if for some reason a 33 year old increases his age and won the election and for some reason during his tenure he is caught and impeached, was the law archaic and stupid? She knew what she was getting into before she agreed to join the police force. Rules are rules, if there has to be a change it has to be a logical one and not to accommodate an undisciplined staff.
abeg what's your brand of beer. I need to order a carton of it
Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Nobody: 5:09pm On Feb 02, 2021
Ryan03:
abeg what's your brand of beer. I need to order a carton of it
Lol, don't bother bro. Sometimes people react to situations emotionally rather than with facts.

1 Like

Re: IG Should Reverse Sacking Of Pregnant Officer, Omotola Olajide by Dozie32(m): 5:46pm On Feb 02, 2021
Ryan03:
I tire. Now it's the fight to allow them get pregnant immediately they enter the job and also without marriage, next will be to allow them carry coloured hair, then make up on duty, jewelries sef go enter. The love for lawlessness in this country is too much

I taya ooo my brother grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Assembly Constitutes Panel To Probe Aregbesola / Fani-kayode's Ex Wife, Yemisi Wada, Distances Herself From Online Publication / 7-Year-Old Planned To Bomb Dalori IDP Camp, Gets Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.