Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,664 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! (8175 Views)

Okada Riders Take Over Abuja Express, Headed To Eagle Square (photos) / Photo: Aisha Buhari Arrives Eagle Square For The Inauguration / Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 05, 2011
I think it was around 7.00 to 7.30pm last night that he was interviewed.

Honestly speaking, if not that Nigeria is so backward, that man should not come near as a contestant in a Presidential poll, .

It was difficult for him to understand simple questions and the interviewer had to repeat simple questions becuase he kept going OP.

First question, was why he wanted to be President, he said it is because the 1999 constitution stated that anybody who is above a certain age can contest and he is of age. So why not?

The interview had to repeat this question.

Towards closing, the man asked him on a lighter mood, whether there is any logical reason why he always go for the Tundes, remining him of Tunde Idiagbon and now Tunde Bakare. the man went round and round talking about his military training and how he is not tribalistic. The interviewer had to repeat the question before he said it is a coincidence.

As an answer to a question which I cant recall now (I wish I recorded the whole thing), he said he is interested in how much that came into the country from 199 till date.

My question is this: why 1999? Why not since after the civil war? why not since 1979 when OBJ handed over to shagari (mind you, Buhari was Petroluem minsiter during that OBJ period as military head of state). why not from 1983 when he (Buhari) trucated our democaracy and took over? why not from 1985 when IBB took over? why not from 1993 when Abacha was in charge? Why not from 1998 when Abdusalami was in charge?

I don't like Obasanjo for any reason, but I think Buhari is just demonising OBJ and PDP in other to score a cheap point. Buhari is fake. Nigerians should not buy this dummy of Mr. Perfect.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by seeme2(f): 2:48pm On Apr 05, 2011
Word!
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by Wadeoye(m): 3:17pm On Apr 05, 2011
Then tell me what he should I have said? Also tell me your understanding of the question.

- You are asking Buhari why he wanted to be president? Can't he aspire to be president? Or what is wrong or unconstituttional about him aspiring to be president? He response was to tell the journalist that the question doesn't make sense. Anybody can aspire to be president as long as you are constitutionally qualified, period - this is democracy. It is up to people to check the track record and decide to either vote for him or not.

- Simple intelligent question should have been for example, if you are voted in as president, what will you do to address our infrastructural challenges? How will you address corruption that have become a way of life in government? or how will you grow our economy?

When journalists come with not-well-thought-through question or question in bad faith, you don't expect answer that you think you will get.

So, you want us to investigate spending since 1976? Why not since independence? Dumbo.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by Nobody: 6:59pm On Apr 05, 2011
I listened to the interview. Honestly, it almost got tears out of my eyes. I saw honesty, I saw humility, the man exuded sincerity, it was easy to discern from the interview that this man is out to rescue this country, it was far different from the usual political talk of promising to build bridge even where there is no river. Posterity will judge those who villify this man, that was my conclusion as I almost wept listening to him.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by danjohn: 7:13pm On Apr 05, 2011
Jarus:

I listened to the interview. Honestly, it almost got tears out of my eyes. I saw honesty, I saw humility, the man exuded sincerity, it was easy to discern from the interview that this man is out to rescue this country, it was far different from the usual political talk of promising to build bridge even where there is no river. Posterity will judge those who villify this man, that was my conclusion as I almost wept listening to him.

Buhari/Bakare 2011 for a better tomorrow
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by seal777(m): 7:26pm On Apr 05, 2011
@poster,
I want to make you sad by telling you that your comments has further strengthen my resolve to vote BUHARI.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by seal777(m): 7:30pm On Apr 05, 2011
Forgot to mention that i couldnt have watched the interview cos there was power outage since OBASANJO, GEJ and the co-horts had embezzled the 16 billion dollars meant for Power.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by danjohn: 7:32pm On Apr 05, 2011
seal777:

Forgot to mention that i couldnt have watched the interview cos there was power outage since OBASANJO, GEJ and the co-horts had embezzled the 16 billion dollars meant for Power.

AMEN!!!
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by gernded(m): 7:49pm On Apr 05, 2011
Him picking Tunde Bakary is just a waste of time.

he thought he will buy Christian mind and to also change his religious intolerance but far from that.

and Tunde Bakary was a born Islam so is simple as muslim muslim ticket no way.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by Beaf: 8:06pm On Apr 05, 2011
noblezone:

I think it was around 7.00 to 7.30pm last night that he was interviewed.

Honestly speaking, if not that Nigeria is so backward, that man should not come near as a contestant in a Presidential poll, .

It was difficult for him to understand simple questions and the interviewer had to repeat simple questions becuase he kept going OP.

First question, was why he wanted to be President, he said it is because the 1999 constitution stated that anybody who is above a certain age can contest and he is of age. So why not?

The interview had to repeat this question.

Towards closing, the man asked him on a lighter mood, whether there is any logical reason why he always go for the Tundes, remining him of Tunde Idiagbon and now Tunde Bakare. the man went round and round talking about his military training and how he is not tribalistic. The interviewer had to repeat the question before he said it is a coincidence.

As an answer to a question which I cant recall now (I wish I recorded the whole thing), he said he is interested in how much that came into the country from 199 till date.

My question is this: why 1999? Why not since after the civil war? why not since 1979 when OBJ handed over to shagari (mind you, Buhari was Petroluem minsiter during that OBJ period as military head of state). why not from 1983 when he (Buhari) trucated our democaracy and took over? why not from 1985 when IBB took over? why not from 1993 when Abacha was in charge? Why not from 1998 when Abdusalami was in charge?

I don't like Obasanjo for any reason, but I think Buhari is just demonising OBJ and PDP in other to score a cheap point. Buhari is fake. Nigerians should not buy this dummy of Mr. Perfect.

When Buhari was asked how he intended to sort out Nigeria's power issues at NN24, he went off on a tangent about how he would order probes. The simple fact is, the man is totally lacking in IQ to lead Nigeria forward in this digital age. He doesn't even have a clue of his sorroundings.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by ayomifull(f): 8:08pm On Apr 05, 2011
gernded:

he thought he will buy Christian mind and to also change his religious intolerance but far from that.

error! His name is Bakare also he WAS born a muslim, he IS a christian ma.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by Pataki: 8:12pm On Apr 05, 2011
Jarus:

Thank you for your honest submission. I believe you have said the truth without being biased. The drive for us all to make a sane Nigeria would come to reality with this election. Amen.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by Beaf: 8:16pm On Apr 05, 2011
Jarus:

I think Buhari supporters overdo the "tears" thing. Its about politics and direction, not near religious love.

There is nothing soft or huggable about the man, neither is there any humility in him.
He might be sincere, but so is a man running at tearaway speed toward a cliff edge, because he believes there is enough gold at the end of the route to keep his family warm, secure and well fed.

The bottomline is, does the man understand the modern World? Is he sophisticated enough to operate skillfully in both social and international circles? Does he have the diplomacy a Nigerian president requires? Is he bigoted in any way? Does he have the skills to cope with questions and solutions about our federal architecture?
All the above questions are bigger than mere humility and sincerity. Looking back at his decree's (especially decree's 2 and 4) Buhari plainly lacks every tool for the modern World.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by aletheia(m): 8:25pm On Apr 05, 2011
Beaf:

I think Buhari supporters overdo the "tears" thing. Its about politics and direction, not near religious love.
^That's because they really have nothing to use in selling their candidate except religious-like fervor and trying to rewrite history.

Beaf:

The bottomline is, does the man understand the modern World?
No

Beaf:

Is he sophisticated enough to operate skillfully in both social and international circles?
No. Folks like Abacha, Ruma, Kurfi that he's surrounded himself with etc will run rings round him.

Beaf:

Does he have the diplomacy a Nigerian president requires?
No.

Beaf:

Is he bigoted in any way?
Yes.

Beaf:

Does he have the skills to cope with questions and solutions about our federal architecture?
No.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by jason123: 8:26pm On Apr 05, 2011
Beaf:

There is nothing soft or huggable about the man, neither is there any humility in him.
He might be sincere, but so is a man running at tearaway speed toward a cliff, because he believes there is enough gold at the end of the route to keep his family warm, secure and well fed.

The bottomline is, does the man understand the modern World? Is he sophisticated enough to operate skillfully in both social and international circles? Does he have the diplomacy a Nigerian president requires?
Is he bigoted in any way? Does he have the skills to cope with questions and solutions about our federal architecture?
All the above questions are bigger than mere humility and sincerity. Looking back at his decree's (especially decree's 2 and 4) Buhari plainly lacks every tool of the modern World.

That is why people are supporting him.
CORRUPTION is our main problem not development. Once we can solve corruption and bring a bit of honesty and sincerity to the system and in the minds of people (the coming generation), development will surely come because no one will be diverting the money that is meant for development into their private accounts. As they say, "don't put the cart before the horse". You cannot want development without removing corruption.
As far as people can see, GEJ is proportional to aluta continua! He has not done anything to curb corruption.
All in all, GENUINE NIGERIANs at heart want Buhari and ethnic, regional bigots and people that are benefiting from the corrupt system will likely (notice the bolded) go for GEJ. cool
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by OmoTier1(m): 10:41pm On Apr 05, 2011
Sorry no amount of whitemail or blackmail will make me change my mind! I gave Jonny the day builder 9months to provide me a road map for progress and all i got was " I had no shoes to wear, to pants, and I had to trekk to school on bare foot" as if that is what will move Nigeria forward!

Now my mnd is made up, I AM VOTING BB4CHANGE COME PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION. GEJ IS CHANGE WE HOPE, BUT BUHARI IS CHANGE WE KNOW AND CAN WALK WITH!

SIGNED, BUHARI CONVERT JANUARY 2011.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by Adamuhassa: 12:55am On Apr 06, 2011
jason123:

That is why people are supporting him.
CORRUPTION is our main problem not development. Once we can solve corruption and bring a bit of honesty and sincerity to the system and in the minds of people (the coming generation), development will surely come [/b]because no one will be diverting the money that is meant for development into their private accounts. As they say, "don't put the cart before the horse". You cannot want development without removing corruption.
As far as people can see, GEJ is proportional to aluta continua! He has not done anything to curb corruption.
All in all, GENUINE NIGERIANs at heart want Buhari and ethnic, regional bigots and people that are benefiting from the corrupt system will [b]likely
(notice the bolded) go for GEJ. cool

If you can show just ONE country that became developed because corruption was solved and 'a bit of honesty and sincerity' was brought into the system, I would vote for Buhari.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by Rossikk(m): 1:06am On Apr 06, 2011
^^ lol. You dey mind these people?

noblezone said:

mind you, Buhari was Petroluem minister during that OBJ period as military head of state

Really? And there I was wondering where he gets all the money to campaign for presidency every election.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 06, 2011
Rossikk:

^^ lol. You dey mind these people?

noblezone said:

Really? And there I was wondering where he gets all the money to campaign for presidency every election.

The guy has been there from the very beginning.

He fought the civil (though I wonder what is "civil" about the war! LOL!)
After the war, he became a governor of one the northern states as at then, before he became the Minister for Petroluem under OBJ.

The guy has been in the corridors of power. he really wants a piece of the action. OBJ disappointed him by handing over to the "bloody civilians". It took just four years to strategize with his gang criminally minded soldiers like IBB and Abacha to sack the Shagari led goverment. He was yet to enjoy his "turn" before IBB removed him.

It is only in Africa that we have such men who holds the destiny of a nation for 3 or more generations.

They (mis)ruled my fathers generation, (mis)ruled my generation and now about to ruin my childrens genertion.
It is a national shame.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by agabaI23(m): 1:28pm On Apr 06, 2011
Wadeoye:

Then tell me what he should I have said? Also tell me your understanding of the question.

- You are asking Buhari why he wanted to be president? Can't he aspire to be president? Or what is wrong or unconstituttional about him aspiring to be president? He response was to tell the journalist that the question doesn't make sense. Anybody can aspire to be president as long as you are constitutionally qualified, period - this is democracy. It is up to people to check the track record and decide to either vote for him or not.

So if you want to interviewing a prospective employee you cannot ask him why he wants the job? Or if you are an employee and you are asked why you have applied for a job, you will think it is a stupid question? O come on!

An intelligent man like Jarus knew his Oga goofed and he did not comment on it. He chose to use emotion to cover defend his inadequacy.

He is out of touch and people will call GEJ clueless and dumb. smh.

Let us be sincere for once. I accept it when GEJ goofs but you will always find a way to excuse his inadequacies. That is bigotry IMO.
Just accept that he is not up it guys.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by agabaI23(m): 1:30pm On Apr 06, 2011
Can we know who donated the 'chartered' plane he is going around with? At least he is a transparent guy.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by omo9ja1(m): 1:32pm On Apr 06, 2011
Well Buhari may not appear to be a sugar coated mouth politicians like others, but this guy has a rescure plan for Nigeria, let us allow a change I mean real change - if I vote my vote will not go for DPD
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by agabaI23(m): 1:37pm On Apr 06, 2011
Give us the plan ^
Do not use that as an excuse.

You will go to GEJ thread and say he cannot talk or he is dumb but here is your man answering out of context  meaning he is out of touch yet you won't accept.

He is clueless. Accept it!

When he could not perform in a debate you guys said he is a man of few words
When he could not answer questions you chose to interpret it as not having sugar coated tongue.

If it was GEJ, he will be a dumbo.

Double standard!

Exactly like Buhari who will jail a vice president and place the president in house arrest.
Abacha did not steal!
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by wikitruth: 1:39pm On Apr 06, 2011
I have read a lot of argument and counter argument on why people should vote Buhari or Jonathan (or other presidential candidate). I think in all, the questions every Nigerian should answer before going to the poll is
1) Are we happy with the way our country is?
2) Is corruption our greatest problem?
3) Do we have any hope of confronting this menace called corruption?
4) Will my candidate be able make do his electoral promises?
Let all these guide you in voting and not sentiment of, he is from my village. It does not make any difference whether is your village man eating your money or an outsider. The reality is that you don't have what you ought to have.
If any candidate can fight corruption and God fatherism, I believe the job of governance is 70% done. One major factor in governace (same as management) is ability to appoint right people for right job.
So Nigerians, don't forget that you reap what you sow, if you sow in corruption by voting corruption, you'll reap corruption, if you vote int cleaning this mess, you'll reap the same.
Let us all know that we are in a very deep shit.Just name it, our education is messed up, infrastructure is non-existnet, health care system, zero, security absent,. We need a change.
As for me, I am going for BB, the only ticket that guarantees election promise credibility. Buhari is not a good orator but in the 70's he delivered refineries, in the 80's he delivered inflation reductions and discipline, in the 90's, he delivered roads, hostels in Unis, drugs in hospital etc, in 2011 he will deliver.
Long live Nigeria.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by SkyBlue1: 1:42pm On Apr 06, 2011
agabaI23:

Give us the plan ^
Do not use that as an excuse.

You will go to GEJ thread and say he cannot talk or he is dumb but here is your man answering out of context  meaning he is out of touch yet you won't accept.

He is clueless. Accept it!

When he could not perform in a debate you guys said he is a man of few words
When he could not answer questions you chose to interpret it as not having sugar coated tongue.

If it was GEJ, he will be a dumbo.

Double standard!

Exactly like Buhari who will jail a vice president and place the president in house arrest.
Abacha did not steal!

True there is an element of double speak and it is quite obvious. At the end of the day though, elections tend to be about the person who you believe will do what he says, not the person who says the most (that is the way I feel anyway). We have had plans and plans in the past, we are not lacking in plans, we just need someone to implement and follow through on some of these proposals we keep hearing all the time.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by Excllncy(m): 1:44pm On Apr 06, 2011
As a young person, it didn’t take me much time to understand that Buhari is politically illiterate. I have wondered where is Buhari’s place in the international community, in the midst of Obama and Cameron. We cannot afford this error. NO! NEVER.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by agabaI23(m): 1:45pm On Apr 06, 2011
Sky Blue:

True there is an element of double speak and it is quite obvious. At the end of the day though, elections tend to be about the person who you believe will do what he says, not the person who says the most (that is the way I feel anyway). We have had plans and plans in the past, we are not lacking in plans, we just need someone to implement and follow through on some of these proposals we keep hearing all the time.
Power project is dear to my heart and all Nigerians. GEJ has gone to an advanced level in privatizing  the sector which is what we need. With the appointment of Barth Nnaji in June last year, a lot of progress has been made.

Buhari does not believe in privatization. He is still in 1978.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by agabaI23(m): 1:46pm On Apr 06, 2011
Excllncy:

As a young person, it didn’t take me much time to understand that Buhari is politically illiterate. I have wondered where is Buhari’s place in the international community, in the midst of Obama and Cameron. We cannot afford this error. NO! NEVER.
Unfortunately people are rejecting GEJ on the grounds that he is a 'retard' .

I wonder who is more of a retard now.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by ideylaff: 1:54pm On Apr 06, 2011

Nobody force you make u vote BB naw, abi,  grin

@ agabaI23 you go spam this thread oooo smiley
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by agabaI23(m): 1:59pm On Apr 06, 2011
ideylaff:

Nobody force you make u vote BB naw, abi,  grin

@ agabaI23 you go spam this thread oooo smiley
Bros, I no spam no thread but I hate double standard.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by xwolverine: 2:02pm On Apr 06, 2011
Adamuhassa:

If you can show just ONE country that became developed because corruption was solved and 'a bit of honesty and sincerity' was brought into the system, I would vote for Buhari.

JAPAN
GHANA
SINGAPORE
CHINA

Many of the alleged benefits from corruption, such as streamlining government transactions or enhancing civil service pay, only appear as such against the background of a public sector that is failing to perform effectively. The experience of economies such as Singapore indicates that patient and persistent efforts toward improved public sector management, by streamlining customs procedures or by paying wages that are competitive with the private sector, for example, are likely to result in greater benefits over time than tolerating relatively high levels of corruption to compensate for these deficiencies.

In light of the discussion above, we can affirm that corrupt and illicit behavior is a serious brake upon the development process. We should reject the argument that corruption's beneficial effects outweigh its negative consequences, or that it is inappropriate for international financial institutions to address such issues. Experience drawn from the Asia and Pacific region and elsewhere demonstrates that significant progress can be made in the struggle against corruption if the proper legal, institutional, and policy reforms are in place.

so even if its only corruption that we can reduce in this country, it will go a long way in solving many of our problems. Imagine if the $30billion was used to revive nepa? It would have reduced the amount of money spent on the importation of Generating sets, MTN and others would reduce their call tariffs, Dunlop would relocate back to Nigeria, thereby creating more employment opportunities,, I can go on and on, but the bottom line is everything is like a chain-reaction, they are interwoven and corruption is our main problem in Nigeria

God Bless Nigeria
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by johnjoel(m): 2:05pm On Apr 06, 2011
lipsrsealed cool shocked angry grin cheesy wink smiley cry undecided tongue cool sai buhari

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Faseun Paid To Cause Mayhem & Destabilise South West - ACN / Court Halts Judgement On Ayade / Katsina High Court Recovers Over ₦900 Million From Anchor Borrowers Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.