Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,707 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! (8186 Views)

Okada Riders Take Over Abuja Express, Headed To Eagle Square (photos) / Photo: Aisha Buhari Arrives Eagle Square For The Inauguration / Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by JimmyBoy1: 2:06pm On Apr 06, 2011
Hitler was probably the best orator of his time, but we know the kind of demon he  was. I agree that oratory skills is good if properly used, unfortunately bad guys have ability to use it to take advantage of weaker people while there are many performers who are not eloquent.

For the Bible students, Moses had to complain to God that he is slow in speech(Exodus 4:10) and can not talk, but that did not stop God from  using him to deliver israel from the bondage of  egypt, God merely appointed Aaron to help him do the talking, I believe this is one of Bakare's job.

BB all the way.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by agabaI23(m): 2:07pm On Apr 06, 2011
johnjoel:

lipsrsealed cool shocked angry grin cheesy wink smiley cry undecided tongue cool sai buhari
Correct man! You can still support him but you did well not excuse mediocrity.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by ideylaff: 2:22pm On Apr 06, 2011
Bros, I no spam no thread but I hate double standard.

@ agabaI23 , (i like the bros wey u call me )  wink u be wincheeee, how u take know say I old pass you, wink smiley
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by agabaI23(m): 2:25pm On Apr 06, 2011
xwolverine:

JAPAN
GHANA
SINGAPORE
CHINA

Many of the alleged benefits from corruption, such as streamlining government transactions or enhancing civil service pay, only appear as such against the background of a public sector that is failing to perform effectively. The experience of economies such as Singapore indicates that patient and persistent efforts toward improved public sector management, by streamlining customs procedures or by paying wages that are competitive with the private sector, for example, are likely to result in greater benefits over time than tolerating relatively high levels of corruption to compensate for these deficiencies.

In light of the discussion above, we can affirm that corrupt and illicit behavior is a serious brake upon the development process. We should reject the argument that corruption's beneficial effects outweigh its negative consequences, or that it is inappropriate for international financial institutions to address such issues. Experience drawn from the Asia and Pacific region and elsewhere demonstrates that significant progress can be made in the struggle against corruption if the proper legal, institutional, and policy reforms are in place.

so even if its only corruption that we can reduce in this country, it will go a long way in solving many of our problems. Imagine if the $30billion was used to revive nepa? It would have reduced the amount of money spent on the importation of Generating sets, MTN and others would reduce their call tariffs, Dunlop would relocate back to Nigeria, thereby creating more employment opportunities,, I can go on and on, but the bottom line is everything is like a chain-reaction, they are interwoven and corruption is our main problem in Nigeria

God Bless Nigeria
You are very funny if list China as a country that is not corrupt. BTW China has no democracy.
Nigeria is less corrupt than Russia http://www.guardian.co.uk/global-development/interactive/2010/oct/26/corruption-index-2010-countries-world

Based on that link, the corruption index of Nigeria is 2.8, Ghana 4.1, China 3.5, Russia 2.1, UK is 7.9.

Ghana is above China and Russia but there is no comparison between Ghana and any of the countries in development.

Nigeria is better than Russia when it comes to corruption but . . . fill the blank space.

Discalimer: I do not mean to say that corruption is to be condoned. I am simply saying like the world bank said earlier that corruption is not the problem of Nigeria. It is the will to move forward and the knowledge of what to do going forward which I can see very well in GEJ
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by agabaI23(m): 2:28pm On Apr 06, 2011
ideylaff:

@ agabaI23 , (i like the bros wey u call me )  wink u be wincheeee, how u take know say I old pass you, wink smiley
I did not call you' brother', I called you 'bros'. Check the difference.

However, you see none of Biology, chemistry or physics needs 'science' attached to it for people to know it is a science subject. But subject that want to be science like Agriculture demand the company of science grin. A friend told me this.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by ifyalways(f): 2:33pm On Apr 06, 2011
Hahahaha.
Agaba na u be dis?Since when? cheesy
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by agabaI23(m): 2:34pm On Apr 06, 2011
Since when did what happen?
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by denko(m): 2:39pm On Apr 06, 2011
it is only myopic youth that will vote  arrogant buhari. come to think of it, what  does he want in democracy after overthrowing democratically elected govt. we all cannot be dumb ass. buhari has nothing to offer other than to fight perceived foe.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by xwolverine: 2:44pm On Apr 06, 2011
agabaI23:

You are very funny if list China as a country that is not corrupt. BTW China has no democracy.
Nigeria is less corrupt than Russia http://www.guardian.co.uk/global-development/interactive/2010/oct/26/corruption-index-2010-countries-world

Based on that link, the corruption index of Nigeria is 2.8, Ghana 4.1, China 3.5, Russia 2.1, UK is 7.9.

Ghana is above China and Russia but there is no comparison between Ghana and any of the countries in development.

Nigeria is better than Russia when it comes to corruption but . . . fill the blank space.

Discalimer: I do not mean to say that corruption is to condoned. I am simply saying like the world bank said earlier that corruption is not the problem of Nigeria. It is the will to move forward and the knowledge of what to do going forward which I can see very well in GEJ

China is corrupt, but their corruption is not harming their economic growth, to me that is petty corruption.
Not a situation where a local government chairman will refuse to construct a road in the LG all because of his in-law's burial ceremony.

You can not compare Nigeria's level of corruption to China's
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by xwolverine: 2:45pm On Apr 06, 2011
Let's solve corruption first, then we can face whatever the next issue is
Let's take it one step at a time

God Bless Nigeria
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by BetaThings: 3:01pm On Apr 06, 2011
agabaI23:

Discalimer: I do not mean to say that corruption is to condoned. I am simply saying like the world bank said earlier that corruption is not the problem of Nigeria. It is the will to move forward and the knowledge of what to do going forward which I can see very well in GEJ

What is stopping that political will is corruption. Do you remember that it took Jonathan more than 6months to sign off on the last attempt at the privatisation of Nitel. Corruption makes it difficult to confront sacred cows when they are standing in the way of progress

Forget it. We know what to do. Look at Vision 2010, NEEDS, MDG 2015, Vision 20 2020
If we had the political will to implement them, we would have got somewhere
Do you remember that prof Soludo came up with a plan for Atiku that team Jonathan could not fault

Obasanjo wrote of Buhari: "Muhammed Buhari as a member of the Supreme Military Council and Head of Petroleum Dept was by nature introvert. But he took any work given to him very seriously. If he failed at whatever he did, it would not be because he did not put in his best. "He was as reliable as he was honest and hardworking".
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by agabaI23(m): 3:02pm On Apr 06, 2011
xwolverine:

China is corrupt, but their corruption is not harming their economic growth, to me that is petty corruption.
Not a situation where a local government chairman will refuse to construct a road in the LG all because of his in-law's burial ceremony.

You can not compare Nigeria's level of corruption to China's
And Russia nko?

Just accept that corruption is bad like we all know, but Nigeria will progress with corruption by the side.
Things like sectionalism, federal character, tribalism, mental laziness etc harm Nigeria more than corruption alone does.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by deesdee: 3:09pm On Apr 06, 2011
[b]AM SO SORRY FOR NIGERIA, BECAUSE THE THE TIME FOR CHANGE IS NOT SOON, IF WE ARE STILL THINKING OF PEOPLE LIKE BUHARI IN THE GOVERNMENT. HE HAS SHOWN HIM SELF FOR MANY TIMES NOW, BUHARI KEEPS TELLING US THAT THERE IS CORRUPTION I NIGERIA WE KNOW THAT, BUT HOW ARE YOU GOING TO TACKLE THE ISSUE?THAT ONE NO ANSWER, I DONT BELIEVE BUHARI IS A SAINT! PEOPLE ARE HAVING TRUST ON SOME ONE YOU NOT KNOW MUCH ABOUT.

I SAID THIS NOW AND AND GOING TO REMIND PEOPLE AGAIN AFTER 3 MONTH IF WE ARE STILL ALIVE, THAT IF BUHARI WON THIS ELECTION, IN THE NEXT THREE MONTH, PEOPLE ARE GOING TO START INSULTING HIM AND REGRETING HIM TO BE IN THAT OFFICE, COS WE ARE ALREADY EXPECTING SOO MUCH FROM HIM.

ANYWAY GOD BLESS NIGERIA, BUHARI, RIBADU, GOODLUCK, SHEKARAU ARE ALL NIGERIAS AND WE ARE NIGERIANS TOO ALL WE NEED TO DO IS TO PRAY FOR OUR GREAT NATION BECAUSE NOT EVEN BUHARI CAN TAKE THIS COUNTRY FORWARD WITH OUT THE HELP OF GOD.

I PRAY ALLAH GIVE US THE RIGHT LEADER WHO WILL TAKE THIS COUNTRY FORWARD NO MATTER WHO HE IS,  AMEEN grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[i]

[/i][/b]
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by BetaThings: 3:32pm On Apr 06, 2011
Beaf:

I think Buhari supporters overdo the "tears" thing. Its about politics and direction, not near religious love.

There is nothing soft or huggable about the man, neither is there any humility in him.
He might be sincere, but so is a man running at tearaway speed toward a cliff edge, because he believes there is enough gold at the end of the route to keep his family warm, secure and well fed.

The bottomline is, does the man understand the modern World? Is he sophisticated enough to operate skillfully in both social and international circles? Does he have the diplomacy a Nigerian president requires? Is he bigoted in any way? Does he have the skills to cope with questions and solutions about our federal architecture?
All the above questions are bigger than mere humility and sincerity. Looking back at his decree's (especially decree's 2 and 4) Buhari plainly lacks every tool for the modern World.
So Jonathan is humble? Think again
Calling the elected leaders of a region rascals in not humility
Having a presidential fleet that put the national airforce to shame is not humility
Refusing to tell us how a university lecturer and later deputy governor for 8 years amassed N268m by 2007 is not humility
Having 137  assistants is not humility
Reversing the established convention (by Yaradua) of publicly declaring assets is not humility
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by emcaluv(m): 3:39pm On Apr 06, 2011
Is Radio Nigeria part of BON?

I thought BB said that NTA, Radio Nigeria etc are GEJ's property.

Maybe, BB has been advised rightly. Not attending that proposed Debate/Manifesto/interview was a great mistake on their part. The harm has been done.

I am not condemning any aspirant but i think GEJ should be given a chance.

I will vote for him.

Period. No crime has been leveled against him either thro rumour or media. BB equally is not corrupt but we need Fresh Air abeg.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by BetaThings: 3:46pm On Apr 06, 2011
emcaluv:

Is Radio Nigeria part of BON?

I thought BB said that NTA, Radio Nigeria etc are GEJ's property.

Maybe, BB has been advised rightly. Not attending that proposed Debate/Manifesto/interview was a great mistake on their part. The harm has been done.

I am not condemning any aspirant but i think GEJ should be given a chance.

I will vote for him.

Period. No crime has been leveled against him either thro rumour or media. BB equally is not corrupt but we need Fresh Air abeg.
He did not say that GEJ owns NTA. He said that since Jonathan stod them up, he will not do attend
He also believes that GEj might have given advance knowledge of the questions
Don't be sure about GEJ

EFCC filed charges in a suit number FHC/ABJ/M/340/06 filed on August 21, 2007 at the Federal High Court, Abuja. In the suit, Mrs. Patience Jonathan, was named as an accomplice in the N104million-money laundering case involving Mrs. Nancy Ebere Nwosu. The said money as revealed by EFCC then was on the order of Mrs Patience Goodluck, laundered into a First Bank of Nigeria account number 3292010060711 held in the name of Nansolyvan Public Relations Limited by one Hanner Offor. As a result, the EFCC’s affidavit used in supporting the suit’s originating summons, filed by the EFCC prosecuting counsel, Ofem Uket declared that:

“Our investigations revealed that Mrs. Patience Jonathan, wife of the Governor of Bayelsa State, was the person who instructed one Hanner Offor to launder the said sum of N104, 000, 000 into the account of Nansolyvan Public Relations Limited with First Bank of Nigeria Plc (FBN), Niger House, Marina, Lagos.”
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by 3kay945(m): 3:54pm On Apr 06, 2011
deesdee:

AM SO SORRY FOR NIGERIA, BECAUSE THE THE TIME FOR CHANGE IS NOT SOON, IF WE ARE STILL THINKING OF PEOPLE LIKE BUHARI IN THE GOVERNMENT. HE HAS SHOWN HIM SELF FOR MANY TIMES NOW, BUHARI KEEPS TELLING US THAT THERE IS CORRUPTION I NIGERIA WE KNOW THAT, BUT HOW ARE YOU GOING TO TACKLE THE ISSUE?THAT ONE NO ANSWER, I DONT BELIEVE BUHARI IS A SAINT! PEOPLE ARE HAVING TRUST ON SOME ONE YOU NOT KNOW MUCH ABOUT.

I SAID THIS NOW AND AND GOING TO REMIND PEOPLE AGAIN AFTER 3 MONTH IF WE ARE STILL ALIVE, THAT IF BUHARI WON THIS ELECTION, IN THE NEXT THREE MONTH, PEOPLE ARE GOING TO START INSULTING HIM AND REGRETING HIM TO BE IN THAT OFFICE, COS WE ARE ALREADY EXPECTING SOO MUCH FROM HIM.

ANYWAY GOD BLESS NIGERIA, BUHARI, RIBADU, GOODLUCK, SHEKARAU ARE ALL NIGERIAS AND WE ARE NIGERIANS TOO ALL WE NEED TO DO IS TO PRAY FOR OUR GREAT NATION BECAUSE NOT EVEN BUHARI CAN [b]TAKE THIS COUNTRY FORWARD WITH OUT THE HELP OF GOD.

I PRAY ALLAH GIVE US THE RIGHT LEADER WHO WILL TAKE THIS COUNTRY FORWARD NO MATTER WHO HE IS,  AMEEN grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[i]

[/i][/b]

nigerians still have to vote wisely for GOD to help us, any thing different from this is purely rubbish and irrational
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by umar2: 3:57pm On Apr 06, 2011
Fellow Nigerians, please let’s all learn to speak and accept the truth, its does not matter if the Presidential Candidate is a Muslim, Christian, from the North, West, East and South. What matters is who would take us to the promise land. I don’t care if the Presidential candidate last forever, what matters to me is my future and the future of my beloved family. "Haba" is high time we put a stop to this Twin Disasters amongst us Today “Corruption and Politics”. Let’s look back 12yrs ago and compare it with what we have today. $16Billion on Power 2.4Trillion Naira, and nobody is saying anything, Abj/Okene, Abj/Abaji , Abj/Lokoja and many more, even the Abuja Road itself continues re-awarding of contracts, Look at the Poor State of our Institutions today, Industries, don’t forget over 100billion was injected and noting to write home, our road have become death traps, Our Foreign reserve keeps drying by the day, 25%of our hard earn budgets goes to our Sleeping Parliament Members, House of Rep and Senates, and even Ministers, with Bogus Allowances that keeps increasing by the day, Telecom Exploitations, Transcop, NITEL,MTEL, and continues award of contract to rehabilitate the Transportation Sector, Water, Air, Rail and Road in Nigeria. GEJ Achievements again in 9months, Depleting of our foreign reserve, from $40billion to almost Zero, and noting to show for it, Endless Jos Crises, Boko Haram killings, 100million on PDP Daily campaign spendings, JTF Niger Delta crises, Bayelsa Bombings, Portharcourt Stampede, Oct1 Bombings, Extravagant 50years Celebration over 10billion, Minna Bombing, Abj Barack Explosion, etc to many to list. What an achievement. BB might not be a Saint, because no one is perfect. His is the only person i see that have the heart for the less privileged Nigerians. Vote BB2011. He might be an illiterate, i care less, all we need now is the person that has the fear of God, transparency, accountability and perseverance. Lets vote a Leader not and a Ruler. I am from Kogi State, Ebira to be precise, don’t mistake my identity. VOTE BB2011.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by 3kay945(m): 4:02pm On Apr 06, 2011
denko:

it is only myopic youth that will vote  arrogant buhari. come to think of it, what  does he want in democracy after overthrowing democratically elected govt. we all cannot be dumb backside. buhari has nothing to offer other than to fight perceived foe.

you are damn wrong dude,, you need to think again, meditate on it. it you that is myopic ,
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by Aks(m): 4:03pm On Apr 06, 2011
@ umar2----God bless you real good for the POST above. What we need is a leader and not a Ruler------ what a word!!!!!!!!!!!1
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by Dave6: 4:07pm On Apr 06, 2011
Quote from Agaba123
When he could not perform in a debate you guys said he is a  man of few words
When he could not answer questions you chose to interpret it  as not having sugar coated tongue.

grin  grin  grin

Quote from Xwolverine
China is corrupt, but their corruption is not harming their  economic growth, to me that is petty corruption. Not a situation where a local government chairman will refuse to construct a road in the LG all because of his in-law's burial  ceremony. You can not compare Nigeria's level of corruption to China's

According to the World Bank Corruption Index,
Nigeria - 2.8
China - 3.5

You can clearly see that China has the problem of corruption more than Nigeria, but their economy is making great progress.

The problem of corruption in our Country can only be solved when our individual citizens resolve to do the right things at all times, which can be encouraged by them witnessing and enjoying the benefits a prosperous economy.
Not by someone coming into power and using most of the time looking for who to probe.
I mean, how does he intend to go about this when
1. He claimed Abacha did not loot
2. He has the same individuals that were part of the country's problems now in his own party/administration
3. He (himself) also has querries to settle concerning 2.5bn unaccounted for in PTF. And he refused to honour the invitation to the Oputal Panel.

I too, have always wished to see all past looters brought to justice, but done without 'fear or favour'.
Probing some and leaving some out (and even speaking for some) is still part of the corruption, and the total work done would be zero!
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by umar2: 4:18pm On Apr 06, 2011
Fellow Nigerians, please let’s all learn to speak and accept the truth, its does not matter if the Presidential Candidate is a Muslim, Christian, from the North, West, East and South. What matters is who would take us to the promise land. I don’t care if the Presidential candidate last forever, what matters to me is my future and the future of my beloved family. "Haba" is high time we put a stop to this Twin Disasters amongst us Today “Corruption and Politics”. Let’s look back 12yrs ago and compare it with what we have today. $16Billion on Power 2.4Trillion Naira, and nobody is saying anything, Abj/Okene, Abj/Abaji , Abj/Lokoja and many more, even the Abuja Road itself continues re-awarding of contracts, Look at the Poor State of our Institutions today, Industries, don’t forget over 100billion was injected and noting to write home, our road have become death traps, Our Foreign reserve keeps drying by the day, 25%of our hard earn budgets goes to our Sleeping Parliament Members, House of Rep and Senates, and even Ministers, with Bogus Allowances that keeps increasing by the day, Telecom Exploitations, Transcop, NITEL,MTEL, and continues award of contract to rehabilitate the Transportation Sector, Water, Air, Rail and Road in Nigeria. GEJ Achievements again in 9months, Depleting of our foreign reserve, from $40billion to almost Zero, and noting to show for it, Endless Jos Crises, Boko Haram killings, 100million on PDP Daily campaign spendings, JTF Niger Delta crises, Bayelsa Bombings, Portharcourt Stampede, Oct1 Bombings, Extravagant 50years Celebration over 10billion, Minna Bombing, Abj Barack Explosion, etc to many to list. What an achievement. BB might not be a Saint, because no one is perfect. His is the only person i see that have the heart for the less privileged Nigerians. Vote BB2011. He might be an illiterate, i care less, all we need now is the person that has the fear of God, transparency, accountability and perseverance. Lets vote a Leader not and a Ruler. I am from Kogi State, Ebira to be precise, don’t mistake my identity. VOTE BB2011.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by umar2: 4:30pm On Apr 06, 2011
Fellow Nigerians, please let’s all learn to speak and accept the truth, its does not matter if the Presidential Candidate is a Muslim, Christian, from the North, West, East and South. What matters is who would take us to the promise land. I don’t care if the Presidential candidate last forever, what matters to me is my future and the future of my beloved family. "Haba" is high time we put a stop to this Twin Disasters amongst us Today “Corruption and Politics”. Let’s look back 12yrs ago and compare it with what we have today. $16Billion on Power 2.4Trillion Naira, and nobody is saying anything, Abj/Okene,  Abj/Abaji , Abj/Lokoja and many more, even the Abuja Road itself continues re-awarding of contracts, Look at the Poor State of our Institutions today, Industries, don’t forget over 100billion was injected and noting to write home, our road have become death traps, Our Foreign reserve keeps drying by the day, 25%of our hard earn budgets goes to our Sleeping  Parliament  Members, House of Rep and Senates, and even Ministers, with Bogus Allowances that keeps increasing by the day, Telecom Exploitations, Transcop, NITEL,MTEL, and continues award of contract to rehabilitate the Transportation Sector, Water, Air, Rail and Road in Nigeria. GEJ Achievements  again in 9months, Depleting of our foreign reserve, from $40billion to almost Zero, and noting to show for it, Endless Jos Crises, Boko Haram killings, 100million on PDP Daily campaign spendings, JTF Niger Delta crises, Bayelsa Bombings, Portharcourt Stampede, Oct1 Bombings, Extravagant 50years Celebration over 10billion, Minna Bombing, Abj Barack Explosion, etc to many to list. What an achievement. BB might not be a Saint, because no one is perfect. His is the only person i see that have the heart for the less privileged Nigerians. Vote BB2011. He might be an illiterate, i care less, all we need now is the person that has the fear of God, transparency, accountability and perseverance. Lets vote a Leader not and a Ruler. I am from Kogi State, Ebira to be precise, don’t mistake my identity. VOTE BB2011.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by Bensonite: 4:46pm On Apr 06, 2011
umar2:

I am sure you must be sick making this erroneous post appear twice.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by Bensonite: 4:59pm On Apr 06, 2011
Buhari is a coupist and should be charged for treason and violating the constitution of Nigeria. The 1979 constitution which was in place when Buhari committed that crime called coup reads in part" The Federal Republic of Nigeria shall not be governed, nor shall person or group of persons take control of the government of Nigeria or any part thereof, except in accordance with the provisions of the constitution".
Has he been tried or ever apologised to Nigerians,
Talking about his public speech - I am ashamed that He is not only poor in the use of English but also has low IQ. I am wondering if he ever passed any exam but planning coup. During his military dictatorship, Idiagbom did most of the speaking since he is lazy.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by alisigwe(m): 5:10pm On Apr 06, 2011
Gosh!,wondering what's going happen if buhari wins?
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 06, 2011
alisigwe:

Gosh!,wondering what's going happen if buhari wins?

Nigeria will be taken backwards period.

Like OBJ, Like IBB, Like Buhari: The generation that pocketed Nigeria.

It was just six years into our independence (our first republic), it came like a lightening, the military boys had taken over with some marshal music and speeches of "hope" aimed at hiding their lust for power.
It was termed an "Igbo" coup, and many Igbos paid dearly for what they didn't know. The power game of the military boys, led to a civil and among the prominent names in that war who are still alive are Obasanjo, IBB and Buhari. Was it the war to keep Nigeria one that kept the military boys holding on to power from 1967 to 1979 (12 years)? Or was it the fact that these elements of brutality had tasted and got addicted to the "honeyed" flavours of power?
They had a break from 1979 to 1983 (just 4 years), and then they came back to power with the same marshal music and the some speeches of "hope", yet hiding their lust for power. If the 1966 coup was a mistake, what then led Buhari and his gang to carry out the 1983 coup? The ethnic tapes was not used to measure the 1983 coup simply because the then President was from the North and the criminal gang of coupists was led by Notherners and Buhari to be specific. Yet, the 1966 coup and the 1983 coup had the same tone of "We the boys with the gun, want to taste the sweet flavours of power".

The "senoir" boys of the military hoped to taste the "thing" one by one, but unfortunately, whosoever gets in, found the "thing" so sweet that he would not want to get out. Did you hear the Gusau of a guy, who recently claimed that IBB was greedy for seeking to rule Nigeria again? According to him, there was an agreement for “a turn by turn” among them and he was insisting it was his turn.
Gowon's turn was so long and he was forced out, Mohammed who took over was just about a year in the “thing” but was killed by younger men who got tired of the “big boys”. OBJ as second in command took over and made haste for the second republic. Buhari destroyed the second republic, but was yet to enjoy his turn, when IBB got impatient and forced him out. IBB didn't really want to go, but had to “step aside” hoping for a better day. Buhari has not forgotten the taste of the "thing". He wants it back at all cost: he wants to complete his turn. When Abacha, offered a small space during his (Abacha's) turn, he jumped at it with the hope off clinching the "thing" at the slightest opportunity. Buhari with all his “integrity and honesty” headed Abacha’s PTF (Petroleum Thieving Fund?) and thinks that some of us will not ask questions of what were really his true intentions?

General Sir, was it love for Nigeria or love for the “thing” that made you to crawl under Abacha’s table to eat from the crumbs of brutality and corruption?

Then, when Abacha got killed from heavy overdose of the “thing”, IBB led the northern “boys” to look for a likeminded Yoruba who also is among the military “boys” to submit the “thing” to. This search for a likeminded Yoruba was because the ethnic tape was once again used to measure the “thing”: Abiola was Yoruba and it was obvious that except the Yoruba handles the “thing” as at then, Nigeria would most likely break. The likeminded Yoruba was OBJ. The thoughts of the Northern “boys” who due to the ethnic war had gained prominence in the army was that OBJ would hand over after four years (a feat he performed 1979, when he handed over to Shagari without any struggle). Unfortunately, the OBJ they knew had changed: OBJ wanted the “thing” for as long as he has breathe. He discarded the agreement to hand over to IBB and his likes and was rather going for a 3rd term.

Haa! 3rd term: The 3rd term phenomenon almost tore Nigeria to shreds. The generals were at war and Nigerians had to suffer. Nigerians were crying to God and also were working had to stop OBJ. Thank God, we succeeded.
Among the popular arguments then was by someone who said that OBJ belonged to the generation of his fathers and was among those who “led” Nigeria as at then. When his generation came, OBJ was among those “leading” Nigeria and it was then the turn of his children’s generation, OBJ was still “leading” Nigeria. Finally, OBJ was also planning to “lead” the generation of his grand children.
The call was “Say no to third term”.

When we rejected OBJ, he out of anger handed it over to Yaradua, a “northerner”, in whom the “northern boys” will find some respect. As Yaradua left the “thing” to answer God’s call, the “boys” were excited that it was time once more to take a shot at the “thing”. Nigerians with the proper perspective had said no to IBB, but I am wondering why so many of them are carried away with the Buhari fanfare.
Let me borrow that line of the ”generations”:
During my fathers time, Buhari was among the “leaders”, during my time (I was in secondary school when he took over by gun), Buhari was among the “leaders” . Now, it is my children’s time and Buhari will be “leading” Nigeria? Perhaps, even the generation of my grand children will likely see Buhari “leading” Nigeria.
This is cannot be, this must not be. The present state of Ngieria was heavily the product of many factors, but a major contributor is the school of thought power hungry soldiers who would do anything to have power. Buhari is among them and Nigerians must stop him.

If we said to the tyranny of OBJs third term, let us equally say no to the “Sai Buhari” movement, because it is a big lie. Buhari is selling a dummy to Nigerians. “Sai Buhari” is a great insult to about 150 million Nigerians. In the 60s; Buhari. In the 70s; Buhari, in the 80s; Buhari, in the 90s; Buhari, in the 00s; Buhari and now in the 10s; still Buhari. If Buhari’s insult is not to the generation of the 80’s and 90’s ( those who perhaps are only hearing of him now), he is to my generation.
Nigerians will be making a great mistake by voting Buhari into power. Say no to this generation of power hungry soldiers who pocketed Nigeria for about 50 years now. They are all old men, yet their lust for power is unquenchable.
He that have ears, let him hear.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by eros(m): 6:09pm On Apr 06, 2011
My conspiracy theory is this: When BB wins, Buhari will fall sick or suffer an ill fate that will make him kick the bucket, then Pastor Bakare will become Nigeria's President and true sanity will be restored to Nigeria.

Pastor Bakare is the real President in disguise. Buhari cannot do much for Nigeria because he is on a revenge mission, but God will use Pastor Bakare to lift Nigeria up to greatness once again.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 06, 2011
eros:

My conspiracy theory is this: When BB wins, Buhari will fall sick or suffer an ill fate that will make him kick the bucket, then Pastor Bakare will become Nigeria's President and true sanity will be restored to Nigeria.

Pastor Bakare is the real President in disguise. Buhari cannot do much for Nigeria because he is on a revenge mission, but God will use Pastor Bakare to lift Nigeria up to greatness once again.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

What did you just say?
It will be "Sai Buhari" even in the grave. Have you forgotten the Yaradua case? Its not as simple as you think.
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by dayokanu(m): 7:02pm On Apr 06, 2011
Wow.

What a sincere man, The president we need.

Sai Buhari
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by agabaI23(m): 7:10pm On Apr 06, 2011
dayokanu:

Wow.

What a sincere man, The president we need.

Sai Buhari
DK  grin grin grin
I thought you were impartial?
Re: Did Anybody Listen To Buhari On Radio Nigeria's Programme (eagle Square)! by kayoday(m): 7:47pm On Apr 06, 2011
Just realized that i might not be around to cast my vote for BB, but i will canvass as much as 20 votes daily for BB before the dee day.
BB supporters stop arguing with ardent PDP paid agent here on nairaland, they are doing their job. Hit the street and get more converts you cant change PDP supporters on nairaland at all. Got to go , will be pepper soup joint tonight to get converts. It is so easy, just start argument on political matters and from there u get going
BB team we got a lot of work to do , the truth is GEJ very popular in Lagos but the trend can be reversed with hard work.

Naija ko ni baje ooooooo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices / Kogi 2019: I’m Not Contesting – Faleke Restates / Abdullahi Sule: Nigerians Will Appreciate Buhari More When He Leaves Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.