Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,767 members, 7,851,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:28 AM

Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana (1646 Views)

Anambra: Igbokwe Wails Over Apc’s Failure, Says Igbos Will Remain Onlookers / Lagos Government Begins House-to-house Sharing Of Stimulus Package To The Aged / Lagos Government Brought Foodstuff To My Doorstep.. Have You Gotten Your Own? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana by Aconomist: 1:18pm On Feb 02, 2021
Lagos’ state governor was dismayed to read about a new hospital opening in Ghana’s capital Accra last year. The name was familiar: the investors had come to his city — Africa’s largest — first, but looked elsewhere when it could not deliver the tax holidays and visa-free entry they wanted.“ These were some difficult moments for us, because all of the things they were asking at that time . . . [were] deliverables that were only at the federal level,” said Babajide Sanwo-Olu in an interview with the Financial Times.

As Nigeria reels from its second recession in less than five years and confronts a deadly coronavirus second wave, Mr Sanwo-Olu wants greater autonomy for the country’s commercial capital to allow it to better compete for investment with an African state with a far smaller economy than the megacity.

https://www.ft.com/content/eca6f672-4ee6-4dd0-94c4-9213294b61fb
Re: Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 02, 2021
Na him lost sanwo. If human no come angry pig will come and treat his stubbornness

Re: Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana by Designsking: 1:27pm On Feb 02, 2021
As if they don't know for years

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana by seunmsg(m): 1:28pm On Feb 02, 2021
Lagos need that special status law urgently! Gbajabiamila and other progressive lawmakers should act fast and get it passed.
Re: Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana by Sammy07: 1:29pm On Feb 02, 2021
seunmsg:
Lagos need that special status law urgently!

But was rejected when it was raised.
Not only Lagos needs it.

South west needs it

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana by seunmsg(m): 1:31pm On Feb 02, 2021
Sammy07:

But was rejected when it was raised.
Not only Lagos needs it.

South west needs it

Our friends from the other side of the south joined Saraki and some ignorant northerners to kill the bill out of envy. What we need is to engage them better this time around. Gbajabiamila and Lawan are on the progressive side, they can get it done.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:36pm On Feb 02, 2021
seunmsg:
Lagos need that special status law urgently! Gbajabiamila and other progressive lawmakers should act fast and get it passed.
grin na mouth dem de take pass bill

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana by Sammy07: 1:37pm On Feb 02, 2021
seunmsg:

Our friends from the other side of the south joined Saraki and some ignorant northerners to kill the bill out of envy. What we need is to engage them better this time around. Gbajabiamila and Lawan are on the progressive side, they can get it done.

Akeredolu made mention of it probably 2 months ago or so.

The bill has been re drafted and re written.
With the Attorney generals of the 6 SW states giving it their assertion.
We hope it will be accepted this time.

We already have DAWN and akeredolu said it can be incorporated and both SWDC and DAWN can work together for the betterment of SW.

https://www.nairaland.com/6329892/south-west-governors-push-regional-development

As for our brothers.
Nothing can stop the development of SW.
That's just a fact.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:37pm On Feb 02, 2021
seunmsg:

Anambra also needs special status,let's work together to achieve both of them

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:41pm On Feb 02, 2021
Sammy07:

We already have DAWN and akeredolu said it can be incorporated and both SWDC and DAWN can work together for the betterment of SW.

https://www.nairaland.com/6329892/south-west-governors-push-regional-development

As for our brothers.
That's just a fact.

grin grin You people actually expect the NASS to pass a bill giving special attention to all the SW states? cheesy cheesy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana by Sammy07: 1:45pm On Feb 02, 2021
PaChukwudi44:

grin grin You people actually expect the NASS to pass a bill giving special attention to all the SW states? cheesy cheesy

Let's see how it goes.
If Niger Delta can be given special status

And North East

Then what stops SW? That contributes majorly to non oil revenue for Nigeria?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana by seunmsg(m): 1:52pm On Feb 02, 2021
Sammy07:

As for our brothers.
That's just a fact.

I remember the thread very well, it was about SWDC. While i have my reservations about regional development commissions based on what we've all seen from NDDC and NEDC, i still support the idea. However, the demand for Lagos to get a special status is different from the demand for SWDC.

Lagos is the commercial capital of Nigeria and the former administrative capital of the country. All over the world when administrative capital are moved away from a city, the city is given a special status to be able to cope with peculiar challenges it would face as a former capital. Germany and South Africa are good examples.

The special status will grant the state additional revenue from the federation account and also aloow the state government make more decisions as regards economic activities without FG approval. If some of the issues raised by the hospital investors were within the powers of the state government, the hospital would have been built in Lagos and not Ghana. Issues like this is what the special status aims to resolve.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana by Sammy07: 1:56pm On Feb 02, 2021
seunmsg:

I remember the thread very well, it was about SWDC. While i have my reservations about regional development commissions based on what we've all seen from NDDC and NEDC, i still support the idea. However, the demand for Lagos to get a special status is different from the demand for SWDC.

Lagos is the commercial capital of Nigeria and the former administrative capital of the country. All over the world when administrative capital are moved away from a city, the city is given a special status to be able to cope with peculiar challenges it would face as a former capital. Germany and South Africa are good examples.

I understand you but you know the country we dey.
If Lagos is given special status then I doubt if SWDC will see the light of the day.
And Lagos will be for Lagos only undecided

But if SWDC is granted.
It will touch all the 6 SW states. And the development will be faster.

But let's see what will happen sha
Re: Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana by seunmsg(m): 2:01pm On Feb 02, 2021
Sammy07:

I understand you but you know the country we dey.
If Lagos is given special status then I doubt if SWDC will see the light of the day.
And Lagos will be for Lagos only undecided

But if SWDC is granted.
It will touch all the 6 SW states. And the development will be faster.

But let's see what will happen sha

We can't get SWDC alone. Others will demand for NWDC, SEDC and NCDC. Can the federation bear the financial burden?
Re: Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana by Sammy07: 2:04pm On Feb 02, 2021
seunmsg:

We can't get SWDC alone. Others will demand for NWDC, SEDC and NCDC. Can the federation bear the financial burden?

They will have to bear it noni.
How much is NEDC generating for them to grant them the status?

NDDC we understand but NEDC? No.

Economic immigration, Revenue are enough reasons SWDC should be given.
Re: Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:07pm On Feb 02, 2021
Keep on leaving the substance and chasing shadows!
Re: Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana by Aconomist: 2:08pm On Feb 02, 2021
Sammy07:

Let's see how it goes.

And North East

It should be lagos alone getting special status, stop being stupid. Trying to include the whole South West is a poison pill for the bill.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana by Sammy07: 2:09pm On Feb 02, 2021
PROUDIGBO:
Keep on leaving the substance and chasing shadows!

We didn't ask for your help
Re: Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana by Sammy07: 2:09pm On Feb 02, 2021
[s]
Aconomist:
It should be lagos alone getting special status, stop being stupid. Trying to include the whole South West is a poison pill for the bill.
[/s]

And NEDC is what?
Re: Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana by Aconomist: 2:14pm On Feb 02, 2021
Sammy07:

And NEDC is what?
Let Lagos stand alone instead of dragging it into your SW politics. Outside of Lagos, the SW is a jungle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana by Sammy07: 2:15pm On Feb 02, 2021
[s]
Aconomist:
Let Lagos stand alone instead of dragging it into your SW politics. Outside of Lagos, the SW is a jungle.
[/s]

Your region is not doing better than SW
Re: Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana by Aconomist: 2:19pm On Feb 02, 2021
seunmsg:

The special status will grant the state additional revenue from the federation account and also aloow the state government make more decisions as regards economic activities without FG approval. If some of the issues raised by the hospital investors were within the powers of the state government, the hospital would have been built in Lagos and not Ghana. Issues like this is what the special status aims to resolve.
Bingo. Lagos is Nigeria's Hong Kong. Lumping it together with wilderness areas like Oyo, Osun and Eketi would be a disservice to Lagos. It needs to stand alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana by Danzakidakura(m): 2:29pm On Feb 02, 2021
seunmsg:

Fulani has taken over your land

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana by seunmsg(m): 2:40pm On Feb 02, 2021
Danzakidakura:
Fulani has taken over your land

Yes o. Especially Abia and Ebonyin land.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana by baralatie(m): 2:43pm On Feb 02, 2021
PaChukwudi44:

grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana by jimyjames(m): 3:26pm On Feb 02, 2021
seunmsg:

but you people gave a yes to North East development commission that the region is a war zone, but gave a no to the south East development commission that we have recovered from the civil war

what is good for you is also good for us, same special status you need we need it too
Re: Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana by Shaolin0147(m): 3:53pm On Feb 02, 2021
Sammy07:

Let's see how it goes.

And North East

SW don't contribute shit to FG, stop this rubbish propaganda already
Re: Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana by Shaolin0147(m): 3:56pm On Feb 02, 2021
Sammy07:

Your region is not doing better than SW
Says an ignorant monkey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana by Sammy07: 3:58pm On Feb 02, 2021
Shaolin0147:
Says an ignorant monkey

I dare you to tell me your region.
Its not doing better than SW

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana by Greenback: 4:11pm On Feb 02, 2021
post=98672673] Says an ignorant monkey[/quote][quote author=:
Bingo. Lagos is Nigeria's Hong Kong. Lumping it together with wilderness areas like Oyo, Osun and Eketi would be a disservice to Lagos. It needs to stand alone.

Chai!!!!!! LWKMD!!!!!!!

See finishing!!!!!

See as them dey bulala their yansh and yet Na ebonyi,anambra be their problem!!!!
See as sammy07 dake,humble finish!!!! The fear of their master izza zha beginning of wisdom grin grin
ignorant monkey I.M.

bingo,as in aja
I DEY LAFF o
Re: Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana by Greenback: 4:15pm On Feb 02, 2021
seunmsg:

Yes o. Especially Abia and Ebonyin land.

See?! grin

Somebody from ur masters called you b.ngo but instead,you respond with ebonyi anambra,chai!!!!!

grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Government Wails For Restructuring As Investors Flock To Ghana by GallantDuke(m): 4:17pm On Feb 02, 2021
Na today you realize that abi?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Could this be the end of the road for Dr. Pantami? / Every Well Meaning Biafran Should Call For Head Of DOS Immediate Resignation / 2023: Our Problem With Tinubu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.