Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,904 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP (24483 Views)

Osinbajo Should Apologise To God, Nigerians Over Trader Moni - Timi Frank Says / Prof Yemi Osinbajo Should Resign / I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP by iwaeda: 5:01pm On Feb 03, 2021
Serving Overseer of the Citadel Global Community Church in Lagos, Pastor Tunde Bakare, says Prof Yemi Osinbajo should leave if is not allowed to perform his role as the Vice-President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Bakare, however, said he did not believe reports that Osinbajo was being handicapped in office and not allowed to perform his constitutional role, adding that he would like to hear directly from the horse’s mouth.

The cleric spoke on Tuesday night in an Instagram Live Chat with popular journalist, Dele Momodu, monitored by The PUNCH.

He said, “I do not know if that statement is true that he is not allowed to perform because the constitution is very clear on what the role of the vice-president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is, especially as it relates to steering the economy of the nation.

“Before I accepted General Muhammadu Buhari’s offer, I said what would be my role because I am not prepared to be a spare tyre and he said to me that my role will be as prescribed by the constitution and as many other things as you can be given to do.

“I want to hear it one day from the vice-president that he is not allowed to perform. I don’t like rumour and I don’t like gossip. If he is not allowed to perform, I would wonder what he is still doing there because he is not allowed to perform.

“If he is content in his office and he is given responsibilities and he is discharging those responsibilities to the best of his ability, I do not believe the story that he is not allowed to perform. If that is true, let him say so and not other people saying he is not allowed to perform.

"There is constitutional role for the vice-president, it is spelt out in black and white. If he is not allowed to do that, then, what is he doing there? Because if I am enrolled as a teacher and I am not allowed to teach in that school, I will look for another school.”

The PUNCH had reported that the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), said that he decided not to hand over power to Osinbajo when he travelled to the United Kingdom on a private visit from April 25 to May 5, 2019 because there was no constitutional requirement for him to do so.

In the past, Buhari had been known to hand over power to his deputy anytime he was travelling out of the country for unofficial engagements.

For instance, when the President travelled to London on a working leave on August 3, 2018 and returned on the 18th, spending a total of 16 days, he handed over to Osinbajo.

It was while Osinbajo was acting President during the same period that he sacked the Director-General of the Department of State Services, Lawal Daura, a move that was said to have been vehemently opposed by those close to the President.

Incidentally, since Daura’s sacking, the President has not transferred power to Osinbajo again.

https://punchng.com/osinbajo-should-leave-if-hes-not-allowed-to-perform-says-bakare/

7 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP by Kriss216: 5:02pm On Feb 03, 2021
Okay, let’s pretend he’s not allowed to perform, how about to speak up for his people slaughtered by the Fulani herdsmen?

In a nutshell, Osibanjo is a failure. A professor of law assslicking a NEPA bill holder!

189 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP by edo3(m): 5:24pm On Feb 03, 2021
Another one..wetin concern osinbajo so far d money dey role inside his acct n his family future is secured.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP by Bola146(f): 5:25pm On Feb 03, 2021
Kriss216:
Okay, let’s pretend he’s not allowed to perform, how about to speak up for his people slaughtered by the Fulani herdsmen?

In a nutshell, Osibanjo is a failure. A professor of law assslicking a NEPA bill holder!

God bless you, or he should resign!

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP by johnmartus(m): 5:27pm On Feb 03, 2021
He should abdicate that position buhari men are killing your people.

13 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP by Brendaniel: 5:39pm On Feb 03, 2021
It's what he signed for, however I pray he has a good plan B, if not his name will be soiled seriously like fashola by the time he is leaving office, I used to be proud of them that we all went to the same secondary school, but now I'm ashamed of them...

Osinbajo leaving that office now is a bit late rather not too late, He can still do something by resigning or go against his principal and the cabals...

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP by ChizzyBuna(m): 5:39pm On Feb 03, 2021
“Before I accepted General Muhammadu Buhari’s offer, I said what would be my role because I am not prepared to be a "spare tyre"

Did he just call Osibanjo a Spare Tyre?? grin grin grin
Wahala be like Ice Cream

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP by MsAllison(f): 5:39pm On Feb 03, 2021
Kriss216:

Osinbajo is a criminal

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP by Articul8(m): 5:39pm On Feb 03, 2021
I don tell am before. He no dey hear word

If he still wants to earn Nigerians trust and save himself some dignity,he should just honourably leave. Sone said his life will be at stake

7 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP by Dailymice: 5:40pm On Feb 03, 2021
cheesy
Re: Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP by PureMe01: 5:40pm On Feb 03, 2021
He should dare and speak up against Fulani herdsmen attacking his people and he will see

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP by Dee60: 5:40pm On Feb 03, 2021
So that who should replace him?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP by supereagle(m): 5:40pm On Feb 03, 2021
He will stay put.
Re: Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP by petertamtam6(m): 5:40pm On Feb 03, 2021
Ass how!
Re: Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 5:40pm On Feb 03, 2021
U were suppose to be Buhari vice grin grin angry

Now u have seen his tru colour

3 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP by Writendearn: 5:41pm On Feb 03, 2021
angry
Re: Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP by setobaba: 5:41pm On Feb 03, 2021
Pls whats going underneath in this nation ??

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP by butterfly777(m): 5:41pm On Feb 03, 2021
Hmnn

Maybe God is using him in a way that is not obvious to all. You know he can't be hugging the headlines, for wise reasons.

Just maybe.

5 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP by Memphis357(m): 5:41pm On Feb 03, 2021
Leadership by example is lacking in this APC government.

6 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP by Mikepenny5(m): 5:41pm On Feb 03, 2021
G
Re: Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP by omoadeleye(m): 5:42pm On Feb 03, 2021
johnmartus:
He should abdicate that position buhari men are killing your people.

He cannot just leave like that sha
Re: Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP by KossyKiss97(f): 5:42pm On Feb 03, 2021
Very true. I second

Make this valentine's day different. Gift your loved one with a piece of land. Say goodbye to boxers,singlets,flowers and chocolates.
Buy them something that will appreciate over time. With 550k - 2m, you can get a nice plot.

Chat 080. 6029 1729 on watsapp or call to get started!

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP by Abigirlsuen: 5:42pm On Feb 03, 2021
Ok
Re: Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP by Womanizer(m): 5:43pm On Feb 03, 2021
That ordinary commissioner grin

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP by Magldsns: 5:43pm On Feb 03, 2021
Fulani is King
Re: Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP by AlfaB: 5:44pm On Feb 03, 2021
Errand boy sent to distribute money to market women.

What a shame.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP by Kobicove(m): 5:44pm On Feb 03, 2021
The guy na just Vice President for mouth undecided

3 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP by OYENIYIJK: 5:44pm On Feb 03, 2021
Check my signature abegi grin
Re: Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP by Sheuns(m): 5:44pm On Feb 03, 2021
I think Osibanjo is following the number 1 law of power.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anambra Election: How Soludo Emerged Winner, Performance Of Other Candidates / Dino Melaye: Peter Obi Can’t Win Election, ‘Obidients’ Euphoria Already Dying / Anyim-Ganduje Meeting: PDP Faces More Upset As Defection Looms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.