Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,050 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Street Begging In Kwara State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Street Begging In Kwara State. (18237 Views)

Ban On Street Begging Forces Almajiri To Dumpsites In Kano / The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano / Governor Umar Ganduje To End Street Begging In Kano, Forms A Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Street Begging In Kwara State. by Rootprof(m): 10:50pm On Feb 03, 2021
As a concern citizen of Nigeria and resident of kwara state I'm calling on the state government should please do something urgent about the way street beggers keep increasing in numbers without care. When you visit some areas like oja pata, gambari, geri- alimi junction, tanke tipper garage and so on,it's an eyesore.

Their female keeps giving birth without care and control.Their children as started roaming the streets begging and causing mance in some cases.
My concern is not now alone but the next few years to come ,this uncared-for children may start stealing,raping and breaking into shops and houses cause they don't go to school nor learn any skills just roaming the street for money,as they grow up they're desires and wants will increase and may start looking for other means to meet their desires.

This is Tipper Garage, Tanke in Ilorin that has become such an eyesore with street beggars. They are evacuating street beggars elsewhere and dumping them in Ilorin same as Herdsmen. Soon, I hope we shall be able to sleep with our two eyes closed. Please share until relevant agencies of government do something.

Long live Nigeria
Long live kwara state.

43 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by Vicoxtar: 10:51pm On Feb 03, 2021
Na normal thing

3 Likes

Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by Rootprof(m): 10:52pm On Feb 03, 2021
Would have post some videos but keep getting error message from nairaland
Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by johnmartus(m): 10:56pm On Feb 03, 2021
Ilorin people have no occupation than begging that's why they worship olushola saraki for century and worship his son for many decades.

Ilorin people are very lazy.

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by Jostoman: 11:07pm On Feb 03, 2021
johnmartus:
Ilorin people have no occupation than begging that's why they worship olushola saraki for century and worship his son for many decades.

your almajiri Fulani people have started migrating from your side to kwara.

26 Likes

Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by Rootprof(m): 11:25pm On Feb 03, 2021
Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by Rootprof(m): 11:27pm On Feb 03, 2021
johnmartus:

Please let be guided of what we say. Will you say kano people are lazy cause they worship kwankwaso when he was ruling ?

Ilorin have many hard working people.. most people you see going to saraki house then are aged women...

Sincerely the rate at which beggers ( hausa ) are increasing in kwara state is alarming ... The way they approach sef is like mobbing you. Not funny any more.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by johnmartus(m): 11:46pm On Feb 03, 2021
I grew up in Ilorin so be guided
Rootprof:

Please let be guided of what we say. Will you say kano people are lazy cause they worship kwankwaso when he was ruling ?

Ilorin have many hard working people.. most people you see going to saraki house then are aged women...

Sincerely the rate at which beggers ( hausa ) are increasing in kwara state is alarming ... The way they approach sef is like mobbing you. Not funny any more.

1 Like

Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by Rootprof(m): 12:15am On Feb 04, 2021
johnmartus:
I grew up in Ilorin so be guided

You grew up there .. I be kwaran from kwara north,lived both in kwara south, Central and north .. so calm down I know what I'm talking about here.

Back to the topic
Government should Make schooling or skill acquisition mandatory for all the children roaming around the street or deport them back to their states.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by Salewa97: 12:17am On Feb 04, 2021
Most of the beggars are from the core North. You won’t even know who is who again.

9 Likes

Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by TANID(m): 2:07am On Feb 04, 2021
Rootprof:
then go for pictures
Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by illicit(m): 5:27am On Feb 04, 2021
Awolowo road, Tanke

Very cool street but you see a dumpsite and some beggars sitting around it, if you are coming in from RHEMA Chapel....

11 Likes

Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by capitalzero: 5:47am On Feb 04, 2021
Rootprof:
As a concern citizen of Nigeria and resident of kwara state I'm calling on the state government should please do something urgent about the way street beggers keep increasing in numbers without care. When you visit some areas like oja pata, gambari, geri- alimi junction, tanke tipper garage and so on,it's an eyesore.

Their female keeps giving birth without care and control.Their children as started roaming the streets begging and causing mance in some cases.
My concern is not now alone but the next few years to come ,this uncared-for children may start stealing,raping and breaking into shops and houses cause they don't go to school nor learn any skills just roaming the street for money,as they grow up they're desires and wants will increase and may start looking for other means to meet their desires.

This is Tipper Garage, Tanke in Ilorin that has become such an eyesore with street beggars. They are evacuating street beggars elsewhere and dumping them in Ilorin same as Herdsmen. Soon, I hope we shall be able to sleep with our two eyes closed. Please share until relevant agencies of government do something.

Long live Nigeria
Long live kwara state.

Begging is lucrative profession. Average beggars make nothing less than #3000 daily..
I was in ilorin last week for a visit. At tanke Junction, I saw a begger with five notes of 1000 each. I caught him counting money.
I know a begger in ibadan with a personal house and 2 bikes. He is a cripple man.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by nzeobi(m): 8:31am On Feb 04, 2021
Begging under any guise brings big income daily. Some beggars make 10-20k and will never leave begging.
Some even pay daily dues to touts that is why you see people go to the North and other places to bring physically challenged people.

3 Likes

Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by Rootprof(m): 8:34am On Feb 04, 2021
illicit:
Awolowo road, Tanke

Very cool street but you see a dumpsite and some beggars sitting around it, if you are coming in from RHEMA....

My brother from tipper garage to Rhema na something else ... See the way the beggers run after cars at night very bad. My fear is few years to come what will they become. The boys among them will not remain begger for life some of them may graduate into something else that is bad. The issue with our leaders is they don't handle issues when it's just starting until it's escalate into big thing. Something needs to be done real quick, it's cra,y how will you leave your state to another just to beg...

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by Dpharisee: 8:36am On Feb 04, 2021
Kwara is like the headquarters of street begging. Seal up the vaginas of those female beggars if you don't want an increasing beggars population, they are fcking too much because that's their only means of entertainment but they get pregnant and keep making babies. The state government is playing ostrich because some Islamic scholars will rubbish them and sway the votes to their opponents especially if they are just doing their first term for curbing the menace cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by Dpharisee: 8:40am On Feb 04, 2021
Rootprof:
You post the video on YouTube and place the link here
Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by chumada: 9:01am On Feb 04, 2021
kwara street begging still de learn work when it comes to ibadam and Lagos own, I keep saying it. Is their profession, there's nothing fg or anybody can do about it.

Mod call simp44 will ban and hide my post now angry sad

1 Like

Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by sammysmiles(m): 9:01am On Feb 04, 2021
No be small thing.... A Average Nigerian is a direct or indirect beggar

1 Like

Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by newguy1(m): 9:02am On Feb 04, 2021
See this op so street begging is ur problem what about door to door begging, one day u will just hear some women yes it’s peculiar to woman n young ladies, will just come knocking on ur door to start giving u story of how there kids r having some kind distress. Anyways it’s not there fault if not for the country we r in that is telling us that india are having it worst than us asin there is a price for which nation can suffer most..
Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by rawtouch: 9:02am On Feb 04, 2021
sad

young terrorists

1 Like

Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by Nobody: 9:03am On Feb 04, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by IamFINESSE: 9:03am On Feb 04, 2021
Conquered Territory grin

1 Like

Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by seunaj: 9:04am On Feb 04, 2021
Abdulraman is sleepy on the issue of herders invasion and almajiris. I urge him to look into it critically because the it come back to hunt the state in the coming years.

2 Likes

Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by NaijaFutbol: 9:04am On Feb 04, 2021
Na them
Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by Adebaba1(m): 9:04am On Feb 04, 2021
i believe Lagos has the highest number of beggars

And i think the beggars are majorly from Niger,Chad

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by The5DME(m): 9:05am On Feb 04, 2021
We sef don weak for the lagos ones. Naso the small children go hold your clothes dey beg.

2 Likes

Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:05am On Feb 04, 2021
Please share until relevant agencies of government do something.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When Shall Buhari Stand Up - TELL / Wike’s Allies Await Directive As PDP Flags Off Presidential Campaign Today / Kanu’s Family Warns Against Burning Of Govt Properties In Southeast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.