Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,193 members, 7,829,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Street Begging In Kwara State. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Street Begging In Kwara State. (18275 Views)

Ban On Street Begging Forces Almajiri To Dumpsites In Kano / The Moment Ganduje Banned Street Begging (Almajiri) In Kano / Governor Umar Ganduje To End Street Begging In Kano, Forms A Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by seanswitch(m): 10:55am On Feb 04, 2021
johnmartus:
Ilorin people have no occupation than begging that's why they worship olushola saraki for century and worship his son for many decades.

Ilorin people are very lazy.

You seriously know next to nothing about Ilé Loke. You can grow up in Ilorin and know nothing about its people. Ask those who know or research about it.
Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by Xbee007(m): 10:58am On Feb 04, 2021
I can not remember the last time I have beggars money. It is annoying seeing able bodied people with numerous children begging for money.

1 Like

Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by dammywapes(m): 11:12am On Feb 04, 2021
Omo embarassed pple dey born
Overlordrichy:
I'm in ilorin,tanke oke odo
hausa people are everywhere around that place,there population is rising crazy,they give birth like rat,they even give birth in there old age,no menopause for there women.
There's one hausa man living in my house as a security man, he has 11 children,and his wife just gave birth to another pikin some months ago making 12,those 11 children roam around every night to beg for money and food.
Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by dammywapes(m): 11:14am On Feb 04, 2021
I can’t blame you , you have your reasons. I find it hard to beg to borrow self ehn tho life is not easy.
Xbee007:
I can not remember the last time I have beggars money. It is annoying seeing able bodied people with numerous children begging for money.
Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by BnQoyyim(m): 11:18am On Feb 04, 2021
johnmartus:
Ilorin people have no occupation than begging that's why they worship olushola saraki for century and worship his son for many decades.

Ilorin people are very lazy.
Google the history of Ilorin on that your phone and you shall know that it's a city of lawyers and judges.
The Airforce military elites that manufactured indigenous helicopter later last year are from Ilorin.
I'm ready if you can dare compete with me interm of IQ, I'm son and blood of Ilorin.
proudly Emirate.
Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by BastardWike: 11:20am On Feb 04, 2021
Dpharisee:
Kwara is like the headquarters of street begging. Seal up the vaginas of those female beggars if you don't want an increasing beggars population, they are fcking too much because that's their only means of entertainment but they get pregnant and keep making babies. The state government is playing ostrich because some Islamic scholars will rubbish them and sway the votes to their opponents especially if they are just doing their first term for curbing the menace cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin

Nigeria is a country with a snowballing population but with diminishing income, yet the stvpid leaders don't want to implement serious birth control. SMH.

3 Likes

Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by Dreyton36: 11:22am On Feb 04, 2021
Emperormartin:

Weldone sir!!!
My Respect!!!

Same here sir
Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by optm(m): 11:39am On Feb 04, 2021
It spells doom for the country. With the birth rate unchecked and kids not being given good care , crime rate now would be child's play in comparison to what's coming. Our leaders lack foresight

2 Likes

Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by tonero230(m): 11:42am On Feb 04, 2021
[quote author=capitalzero post=98723012]

Begging is lucrative profession. Average beggars make nothing less than #3000 daily..
I was in ilorin last week for a visit. At tanke Junction, I saw a bigger with five notes of 1000 each. I caught him counting money.
I know a bigger in ibadan with personal house and 2 bikes. He is a cripple man. [/quote

You see why I don't like giving them money.....Someone must have exchange those change she had with those 1 thousand naira notes.
Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by rafkollinz: 11:45am On Feb 04, 2021
Thanks 4 concern buh u sud af attached forograf
Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by Kayodeblaze(m): 12:10pm On Feb 04, 2021
during my nysc days.. tanker tipper garage was something else.. sometimes i had to disguise, even without the khaki, they will still approach you, "corper coman give us money" allawee wey don finish since the first week self��

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by Awoleesu(m): 12:42pm On Feb 04, 2021
Funny thing is, the present day government believes in this system you just described OP...

Think about what they term "empowerment programs"...
Buhari's policies have reduced majority of ordinary Nigerians to beggars.

Don't think I'm trying to play politics here! Truth is even some known peeps who were 'proudly surviving' on their own terms before this administration came onboard are now either dependent on some 30k survival fund or Npower program... A government that blatantly advised graduates to become gutter cleaners in the name of 774,000 jobs!

The induced beggar mentality is the bigger problem than the juvenile street boys you're reporting...

1 Like

Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by StaffofOrayan(m): 1:03pm On Feb 04, 2021
I sometimes wonder what exactly the north brings to this table called Nigerian other than poverty and death

1 Like

Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by capitalzero: 1:09pm On Feb 04, 2021
[quote author=tonero230 post=98732012][/quote]
You are right. 100 notes x 30 people = 3000.
Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by hansomb: 1:25pm On Feb 04, 2021
capitalzero:

Begging is lucrative profession. Average beggars make nothing less than #3000 daily..
I was in ilorin last week for a visit. At tanke Junction, I saw a begger with five notes of 1000 each. I caught him counting money.
I know a begger in ibadan with a personal house and 2 bikes. He is a cripple man.
you are correct. Some of those beggers earn more than some bank cashiers or bank customer service or bank drivers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by cocolacec(m): 1:32pm On Feb 04, 2021
optm:
It spells doom for the country. With the birth rate unchecked and kids not being given good care , crime rate now would be child's play in comparison to what's coming. Our leaders lack foresight

High Birth rate is not the problem.Chinese population is larger than Nigeria.Chinese are the producers for the world.Nigeria can take the African market for a start.

Nigeria needs to go on mass industrialization we must produce everything we use in the country only then can we be free from poverty.
People are the energy, every country needs.A country without young people is doomed to perish or replaced by foreigners.

1 Like

Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by optm(m): 2:04pm On Feb 04, 2021
cocolacec:

High Birth rate is not the problem.Chinese population is larger than Nigeria.Chinese are the producers for the world.Nigeria can take the African market for a start.

Nigeria needs to go on mass industrialization we must produce everything we use in the country only then can we be free from poverty.
People are the energy, every country needs.A country without young people is doomed to perish or replaced by foreigners.
it is a problem in nigeria where resources to make them responsible citizens are lacking.... Just imagine adults giving birth and not taking responsibility to provide their kids with what's necessary to make become responsible adults in the society ? If this isn't controlled, it's wouldn't be funny a few years from now.

1 Like

Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by Efewestern: 2:33pm On Feb 04, 2021
cocolacec:

Till date, most Nigerians do not see the need for mass industrialization. We can't defeat poverty with this current export crude, import everything mentality.

If we can't compete with others in the African market, let's saturate our local markets with our products. We have no business importing steel, fuel etc.

I pray we get things right.

4 Likes

Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by moshuur(m): 10:31am On Feb 05, 2021
hansomb:
you are correct. Some of those beggers earn more than some bank cashiers or bank customer service or bank drivers.
sir u emailed me....the thing is I don't av access to d mail again.
hope no problem sir
Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 05, 2021
Efewestern:

Till date, most Nigerians do not see the need for mass industrialization. We can't defeat poverty with this current export crude, import everything mentality.

If we can't compete with others in the African market, let's saturate our local markets with our products. We have no business importing steel, fuel etc.

I pray we get things right.
Owing to the kind of government here, Nigeria cannot become better than it is.
Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by Efewestern: 1:00pm On Feb 05, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Owing to the kind of government here, Nigeria cannot become better than it is.

Sad reality, but nothing wrong in hoping for the best.
Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by Misternas89(m): 9:45am On Feb 07, 2021
Dreyton36:
Buhari is to be blamed for all of these

I remember visiting Offa years back, like play small girl don hold my shirt dey ask for money, me sef shock

Did the usual she left and she was happy
Let's not call them lazy, if there's any way you can put a smile on their faces just do it and your reward is in heaven
Most of these beggars didn't wish for to end up begging , it's due to circumstances and the bad government

Even in the states there are beggars too , even in Canada same thing

I think it's high time we forget about seeking help from the government to help the masses
If Nigerians can open a fundme account for BBNAIJA participants why can't we do the same for these needy ones

I have a suggestion OP is there a way we can get a land in a good environment in kwara state where most of these beggars can easily access , I'll pay for the land price , so we'll build up a good and comfortable place where more cooks will be employed , even if it's just two times meals on a daily basis that will help

I'm sure when that continues the govt can troop in and support
Cuz in Nigeria if you don't start something no one will care until you put some effort
I'm not gonna make any donation to anyone cuz of trust issues , I'll personally be there or send someone there to supervise , let's have a world of ordinary people, living life the way God wants us to
If we have a world of ordinary people, extraordinary things will happen to me and you

Lights up my kpoli in peace

As someone rightly said: u are either not a Nigerian or probably been trained by a great man who’s got humanity and sympathy in his blood.....I’m also a Kwara, omo Offa to be precise and yes the rate of begging is just too much. There’s this place in my hometown call Popo(Muritala Muhammed way), the rates at which this beggars floods that place is just too outrageous. Bro I’ve sent a message to u already and I’d appreciate if you reply though. Hope you enjoyed ur staying while in Offa when u came that time?? Or the beggars no allow u enjoy am lol �

1 Like

Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by Dreyton36: 10:35am On Feb 07, 2021
Misternas89:

As someone rightly said: u are either not a Nigerian or probably been trained by a great man who’s got humanity and sympathy in his blood.....I’m also a Kwara, omo Offa to be precise and yes the rate of begging is just too much. There’s this place in my hometown call Popo(Muritala Muhammed way), the rates at which this beggars floods that place is just too outrageous. Bro I’ve sent a message to u already and I’d appreciate if you reply though. Hope you enjoyed ur staying while in Offa when u came that time?? Or the beggars no allow u enjoy am lol �

Lol they're not beggars but needy ones , I think that's better

And yes I had fun , lodged at the Awrab hotel which isn't far from first Bank and total fueling station

I'll check out the mail
Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by Misternas89(m): 6:25pm On Feb 07, 2021
Dreyton36:

Lol they're not beggars but needy ones , I think that's better

And yes I had fun , lodged at the Awrab hotel which isn't far from first Bank and total fueling station

I'll check out the mail
Yes I know Awrab suites, it’s around School of health technology. Hope u enjoyed yourself during ur stay as they have a nice swimming pool but not too deep tho lol. Was at Awrab few days ago with my cousin. Let’s talk about how to assist those needy bro
Re: Street Begging In Kwara State. by Dreyton36: 6:52pm On Feb 07, 2021
Misternas89:

Yes I know Awrab suites, it’s around School of health technology. Hope u enjoyed yourself during ur stay as they have a nice swimming pool but not too deep tho lol. Was at Awrab few days ago with my cousin. Let’s talk about how to assist those needy bro

Naah came just to have a sound sleep not to swim lome and water aren't friendly when it comes to swimming

And yeah about that , everything got timing , I'm surely gonna be in Offa before the middle of this yr to see things out myself

Thanks for reaching out , I'll still buzz you up when I get there for sure , that's a promise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abu Qaqa: How Suicide Bombers Are Picked / Pressure On Lawmakers To Impeach Gov. Okorocha. / Court Orders Gov Lamido, 3 Others To Pay APC Candidate N30m In Damages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.