Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,254 members, 7,818,874 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman (34301 Views)

The Look ASUU Chairman Gave Chris Ngige After Reaching Agreement / FG Approves Six New Private Universities (names) / LASU Sacks ASUU Chairman, Vice Chairman And 15 Other Lecturers For Malpractices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by brainhgeek(m): 8:55pm On Feb 05, 2021
This is the ranting of a failed professor.
I went to a public university. Although, I am not a push aside, I head my department at work yet, those guys in m department who went to private universities are very sound upstairs. They know their onions

5 Likes

Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by spy24(m): 9:07pm On Feb 05, 2021
HigherEd:

If you where properly educated, you would realize there's a mega statistical problem with your second paragraph. But I understand, your education is subpar so don't worry.

Oga mega statistical problem use

Tell me which schools produce the best lawyers in Nigeria law schools

Tell me the schools that produce the doctors you run to in LUTH UBTH and so many more

Na Babcock abi or Redeemer

Nonsense Nigeria private schools are overrated secondary Schools
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by tplayer: 9:10pm On Feb 05, 2021
I wont say he's right, just reason with me.

Almost all private universities were established for profit-making, ab initio.

So there is a struggle, from day one, between keeping a high standard and making the most profits. In this side of the world, standard will lose that battle any day and time before "profit-making" even gets its pants on.

Again, check out Harvard, despite its huge(world's largest) Endowment fund(bigger than your federal budget at 40 billion dollars), it still "must fund nearly two-thirds of its operating expenses ($4 billion in fiscal year 2020) from other sources, such as federal and non-federal research grants, student tuition and fees, and gifts from alumni, parents, and friends." You see, support comes from US governments, states in the US, school fees, alumni, friends, etc.

Here, government support is inadequate and alumni, friends, parents typically dont contribute much.

Harvard started by not being a paper(certificate) mill, but how many private unis here are ready to go that route to get to that prestigious level where their cachet will bring in funds (from rich parents, friends, government etc) that will even enable them to have endowment funds(i.e investible assets)

Here private unis are seen as more of where to invest money to make more money, not to contribute to the betterment of society. Hence, standard is just another word for sloganeering purposes.

Education is expensive business; it requires a lot of funding. And the funding should not be too dependent on school fee , else standard will suffer.

No naija man will cough out 1.5 million per season and you fail im pikin. Your school go die sharp sharp.

The public ones are poor in quality too.

If government does not reprioritize, education will continue to suffer. Because education does not bring immediate gains like roads, bridges etc, it will continue to suffer, IMHO.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by GreaterFuture3: 9:14pm On Feb 05, 2021
isa6namo:
Empty brains yet they get jobs,placement and better opportunities before the so called public school graduates.nonsens talk
Which Private Sch did you finish from
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by Oteikwu1(m): 9:20pm On Feb 05, 2021
Mai-Goro or whatever he call himself hes on one of dose cheap drug i don't think a full grown man on his right sense will spew out such gibberish.. The real revolution we need in dis nation is our educational system.. Paper qualifications all over d nation when him and his bands of retrograde (ASUU) jointly corrupt our educational system in their selfish interest he should get out what does know thank drinking burutu
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by Burstit(m): 9:29pm On Feb 05, 2021
Beverlyjean:

But u will always envy us...whether u like it or not , it cant b in ur blood...u insult the rich just cos u don't have it...y dont u live on the streets all ur life since u are proud of it... its not rich kids fault that ur parents dint mk it...thats how u will b hating on cuppy or obo ...bitter souls ...I can never have anything to do with ur likes ...u guys are very poisonous and forever jealous.... ur upbringing have damaged ur brains
Ur upbringing is pitiable. Na feeding bottle u be, a typical leech. ur type go squander inheritance because pride goes before fall. You suffer from poverty of the mind.
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by Munzy14(m): 9:33pm On Feb 05, 2021
grin
Chai babkok, madona, convenant university graduates catch your sub in peace.

Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by Miracle1991: 9:33pm On Feb 05, 2021
Unfortunately, he stated the fact. Private University only cares about the money that the students will bring. Imagine, winner's University have more than one hundred first class in one year, but if you call them for interview you will be shocked.
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by Hassanmaye(m): 9:34pm On Feb 05, 2021
CodeTemplar:
NUC is suppose to regulate standard and if I am not mistaken, they are filled with public uni graduates. This man need to realize private schools will continue to perform and expose the flaws of the public ones where possible.
When CU started the dress code thing, they mocked, just this morning, the news of UNIBEN adopting dress code hit the front page. That's what competition can do. Most of the public schools wouldn't upload or digitize their research works before private schools started doing it and featuring in some prominent rankings.
Most are still running a analog transcript system and will only sit up the day they hear that a "glorified secondary school" is giving theirs within 4 hours of application. Let them continue hating on private schools instead of trying to improve.
Just imagine stupid Nigerian universities with impunity, to get your transcripts is an anerous task in public universities, it took my friend a complete year before he get his transcripts.
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by slex(m): 9:45pm On Feb 05, 2021
HigherEd:
Dr. Lazarus Maigoro,

For over 7 decades that public education started in Nigeria, tell me exactly what the public education system that incubated you with a certificate worth no more than a single roll of toilet paper has benefitted the country?

What game changing patents in manufacturing, banking & finance, telecommunications have you, your students or any of your colleagues with "full brain" provided industry?

If all universities in the US are halted today, the US stock market would crash because their universities are the engines of innovation and supply of high skilled human capital.

If all public universities in Nigeria cease working for one month, the stock market won't even notice. Industry goes unconcerned. This is because you and your colleagues at ASUU actually constitute a burden to both industry and government.

You supply graduates that need retraining after four years of a retrogressive curriculum. Your value is so low priced that you can't generate your own salary through your effort except government gives you money.

The entire founding team of Paystack, PiggyVest, Quidax, ThriveAgric are from Babcock University - can you stand any of them in terms of contribution to national development?

Loud it please.
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by CodeTemplar: 10:06pm On Feb 05, 2021
Vick4rill:
l agree on this one , a 3rd class graduate in public university can easily make 2.1 in private university,,
let be honest with ourselves most private school were exorbitant bills are paid do everything it takes to award good grades to students so as to maintain their customers!! l have taught in a lot of this private schools and l must tell u DAT is not funny!! that reminds me of chima a law graduate from Babcock university who can not differentiate between executive and judicial system of government!!
That's only possible in your imagination. NUC is there to ensure compliance to standard. There is no place where they award grades based on mutual benefit more than public schools. From sex, money, cult affiliation to relationship and state of origin, they award grades for sentimental reasons and I am surprised you will let your hatred drive you so low in reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by CodeTemplar: 10:10pm On Feb 05, 2021
Miracle1991:
Unfortunately, he stated the fact. Private University only cares about the money that the students will bring. Imagine, winner's University have more than one hundred first class in one year, but if you call them for interview you will be shocked.
Shrine or corporate world interview?

1 Like

Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by dabossman(m): 10:13pm On Feb 05, 2021
Vick4rill:
l agree on this one , a 3rd class graduate in public university can easily make 2.1 in private university,,
let be honest with ourselves most private school were exorbitant bills are paid do everything it takes to award good grades to students so as to maintain their customers!! l have taught in a lot of this private schools and l must tell u DAT is not funny!! that reminds me of chima a law graduate from Babcock university who can not differentiate between executive and judicial system of government!!

That's because the private university lecturers will not frustrate you unnecessarily just to prove a moot point. it's the same reason many of our graduates who go abroad tend to do well. Education shouldn't be unnecessarily stressful, but lecturers in public universities prefer to take pride in the fact that you can't pass their course. Not to add that some of them don't even bother to do their jobs.
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by CodeTemplar: 10:13pm On Feb 05, 2021
isa6namo:
Empty brains yet they get jobs,placement and better opportunities before the so called public school graduates.nonsens talk
Leave them alone. NUC is there to regulate and if they fail in doing that, then the public uni grads are to Blame because they dominate NUC

1 Like

Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by LordIsaac(m): 10:21pm On Feb 05, 2021
xperiencelove:

This guy mentioned the ages when things are right. Mention one notable graduate of Nigeria public university that has contributed to the growth of economy, business, infrastructure, science and tech in the last 15 years till date when most private uni were springing up?
Many of them abound too numerous to mention in various fields.
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by CodeTemplar: 10:29pm On Feb 05, 2021
yunqdady:

Better and still in 18/19 session. Retrogressive schools living on past glories
It is called backdated reality.
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by CodeTemplar: 10:40pm On Feb 05, 2021
ojoisimi:

Which one is judicial and executive systems of government? Your tuition fees should be refunded.
It should be refunded with interest. Dude is so dull he didn't realize his error years after interviewing applicants with invalid questions.

1 Like

Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by Beverlyjean(f): 10:40pm On Feb 05, 2021
theFilmtric:

well if you don't know
Most rich kids turn out to be useless
In this life the tougher you are the farther you go
Nobody is hating on you
But I can say this over and over again A graduate from UI will always be a better all-rounder than one from Covenant
The public schools are like Nigeria~they make you tough
An Average Nigerian can succeed anywhere on this planet

This is Jeff bezos when he was still struggling

Quit this your rich kid mentality
Richard Branson
Jack Ma
Jeff bezos
Mark Zuckerberg
Elon Musk
Were all once poor.

theFilmtricsay

They were never poor...dont compare america with nigeria... only rich people in nigeria have a garage just like bezos... y dint u mention bill Gates and Donald trump or the hiltons .... they even acquired more wealth than their millionaire dads ... so stop the hating... do u know how many poor kids never mk it in life ?? Even with struggles... everyone wanna b rich, so stop the hate...its not rich kids fault that they were born rich...

1 Like

Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by Mish02: 10:41pm On Feb 05, 2021
Vick4rill:
I am surprised you said u taught in babcock University yet you vomit such rubbish "executive and judicial system of government". These alone tells of the quality of stock u r made of.

1 Like

Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by CodeTemplar: 10:47pm On Feb 05, 2021
JohnOkolo:

There are faculties that Public Universities clear have upper hand to their Private Counterparts, because of years of establishment and funding which most Private Universities can meet in the near future. But we ain't talking about Law Schools and Medical Schools. The overall learning environment makes a private school better and conducive to learn and produce better Graduates.

If you like talk from now till eternity. Public Schools are a Menace and all forms of Social Vices thrive there. Imagine going to a class and see your course mate butchered and Cultists chase lecturers, threaten lecturers and rape female lecturers.

This is all I see when people like you back Public Universities the environment clearly makes it not conducive and bleeped up
If you need competent and trust worthy accountants private uni grads are there, if you are after shrine administrator, literate prostitute for entertainment, political thugs, and other social misfits, public will supply you with excess.

3 Likes

Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by CodeTemplar: 10:55pm On Feb 05, 2021
PervertProphet:

2 Ship loads of KJV Bible for you.
You are so on point.
Like the one Abiola sank.
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by theFilmtric: 11:06pm On Feb 05, 2021
Beverlyjean:

[b][s]They were never poor...dont compare america with nigeria...[/s] only rich people in nigeria have a garage just like bezos... y dint u mention bill Gates and Donald trump or the hiltons .... they even acquired more wealth than their millionaire dads ... so stop the hating... do u know how many poor kids never mk it in life ?? Even with struggles... everyone wanna b rich, so stop the hate...its not rich kids fault that they were born rich...
I see you're defending a failed cause
Poverty is poverty anywhere in the world
Living on <5$ a day is poverty.
Why is it that with Bill gates wealth at the beginning---he's not richer than Bezos,Zuckerberg or Branson or Musk?
Do you know that Trump's companies are almost under?
And you can't really say that they acquired more wealth because the numbers increased
The dollar also got inflated
In all honesty
I've heard about the Hiltons
But I don't know them
The urge to make it is exponentially higher in less priviledged individuals than their rich counterparts-hence the discipline
The wealthy people are more comfortable-hence less disciplined
Comfort is one of the greatest enemies of success
If you want to have worthwhile success~leave your comfort zone
And as a quick reminder~success isn't all about money

Lol
I a'int hating on nobody
I'm stating the facts you seem blindfolded to see
I hope I left you wiser than you were

Bye.

theFilmtricsay
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by taylormed2(m): 11:14pm On Feb 05, 2021
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by ayterajah(m): 11:25pm On Feb 05, 2021
we go dey alright las las
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by theFilmtric: 11:30pm On Feb 05, 2021
Kingsean:

A 3rd class graduate here in Nigeria can make 2:1 in American and European universities. Does that mean they are dashing people marks it just means that they have good learning environment with practicals not just theory like Nigerian public universities. they provide good learning environment just like schools abroad and lecturers don't bully students around and no stupid cultism or strikes. I prefer private universities until govt does a massive restructuring of public universities

stop hating private school students. we all pray for wealth so we can give our kids the best. let's not exhalt poverty please. those public universities are trash abeg. [s]95% of Nigerians would go to a private university if given the opportunity[/s]
incorrect.
@emboldened
I know a lot of rich people that want to have nothing to do with a private-owned university
They say it breed half-baked graduates
An average Public university graduate will be a better all-rounder

theFilmtricsay
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by theFilmtric: 11:35pm On Feb 05, 2021
HigherEd:

If you where were properly educated, you would realize (that) there's a mega statistical problem with your second paragraph. But I understand, your education is was subpar sub par so don't worry bother.
solved.

theFilmtricsay
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by Hassanmaye(m): 11:41pm On Feb 05, 2021
Is not surprising the so called stupid public universities only frustrate students, it's only in the public universities you will hear nobody has ever graduated with a first class degree from so so faculty, and not that there are no bright students o, all they know is to frustrate, sex for marks. That's why we have students who graduated with a third class degree in public university and move to America and graduate with a first class degree, stupid public universities,
Re: Private Universities Produce Students With Empty Brains - Plateau ASUU Chairman by Chrisenglish: 11:45pm On Feb 05, 2021
Video
HOW TO SPEAK GOOD ENGLISH’
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjtBQBL-_qitUi1Sfynrf8Q

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Professional Masters Vs Academic Masters? Pls I Need Ur Advice / Newborn Baby Dumped Inside Dustbin In Oko Poly Female Hostel (Graphic Photos) / Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.