Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,545 members, 7,819,938 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? (34308 Views)

Four Brilliant Nigerian Girls Win 2015 Global Technovation Challenge / What's The Difference Between A Smart Student And A Brilliant Student / Girl With Nine A1s In WASSCE: She Is So Brilliant Her Teachers Feared Her Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by butanep(m): 4:51am On Sep 17, 2014
This has been begging for answers, why do most brilliant people use glasses. In school, all the guy that use glasses in my department are intellgent. They are among those that top the department.

Even when you are putting on glasses, people just conclude you are intelligent. Why is it so and what is really special about glasses that make most guys that use it become academic scholars....

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by estyvino(m): 4:55am On Sep 17, 2014
I ask the same question, maybe too much IQ effect the eye. **Adjust my Google glasses**

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by red101(f): 5:52am On Sep 17, 2014
Because they spend a lot of time reading. many avid readers develop myopia or nearsightedness.
It's not a bad thing to read books, it makes you smarter, but make sure you do so under appropriate conditions. Make sure the area is well lit, put the book at an appropriate distance from your eyes and make sure the print is large enough that you don't have to strain your eyes. Take breaks every 20 min from reading and make sure to blink multiple times per minute.
Spend time looking at far away objects to train your eyes. because if you read too much or concentrate on seeing things that are close to your face, you might gradually lose the ability to see far away objects clearly (aka nearsightedness).
eat lots of carrots and vegetables that contain vitamin a. they're good for the eyes.
Same advice goes for those who spend a lot of time staring at the computer screen.

160 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by ahmbal(m): 6:10am On Sep 17, 2014
butanep: This has been begging for answers, why do most brilliant people use glasses. In school, all the guy that use glasses in my department are intellgent. They are among those that top the department.
Even when you are putting on glasses, people just conclude you are intelligent. Why is it so and what is really special about glasses that make most guys that use it become academic scholars....

u must be a student of Unilorin #I guess# I notice that also#especially d scholars

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Yazmin: 7:04am On Sep 17, 2014
Scientifically, people with high I.Q literally have the brains boiling due to so much metabollic work used in thinking.
Thus the vapour from the boiling brain is either released through the eyes, skin or ears.
These vapour causes mist in the eyes, which hampers their clear sight and thus a need for glasses to correct enable proper sight.
In other climes, the effect on the ears and skin could be corrected through the use of 'beats by dre' special enhancers or petroleum jelly by unilever....
If at this point you are still reading my comment.....you need Jesus in your life!!!!!!

Team 2019....peace grin!!!!!!

251 Likes 44 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by gift01: 7:17am On Sep 17, 2014
You can't be brilliant and have good eyes. One must give way

15 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by tellwisdom: 7:21am On Sep 17, 2014
You are a very foolish boi...I don't use glasses but L.V sunshades sad

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by rman: 7:58am On Sep 17, 2014
There is no correlation between brilliancy and bad eye sight.

Are we now concluding bad eye sight from old age makes those ones brilliant in old age too?

I can make the same argument for bad eye sight and poor academic performance because for every brilliant kid in glasses there is one with glasses that is poor. You all just choose to ignore those ones for sensationalism.

20 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by rman: 7:59am On Sep 17, 2014
gift01: You can't be brilliant and have good eyes. One must give way

If the individual is left handed will your conclusion still hold?

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by ketoprofen(m): 8:05am On Sep 17, 2014
red101: Because they spend a lot of time reading. many avid readers develop myopia or nearsightedness.
It's not a bad thing to read books, it makes you smarter, but make sure you do so under appropriate conditions. Make sure the area is well lit, put the book at an appropriate distance from your eyes and make sure the print is large enough that you don't have to strain your eyes. Take breaks every 20 min from reading and make sure to blink multiple times per minute.
Spend time looking at far away objects to train your eyes. because if you read too much or concentrate on seeing things that are close to your face, you might gradually lose the ability to see far away objects clearly (aka nearsightedness).
eat lots of carrots and vegetables that contain vitamin a. they're good for the eyes.
Same advice goes for those who spend a lot of time staring at the computer screen.

u described me.
Seems u are a medical personnel

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Ruq: 8:14am On Sep 17, 2014
Yeah it always seem so, till I met a dumbfuck who used glasses.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Waspy(m): 8:20am On Sep 17, 2014
gift01: You can't be brilliant and have good eyes. One must give way
undecided
estyvino: I ask the same question, maybe too much IQ effect the eye
undecided
Yazmin: Scientifically, people with high I.Q literally have the brains boiling due to so much metabollic work used in thinking.
Thus the vapour from the boiling brain is either released through the eyes, skin or ears.
These vapour causes mist in the eyes, which hampers their clear sight and thus a need for glasses to correct enable proper sight.
In other climes, the effect on the ears and skin could be corrected through the use of 'beats by dre' special enhancers or petroleum jelly by unilever....
If at this point you are still reading my comment.....you need Jesus in your life!!!!!!
shocked lipsrsealed undecided sad sad
If the Op generalization were right. Then none oof these use glasses lipsrsealed

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:41am On Sep 17, 2014
Hahahaha Please.... I've been using glasses since I was 13yrs old and Im not brilliant... I hate Maths.... anything maths gives me instant headache...... But Im very street smart and intelligent.... Yes...brilliance is different from intelligence...

The glasses sef dey make people think say I be Mumu lol

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by butanep(m): 8:44am On Sep 17, 2014
ahmbal:

u must be a student of Unilorin #I guess# I notice that also#especially d scholars
Am from UNIBEN

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by butanep(m): 8:49am On Sep 17, 2014
JeffreyJamez: Hahahaha Please.... I've been using glasses since I was 13yrs old and Im not brilliant... I hate Maths.... anything maths gives me instant headache...... But Im very street smart and intelligent.... Yes...brilliance is different from intelligence...

The glasses sef dey make people think say I be Mumu lol
you are conflicting yourself. The fact you don't know maths does not make you dull. You might be gifted in other area. If people re looking you as mumu, its not because of your glasses but your character and attiitude.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:53am On Sep 17, 2014
butanep: you are conflicting yourself. The fact you don't know maths does not make you dull. You might be gifted in other area. If people re looking you as mumu, its not because of your glasses but your character and attiitude.

Seriously?...... did you read my comment at all?..... undecided...Anyhoo I'm not reaponsible for what you understand grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by butanep(m): 8:54am On Sep 17, 2014
Yazmin: Scientifically, people with high I.Q literally have the brains boiling due to so much metabollic work used in thinking.

this is serious. Where did you get this?
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by butanep(m): 8:57am On Sep 17, 2014
JeffreyJamez:

Seriously?...... did you read my comment at all?..... undecided...Anyhoo I'm not reaponsible for what you understand grin
I read it very well. Improve on your character and become social and nobody will see you as MUMU.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:00am On Sep 17, 2014
butanep: I read it very well. Improve on your character and become social and nobody will see you as MUMU.

Well.... you don't know me,and you definitely do not understand the context in Which I used that "Mumu"....you know why?
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by DollyParton1(f): 9:14am On Sep 17, 2014
Probably its just assumption. Glasses makes one look/seem/appear book smart. People just conclude based on appearance.
Have been using glasses since I was 12 years old and I was always embarrassed when people conclude am an efiko because i use glasses when I was just an average student.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:19am On Sep 17, 2014
DollyParton1: Probably its just assumption. Glasses makes one look/seem/appear book smart. People just conclude based on appearance.
Have been using glasses since I was 12 years old and I was always embarrassed when people conclude am an efiko because i use glasses when I was just an average student.

Now this is the "mumu " context I was talking about...Thank you for this post..
butanep: I read it very well. Improve on your character and become social and nobody will see you as MUMU.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Donfamous(m): 9:28am On Sep 17, 2014
I also do think the students who puts on glasses fare better academically than we, but I've changed my assumptions now
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 17, 2014
REVEALED: I did a private investigation. linda ikeji's blog earn 3 million naira every month, while seun's nairaland earn 27 million naira every month.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by funshyboi(m): 10:03am On Sep 17, 2014
You can't have it all such is life, buh derez one guy I know,he iz using glass and dull
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by UjSizzle(f): 10:03am On Sep 17, 2014
I'm beginning to wonder if the use of glasses isn't the reason they are brilliant undecided

Wait, it's possibly not the way you just interpreted it.
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by godwinkessi: 10:14am On Sep 17, 2014
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Atesunate15(m): 10:14am On Sep 17, 2014
Brilliancy is never directly proportional to the use of eye glasses. Some use it to boost self-ego and others to correct defects either 'borrowed' from friends or come naturally

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by gift01: 10:20am On Sep 17, 2014
rman:

If the individual is left handed will your conclusion still hold?

and when has left handedness become a deformity? shocked
Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by Lilimax(f): 10:21am On Sep 17, 2014
It may be hereditary or as a result of health issues that made them use glasses and
not necessarily because they are brilliant.
I've seen some confirmed 'olodo lapata' that wears thick concave glasses embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by iheanyi40(m): 10:27am On Sep 17, 2014
This thread is jst baseless iknw gals wey no sabi anytin yet de wear glasses 24/7

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? by iheanyi40(m): 10:28am On Sep 17, 2014
funshyboi: You can't have it all such is life, buh derez one guy I know,he iz using glass and dull
I sabi em wella dem plenty sef

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Newborn Baby Dumped Inside Dustbin In Oko Poly Female Hostel (Graphic Photos) / Laspotech Security Killed By Cultists Today (pics) / The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.