Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,368 members, 7,812,054 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

Buratai: I Won’t Reply PDP On My Ambassadorial Appointment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buratai: I Won’t Reply PDP On My Ambassadorial Appointment (20911 Views)

‘I Won’t Reply Idiots In Democracy’ – Ahmad Gumi On Calls For His Arrest / Ambassadorial Appointment: Why Ex-service Chiefs Are Yet To Be Deployed / Buratai: I Won’t Return To Abuja Until Boko Haram Is Defeated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buratai: I Won’t Reply PDP On My Ambassadorial Appointment by agwom(m): 5:22pm On Feb 07, 2021
The immediate past Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen Tukur Buratai (Rtd) has said he owes no one explanation over his recent appointment as one of the non-career ambassadors.

Buratai disclosed this while speaking with journalists after a special gala night organised for him by members of the 29th Regular Course Association of the Nigerian Defense Academy in Abuja on Saturday.

Buratai and other Service Chiefs “voluntarily resigned” their positions on 26 January 2021, after months of calls for their sack following a spate of insecurity in different parts of the country, especially in the northeast, and the seeming failure of the security agencies to contain it.

Buhari had immediately appointed Major-General Leo Irabor, Chief of Defence Staff; Major-General I. Attahiru, Chief of Army Staff; Rear Admiral A.Z Gambo, Chief of Naval Staff; and Air-Vice Marshal I.O Amao, Chief of Air Staff as replacements.

However, the President released a list of nominees as non-career ambassadors of the country on 4 February 2021, just nine days after their resignation as Service Chiefs.

Consequently, the leading opposition party in the country, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), kicked against the move, calling on the President to withdraw the list.

In a statement by the spokesman of the party, Kola Ologbondiyan, PDP described the appointment as a plot to shield the ex-Service Chiefs from investigation over the “killing of innocent Nigerians and crimes against humanity” under their inglorious watch.

PDP also charged the Senate to eschew all partisan considerations and stand on the side of the people.

However, while responding to a question from our reporter, Buratai said he would not respond to the PDP’s statement, insisting that he is not a politician.

He said: “It’s an honourable retirement and also an honourable appointment.

“I’m not a politician, so I have no word for the opposition.”

‘I have done well’

He said he stood out while in charge as the country’s Chief of Staff, saying: “I am happy that in July last year, my officers at the Army headquarters compiled a compendium of my achievements.

“In fact, I can’t even remember all the projects that we have executed. Is it in term of infrastructure? Is it in term of capacity building? Is it in terms of training?

“Since I was appointed, there was never a dull moment in terms of training.

“Remember the various exercises, these are training exercises from ‘Python dance’, ‘Crocodile smile’, and even the latest one ‘Exercise Sahel Sanity’.

“Is it in the area of medical? In terms of education of our children and wards, the Nigerian Army University are all great achievements.

“I think you can write volumes and volumes of books in terms of the achievements depending on the perspectives you want to take.”

Buratai said the impacts of his efforts as the Chief of Army Staff may not be felt immediately.

He, however, insisted that the country would be having highly qualified officers in the next five to 10 years, “who can carry this military profession to higher heights.”

The honour

Speaking of the gala night staged in his honour, Buratai said it showed that he did well as the country’s Chief of Army Staff.

“It feels great [to be celebrated by my colleagues] at this point in time.

“It means a lot to me in terms of respect, in term of the show of love.

“It’s something of pride that you have been recognised for the service you have rendered to your nation and people,” he said.

https://dailytrust.com/ambassadorial-appointment-why-i-wont-reply-pdp-buratai

3 Likes

Re: Buratai: I Won’t Reply PDP On My Ambassadorial Appointment by PrinceOfLagos: 5:24pm On Feb 07, 2021
In a saner clime, a man like you woulda been cooling off in prison.

143 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buratai: I Won’t Reply PDP On My Ambassadorial Appointment by b3llo(m): 5:32pm On Feb 07, 2021
Your room in a maximum security prison is in preparation.

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buratai: I Won’t Reply PDP On My Ambassadorial Appointment by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 07, 2021
The only appointment he should be getting is Nigeria representative to Hague jail

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buratai: I Won’t Reply PDP On My Ambassadorial Appointment by Xscape1993(m): 5:57pm On Feb 07, 2021
What do you have to say before sir? Is it to tell us how you wasted the lives of our innocent soliders or how you connived with BH members to make blood money? We will stand before the Almighty to give a good account of our deeds while on earth on the Last Day sir.

19 Likes

Re: Buratai: I Won’t Reply PDP On My Ambassadorial Appointment by Dong2: 5:59pm On Feb 07, 2021
agwom:
The immediate past Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen Tukur Buratai (Rtd) has said he owes no one explanation over his recent appointment as one of the non-career ambassadors.

Buratai disclosed this while speaking with journalists after a special gala night organised for him by members of the 29th Regular Course Association of the Nigerian Defense Academy in Abuja on Saturday.

Buratai and other Service Chiefs “voluntarily resigned” their positions on 26 January 2021, after months of calls for their sack following a spate of insecurity in different parts of the country, especially in the northeast, and the seeming failure of the security agencies to contain it.

Buhari had immediately appointed Major-General Leo Irabor, Chief of Defence Staff; Major-General I. Attahiru, Chief of Army Staff; Rear Admiral A.Z Gambo, Chief of Naval Staff; and Air-Vice Marshal I.O Amao, Chief of Air Staff as replacements.

However, the President released a list of nominees as non-career ambassadors of the country on 4 February 2021, just nine days after their resignation as Service Chiefs.

Consequently, the leading opposition party in the country, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), kicked against the move, calling on the President to withdraw the list.

In a statement by the spokesman of the party, Kola Ologbondiyan, PDP described the appointment as a plot to shield the ex-Service Chiefs from investigation over the “killing of innocent Nigerians and crimes against humanity” under their inglorious watch.

PDP also charged the Senate to eschew all partisan considerations and stand on the side of the people.

However, while responding to a question from our reporter, Buratai said he would not respond to the PDP’s statement, insisting that he is not a politician.

He said: “It’s an honourable retirement and also an honourable appointment.

“I’m not a politician, so I have no word for the opposition.”

‘I have done well’

He said he stood out while in charge as the country’s Chief of Staff, saying: “I am happy that in July last year, my officers at the Army headquarters compiled a compendium of my achievements.

“In fact, I can’t even remember all the projects that we have executed. Is it in term of infrastructure? Is it in term of capacity building? Is it in terms of training?

“Since I was appointed, there was never a dull moment in terms of training.

“Remember the various exercises, these are training exercises from ‘Python dance’, ‘Crocodile smile’, and even the latest one ‘Exercise Sahel Sanity’.

“Is it in the area of medical? In terms of education of our children and wards, the Nigerian Army University are all great achievements.

“I think you can write volumes and volumes of books in terms of the achievements depending on the perspectives you want to take.”

Buratai said the impacts of his efforts as the Chief of Army Staff may not be felt immediately.

He, however, insisted that the country would be having highly qualified officers in the next five to 10 years, “who can carry this military profession to higher heights.”

The honour

Speaking of the gala night staged in his honour, Buratai said it showed that he did well as the country’s Chief of Army Staff.

“It feels great [to be celebrated by my colleagues] at this point in time.

“It means a lot to me in terms of respect, in term of the show of love.

“It’s something of pride that you have been recognised for the service you have rendered to your nation and people,” he said.

Why Senate shouldn’t confirm ex-Service Chiefs as ambassadors
Meanwhile, a former Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Timi Frank, on Sunday, gave reasons why the Senate should not confirm ex-Service Chiefs recently nominated as ambassadors.
Frank, in a statement on Sunday, said approval by the Senate would be contrary to its many resolutions calling for the removal of the ex-Service Chiefs over acute insecurity.
According to him, the confirmation of the ex-commanders would amount to both chambers of the National Assembly returning to their vomit.
He noted that prominent groups in the country have at various times called or supported calls for the sack of the Service Chiefs over their failure to secure the country – humongous annual defence budgets notwithstanding.
He urged the lawmakers not to approve the nominations.

https://dailytrust.com/ambassadorial-appointment-why-i-wont-reply-pdp-buratai

This one sef get mouth all after all his heinous Atrocities.

9 Likes

Re: Buratai: I Won’t Reply PDP On My Ambassadorial Appointment by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:00pm On Feb 07, 2021
Dong2:

This one sef get mouth all after all his heinous Atrocities.
We keep wondering why all of you have refused to talk about the most evil policeman in the history of Africa that singlehandedly and collectively killed 100 Anambra youths.
Condemn all manners of evil and stop being selective in Condemning bad vices.
WHERE is your conscience in life?
Do not let politics and hatred for your country turn your head upside down.
This is what is called HYPOCRISY .
It is when you and your ilks learn to condemn all manner of evil that you will start progressing in life and in your community.
You have been talking about 6 soldiers being killed which is still under investigation, but you ignored a man that killed over 100 Nigerian youths, and fed their corpse to the fishes with their pictures all over the internet,
You ignore this for years, simply because he is from your tribe.
May God forgive you people.... hypocrisy at its peak.
Normal humans do not behave this way.
Truth is not bitter, People are just bitter to the truth.
Kiss the Truth.

We Rise!

RRodwave:

That Man no deserve to live I swear,
But come to think of it Since Endsars Them talk say the Man Ran away does it mean say the Govt no fit catch him?
He deserves more than just death.
Guess the evil politicians he served under are the ones protecting him.
And such politicians still have the effontery to want to contest for a seat in Aso Rock?!
God forbid bad thing again in our nation.

RRodwave:

I believe say he no go go scott free
It's all a matter of time.
Him and his family will reap the fruit of his evil and every person trying to hide and protect him.

No be curse,
Na FACT!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buratai: I Won’t Reply PDP On My Ambassadorial Appointment by ZeroWorries: 6:08pm On Feb 07, 2021
So Burutai still get mind/mouth to talk? Wonders will never cease.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buratai: I Won’t Reply PDP On My Ambassadorial Appointment by helinues: 6:13pm On Feb 07, 2021
Silent is the best answer to.....
Re: Buratai: I Won’t Reply PDP On My Ambassadorial Appointment by Racoon(m): 6:22am On Feb 08, 2021
See how Buhari have so much elevated failure and mediocrity that a failed COAS is self glorifying himself over his heinous atrocities as achievements.

The world is just laughing the idiocy of Buratai.Just look up to when he will be taken up for trial @ the ICC.The wheel of justice grinds slowly but surely.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buratai: I Won’t Reply PDP On My Ambassadorial Appointment by Racoon(m): 6:23am On Feb 08, 2021
[s]
post=98839396:
We keep wondering why all of you have refused to talk about the most evil policeman in the history of Africa that singlehandedly and collectively killed 100 Anambra youths.WHERE is your conscience in life?
[/s]The satanic former Akwuzu SARS boss is a well known despicable man that true Igbos are still baying for his blood today in Anambra.We in alaigbo dont condone evil. This is why your darling daddy was rejected over and over again.Buhari is simply the worst of the two evil.So no amount of whitewashing of the man you dearly love will make us forget:

-The role played by Buhari in killing of Igbos during the counter coup of July 28-29 1966 @ Ikeja Barracks,
-Same role he played during the civil war-era war of attrition & annihilation by a nation on it own people who demand out of a federation that is not & has never worked till date.

-Same Buhari that disposed a democratic government on Dec.31st 1983 and choose to allow the president-Shehu Shagari(his fulani kith) to roam free yet unjustly slammed an Igbo man-VP Alex Ekwueme into detention.

-Buhari choosing to vote his fulani brother from Niger against an Igbo man as secretary during OAU conference in 1984 thereby becoming the first president to openly violate his allegiance & sovereignty of his own nation.

-The same Buhari that refuse to even be stateman enough with his silly mathematically incorrect "97% and 5%" statement that have further polarized the nation so more.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buratai: I Won’t Reply PDP On My Ambassadorial Appointment by Nobody: 6:33am On Feb 08, 2021

So your effect on bokoharam would be felt in 5 - 10years time?... Nigeria grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Buratai: I Won’t Reply PDP On My Ambassadorial Appointment by capatainrambo: 6:39am On Feb 08, 2021
This incompetent fool

3 Likes

Re: Buratai: I Won’t Reply PDP On My Ambassadorial Appointment by capatainrambo: 6:42am On Feb 08, 2021
post=98839396:

We keep wondering why all of you have refused to talk about the most evil policeman in the history of Africa that singlehandedly and collectively killed 100 Anambra youths.
zombie y dont you create a thread for that. Besides his people called him out, d re still searching for him till date. I doubt esn will spare him if he enters anambra again

But your wish to defend the incompetent burutai has got you doing dirty work. Unfortunate man

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buratai: I Won’t Reply PDP On My Ambassadorial Appointment by Nobody: 6:43am On Feb 08, 2021
post=98839396:

You are trying to be smart by half...

The name James Nwafor came public through the protest by youths on police brutality that same Govt you support went about killing people at the tolls..

The same people went about in search of him, his family, their media handles etc.. but you forget it's the work of same Govt you support to arrest James Nwafor..

But here you are asking why same people killed on the cause of calling out james nwafor have refused to talk just because you are trying to form a narrative for Burutai's incompetence and mass killings... does it even make sense?

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buratai: I Won’t Reply PDP On My Ambassadorial Appointment by saaron(m): 8:25am On Feb 08, 2021
Rubber stamp National Assembly called for the sack and outright removal of service chiefs several times before over widespread insecurity ravaging the entire country. Lets see whether the rubber stamps will confirm the same service chiefs as non career Ambassadors.
Useless regime.

4 Likes

Re: Buratai: I Won’t Reply PDP On My Ambassadorial Appointment by osuofia2(m): 9:57am On Feb 08, 2021
Don't bother replying wailers, at least there is nothing they can do aside their media propaganda to tarnish the govt of baba Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Buratai: I Won’t Reply PDP On My Ambassadorial Appointment by VillageHead: 9:57am On Feb 08, 2021
Baba said he couldn't remember all the projects they have done.

when the rights words should have been:

he could not remember all the havoc they have wrecked.

1 Like

Re: Buratai: I Won’t Reply PDP On My Ambassadorial Appointment by RRodwave(m): 9:58am On Feb 08, 2021
undecided
Re: Buratai: I Won’t Reply PDP On My Ambassadorial Appointment by jimi4us: 9:58am On Feb 08, 2021
Foolish murderer. You're going to ICC soon

1 Like

Re: Buratai: I Won’t Reply PDP On My Ambassadorial Appointment by janedonez(m): 9:58am On Feb 08, 2021
Better
Re: Buratai: I Won’t Reply PDP On My Ambassadorial Appointment by virginboy1(m): 9:59am On Feb 08, 2021
Boko haram grew stronger and tougher under his tenure as Cheif of Army staff.

What a shame. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Buratai: I Won’t Reply PDP On My Ambassadorial Appointment by Ogbodavies(m): 9:59am On Feb 08, 2021

this talk off me...who go on me back...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Have Stayed So Long In Prison– Shehu Sani Backs Call For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release / Rochas Okorocha Denies Calling Omojuwa "Stupid", Says It's 'Photoshopped' / Electricity: Nigerians Must Pay Higher Tariffs – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.