Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (963445 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by orenteasa(f): 6:19pm On Nov 01, 2017
Chikach:

How far the droppings, have u found a solution to it?
Not really, are you interested?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by orenteasa(f): 6:20pm On Nov 01, 2017
Turks:
If you’re in Abuja, I know someone in dire need of droppings

I am in ogun state
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by orenteasa(f): 6:21pm On Nov 01, 2017
Anyone that is interested in poultry droppings should please indicate, my farm is in ogun state.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by orenteasa(f): 6:36pm On Nov 01, 2017
please, I just discovered this on the neck of one of my birds, what could this be and please I need solution.

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 6:46pm On Nov 01, 2017
This is as a result of pecking or the bird’s neck being bruised by the battery cage. Please isolate the bird and apply iodine to that wound. It’ll heal up in a few weeks time.
orenteasa:
please, I just discovered this on the neck of one of my birds, what could this be and please I need solution.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Niyibukky: 6:53pm On Nov 01, 2017
Much as its rewarding to invest in poultry business, I'll advice you from experience not to put all your eggs in a single basket. Try as much as possible to invest in feed milling and farming (maize). Its more profitable to make your feed by yourself since you know what you put in. Its easier for you to monitor the progress and performance of your birds. Raise cockerels for 4-5 months towards the festivals; like muslim festival, christian festivals and new year.
Poultry farming is a roller coaster ride of ups and downs. When dealing with any animal like poultry, care must be taken not to put all your investments on it and its profit as the risk is higher. Poultry farming could make you or break you. I was once burying about 350 birds daily for about 7 days after some years of ever smiling to the bank. I learned to diversify afterwards. Now I use the adage "If you don't learn through design, you would learn through disaster" as a counseling quotation. I wish you the best, I give you the rest but don't give yourself unnecessary stress.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Niyibukky: 7:16pm On Nov 01, 2017
It could also be the handiwork of some mice who cut through the neck of birds in the night while the birds are sleeping.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by orenteasa(f): 7:38pm On Nov 01, 2017
Turks:
This is as a result of pecking or the bird’s neck being bruised by the battery cage. Please isolate the bird and apply iodine to that wound. It’ll heal up in a few weeks time.

thanks, if it is as a result of the cage, what can I do to avoid further re-occurance.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by orenteasa(f): 7:41pm On Nov 01, 2017
Niyibukky:
It could also be the handiwork of some mice who cut through the neck of birds in the night while the birds are sleeping.

what can I use to stop further attack by the mice, if that is the case.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 8:24pm On Nov 01, 2017
It best you have the bars around the cage fixed. Call on a cage fabricator sir.
orenteasa:

thanks, if it is as a result of the cage, what can I do to avoid further re-occurance.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by baggiosne: 12:39am On Nov 02, 2017
peterbello:

Swollen face is Coryza. Treat with a strong antibiotic like Enrofloxacin or Tylosin for 5 days. For the pox, you use Pox Proline.
as u av directed me, I av used the above drugs, still no result, even some are find it difficult to see as a result of the swollen face and the pox symptoms on the head region, pls any further assistance on this?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jay7(m): 5:50am On Nov 02, 2017
To farmers that will be needing feed formula for various classes of livestock kindly visit my facebook page and learn more on how to formulate your own feed

https://mbasic.facebook.com/All-About-Feed-Formulation-127149524601510/?v=feed&_rdr
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 02, 2017
baggiosne:
as u av directed me, I av used the above drugs, still no result, even some are find it difficult to see as a result of the swollen face and the pox symptoms on the head region, pls any further assistance on this?
Seems you have severe form of pox. You need to treat as fast as possible. Combine this two options
1. Rub raw palm oil on the affected part and put like two teaspoonful in water for two days.
It should improve in three days.

2. Gumbocine in water for five days.

A picture would be better. If its corza, ginger garlic pepper combination will eliminate it almost immediately.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Dimejimichael(m): 7:30am On Nov 02, 2017
Good morning guys ,I notice 80% of my cockerels are having this scabby sores on their face!!
Are this symptoms of a fowl pox?
If yes , how can I cure them ,before they begins to die..
Thanks

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by peterbello(m): 9:47am On Nov 02, 2017
baggiosne:

It seems the Coryza is severe. Isolate the infected ones then administer Tylodox and Keproceryl to both groups of birds. Still for 5 days. It would help if you keep the isolated ones in a warm place. After the 5 days, multivitamins has to follow because pox lowers their immunity. Don't forget add the pox proline to the combo.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by orenteasa(f): 10:46am On Nov 02, 2017
Turks:
It best you have the bars around the cage fixed. Call on a cage fabricator sir.

thank you sir, by the way I am a female.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by baggiosne: 6:36pm On Nov 02, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Seems you have severe form of pox. You need to treat as fast as possible. Combine this two options
1. Rub raw palm oil on the affected part and put like two teaspoonful in water for two days.
It should improve in three days.

2. Gumbocine in water for five days.

A picture would be better. If its corza, ginger garlic pepper combination will eliminate it almost immediately.
i av been find it difficult to upload their pictures, for more elaboration these are the symptoms, pox symptoms almost besides their eyes, swollen region where the signs came out, and the water is coming out of the affected eyes, smtimes they ll close the affected eyes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by baggiosne: 6:40pm On Nov 02, 2017
Y
baggiosne:
i av been find it difficult to upload their pictures, for more elaboration these are the symptoms, pox symptoms almost besides their eyes, swollen region where the signs came out, and the water is coming out of the affected eyes, smtimes they ll close the affected eyes
thank God I was able to upload this one, I av some that the disease has almost spoil their eyes, very big symptoms more than the one I uploaded
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 6:48pm On Nov 02, 2017
You have a case of coryza and fowlpox on your hands. A bad combo if you ask me.
baggiosne:
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bibelo: 8:23pm On Nov 02, 2017
Guys what could be responsible for this...... my cousin bought an egg this evening,he broke the egg with the intention to fry it only to find a fully formed egg with shell inside the one he broke

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bibelo: 8:36pm On Nov 02, 2017
more pics

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bibelo: 8:38pm On Nov 02, 2017

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by GidiPrince: 11:47pm On Nov 02, 2017
baggiosne:

I've had this case before, it's tough but here is what I did and got excellent result though it was for grower pullets.

Isolate affected birds, give both groups Tylodox + Polidine for 5days.(if you've used tylodox, tylosin or enro, dont repeat)

and spray the birds with polidine- this is to reduce the spread of the coryza.

For the pox-like thing around the eyes, get procaine penicillin and water for injection, inject 0.5 ml per bird. And you'll see how it'll dry up ASAP.

P.S my case was as worse that both eyes of some birds were covered. But it all wiped out and no mortality. The birds are still doing good till date.

And please, improve your ventilation and sanitation so as to aid convalescing and to avoid reoccurrence. The root of this disease is respiratory.

Best of luck.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by baggiosne: 1:01am On Nov 03, 2017
Jo
GidiPrince:

I've had this case before, it's tough but here is what I did and got excellent result though it was for grower pullets.

Isolate affected birds, give both groups Tylodox + Polidine for 5days.(if you've used tylodox, tylosin or enro, dont repeat)

and spray the birds with polidine- this is to reduce the spread of the coryza.

For the pox-like thing around the eyes, get procaine penicillin and water for injection, inject 0.5 ml per bird. And you'll see how it'll dry up ASAP.

P.S my case was as worse that both eyes of some birds were covered. But it all wiped out and no mortality. The birds are still doing good till date.

And please, improve your ventilation and sanitation so as to aid convalescing and to avoid reoccurrence. The root of this disease is respiratory.

Best of luck.
thanks so much my broda, really short of cash now to get all dis drugs bt I'm so much appreciates ur response to my plight cos i av spent so much already, they are 100 in numbers and i av isolated the affected ones, they r, 15 in numbers as at now, I ll follow ur guide lines immediately the cash comes in , and abt the application of the ingestion, which part of the body shld put the needle,?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by GidiPrince: 10:21am On Nov 03, 2017
baggiosne:
Jo thanks so much my broda, really short of cash now to get all dis drugs bt I'm so much appreciates ur response to my plight cos i av spent so much already, they are 100 in numbers and i av isolated the affected ones, they r, 15 in numbers as at now, I ll follow ur guide lines immediately the cash comes in , and abt the application of the ingestion, which part of the body shld put the needle,?

I understand. Procaine penicillin is #200 water for injection is #50 each. Use it for the affected ones.

I injected their thigh.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by baggiosne: 3:02pm On Nov 03, 2017
GidiPrince:

I understand. Procaine penicillin is #200 water for injection is #50 each. Use it for the affected ones.

I injected their thigh.
may Almighty God reward u abudantly for the quick responses, u ll neva taste bitterness in ur life, i ll sources for the ingestion today and by tomorrow I shld ingest them accordingly, once again thanks so much

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by faazagribiz: 4:29am On Nov 04, 2017
pls,what quantity of procaine penicillin and water for injection, and for how many days will they be given for pox?tanx.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Dimejimichael(m): 1:23pm On Nov 04, 2017
faazagribiz:
pls,what quantity of procaine penicillin and water for injection, and for how many days will they be given for pox?tanx.

This could help you..
It is effective against antinobacillosis,fowl pox, CRD infections , coryza etc
You can see dat in the pix
Just 650..

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 04, 2017
Dimejimichael:

This could help you..
It is effective against antinobacillosis,fowl pox, CRD infections , coryza etc
You can see dat in the pix
Just 650..
Very nice active ingredients in that mixture. It should be added to a must have drug.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sp2002(m): 10:04pm On Nov 04, 2017
Point of lay will be available for sale by the first week of January. The pulleys are 4wks old now. Pls call 08137775986 for more info

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ola185: 9:56am On Nov 05, 2017
Hello farmers.... I want 2 raise 50 broilers and am looking for a breed that will reach market size(2.8-3kg) within 6weeks? Pls I need ur advise. Thanks!
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 10:10am On Nov 05, 2017
Raise the Ross 308. Are you a green horn? If not, then 6-7weeks is perfect.
ola185:
Hello farmers.... I want 2 raise 50 broilers and am looking for a breed that will reach market size(2.8-3kg) within 6weeks? Pls I need ur advise. Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.