Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,256 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (963475 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by GidiPrince: 7:38pm On Nov 16, 2017
Turks:
Antibiotics Resistance is real my brother. Why administer a drug in the first place if you’re not going to complete the dosage?

Thanks sir. Noted.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by baggiosne: 7:42pm On Nov 16, 2017
[quote author=Rzq4 post=62409890]

ibadan
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 11:01pm On Nov 16, 2017
meetgaby:
Pls what's the best layers breed I can get and pls do give me a contact. Thanks
Isa brown.
check on poultry plaza.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 11:27pm On Nov 16, 2017
The ISA brown or the Lohman Brown breed. Contact is on 08026360598 to place an order.
meetgaby:
Pls what's the best layers breed I can get and pls do give me a contact. Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by baggiosne: 12:34am On Nov 19, 2017
Turks:
The ISA brown or the Lohman Brown breed. Contact is on 08026360598 to place an order.
Hello able farmers in the house, especially those dat av been of help since all this days trough ur contribution towards helping others lik me, i lost one of my 98 broilers last two weeks , bigger one for that matter without any traces or any recognise causative agents, so, I keeps doing what I know how to do best on them, last nite again i just came back from work , only to met another two died already, bigger ones again, without any traces of illness whatsoever, then I decided to carry out little research on their death by cutting their stomach , my discovery was 1,their intestine were covered by a thin substance dat look like lynon , 2:,the intestine is so large than normal apart from this, every other tins are normal, could it be that their is too much fat in their feed which i also suspected cos I av been making feed since wen they are 6weeks with inclusion of full fat soya, I'm just confused, the birds are well okay and very active, i just need ur advices to avoid further occurrences and they are 12 weeks now
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by mikkycyruz(m): 10:04am On Nov 19, 2017
A comprehensive practical manual on Rabbit farming, snail farming and grasscutter farming is available for #4000

Yes, you heard right..You get those 3 for just #4000

Highly practical, A practical knowledge

To get yours, WhatsApp menorah farms and consults on 07016790673

We would guide you to success
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 12:02pm On Nov 20, 2017
baggiosne:
Hello able farmers in the house, especially those dat av been of help since all this days trough ur contribution towards helping others lik me, i lost one of my 98 broilers last two weeks , bigger one for that matter without any traces or any recognise causative agents, so, I keeps doing what I know how to do best on them, last nite again i just came back from work , only to met another two died already, bigger ones again, without any traces of illness whatsoever, then I decided to carry out little research on their death by cutting their stomach , my discovery was 1,their intestine were covered by a thin substance dat look like lynon , 2:,the intestine is so large than normal apart from this, every other tins are normal, could it be that their is too much fat in their feed which i also suspected cos I av been making feed since wen they are 6weeks with inclusion of full fat soya, I'm just confused, the birds are well okay and very active, i just need ur advices to avoid further occurrences and they are 12 weeks now
How old are they? Have u been giving ciccidiosis drugs, lasota? Do u use toxin binder in ur feed?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 12:21pm On Nov 20, 2017
orenteasa:
please fellow farmers, my birds are 7 months old, they are one month into laying, and are 200 in number, but the highest number of eggs I collect each day is 15 ,is it normal considering the number of birds, I am worried because I am spending alot of money on their feeding, please I need help.
Always use this feed chart as a guide: http://www.farmersjoint.com/blog/livestock-farming/poultry/feed-consumption-plan-body-weight-target-laying-hens/
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by baggiosne: 6:48am On Nov 21, 2017
FarmTech:

How old are they? Have u been giving ciccidiosis drugs, lasota? Do u use toxin binder in ur feed?
12 weeks today, as for coccidiosis, yes, i normally use embazin forte, and my lasota is up to date, and I use toxin binder always, even I still met one died today again
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigthingz: 3:02pm On Nov 21, 2017
FarmTech:

It depends on how u go about it. It won't affect production if u change slowly over a period of 2 weeks. Start by mixing old and new feed in a ratio of say, 90:10. Then gradually increase the qty of new feed until it reaches 100% by day 14. I dont need to tell u that what will happen if the new feed is low quality. Rather than test it on pthe whole birds, divide them into 4 groups or so and test it on one group.
thanks a lot I appreciate
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigthingz: 3:22pm On Nov 21, 2017
Hello farmers. Pls If one used 750 25kg bags of feeds for his laying birds in a month, how many bags of 100kg of manure can that produce. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 10:17pm On Nov 21, 2017
bigthingz:
thanks a lot I appreciate
.. wlcm. I hope ur new feed is working.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 10:22pm On Nov 21, 2017
baggiosne:
12 weeks today, as for coccidiosis, yes, i normally use embazin forte, and my lasota is up to date, and I use toxin binder always, even I still met one died today again
Are u sure they don't have respiratory form of fowlpox? It dealt with my 600 broilers. Check for any sign of respiratory problem and any sign of pox on the face. Try some other drug for coco - maybe amprolium or agracox or coccifor etc. If u can upload a picture of the pen and dead bird it might be helpful.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 10:27pm On Nov 21, 2017
bigthingz:
Hello farmers. Pls If one used 750 25kg bags of feeds for his laying birds in a month, how many bags of 100kg of manure can that produce. Thanks in anticipation.
This might be helpful www.farmersjoint.com/blog/livestock-farming/feeding-poultry-litter-to-ruminants/.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by baggiosne: 12:32am On Nov 22, 2017
FarmTech:

Are u sure they don't have respiratory form of fowlpox? It dealt with my 600 broilers. Check for any sign of respiratory problem and any sign of pox on the face. Try some other drug for coco - maybe amprolium or agracox or coccifor etc. If u can upload a picture of the pen and dead bird it might be helpful.
i had issue of pox before, but av been treated accordingly, and all of them were able to survive the storm, talk of respiratory issue,i av purchased another drug that ll do justice to dat, and I ll report back to the house after the treatment,
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by crro: 9:45am On Nov 22, 2017
Hello all, where can I find Fertile Broiler eggs in Port-Harcourt ? Any help in the right direction will be highly appreciated. Cheers.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigthingz: 3:14pm On Nov 22, 2017
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by agrowumi: 10:20am On Nov 24, 2017
Abeg house longest time, how is ur briolers doing , pls how good is animal care concentrate for finisher and wat is d formulae. Ve been using it from day old but scare of it .
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by agrowumi: 10:28am On Nov 24, 2017
Any suggestion on any finisher feed to make dem really big,dey are 11weeks old , expecting dem to b bigger than dis. Started finisher since ist week of did month, do u think dey are doing great

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 10:53am On Nov 24, 2017
11weeks? What’s heir average weight?
agrowumi:
Any suggestion on any finisher feed to make dem really big,dey are 11weeks old , expecting dem to b bigger than dis. Started finisher since ist week of did month, do u think dey are doing great
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by agrowumi: 1:09pm On Nov 24, 2017
Sorry am just replying went to get them antibiotics. don't ve an idea ,cos I don't ve weighting scale but few of them ve weight
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 1:42pm On Nov 24, 2017
Please get a digital scale. It’s your best bet.
agrowumi:
Sorry am just replying went to get them antibiotics. don't ve an idea ,cos I don't ve weighting scale but few of them ve weight
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by agrowumi: 2:38pm On Nov 24, 2017
Thanks ,please where can I get it and what is d cost
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 2:40pm On Nov 24, 2017
We can supply you sir. Please send a whatsapp message to 08026360598
agrowumi:
Thanks ,please where can I get it and what is d cost
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by agrowumi: 5:06pm On Nov 24, 2017
OK thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigthingz: 8:43am On Nov 30, 2017
FarmTech:

wlcm. I hope ur new feed is working.
am still giving them commercial feeds. Out of four rms am only using concentrate on 1 of the rms..dou the result is still not convencing.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by money4god: 3:17pm On Dec 05, 2017
Please house, who has large quantity of old layers to sell?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 12:48am On Dec 06, 2017
baggiosne:
i had issue of pox before, but av been treated accordingly, and all of them were able to survive the storm, talk of respiratory issue,i av purchased another drug that ll do justice to dat, and I ll report back to the house after the treatment,
Any update?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by baggiosne: 4:38pm On Dec 06, 2017
FarmTech:

Any update?
all the birds are looking fine n healthy, ready to go by festival period, thanks for your concern
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 1:10am On Dec 07, 2017
baggiosne:
all the birds are looking fine n healthy, ready to go by festival period, thanks for your concern
That's nice to hear.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by oluwalogo(m): 4:38pm On Dec 09, 2017
Do you have a product/service for sale or hire? Do you want to reach more potential clients.

Goodnews....
https://fufumart.com is the best place for you to showcase what you have got. Hurry now to make your free advertisement.

Click, register and post your adds today.
https://fufumart.com
Thank me later...

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.