Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 (99668 Views)

IBB Shuns Governorship And House Of Assembly Elections In Niger / Presidential, National Assembly Elections Vicious – Soyinka / Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by GoldCircle: 3:05am On Apr 10, 2011
cant we see the nationwide picture on a map-like format? so that we'll begin to see what the New Senate and House of Rep would look like. or maybe i should just check out the INEC website. I no fit sleep, I'm hungry for info. . .
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by 9ja4eva: 3:07am On Apr 10, 2011
baksonlee:

BREAKING NEWS: PDP Akinjide and Adedibu Lose Senate Seats To ACN in Oyo State

ACN wins Oyo South and Central Senatorial Districts.

Change is finally here.

God i thank you for this Change.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Sagamite(m): 3:21am On Apr 10, 2011
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Sagamite(m): 3:36am On Apr 10, 2011
IFELEKE:

Osun State Total National Assembly Election Results (By Local Government)

IFE CENTRAL LGA

SENATORIAL : ACN – 12,035, PDP – 9,098

IFE EAST LGA

SENATORIAL : ACN – 11,868, PDP – 8563

IFE SOUTH LGA

SENATORIAL : ACN – 8822, PDP – 5755

IFE NORTH LGA

SENATORIAL : ACN – 9260, PDP – 4311

ATAKUNMOSA WEST LGA

HOUSE OF REP. : ACN – 7770, PDP – 1643

ATAKUNMOSA EAST LGA

SENATORIAL : ACN – 12,473, PDP – 2515

HOUSE OF REP: ACN – 12,119, PDP – 2,383

OLAOLUWA LGA

SENATORIAL : ACN – 8441, PDP – 4748

HOUSE OF REP: ACN – 8146, PDP – 4847

EDE NORTH LGA

SENATORIAL : ACN – 7754, PDP – 13386

HOUSE OF REP: ACN – 11902, PDP – 5861

IFEDAYO LGA

SENATORIAL : ACN – 3750, PDP – 2176

HOUSE OF REP: ACN – 3579, PDP – 1925

IWO LGA

SENATORIAL : ACN – 21,639, PDP – 9885

HOUSE OF REP: ACN – 21,253, PDP – 10,645

More to come later. . .

I can't believe it!

You mean all this "Ara Oke" Oyo people are about to be liberated from PDP and "You dey bleassh" Akala.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by tony451: 3:41am On Apr 10, 2011
Sagamite:

I can't believe it!

You mean all this "Ara Oke" Oyo people are about to be liberated from PDP and "You dey bleassh" Akala.

amen amen amen. PDP has been the death of Oyo State for 12 years. We have not just gone backwards, we have become the laughing stock of the whole country. "pacesetter state" my arse. hopefully alao akala is kicked out in similar fashion
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by MAYOWAAK: 3:43am On Apr 10, 2011
FOOD FOR THOUGHT !!!!!!
PDP's Case In This Elections Is Like The Case of an Unserious Student
Who Seldom Attends Classes , And Has Been Relying On Cheating
In His Exams All His School Life. Now All Of a Sudden, He Is Faced
With The Prospect Of Writing a Digitalised & Computerised Exams !
Results Of Which Shall Be Published Same Day Immediately After The Exams ! No More Expos, Copying From Friends, Desk Notes, Tattoos,
No More Hiring Of Mercenaries Sitting For The Exams For Him, & No Chance Of Bribing Or Settling The Examiners Like In The Past ! No Chance of Seeing Guys In Records To Change The Scores ! No Chance Of Using Violence To Disrupt The Exams Like Before !
Everything Is Now Online, Defeat Is Now Staring "Student PDP" In The Face !
Age Is No Longer On His Side, So What Is He Now Going To Do ?
I'll Suggest The School Still Gives "Student PDP" a Soft Landing,
Something Like B.Sc Political Failure, So He Can Go Back To Start All Over Again,
By Taking Another Entrance Exam. , Or Go Learn a Decent Trade .
Folks, "Student PDP" Urgently Needs Your Advice, To Deal With His Ugly Situation
Before He Commits Suicide Or Run Amok ! He Sees No Chance Of Help From His
Family, As "Student PDP" Himself Admits, This Is Beyond "Family Affairs" !
Who Really Cares ? Let The Music Of Change Continue To Play, Vote Out
Party of Decaying Politicians, Vote Congress for Preferable Change, Vote
Buhari - Bakare , 2011 Is Nigeria's Year Of Change, By Nigerians & For Nigerians, Don't Be Left Out !!!!!
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by tokunegiye(m): 3:54am On Apr 10, 2011
this truly one man one vote gej man of his words bye bye pdp
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by jmaine: 4:02am On Apr 10, 2011
tokunegiye:

this truly one man one vote gej man of his words bye bye pdp

Guess anti GEJ fans will now have a reason to thank the man for being a true democrat and making the process fairly free with some excepts in some flash point areas. . .and by the way Oyinlola and Omisore out . . . .yeeeeee . . . hhuhu . . . .hahahahahaha . . . . Great news . .wetin those brut and perennial law breakers wan go do as lawmakers . . . God don catch them . . . Borno went to the PDP no wonder them wan bomb electorates for there . .so sad for this level of apathy being displayed by those demons  cry
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by EPOMA(m): 4:07am On Apr 10, 2011
Can you Imagine, while we are busy here looking for[b] BEAF[/b] for what he has for us on this post. He is busy starting a new topic.

Please BEAF come out here and defend PDP and Jona

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-642851.0.html
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Basseti: 4:09am On Apr 10, 2011
EPOMA:

Can you Imagine, while we are busy here looking for[b] BEAF[/b] for what he has for us on this post. He is busy starting a new topic.

Please BEAF come out here and defend PDP and Jona

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-642851.0.html
LOL
Ol boy leave the dude to mourn in peace Nahhhhhhhhhhh

Besides, he might have the last laff come the Presidential elections and u know what they say about he that laffs last
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by TopAnalyst(m): 4:11am On Apr 10, 2011
We should start planning a VALEDICTORY SERVICE for our OUTGOING PRESIDENT.
Next month, May 29th, is the handover date and we don't have much time to waste.
Suggestions:

1. VENUE: Eagle Square, Abuja

2. ARTIST OF THE DAY: D'Banj - The Kokomaster

3. FATHER OF THE DAY: OBJ - (Father of an outgoing Senator)

4. GATE FEE: Free-Of-Charge

5. ETC,  keep it coming please!! grin grin grin
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Fhemmmy: 4:35am On Apr 10, 2011
Gift to Go . . . .Brooms
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Princek12(m): 4:36am On Apr 10, 2011
ACN should buy Fashola a thank you card. He single handedly helped ACN candidates win. Now that they have won all these seats, they will hopefully deliver for their electorate.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by ghonsie: 4:45am On Apr 10, 2011
This whole thread reminds me of this blog
"Nollywood for Jonathan or Nollywood enticed by Bribery"

She's a new blogger but her blog is really interesting. She talks a lot about how she sees things now as a Nigerian in Diaspora. Here's a link to her blog if you guys want to check it out.

http://ghonsie-sse..com/

The one about Nollywood and Jonathan is the first one and she has this other post about this new movie "Black Gold". She's always looking for readers to tell her what they think too.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Basics007: 4:46am On Apr 10, 2011
Princek12:

ACN should buy Fashola a thank you card. He single handedly helped ACN candidates win. Now that they have won all these seats, they will hopefully deliver for their electorate.
This is so true. ACN candidates are riding on Fashola's back to victory. At least i  know that in Oyo State,Ajumobi campaign theme is based on ''go and see what's happening in Lagos''. That's y I'm hopin they will deliver like Fashola when the time comes.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Fhemmmy: 4:51am On Apr 10, 2011
Basics007:

This is so true. ACN candidates are riding on Fashola's back to victory. At least i  know that in Oyo State,Ajumobi campaign theme is based on ''go and see what's happening in Lagos''. That's y I'm hopin they will deliver like Fashola when the time comes.

Hope they will deliver, for real, cos talk is cheap
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Allta(m): 5:01am On Apr 10, 2011
I have a sneaky feeling that as a result of yesterday credible election process, people might vote GEJ in next week as individual but not for PDP

So what will this mean:

A Non-PDP majority legislative house filled with fresh air (hoping the don't follow in the footsteps of their previous predecessors)
A PDP Executive arm of Govt

I somehow feel this will be good for our beloved country in the end.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Basics007: 5:06am On Apr 10, 2011
I`m desperately waiting for confirmation of Dimeji Bankole`s defeat. the loudmouth said revolution can never happen in Nigeria. he needs to find out that  it can, in the hard way that is. i knew he was seriously being trounced earlier on but with the burning of the INEC office in Ogun abracadabra may have occured.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by ektbear: 5:08am On Apr 10, 2011
Allta:

I have a sneaky feeling that as a result of yesterday credible election process, people might vote GEJ in next week as individual but not for PDP

So what will this mean:

A Non-PDP majority legislative house filled with fresh air (hoping the don't follow in the footsteps of their previous predecessors)
A PDP Executive arm of Govt

I somehow feel this will be good for our beloved country in the end.

I'm fine with that outcome. Checks and balances are a good thing.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by chamber2(m): 5:13am On Apr 10, 2011
MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS GEJ FOR BRINGING TRUE DEMOCRACY IN NIGERIA
HE IS A MAN OF HIS WORDS
NIGERIANS WILL SURELY VOTE HIM AS PRESIDENT
HIS SINCERITY HAS ENDEARED HIM TO ALL NIGERIANS
GOD BLESS YOU MY PRESIDENT
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by wallex1983(m): 5:19am On Apr 10, 2011
I c a new Nigeria. God we thank u. Jega, u av scored well avove 60%. That is a gud score in this exercise. We don't expect everything to be perfect. But I must say, this election is CREDIBLE
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by EEspeed: 5:21am On Apr 10, 2011
Truly, GEJ has given us true democracy despite what ppl want to say, credit to him and JEGA, now its healthy for our country to have different parties control executive and senate, what ever, i still think we should stick to GEJ for president. Maybe as a lot of wolves are booted out, he will have the environment to do his work.
chamber2:

MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS GEJ FOR BRINGING TRUE DEMOCRACY IN NIGERIA
HE IS A MAN OF HIS WORDS
NIGERIANS WILL SURELY VOTE HIM AS PRESIDENT
HIS SINCERITY HAS ENDEARED HIM TO ALL NIGERIANS
GOD BLESS YOU MY PRESIDENT
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by damoche07(m): 5:30am On Apr 10, 2011
For those suddenly getting soft  Jonathan,stop!!! As much as my suspicion of him has been tempered by his handling of 411(April 4,2011) Elections I still find him too naive n unpresidentialike.remenmber,Sambo will be his deputy and most importantly with a hostile senate GEJ WILL NEVER achieve much.if he couldn't achieve much wit a PDP dominmated Parliament,aw will he do it wit an opposition? We need a reform minded person.#LetsmakeGEJalegengnotapresident.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by ofala(m): 5:32am On Apr 10, 2011
MAYOWAAK:

FOOD FOR THOUGHT !!!!!!
PDP's Case In This Elections Is Like The Case of an Unserious Student
Who Seldom Attends Classes , And Has Been Relying On Cheating
In His Exams All His School Life. Now All Of a Sudden, He Is Faced
With The Prospect Of Writing a Digitalised & Computerised Exams !
Results Of Which Shall Be Published Same Day Immediately After The Exams ! No More Expos, Copying From Friends, Desk Notes, Tattoos,
No More Hiring Of Mercenaries Sitting For The Exams For Him, & No Chance Of Bribing Or Settling The Examiners Like In The Past ! No Chance of Seeing Guys In Records To Change The Scores ! No Chance Of Using Violence To Disrupt The Exams Like Before !
Everything Is Now Online, Defeat Is Now Staring "Student PDP" In The Face !
Age Is No Longer On His Side, So What Is He Now Going To Do ?
I'll Suggest The School Still Gives "Student PDP" a Soft Landing,
Something Like B.Sc Political Failure, So He Can Go Back To Start All Over Again,
By Taking Another Entrance Exam. , Or Go Learn a Decent Trade .
Folks, "Student PDP" Urgently Needs Your Advice, To Deal With His Ugly Situation
Before He Commits Suicide Or Run Amok ! He Sees No Chance Of Help From His
Family, As "Student PDP" Himself Admits, This Is Beyond "Family Affairs" !
Who Really Cares ? Let The Music Of Change Continue To Play, Vote Out
Party of Decaying Politicians, Vote Congress for Preferable Change, Vote
Buhari - Bakare , 2011 Is Nigeria's Year Of Change, By Nigerians & For Nigerians, Don't Be Left Out !!!!!

You have said it all but i think we should all be more vigilant because with these defeats, PDP will become more desperate and might do so many stupid things to out-turn our legitimate votes during the Presidential voting. Not good enough to say that they are drowning because they are ALREADY DROWNED!
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Basics007: 5:36am On Apr 10, 2011
Dont have any problem GEJ from the start. It`s the wolves surrounding him who he seems unable to control that i`ve a problem with. His approval rating crashed badly after that infamous reception for Bode George.
Why he chosed to pitch his political careerer with Bode George a man who at the height of his power in 2007 couldnt deliver Lagos for PDP not to now mention 4yrs later when he`s been out of circulation for 2yrs and is simply today a broken political cadaver still beffudles me shocked shocked shocked
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by mensdept: 5:47am On Apr 10, 2011
wallex1983:

I c a new Nigeria. God we thank u. Jega, u av scored well avove 60%. That is a gud score in this exercise. We don't expect everything to be perfect. But I must say, this election is CREDIBLE

Umm, instead of the usual "thanking God o'", why not thank the courageous people of Naija, who, despite all the attacks, bombs, cowards, childish fools, complacent mobs, fake pastors, sharia-ist killers, WENT TO THE POLLS AND EXERCISED NOT ONLY THEIR RIGHTS, BUT THEIR COMMON SENSE!!!!. We thank god for brave Nigerian people!!!
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by ziccoit: 6:14am On Apr 10, 2011
Clark petitions Jega over alleged malpractice

Former Information Minister, Senator Edwin Clark, has petitioned the chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Prof. Attahiru Jega, over alleged huge electoral malpractices perpetrated in Delta State.
Clark in an open letter sent to the INEC boss alerted him to the activity of a young lady, who is said to an INEC employee, carrying a list of Returning Officers for three local government areas in the Delta North Senatorial District where she entered votes allocated to certain candidates even when election was yet to hold.
Clark said he received an information from a senatorial candidate in Delta North about the action of the INEC employee.
According to him, the lady had arrived the home of the senatorial candidate having been on his trail, came out of her vehicle and took a look at the candidate’s house and went back to the INEC office in Asaba.
He said nemesis caught up with the lady when some youths in the area stopped her for interrogation and she pleaded with the boys and gave them N10,000, which they refused to accept.
A search conducted on her revealed she was carrying the list of Returning officers for three local government areas in Delta North, where she had recorded in her diary votes allocated to certain candidates for an election that was yet to be conducted.
Though the matter has been reported to the police in Asaba, Clark insisted that the Resident Electoral Commissioner in the state should be redeployed.
“We do not want what happened in the governorship re-run election to occur in the ongoing exercise,” the elder statesman said.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Pain(m): 6:18am On Apr 10, 2011
Lets Vote This PDP Out!!
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Dejisax(m): 6:33am On Apr 10, 2011
This is truly a revolution , but come to think of it what is GEJ's faith he seems a very good man,
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by otokx(m): 6:38am On Apr 10, 2011
Lets wait for the official results before jubilation.
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Nobody: 6:42am On Apr 10, 2011
I want to congratulate the people of borno, inspite of the bombs even when bombs were going off they were determined to say no to a one man family government, his cousin as anpp gov aspirant, himself as senator his wife as rep. Pdp hd always been in the opposition there and so they organised themselves feilded the best candidates and no imposition and God fatherism. That was a deserved win for pdp, I hope the national pdp will learn from them in 2019 after being out of power for 8 yrs
Re: National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 by Knight1(m): 6:45am On Apr 10, 2011
FUNNY, USUALLY BY THIS TIME THISDAY NEWSPAPERS WOULD HAVE STARTED PUTTING 'REPORTED' RESULTS UP, I GUESS THINGS ARE NO LONGER AS THEY USED TO BE.

MAKE EDWIN CLARK GO SIDDON JO. HE'S FORMING MALPRACTICE NOW, DID HE NOT 'MALPRACTICE' DURING REGISTRATION?
SHIOOOOOOOOOOOOR!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (44) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Mobbed By Nigerians At London Resturant / Female Billionaires That Own Private Jets In Nigeria(photos) / Ajimobi Hasn’t Been Disconnected From Life Support But He's Gone- Fisayo Soyombo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.