Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,382 members, 7,853,701 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:01 PM

Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN (63737 Views)

Ikonso: Nnamdi Kanu And The End Of ESN / Heavy Military Presence In Onitsha, Army Mounts Roadblocks In Search Of ESN / Soldiers And Members Of ESN Clash In Orlu, Imo State - FFK Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by knightsTempler: 4:54pm On Feb 18, 2021
I have told you that the Nigerian Military is part of a tribal armed militia.

Orlu is undergoing airstrikes. Locals in the middle belt would speak of military helicopter dropping supplies in the Bush or circling their villages right before attacks.

3 Likes

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by OPPPS: 4:57pm On Feb 18, 2021
Beremx:
Orlu is densely populated. The Nigerian Army should leave my people alone and go face Boko Haram and Fulani herdsmen
So they should leave the terrorist coward organization alone?

You are a joker
Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by Beremx(f): 5:00pm On Feb 18, 2021
OPPPS:

So they should leave the terrorist coward organization alone?

You are a joker
you are very stupid for calling ESN cowards.

5 Likes

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by Factshunter: 5:03pm On Feb 18, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

This was how you lots mocked python dance till the fulani herdsmen came to your land, kill your people, rape your women and sacked your villages in oyo , ogun and ondo.

You've started again , a bigger one is coming.

A bigger one is coming? You are not the same hypocrite running about the platform mocking the SW with this stupid moniker? angry

You are a hypocrite.

Keep wishing the SW evil.

Orlu : Soldiers, ESN members in gun battle

ON FEBRUARY 18, 20213:49 PMIN NEWS

The Eastern Security Network, ESN and the Nigeria Army are currently in a gun battle in Orlu forest Imo State.

Details soon

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/02/orlu-soldiers-esn-members-in-gun-battle/
[/quote]

You better brace up for what's coming for you because it's closer to the doorstep now.

Nonsense!
Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by Makebitcoin: 5:04pm On Feb 18, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by learnedman(m): 5:06pm On Feb 18, 2021
Anyone still in doubt that Buhari and his federal regime is the chief sponsor and facilitator of Fulani bandits and terrorist in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by Kirkman: 5:07pm On Feb 18, 2021
Advocate500:
Eastern governor's are the worst set of leaders any region can wish her self.
Spineless set of coward gorvenors all of them..
Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by Omoslim26: 5:07pm On Feb 18, 2021
cocolacec:

No Yoruba is happy about innocent people dying,forget online comments.Yorubas are not the problem of Ibos but your Governors and Nnamdi kanu.

If your Govnrs value Ibos they will create a security network to integrate ESN and give them a legal backing.Nnamdi kanu on the other hand only act without thinking of consequences.It is good to be brave but wisdom and strategy wins a war not emotions.

Ibos cannot fight Nigerian Govt without the good backing of a world power(Russia,Israel,America or France) who will provide military and intelligence support.
Is Biafra ready to pay royalty to the world power incase Nigerdelta Rejects Biafra membership?

If Ibos really want to fight a war this time to break out of Nigeria,you need support from Western countries to match the strength of your enemy.

A nation who loses its war will forever be a slave to its victors,they will lose their dignity and pride as a people.

You made sense but ended up spoiling everything by tagging Igbos together with Ipob

even if the army are no doubt shameless set of people for always having mispriority

it's on record that esn was not created by and for Igbos

we have an existing govt even though they are messing up like every other region in the country we still have an existing govt dat was voted by the people of Ala Igbo and since this govt do not approve of esn they will surely have problems with the FG
esn picking up arms without approval automatically makes them a militant sect

I laugh when people think we will go to war bcus of ipob a proscribed group

even if we get Biafra today which seems to be drawing closer and closer we will still not rally behind that scammer from Isiama Afara Ukwu Umuahia who has zero positive impact in our Land other than sending our able bodied young men to their early graves with his scam package Ipob

I urge every Igbo youth out there to join hands with the ohaneze youth wing and we can make our lazy leaders do the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by olisaEze(m): 5:07pm On Feb 18, 2021
sweetonugbu:
And kankara boys are yet to be rescued

Kankara boys don reach house since nw, na Kagara dem dey now. The terrorists are doing it alphabetically. undecided
Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by Zaggafrank: 5:10pm On Feb 18, 2021
The military should not just bomb those terrorists separatists, they should spray them with white Phosphorus, so that they can suffer heavy burns before maybe dying
Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by ThatFairGuy1: 5:11pm On Feb 18, 2021
Cluelessness.
We have den of kidnappers in niger, zamfara and kaduna State, no single air bombardment.

I wash my hands commot for this incessant cluelessness

3 Likes

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by Conrod: 5:17pm On Feb 18, 2021
calyto:
If there was an airstrike, trust me, you'd have seen the video(s)

All I see are military helicopters on surveillance and that is the right thing to do before you people will destroy your homes and yourselves all in the name of proving a point that you hate Buhari.

For your information, Buhari will not leave office until 2023 and you will not get presidential ticket too.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Trust you!!! who are you?? na ur face dey #500 note?
Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by Bellotelli: 5:18pm On Feb 18, 2021
I support a full military operation in orlu forest to wipe out these criminal elements call ESN. You can't go on and create an unlawful organization without the support of the fg.

1 Like

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by sharpwriter(m): 5:18pm On Feb 18, 2021
Archtype:
I said it, this govt can never get its priorities right. They left the bandits that are kidnapping people, they even killed and kidnapped school children in Niger State, they also left Boko-haram and are here chasing shadows and looking for ESN that is more of an outfit helping them in security.

So you think they got priorities to attend to in the first place? Eh? Or you think bandits are part of their priorities, like they are interested in crushing them?

Wake up bro. This government is happy with the bandits. They support them against the south and anything that would stand against the fulanis conquest.

Whatever action made by the government against bandits or herdsmen are for mere show and surface dressing just to cool down the heat a bit. After cooling down, these evil unofficial soldiers continue their atrocities again.

3 Likes

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by Omoslim26: 5:19pm On Feb 18, 2021
P1PrinceKT:

MNK is terrorist.

delete dis post now

even if we stand by the Ohaneze and Democratically elected Governors on the proscribtion of Ipob calling mnk a terrorist is an insult to the Igbo heritage bcus there is no place for terrorism in the Igbo nature, culture and ideology you can only uderstand dis if you are Igbo

the man mnk can pass for a militant group leader

and mind you there is a difference between Militancy and Terrorism

and the fact that you did not even condemn dis senseless act from the Army tells of the kinda person you would be in reality

2 Likes

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by Emmyviva: 5:19pm On Feb 18, 2021
This is really obvious
....when the forces should be busy combing the forest for killer herdsmen and The so-called bandits killing innocent people....Shame to Nigerian Army
Shame to Nigerian Air force
Shame to Nigerian Government..

1 Like

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by BLoomfrancs(m): 5:22pm On Feb 18, 2021
Biafrans should go after all the military bases in Nigeria. The signs are glaring for all to see that these people really mean business.

1 Like

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by haffaze777(m): 5:23pm On Feb 18, 2021
When will they search for herdsmen killing people?
Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by pasol4real(m): 5:26pm On Feb 18, 2021
So they have resolved to killing innocent ppl from my town n village.
Nnamdi Kanu I think it’s time to activate the next plan.
Start releasing those rockets n begin bombardments of North.
Let’s match terror with terror.....
Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by Kelvin3476: 5:27pm On Feb 18, 2021
Papa GOD NA ONLY U KNW WHY U CARRY ME COME NAIJA. I NO KNW WAITN I DO FOR HEAVEN WEY MAKE U LAND ME FOR NIGERIA. MAY GOD PROTECT MY BROTHERS, SISTERS AND FRIENDS IN ORLU. I SAW THOSE COWARD ARMIES RUSHING DOWN TO ORLU AS IF THEY ARE GOING FOR WORLD WAR 3
Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by AFONJACOW(m): 5:29pm On Feb 18, 2021
While Fulani herdsmen and their big bro Boko Haram are having Field day unchallenged... We have charlatans as Igbo leaders

1 Like

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by dumiel: 5:32pm On Feb 18, 2021
myright:

http://saharareporters.com/2021/02/18/tension-nigerian-military-conducts-air-strikes-orlu-search-esn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXGAgSvhgaA

You the OP are the propagandist and the one being mischievous here, creating tension through your fake news. Your types will come in to feast on this.
Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by Omoslim26: 5:36pm On Feb 18, 2021
Advocate500:
Eastern governor's are the worst set of leaders any region can wish her self.

Ok bcus they chose not to support Ipob and their scam leaders abi

oga our leaders are not leaving upto expectations just like Ss Sw Mb Ne Nw

but still on still we will not follow a scammer and his militant group

I see Biafra drawing closer than ever

I hope when dat happens kanu will drop dis scam package called Ipob and join in the movement

for we are stronger together
Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by Mitsurugi(m): 5:38pm On Feb 18, 2021
NgeneUkwenu:
Bomb the illegal outfit to hell!

Now I know you're mentally disturbed. I dare you to show this post to your colleagues if you're not the cowardly child of a coward. Ode!

1 Like

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 5:41pm On Feb 18, 2021
ESN: Army deploys soldiers, helicopters in Orlu

There was panic in Orlu and Orsu Local Government Areas of Imo State on Thursday as the Nigerian military began operations in search of the camps occupied by the personnel of Eastern Security Network linked with Indigenous People of Biafra .

The army spokesperson of the 34 artillery Brigade , Obinze , Owerri , Imo state , Babatunde Zubairu, who confirmed the operation , said the locals were not being harassed .
He confirmed the deployment of helicopters and other military gadgets in the operations .

The army spokesperson said that the operation was an offshoot of military intelligence .
Our correspondent gathered that the operation had caused serious panic in the areas .
An indigene of Uda Orsuihiteukwa in the Orlu Local Government Area told our correspondent that though no indigene was shot by the military , the operation was causing serious panic in the area .

He said , “Situation now calm in Udah , Orsuihiteukwa . Military helicopters have left my area a while ago after the surveillance mission . All security vans have left the Udah community for their respective bases.
“ Civilians were not in any way harassed in the exercise . No casualties . The invasion may have been warranted by intelligence reports .

“The leaders and office bearers from Orlu zone should address this security instability in our zone now . This is not healthy for the progress and advancement of the biggest senatorial zone in Nigeria .”
Our correspondent learnt that there is heavy presence soldiers in Orlu , where the military and ESN officials clashed on January 25 .

Source: PUNCH
Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 5:41pm On Feb 18, 2021
fake news
Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 18, 2021
Buhari should be cautious,this is not the right step

1 Like

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by MrMaestro: 5:44pm On Feb 18, 2021
CSTRR:
In all these, I blame the Eastern governors.

They refused to create a legitimate security force and allowed the brute Nigerian army to make a mincemeat of their people.

Even now, they are still not creating alternatives.
Terrible, terrible governance.

The worst I have seen in this country.
This. This is precisely the ONLY criticism Yorubas had of ESN. It was an illegal setup, and was doomed to fail. Which nigerian entity do they answer to? Did Igbos vote for the people in charge of this security network in their region? All of these are questions we asked because we knew an unaccountable military force is no difference than a vigilante group.
Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by sslcrypt: 5:49pm On Feb 18, 2021
if this true then it's a big shame on the armed forces.

Here is a very very true fact airstrikes are very ineffective if intelligence coordination leading to it is bad

Airstrikes with the coordination of intelligence assets on the ground are efficient meaning there would have to be a deep infiltration of the ESN network by DSS assets or Nigerian army assets.

If this campaign results in casualties of civilians then we would expect to see a full-blown insurgency where surface-to-air missiles would be used. That's because the east has the capacity to arm themselves

2 Likes

Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by olowo1930: 5:49pm On Feb 18, 2021
When a country is down everyone lives in fear
Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by Pacyrus(m): 5:50pm On Feb 18, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see the army being overrun by angry southern Nigerians, I see southern Nigeria breaking off as an independent country. This I have seen.
this moniker of yours tho, dey make me laugh � grin
Re: Military Conducts Air Strikes In Orlu In Search Of ESN by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 6:01pm On Feb 18, 2021
moneyissweet:
I am in orlu right now. As a matter of fact I came in here last weekend and everywhere is peaceful.

I hate APC,but you people should stop rubbishing buhari's Gunment.
Happening in Eziachi in Nkwerre LGA. Nkwerre is next to Orlu

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Near Crash Experience: Aisha Buhari Commends Flight Crew, Thanks Nigerians / The Moment Remi Tinubu Resumed Work At Aso Rock / Major Datong Abducted By Bandits At NDA Killed - PM News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.