Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,842 members, 7,851,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:17 AM

#BeLikeNgoziChallenge: Nigerians Recreate Okonjo-Iweala's Outfits (Photos) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #BeLikeNgoziChallenge: Nigerians Recreate Okonjo-Iweala's Outfits (Photos) (77265 Views)

El-Rufai's Convoy: Nigerians Recreate "A Door Opener For The Main Door Opener" / Catriona Laing Joins the BeLikeNgoziChallenge / President Buhari's 3 Beautiful Daughters Rock Matching Outfits (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #BeLikeNgoziChallenge: Nigerians Recreate Okonjo-Iweala's Outfits (Photos) by debbydams(f): 7:16pm On Feb 18, 2021
southniyikaye:
I beg you in the name of lord stop quoting me pls
pls how many times have I quoted u? U talking asif I quote u on daily basis..
Re: #BeLikeNgoziChallenge: Nigerians Recreate Okonjo-Iweala's Outfits (Photos) by Gerrard59(m): 8:42pm On Feb 18, 2021
WoundedLamb:
Funny and lovely.

They? Who have you emulated yourself? Or your genitals are to heavy for you to emulate her yourself? Dude, this is decent fun and there is nothing wrong with it. The WTO boss dresses not just decently but also in a consistent manner and these women, in a bid to show their admiration for her, decided to have fun by showcasing her styles, and you're here ranting as if you're better than anyone. The fact that this set of ladies acknowledge and appreciate NOI's success is enough to tell they're inspired by her and there's absolutely nothing wrong in demonstrating that in any way they want.

The way you guys rush to criticize and rubbish everything the ladies do only make you sound brainless, insecure and toxic. You called them unprintable names for the silhouette challenge cause it was "indecent" (even though both genders did that) and you've already started again for this one. You don't know these people personally and having harmless fun online doesn't imply they aren't trying their best in their respective endeavours. I'm sure if this was football related, it would have been awesome. How can anyone grow if you don't give them a breathing space?

Again, I had to login to comment. One thing you should understand about such characters is that: they're miscreants, unemployed, poor, frustrated, malnourished and deprived of life's basic necessities. It's why they make stoopid posts regarding women. They criticised #silhouettechallenge, again, they mock this #BeLikeNgoziChallenge. These folks are never-do-wells if not, they should be consistent in their campaign against "indecent" dressing.

Know this and have peace.

2 Likes

Re: #BeLikeNgoziChallenge: Nigerians Recreate Okonjo-Iweala's Outfits (Photos) by Gerrard59(m): 9:12pm On Feb 18, 2021
Goldeno:
How about Nigerian girls try to be like her in her achievements instead of looking for boyfriends
to dump their life problems on.

but it is her outfit they are admiring, are we even redeemable?

Maybe they'd do so when the men try to be like Ngozi's husband. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #BeLikeNgoziChallenge: Nigerians Recreate Okonjo-Iweala's Outfits (Photos) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 9:25pm On Feb 18, 2021
robosky02:
#BeLikeNgoziChallenge: Nigerians recreate Okonjo-Iweala's outfits on social media

There's a trending fashion challenge in honour of Iweala's WTO appointment. Seen it yet?

Nigerians celebrate Okonjo Iweala with the #BeLikeNgoziChallenge

The world, Nigerians in particular, is celebrating Ngozi Okonjo Iweala's remarkable appointment as the new Director General [DG] of the World Trade Organisation [WTO].

Iweala, a former Finance minister in Nigeria, was on Monday, February 15, 2021 confirmed as the first ever woman and African to be the Director General of the WTO.

Nigerians are taking the celebration up a notch, and with an Internet fashion challenge created in honour of the Nigerian economist.

The idea of the #BeLikeNgoziChallenge is simple. Just replicate the veteran’s trademark outfit - an African print blouse, and a headgear styled in her trademark fashion. You get cool points if you add eye glasses.

These are the best entries so far:

https://www.pulse.ng/lifestyle/fashion/okonjo-iwealas-wto-appointment-celebrated-with-fashion-challenge-or/sqhzk6b
no be by dressing..... shey den get brain? Shey den no de depend on punany and man? Shey dem get balls to walk her walk? Dressing like her will get you nowhere....
Re: #BeLikeNgoziChallenge: Nigerians Recreate Okonjo-Iweala's Outfits (Photos) by gentlegenius(m): 9:32pm On Feb 18, 2021
TallPck1:
This is one of the best woman to emerge from Nigeria to the world. despite the current challenges in the country, she is a reason to be proud of Nigeria.
It seems we can't appreciate what we have.
Why can't we make her our next president?
If Nigeria was to be a sane country...

1 Like

Re: #BeLikeNgoziChallenge: Nigerians Recreate Okonjo-Iweala's Outfits (Photos) by Octobertwentysix(f): 9:33pm On Feb 18, 2021
southniyikaye:
you are also not making sense Mrs achiever... If you are sensible like you are insinuating, you won't quote me but because you fall in the category of Senseless urgent 2k and those words hit you so hard, you had to quote me cos I can feel the pain you are feeling in your words. Be sensible pls

Eyaa sorry you hear. Now run along.
Re: #BeLikeNgoziChallenge: Nigerians Recreate Okonjo-Iweala's Outfits (Photos) by thebedazzlehub: 10:07pm On Feb 18, 2021
This is one challenge that makes sense. She totally deserves to be celebrated. I hope we get to see more Nigerians take up key positions like this
Re: #BeLikeNgoziChallenge: Nigerians Recreate Okonjo-Iweala's Outfits (Photos) by Abudu2000(m): 10:07pm On Feb 18, 2021
Ibo ppl can groom her all they want, she's not becoming president!
Re: #BeLikeNgoziChallenge: Nigerians Recreate Okonjo-Iweala's Outfits (Photos) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 18, 2021
RRodwave:
When will they start #Be like Elon musk
Na that one I go compete for cool

1 Like

Re: #BeLikeNgoziChallenge: Nigerians Recreate Okonjo-Iweala's Outfits (Photos) by ofiko123(m): 10:19pm On Feb 18, 2021
Boomboost:
She's better 100x than Bubu

Abi nau...
Re: #BeLikeNgoziChallenge: Nigerians Recreate Okonjo-Iweala's Outfits (Photos) by KenModi(m): 10:56pm On Feb 18, 2021
Tripitaka:
Everyone is singing her praises now, until she contests for a political post. Then, you'll see these same people vote for a 90yr old illiterate.

My thought exactly!

Recommend this same woman for president or vice and these same people turn around and condemn her; preferring to vote in an uneducated, nepotistic and corrupt ancestor who has a large following in one of the major political parties.

Stockholm syndrome has eaten deep into the fabric of this country; the more you make Nigerians suffer the more they fall in love with you and vote for you over and over again.

1 Like

Re: #BeLikeNgoziChallenge: Nigerians Recreate Okonjo-Iweala's Outfits (Photos) by Shedrach00(m): 10:59pm On Feb 18, 2021
see copycats
there's nothing they can't copy, from silhouette challenge to NOI outfits. Still they can't tie it like her
Re: #BeLikeNgoziChallenge: Nigerians Recreate Okonjo-Iweala's Outfits (Photos) by Ilekokonit: 1:13am On Feb 19, 2021
If Ngozi had spent her youth stripping naked online in a silhouette challenge she wouldn't have reached the heights she reached.

Some of today's Nigerian ladies are even so proud to call themselves oloshos prostitutes online in social media videos that fully displays their faces and these prostitutes are the ones who will birth the next generation of Nigerian youth.

The church is no better as women now go to church half naked with little left to the imagination and the so called Pastorpreneurs keep quiet in order to keep the tithes and offering flowing in.

Only God can help Nigeria with the way our women display promiscuity online on a daily basis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #BeLikeNgoziChallenge: Nigerians Recreate Okonjo-Iweala's Outfits (Photos) by Cantonese: 2:23am On Feb 19, 2021
southniyikaye:
instead of them to emulate her progress, charisma and intelligence, they are busy emulating her dress sense. No wonder most of them are Senseless and have nothing in their head except urgent things like 2k

Truly, girls are bitter souls and this comment reeks of it..
The words truly enter them for where he dey pain hence the abusive words...
If truly we have enough sensible female youths, the likes of Bobrisky should not have followers.. They only created this challenge for the fun of it not to really emulate her

Na owu dey worry you!
Re: #BeLikeNgoziChallenge: Nigerians Recreate Okonjo-Iweala's Outfits (Photos) by lordatkinson07(m): 4:15am On Feb 19, 2021
An imperialist agent.

Nigerians suffering and smilling

1 Like

Re: #BeLikeNgoziChallenge: Nigerians Recreate Okonjo-Iweala's Outfits (Photos) by Pharaoh4rin(m): 7:26am On Feb 19, 2021
These my southern fellows mehn, first, it was Emeka Anyaoku the first Nigerian secretary general of U.N from the south then Okonjo Iweala from the same south. God Blessed the South.

Modified;
Pls 4give my nepotism, I've been mentored recently by my dear grin president
Re: #BeLikeNgoziChallenge: Nigerians Recreate Okonjo-Iweala's Outfits (Photos) by EagleNest(m): 8:30am On Feb 19, 2021
Boomboost:
She's better 100x than Bubu
Only 100x, that's small. 1000x and more.
Re: #BeLikeNgoziChallenge: Nigerians Recreate Okonjo-Iweala's Outfits (Photos) by bigjackass: 9:29am On Feb 19, 2021
southniyikaye:
instead of them to emulate her progress, charisma and intelligence, they are busy emulating her dress sense. No wonder most of them are Senseless and have nothing in their head except urgent things like 2k

Truly, girls are bitter souls and this comment reeks of it..
The words truly enter them for where he dey pain hence the abusive words...
If truly we have enough sensible female youths, the likes of Bobrisky should not have followers.. They only created this challenge for the fun of it not to really emulate her
shut the fûck up you fat piece of shit.
Re: #BeLikeNgoziChallenge: Nigerians Recreate Okonjo-Iweala's Outfits (Photos) by robosky02(m): 2:35pm On Feb 19, 2021
EagleNest:

Only 100x, that's small. 1000x and more.

My mouth is close... I no dey ohhh

Re: #BeLikeNgoziChallenge: Nigerians Recreate Okonjo-Iweala's Outfits (Photos) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Feb 19, 2021
RRodwave:
When will they start #Be like Elon musk
Na that one I go compete for cool
I remain Hell.
Re: #BeLikeNgoziChallenge: Nigerians Recreate Okonjo-Iweala's Outfits (Photos) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 19, 2021
Gerrard59:

Again, I had to login to comment. One thing you should understand about such characters is that: they're miscreants, unemployed, poor, frustrated, malnourished and deprived of life's basic necessities. It's why they make stoopid posts regarding women. They criticised #silhouettechallenge, again, they mock this #BeLikeNgoziChallenge. These folks are never-do-wells if not, they should be consistent in their campaign against "indecent" dressing.

Know this and have peace.
No kind of dressing should be a crime.
Re: #BeLikeNgoziChallenge: Nigerians Recreate Okonjo-Iweala's Outfits (Photos) by gwama: 6:25pm On Feb 19, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

Orange seller no be human being?

Abeg, let mama wear her thing. That is her style.
Rather, it's you who things that an orange seller is not human. Except that, the orange seller arranges her headgear in this way to be able to keep her tray of oranges in place on her head when she walks. You Nigerians criticized this lady badly when she was your minister of economy, it was during this period that I knew this woman thanks to your cartoons who made fun of her headgear. cool cool
Re: #BeLikeNgoziChallenge: Nigerians Recreate Okonjo-Iweala's Outfits (Photos) by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:31am On Feb 20, 2021
gwama:
Rather, it's you who things that an orange seller is not human. Except that, the orange seller arranges her headgear in this way to be able to keep her tray of oranges in place on her head when she walks. You Nigerians criticized this lady badly when she was your minister of economy, it was during this period that I knew this woman thanks to your cartoons who made fun of her headgear. cool cool

I can't even make any sense of what you have written.

1 Like

Re: #BeLikeNgoziChallenge: Nigerians Recreate Okonjo-Iweala's Outfits (Photos) by EMMY76: 11:26am On Feb 20, 2021
That her signature head gear will be difficult to replicate it's very unique.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chioma Akpotha Calls Out Lady Who Attacked Her At Her Polling Unit (Pic) / Michael Iloduba: EFCC Celebrates Corporate Bottle Water Seller In Suit / Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan Now Fat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.