Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,462 members, 7,846,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:49 AM

Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting (65434 Views)

Is He Being Selfish Or Self-centered? / "Marry Me Or I Die"— Lady Faints "Repeatedly" On A Busy Road In Lagos (Photos) / Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by joegigs(m): 12:48am On Feb 20, 2021
Have been in that kind of situation....while trying to forget about a girl I really loved cos she was older than me,my first lover.
I tried distracting myself with a girl in the street where my workplace is located.
Firstly,she requested my fb username and we started chatting. And this girl poured out all her dirty secrets of her previous life style and runs to me.
Meeeeen!!! I was like "woow" this made me to respect her even more and liked her. Due to my policy of giving what I can afford to lose and not doing pass myself,I help the way I can without asking anything in return cos i wouldnt want her back to that old ways and she pressured me for sex and I declined due to my own reasons.
After much pressure abt sex with no avail, I noticed she has changed to her old ways..She wouldn't try calling to know ur welfare and every time my phone rings with her calling what comes to mind is what "what does she want this time". After the usual how far the next thing is she asking for favour.
My guy,nobody adviced me to run ooo.Someppl won't just change they mentality.
Your girl dey carry paste dey walk upandan I fear wetin no go dey that her bag,FEAR THEM!!!
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by AuroraB(f): 12:56am On Feb 20, 2021
Angelacruz:
She is naturally stingy
100%
There's no other way around it. This kind person is stingy to her very self, gaaaaan. I guess the op was looking for a 'modest' one and got more than enough lipsrsealed
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Innobee99(m): 1:00am On Feb 20, 2021
Yippeedaniel:

I be man ooo
Na man-woman u be sir. U are in between been a man and been a woman sir
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by HacheNoire: 1:02am On Feb 20, 2021
Do I really need to take it into consideration or overlook?
I observe my girl friend is very stingy and selfish. I really don't need anything from her, I foot our bills from A - Z, I give her between 1500 to 5k as tfare, meanwhile the actual tfare from my place to hers is just 200 to and fro.

Ok the problem is some weeks ago she was at my place for some days, the 2nd day in the morning I realized my toothpaste has finished, having it in mind that I'm gonna buy another one on my way back later in the day, unfortunately I forgot to buy it despite buying stuff at the supermarket. But God so good as I was blaming myself for forgetting to buy it, she told me she has toothpaste in her bag so we used her toothpaste that morning. I kept forgetting to buy this toothpaste for the next 3 days, I had to cut the tube with knife so I can have something to brush my teeth but my girlfriend was quietly using her toothpaste alone and she will return it into her bag, she saw me tearing the tube but didnt occur to her to surrender her toothpaste until i bought mine the 5th day.

I really didn't count it initially but I have noticed other things and it's taking my mind back to the incidence. My girlfriend has never used her money to buy me a sachet of pure water or cheapest orange or whatever.

Another funny thing is when we are eating, sometimes she accused me of eating from her meat or taking from her drinks when i didn't even touch it. Imagine always trying to lay claim to 3 pieces out of 4.

Do I need to pay attention to some of the little details or overlook all because of love or am I overreacting?

NB : she's presently unemployed but never lack support from her parents and myself.

Use her for money rituals.
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by dederocs(m): 1:10am On Feb 20, 2021
That one na paki, jakpa.
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Keneeby(m): 1:12am On Feb 20, 2021
Nazgul:
You're seeing the glaring red flags and you're still asking this question, na wa for you o.

Many average and hungry girls have this silly orientation that it's a man's responsibility to cater for them, and that notion has made them so stupid and lazy that to them contributing or assisting their guy who has always been there for them is like taking care of a boy and such is seen as a taboo in their dictionary and should not be heard of.

My advise is for you to let her go for your own good so as to avoid stories that touch the heart in future.

She doesn't love you. Love is sacrificial, anyone you're with that clames to love you and can't inconvenience him/herself just to make you feel comfortable is just in that relationship for personal/selfish gains.

God bless you
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Nobody: 1:14am On Feb 20, 2021
Immediately I read where you said you gave her 1500 to 5000 for a Tfare of 200, I got tired of you!...
This one can even starve his siblings ooo to please a woe-onto-man
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Keneeby(m): 1:15am On Feb 20, 2021
AbujaCitiBlog:

You are the one enabling this behaviour. Some years back, I was dating a lady with similar mentality, until I got fed up. I stopped giving her T fare. When she asked me, I camly told her that giving her T fare everyday makes me feel that I am dating an Olosho who needs settlement money every time she visits! She was devastated, she said she is not an Olosho, I told that that's why I stopped the Tfare so that the feeling that she's an Olosho will go away. She pretended to be angry and stormed out. A week later she called that she was coming to the house, I said Ok. She came. That day she started the topic again. She said I disrespected her by what I said, I stood my ground and explained it to her with a straight face. I said being my girlfriend means that she is a friend who happens to be a girl. I asked her, If I give you transport everyday, what is the difference between you and a prostitute who collects money with every visit? I told her that some prostitutes when shown some love will even stop collecting money but here she claims she is my girlfriend but I have to give her money as if she is a Prostitute with every visit. From that day, everyday Tfare stopped. Once in a while I support her but it stopped being a daily occurrence. I also told her point blank that she is very stingy she tried to defend herself, I told her that her stingyness makes me wonder if I am in any kind of trouble and couldn't access cash that she can't help me. My dear set standards. Don't throw her away yet, she may just be ignorant about things like this. Maybe, all the men in her life so far have not been man enough to confront her and make her understand. Be the one to interrupt the trend. Be a man.

Moral of the story is that what you allow in your relationship as a man is what you get.

Stop giving her the Tfare everyday. Put your foot down. She is not the only girl in the world. Set standards for yourself.

God bless you
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Angelacruz: 1:40am On Feb 20, 2021
True
AuroraB:
100%
There's no other way around it. This kind person is stingy to her very self, gaaaaan. I guess the op was looking for a 'modest' one and got more than enough lipsrsealed
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by fortune1968: 1:40am On Feb 20, 2021
Sorrows will make your days dreary if you marry a lady like this . I can confidently assure you . No matter the level of love you claim to have for each other , I will advise you to let her go .I'm talking from experience . Apart from being stingy , she will never appreciate your efforts in keeping the home financially and never will she contribute anything in that regard no matter your condition . later , disregard and disrespects w
may set in which will finally crumble the union . Please, back out of such a lady NOW .
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by bazzyblings: 2:00am On Feb 20, 2021
I observe my girl friend is very stingy and selfish. I really don't need anything from her, I foot our bills from A - Z, I give her between 1500 to 5k as tfare, meanwhile the actual tfare from my place to hers is just 200 to and fro.

Ok the problem is some weeks ago she was at my place for some days, the 2nd day in the morning I realized my toothpaste has finished, having it in mind that I'm gonna buy another one on my way back later in the day, unfortunately I forgot to buy it despite buying stuff at the supermarket. But God so good as I was blaming myself for forgetting to buy it, she told me she has toothpaste in her bag so we used her toothpaste that morning. I kept forgetting to buy this toothpaste for the next 3 days, I had to cut the tube with knife so I can have something to brush my teeth but my girlfriend was quietly using her toothpaste alone and she will return it into her bag, she saw me tearing the tube but didnt occur to her to surrender her toothpaste until i bought mine the 5th day.

I really didn't count it initially but I have noticed other things and it's taking my mind back to the incidence. My girlfriend has never used her money to buy me a sachet of pure water or cheapest orange or whatever.

Another funny thing is when we are eating, sometimes she accused me of eating from her meat or taking from her drinks when i didn't even touch it. Imagine always trying to lay claim to 3 pieces out of 4.

Do I need to pay attention to some of the little details or overlook all because of love or am I overreacting?

NB : she's presently unemployed but never lack support from her parents and myself.

Guy leave her o. Don’t say I didn’t warn you . Love is not selfish . You do all you do for her because u love her .. if she doesn’t then she doesn’t love you ... love is all about sacrifice . Even Jesus sacrificed himself . So make hay while the sun shine . I had a gf like that before .

1 Like

Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Passionate1(m): 2:11am On Feb 20, 2021
Hmmmm! Run like you are being chased by a tribe of cannibals. .
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Biggers82(m): 2:12am On Feb 20, 2021
That girl most be from IMO State they are the only people who sees this your complaints as notting. And deep down in them they see it as it is your responsibility to provide every pin in that house I once have an Owerri girl who behaves like this,

My new girl don't do this at all she is always ready to contribute all the time.

But I hope you are not planning to get married to this girl because you will be in big trouble God is giving you a sign just do away with that girl or you die before your time if you marry her
Am talking form experience Sha

1 Like

Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by LikeAking: 2:18am On Feb 20, 2021
Dump Her.
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by wolebest: 2:39am On Feb 20, 2021
Oga decommission the girl. Stingy is stingy, period!!!
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by toyinjanet: 2:44am On Feb 20, 2021
if you think you can't manage her with this better stop your relationship with her because a broken courship is better than broken marriage
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by WINDSOW(m): 3:14am On Feb 20, 2021
Everyone has at least one shortcoming. I guess that's one of hers.
1. Sit her down and discuss about your displeasure with her.
2. Start testing her by limiting your generosity.
3. If there is genuine repentance, marry her else remember what Mophasa told Simba in the Lion King movie, " Run & Never Look Back".

1 Like

Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by igbowoman: 3:25am On Feb 20, 2021
You should have asked her to give you her toothpaste to use and if she refused I would have seen your point.
Don't assume that people know what's on your mind
Learn to verbally communicate.
This is a small issue as far as I am concerned
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by oluikotun: 3:29am On Feb 20, 2021
Bro, you are wrong in so many ways. You have seen the red flag already and you still holding on to love. Firstly, how much will you give as pocket money when you eventually marry her if you have started giving her 5k as transport money? You already spoiled her so you must keep up with that.
Secondly, how much is toothpaste that she can't share if she truly loves you? Think about if you ever get broke in your marriage to her, would she share her money with you?
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Brunosamel(m): 3:30am On Feb 20, 2021

NB: she's presently unemployed but never lacks support from her parents and myself.

you are dating a real-time parasite, it very acidic and time bombing....free yourself from a stingy girlfriend and find yourself a potential mate that will compliment you brotherly.
If She doesn't spend on me, I am not spending a dime on her period...

1 Like

Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Originalsly: 3:46am On Feb 20, 2021
Nothing wrong with the girl..... something is wrong with you. The girl came to relax and rest..... five days at your house.... eating well to be fit for the next five days she would spend at her next bf house. She needs her toothpaste... all of it..... your house... how can you run out of toothpaste? Check her well.... she also has toilet tissue. That girl be veteran camper.... you not in her league.
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Stillrealhomee: 3:59am On Feb 20, 2021
THIS IS AN UPDATE

She's not from a poor background, not so rich either but not lacking.

We're both of marriageable age and I am considering marrying her but I haven't spilled the question yet. She's actually waiting for that.

The reason I am giving her the tfare is just to support her in my own little way, doesn't mean I'm paying her for sex.

I think my mistake is not discussing my observations with her but i sarcastically yab her about the meat.

When it comes to calling a spade a spade, I don't lack in that aspect, I am just keeping quiet so I can really know her true nature. I really don't dig a relationship where I have to change my partner to my taste, if she doesn't fit she doesn't fit, if I can't cope with her imperfections then it's just wise to move on and stop complaining.

Having a toothpaste in her bag? Hmmm...

Thank you all for your suggestions.

1 Like

Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by henry78okez(m): 4:02am On Feb 20, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
This is what happens when you try to buy a woman's Love.

The mistake you Men make is you don't set Boundaries, You don't even have the Confidence to Express yourself in such a manner that when she Misbehaves, deep down inside her she'll know that you'll never tolerate/accept such behavior.

If You think she'll Change when she gets a job,( I pity you ),

If you also think she'll change when you guys get married ( Then I Pity you More ).
well said. honestly, u just nailed it. it is never a sign of good relationship.
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by PastorFire: 4:04am On Feb 20, 2021
Pmedia7787:
If your girl is never a solution to a situation in your live..then forget her

If the person you are planning to marry isn't helpful in anyway and you found yourself always trying to make both of you better in all wise...you are suffering...

If you find yourself complaining about real genuine stuff such as mistake from the person consistently... Just forget it and move on
Sensible words. Which unfortunately is the reality of many relationships like mine.. I'm going to dumb her with a text this morning.
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by henry78okez(m): 4:05am On Feb 20, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
But Oga why are you Weeping and gnashing your teeth because of Toothpaste grin grin
did you actually read the thread or you only read about the tooth paste issue?
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by PastorFire: 4:06am On Feb 20, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
But Oga why are you Weeping and gnashing your teeth because of Toothpaste grin grin
Which one have your father bought and given to you for use?.
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by PastorFire: 4:08am On Feb 20, 2021
simple250:
That babe go wait for u if salt finish for house when she dey cook o cheesy when u come cooking continues .
A useless wife called my friend from home saying.. She needs #200 for kerosene. Somborry that was already at work. This woman couldn't figure out #200 until he came back.

1 Like

Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Vijoteck: 4:13am On Feb 20, 2021
Okay
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Vijoteck: 4:16am On Feb 20, 2021
Oga Japa, that's warning signals bro
My advice
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by PastorFire: 4:16am On Feb 20, 2021
Bigredmachine:

leave OP alone... he has no problem. upon the many problem wey dey this life, na this one dey bother am... SMH undecided undecided
Must his problems be bigger than yours?.
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by PastorFire: 4:19am On Feb 20, 2021
boxypane:

Hey hey hey, my own problem with the write up is how will be saying common orange or common pure water?
Come mind yaself o
In this economy fa
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Shoots Her Shot At A Fine Man With Special Offer / Guys, If She Possesses Any Of These Traits, Pls Take Her To Your Moma Asap. / Trending Video Of Ghanaian Couple Kissing Passionately At Their Wedding Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.