Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,643 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others (1190 Views)

Boko Haram Attacks Kwari Yobe, Kills Pastor Luka Levong, 13 Others; Burns Church / Bawa’s Suspension: Hurricane Tinubu Strikes Again – Adeyanju / Bandits Are Harvesting Our Crops, Katsina Monarch Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others by UmuEri(m): 11:41am On Feb 21, 2021
Bandits strike again, abduct Katsina monarch, 13 others

ON FEBRUARY 21, 2021 7:38 AMIN NEWS

Amid anxiety over the fate of abducted students of Government College, Kagara, Niger State, bandits struck again in neigbourbing Katsina State, abducting a monarch and 13 others in two separate attacks.

The gunmen were said to have kidnapped the 91-year-old traditional ruler of Kunduru community on Friday night.

Sunday Vanguard learned that the victim who is the Galadiman Kunduru is the father of the Secretary to Katsina State Government, Alhaji Kasimu Ibrahim.

The monarch was whisked away by the gunmen who stormed the town on motorcycles

One of his children who pleaded for anonymity, confirmed the incident to Sunday Vanguard yesterday, adding that the incident had already been reported to the Police.

The nonagenarian was said to be having health challenges.

Sources also said the abductors had not made any contact with the family.

As of press time, the Permanent Secretary could not be reached as phone calls to his mobile phone were not replied to.

When contacted, spokesman for the Katsina State Police Command, Superintendent of Police, Gambo Isah, said he was not aware of the incident.

“ I am not aware of that incident,” he told Sunday Vanguard.

In a related development, gunmen kidnapped 13 travellers in Faskari Local Government Area of the state.

Isah also confirmed the incident, saying the bandits struck at 10: am on February 17, 2021.

He explained that the victims were travelling to Funtua from Mai Gora to collect loans from a bank provided through a family support programme.

The Police spokesman said three persons later escaped from the bandits.

He added that the Police were making efforts to ensure that abductees were rescued alive.

According to him, “it’s not true that seventeen women going for a wedding were abducted.

“What happened was that thirteen women from Mai Gora were travelling to Funtua for this family support loan facilities from a bank, somewhere before Dan Rimi village, these bandits came from the bush and shot at the tyres of the vehicle they were traveling in, forcing the driver to stop. Three women escaped while the remaining nine and the driver were abducted.

“We are making serious efforts to ensure that the nine women and the driver who are still in captivity are rescued alive. The incident happened at 10 a.m.”

Residents said the bandits were yet to contact any of the families of the victims as of press time.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/02/bandits-strike-again-abduct-katsina-monarch-13-others/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others by Legalcriminal: 11:42am On Feb 21, 2021
Nothing can surprise me anymore in this country. Kidnapping is the new money that boost the country GDP
Re: Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others by UmuEri(m): 11:43am On Feb 21, 2021
Legalcriminal:
K

K for K-Leg
Re: Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:44am On Feb 21, 2021
How many forest Shiek Gumi wan enter?
Re: Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others by Tobinrobin(m): 11:46am On Feb 21, 2021
No surprises there. When you negotiate with terrorists and compel media to use ‘bandits’ to describe them, what do you expect? When I saw the kind of ammunition these bastards use, they’ve pump actions, M22 Machine guns, kalashnikovs, I was shocked. Yet the government keep funding their cause by paying ransoms. The problem with this is that it will make kidnapping increase

4 Likes

Re: Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others by Vikinatty(f): 11:46am On Feb 21, 2021
Let the military arrest GUMI and apprehend those bandits.
when e reach SUNDAY IGBOHO, dem go they run their mouth.

6 Likes

Re: Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others by CodeTemplar: 11:52am On Feb 21, 2021
More than anything else, they are emboldened by the govt's attitude towards them.
Re: Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others by Odua1stson: 12:18pm On Feb 21, 2021
Where is sheik gumi, pls come negotiate with your kinsmen ooh. Aah nigeria is cursed
Re: Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others by Miner13: 12:22pm On Feb 21, 2021
silvernorgold should be happy for this because his share of amnesty will be increasing.

2 Likes

Re: Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others by chinjo(m): 12:22pm On Feb 21, 2021
Another 800 million ransom loading.
Re: Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 21, 2021
Don't know why this kind of news is now funny to me.

Oh i remember, the hilux given to them by government is now helping for a smooth kidnapping spree
Re: Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others by Nobody: 12:24pm On Feb 21, 2021
Nigeria go better.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 21, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Nigeria go better.
E no go ever better with people like you the Taqiya advocates

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others by SpecialAdviser(m): 12:26pm On Feb 21, 2021
When will they abduct a governor or at least a top politician?

We need to have a news that will make us sip some chilled beer this weekend.

1 Like

Re: Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others by Nobody: 12:27pm On Feb 21, 2021
Sure ransom loading from buhari himself with sendforth
Re: Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others by citygarden(m): 12:29pm On Feb 21, 2021
This is the outcome of their foolish negotiations with terrorist. Others who are not involving in this type of business will now venture into it. When they know they won’t be attacking by any security agencies but only to negotiate. As negotiations continue banditry will also increase.
This is the result when we voted for someone who can’t even guide their home as a governor of a state.
Re: Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others by Nobody: 12:34pm On Feb 21, 2021
When are they kidnapping sultan of sokoto
Re: Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others by Whoube99(f): 12:35pm On Feb 21, 2021
No cause for alarm, sheikh Gumi can solve the puzzle, it's just gonna take some crisps note in millions
Re: Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others by darkwan: 12:35pm On Feb 21, 2021
kidnappin is a lucrative job in nigeria....
why shouldnt desperate fellows join....

bullywerk....you get paid in millions of naira.... undecided undecided
nigerian politicians are very foolish....
Re: Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others by Nobody: 12:37pm On Feb 21, 2021
darkwan:
kidnappin is a lucrative job in nigeria....
why shouldnt desparate fellows join....

bullywerk....you get paid in millions of naira.... undecided undecided
nigerian politicians are very foolish....
Be specific and stop Taqiya.

Kidnapping is a lucrative Job in the North It's the only region government whose primary responsibility is security ends up paying ransom to kidnappers
Re: Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others by darkwan: 12:38pm On Feb 21, 2021
Mikecold:
j

ehen...look at that morafvcker handin over cash to those bandits....
why shouldnt their be more bandits in nigeria when they see how lucrative it is....
Re: Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 21, 2021
Since it's one person, we, the FG can only pay 5m, if your demand is above that please negotiate with the family for the surplus..

When you are ready to meet, please contact sheik gumi.
Re: Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others by darkwan: 12:40pm On Feb 21, 2021
Mikecold:
Be specific and stop Taqiya.

Kidnapping is a lucrative Job in the North It's the only region government whose primary responsibility is security ends up paying ransom to kidnappers

you are foolin yourself,its the same situation in the south too....
i know i cant be kidnappped,i have nothing to offer and am dangerous aswell....

Re: Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 21, 2021
Vikinatty:
Let the military arrest GUMI and apprehend those bandits.

when e reach SUNDAY IGBOHO, dem go they run their mouth.
Too late, if they arrest Gumi now it would take another shape.

The foolish bandits would now have an excuse for agitation with apprehension of their Terrorist sheik
darkwan:

you are foolin yourself,its the same situation in the south too....
Maybe you can quote me when 100's of children are consistently kidnapped by batches and the southern governors give ransom as a solution.

Abdul stop this Taqiya and speak truth to yourself
Re: Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others by Freestainworld(m): 12:42pm On Feb 21, 2021
Very soon, they will start kidnapping northern governor's
Re: Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others by darkwan: 12:43pm On Feb 21, 2021
Mikecold:
Maybe you can quote me when 100's of children are consistently kidnapped by batches and the southern governors give ransom as a solution.

Abdul stop this Taqiya and speak truth to yourself

you dont know my people....they are even more crazy than me....
Re: Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others by darkwan: 12:44pm On Feb 21, 2021
Freestainworld:
Very soon, they will start kidnapping northern governor's

maybe then they will understand how dangerous the ol situation is and stop playin politics with it....
Re: Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others by Nobody: 12:45pm On Feb 21, 2021
darkwan:

you dont know my people....they are even more crazy than me....
I know your people, they are Terrorist apologists.

Any attempt to take almajiris off the street is seen as war against their culture

Any attempt to fight Terrorists is war against the North

They produce constant almajiris as personnel for bandits Terrorists
Re: Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others by darkwan: 12:46pm On Feb 21, 2021
Mikecold:
k

politicians are very crazy people....no matter which tribe or race....
Re: Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others by Nobody: 12:48pm On Feb 21, 2021
darkwan:

maybe then they will understand how dangerous the ol situation is and stop playin politics with it....
If it is only your politicians that are playing politics with it, what stops the northern masses from coming out enmass to protest against this.

What stops the northern masses from going into the bushes and smoke out these Terrorists.

What stops the northern masses from fishing out the spies, and Terrorists accomplices amongst them

The north both it's politicians and masses are complicit Terrorists
Re: Bandits Strikes Again, Abducts Katsina Monarch, 13 Others by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 21, 2021
darkwan:

politicians are very crazy people....no matter which tribe or race....
Yes, but the people own the power to stop these activities that occur in their domain

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Fulfilling Lucky Dube Prophesy (house Of Exile) / I Begged Niger Republic To Let Nigeria Construct Free Railway For Them – Amaechi / IPOB Terrorists Lesponbulu For The Death Of Attahiru, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.