Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery (2503 Views)

Buhari Falls Sick Again, Secretely Flown Abroad Yesterday Midnight / Buhari Flown Abroad For Prostate Cancer Checkup - The Herald / Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by naijaking1: 6:45pm On Apr 09, 2011
Pennywise:

Thank you for your observed stu.pidity of this dishonorable minister.

Laparoscopic surgery has very little in its favour when dealing with appendicitis. To start with you are guarranteed 2 puncture wounds instead of one that can be no more than 1inch. Anesthetic risks are the same. In the hands of a skilled operator (they abound in Nigeria) you can discount practically all risks. Laparoscopic surgeries other than having fewer competent personnel carries its own baggage not worth going into here. While its use in gall bladder surgeries is eminently justifiable, it cant be said for a simple appendectomy (assuming she has ever heard of laparoscopy)

The true motive for this is estacode. If it is not I challenge her to refund whatever expenses charged to the govt

Now, I know the sort of "doctor" I'm dealing with cheesy The sort that believes "Laparoscopy has very little in its favour when dealing with appendicitis"
I wish I can bring you into a regular program and make a good surgeon out of you.

Pennywise:

Odeh. U are as dumb as they come. You have turned a mere appendectomy to colon biopsy. Obviously you are as clueless and as dumb as your principal and u expect to win this election?

You see, you've probably never scrubbed in for an appendectomy, because if you did, you would know that if you find a mass more than 2.5cm in size, you're bound to do a biopsy, or even a right hemicolectomy.

You see, it's Hausa doctors like you who went to medical school on quota that running our healthcare system to the ground. Why wouldn't a patient run away from a monster of a doctor like you embarassed
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 09, 2011
naijaking will defend it even if she traveled to us for a cold
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by naijaking1: 6:50pm On Apr 09, 2011
oyb:

should we expect anything but deceit from gej goons
who was hailing 'yardua's reign from hospital bed?'

more to the point is your grey matter so depleted that you equate kidney failure with appendicitis?

noooo

The point which you're refusing to accept is that both conditions could be potentially fatal, especially if you have doctors like pennywise operating on that poor woman.
Kidney failures could be easily treated too, when you have the right M.D

You're seriously shying away from discussing how Buhari banned the Nigerian Medical Association? Is that your ploy?
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by Pennywise(m): 6:51pm On Apr 09, 2011
naijaking1:

Now, I know the sort of "doctor" I'm dealing with cheesy The sort that believes "Laparoscopy has very little in its favour when dealing with appendicitis"
I wish I can bring you into a regular program and make a good surgeon out of you.

You see, you've probably never scrubbed in for an appendectomy, because if you did, you would know that if you find a [b]mass more than 2.5cm in size, [/b]you're bound to do a biopsy, or even a right hemicolectomy.

You see, it's Hausa doctors like you who went to medical school on quota that running our healthcare system to the ground. Why wouldn't a patient run away from a monster of a doctor like you embarassed

Completely irrelevant. Heady medical student. I give up. I hope you come back in ten years to read the few lines I wrote hopefully then it will make sense.
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by fstranger3(m): 6:52pm On Apr 09, 2011
naijaking1:

You see, you've probably never scrubbed in for an appendectomy, because if you did, you would know that if you find a mass more than 2.5cm in size, you're bound to do a biopsy, or even a right hemicolectomy.

You are trying to make it look as if Carcinoid tumor is all that difficult to diagnose. you are actually not making sense and digging yourself more holes.  BTW, biopsy depends on the location of the tumor, not just the size.

Anyway, you are incompetent!
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by fstranger3(m): 6:55pm On Apr 09, 2011
naijaking1:

The point which you're refusing to accept is that both conditions could be potentially fatal, especially if you have doctors like pennywise operating on that poor woman.
Kidney failures could be easily treated too, when you have the right M.D

You're seriously shying away from discussing how Buhari banned the Nigerian Medical Association? Is that your ploy?

That is actually a major surgery and very risky, very few places have the expertise for that. There is more to it than an ordinary peri-umbilical pain that radiates to the RLQ.

:::SMH:::
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by naijaking1: 6:57pm On Apr 09, 2011
Pennywise:

Completely irrelevant. Heady medical student. I give up. I hope you come back in ten years to read the few lines I wrote hopefully then it will make sense.

In 10 years? When you've learnt laparoscopy grin grin grin

fstranger3:

You are trying to make it look as if Carcinoid tumor is all that difficult to diagnose. you are actually not making sense and digging yourself more holes.  BTW, biopsy depends on the location of the tumor, not just the size.
Anyway, you are incompetent!

Good job doctor!
Did I hear you say "biopsy"
Please go tell your pennyfoolish pennywise that it's not inconcievable.
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 09, 2011

let me get this straight

buhari banned the nma in 1985, and because of that in 2011, over 20 years later, we can't treat appendictis in nigeria ?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

is there anything we will not hear from these addled gej fans cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by aletheia(m): 7:05pm On Apr 09, 2011
fstranger3:

You are trying to make it look as if Carcinoid tumor is all that difficult to diagnose.
^Actually difficult to diagnose in Nigeria. Lack of facilities and training.

1) If the woman traveled abroad for just an uncomplicated appendectomy; then she's downright silly. (People do die from appendicitis though)
2) We probably do not have enough facts to pass judgement on the matter. It may be she traveled for a major surgery; but because of political fallout; her media handlers are calling it a minor surgery (which in their playbook is appendectomy). Does enough remember a certain vegetative Umaru Yar'Adua who we were told was making calls and granting interviews.
3) Obviously; the culture in Nigeria is shroud the health of governors, ministers etc in secrecy and lie and misdirect.

In all this I am neither for or against the woman. . .just saying we actually need more information before we can pass judgement. The only concrete thing to draw from this episode is that our healthcare system is in a mess and neither of the three leading candidates' manifestos go any way towards addressing this. I have read them; and as far as health is concerned they are all thrash.
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by naijaking1: 7:05pm On Apr 09, 2011
fstranger3:

That is actually a major surgery and very risky, very few places have the expertise for that. There is more to it than an ordinary peri-umbilical pain that radiates to the RLQ.

:::SMH:::

You were doing so well, but now? No, no, no sad
All kidney failures are not subject to surgical intervention.
Most are managed medically, some are even conservatively managed, but a few are surgically managed----biopsy, nephrectomy, nephroraphy, or transplant, just a few. Patients coild walk around with chronic kidney failure for years if well managed, or on dialysis. So, that makes it less fatal.
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by ektbear: 7:07pm On Apr 09, 2011
Medical threads are sexy tongue
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by fstranger3(m): 7:09pm On Apr 09, 2011
naijaking1:

You were doing so well, but now? No, no, no sad
All kidney failures are not subject to surgical intervention.
Most are managed medically, some are even conservatively managed, but a few are surgically managed----biopsy, nephrectomy, nephroraphy, or transplant, just a few. Patients coild walk around with chronic kidney failure for years if well managed, or on dialysis. So, that makes it less fatal.

I never doubted that. I thought we were under the assumption that Yar'adua needed a transplant. This was kidney failure WRT to Yar'adua's case. If you want to talk about who to manage a stage V ESRD, please be my guest! Open a new thread!
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by naijaking1: 7:10pm On Apr 09, 2011
oyb:

let me get this straight

buhari banned the nma in 1985, and because of that in 2011, over 20 years later, we can't treat appendictis in nigeria ?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

is there anything we will not hear from these addled gej fans cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yes, that when 85% of the consultants left Nigeria for US, UK, Saudi, etc. They left for greener pastures and to make room for Hausa doctors here like pennywise cool
Do you know how long it takes to train one conultant?
You guys don't know the the extent of Buhari's damage to Nigeria.

fstranger3:

I never doubted that. I thought we were under the assumption that Yar'adua needed a transplant. This was kidney failure WRT to Yar'adua's case. If you want to talk about who to manage a stage V ESRD, please be my guest! Open a new thread!

You're under assumption when you said that "they are major surgery", but I wasn't under any assumption, because I know better. Yar'dua didn't need a transplant from the first day, he was mismanaged, and killed wih ignorance from his people.
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by fstranger3(m): 7:16pm On Apr 09, 2011
And BTW, Oyb's definition of kidney failure is different from how you will define it.
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by Pennywise(m): 7:17pm On Apr 09, 2011
Laparoscopic surgery has become a convenient excuse to explain away another clear case of fraud and theft of public funds. To a 'doctor' trying to find his feet in America it is a big deal in Nigeria. It will surprise him to find that practically all decent clinics in Lagos is laparoscopy-capable.

I dont know what jungle medical school naijaking went to in Nigeria or what exposure he had but u will be surprised that some of the best health facilities are available to those who can afford it.

My advise to you is to come back home and make your self relevant instead of staying there in the states where u are only allowed to see black patients
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by fstranger3(m): 7:20pm On Apr 09, 2011
Pennywise:

Laparoscopic surgery has become a convenient excuse to explain away another clear case of fraud and theft of public funds. To a 'doctor' trying to find his feet in America it is a big deal in Nigeria. It will surprise him to find that practically all decent clinics in Lagos is laparoscopy-capable.

I dont know what jungle medical school naijaking went to in Nigeria or what exposure he had but u will be surprised that some of the best health facilities are available to those who can afford it.

My advise to you is to come back home and make your self relevant instead of staying there in the states where u are only allowed to see black patients

That is below the belt. There is no reason for that!
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 09, 2011
Isn't it a manifestation of madness that a minister will be flown abroad for common apendicitis on taxpayer, while bombed out Corp members (dismembered) on selfless national service are lying in an overcrowded emergency unit of Gwagwalada Gen. hospital

Naijaking1 keep justify the evil whose consequence will be visited on your generation yet unborn.

BTW, Deziani is one of the moles Shell Africa ex-VP (Ann Pickard) was referring to in her correspondence with the U.S ambassador (via the leaked U.S cables/ wikileak)

So much noise for Goodluck local content hypocrisy
Shame on Nigerian Govt.
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by Pennywise(m): 7:21pm On Apr 09, 2011
fstranger3:

^^^Believe me. I have been there .I know how they treat these brothers
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by ektbear: 7:23pm On Apr 09, 2011
fstranger3:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by Pennywise(m): 7:31pm On Apr 09, 2011
^^^Dont mind the oppotunistic monkey trying to feel funky. You are a third class citizen in America and that you will remain. When Ribadu wins, we will look into your plight
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by Pennywise(m): 7:34pm On Apr 09, 2011
I am out of here. Lousy noisemaker
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by aletheia(m): 7:38pm On Apr 09, 2011
Pennywise:

It will surprise him to find that practically all decent clinics in Lagos is laparoscopy-capable.
^I am sorry but this is a misrepresentation of the facts.
1) What do you mean by laparoscopy-capable?
a) That they all have equipment for laparoscopic surgeries? (Not true)
b) That they all have doctors that have been trained to carry out these laparoscopic surgeries? (Not true)

Or do you mean by laparoscopic surgery, the "laparoscopy and dye test" carried out by some obstetricians in their private clinics in the investigation of infertility?
Please be specific, so I can know what you are actually saying?

P.S. Do not miscontrue this as a defense of that incompetent woman Allison-Madueke.
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by Kobojunkie: 7:41pm On Apr 09, 2011
na wa ooo!!

Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by naijaking1: 7:45pm On Apr 09, 2011
fstranger3:

And BTW, Oyb's definition of kidney failure is different from how you will define it.

His definition of kidney failure is from a layman's perspective. I came from a surgical perspective, and of course I'm correct. Kidney failure could be acute or chronic, and cause by 3 broad mechanisms. Many kidney failures are subclinical and easily maintained if well managed.

Jon.Bee:

Isn't it a manifestation of madness that a minister will be flown abroad for common apendicitis on taxpayer, while bombed out Corp members (dismembered) on selfless national service are lying in an overcrowded emergency unit of Gwagwalada Gen. hospital

Naijaking1 keep justify the evil whose consequence will be visited on your generation yet unborn.

BTW, Deziani is one of the moles Shell Africa ex-VP (Ann Pickard) was referring to in her correspondence with the U.S ambassador (via the leaked U.S cables/ wikileak)

Shame on Nigerian Govt.

Most corpers are in their 20s, right?
Well, appendectomy in a 20 year old maybe a "minor operation" at the hand of an experienced surgeon, but that procedure in a 40-50 year old woman is a whole different ball game---and we're not talking politics here.

I'm angry at people who have brought dirty, raw, and ethnic politics into medicine. They should know better, or let people who know educate them, or better still read it up.

Our politicians have been travelling out for medical therapy since the time of Zik, and some people want GEJ to wave a magic wand to stop all that angry
The real change would come from looking at how we've managed our own medical manpower, resources, and opportunites for growth since the past 30years, and that can't be discussed without mentioning the man who banned the NMA-Buhari.
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by fstranger3(m): 7:51pm On Apr 09, 2011
naijaking1:

His definition of kidney failure is from a layman's perspective. I came from a surgical perspective, and of course I'm correct. Kidney failure could be acute or chronic, and cause by 3 broad mechanisms. Many kidney failures are subclinical and easily maintained if well managed.

Okie dokies!
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by naijaking1: 8:01pm On Apr 09, 2011
fstranger3:

Okie dokies!

Look, love or hate Madueke, the medical fact is that appendectomy in a 20 year old and a 50 year old are vastly different. You don't have to agree with me politically to agree with me medically?
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 09, 2011
naijaking take ya time ooo

my old man na doctor
my sis na doctor
my mumsie na nurse
my best friends are all doctors

i will just make some calls and show you up as a noisemaker cheesy cheesy

Yes, that when 85% of the consultants left Nigeria for US, UK, Saudi, etc. They left for greener pastures and to make room for Hausa doctors here like pennywise Cool
Do you know how long it takes to train one conultant?
You guys don't know the the extent of Buhari's damage to Nigeria.

amazing that pro gej dunces keep on shifting ibbs failures to buhari

fyi

my old man was one of ythe doctors who left nigeria for saudi - in the mid nineties

i wonder at what it you're smoking

this is as inana as the idiotic thread where some dunce was trying to pin the wealth of ibb boys on buhari

tribalist dolt

better start whining about how hausas destroyed the bank of your beloved cecilia ibru
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by naijaking1: 8:42pm On Apr 09, 2011
^^^
If you no be lay man, make a better definition of kidney failure, ok wink
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by nduchucks: 8:58pm On Apr 09, 2011
naijaking1:

you don expose de ting wey dey pain you, ko? You just had to turn this into another Northerner bashing thread. Its not your fault sha, many of us know that you are not really defending the fact that this minister was flown abroad on tax payer funds, while many of his constituents do not have such an alternative. For posting the bolded, I humbly call you olodo rabata.

Let it be known that those of you who are attemnpting to take Naijaking on, on medical issues have lost the battle before it begins.
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 09, 2011
Jon.Bee:

Shame on Nigerian Govt.

naijaking1:
Most corpers are in their 20s, right? Well, appendectomy in a 20 year old maybe a "minor operation" at the hand of an experienced surgeon, but that procedure in a 40-50 year old woman is a whole different ball game---and we're not talking politics here.I'm angry at people who have brought dirty, raw, and ethnic politics into medicine. They should know better, or let people who know educate them, or better still read it up. Our politicians have been travelling out for medical therapy since the time of Zik, and some people want GEJ to wave a magic wand to stop all that angryThe real change would come from looking at how we've managed our own medical manpower, resources, and opportunites for growth since the past 30years, and that can't be discussed without mentioning the man who banned the NMA-Buhari.

see Question, see Answer?
Wonder shall never end
and you are supposed to be a medical student? Your patients are doomed!

The last time I checked, this section is 'Politics section and not Health, Duh!
BTW, what's medical about broadbrushing Doctors of Hausa extract as incompetent?

You are delusional, perhaps suffering from the syndrome of someone brought on PDP stolen loot
How on earth do you justify the wastage of taxpayers money on treating appendicitis abroad while blown up corpers are languishing in overcrowed Gwagwalada hospital.

---You still want me to praise Goodluck for this situation under his watch. idiota!
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by naijaking1: 10:28pm On Apr 09, 2011
^^^^
I apologize!
Sorry, oh!
Sorry for wasting valuable grey matter on an imbeci-le* like you sad
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by babadee1(m): 10:24am On Apr 10, 2011
Look, love or hate Madueke, the medical fact is that appendectomy in a 20 year old and a 50 year old are vastly different. You don't have to agree with me politically to agree with me medically?

@ naijaking1; You don't know what you're talking about my friend. How exactly is appendectomy in a 20 year old and a 50 year old vastly different?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

James Ibori - Dc John Mcdonald, Dc Clarke, Dc Greenwood And Di Walters - Corrupt / Sad!! Young Female Student Crushed To Death In Abeokuta [graphic Photo] / Bailout: Buhari Is Clueless, Lied About Empty Treasury – Economist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.