Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery (2498 Views)

Buhari Falls Sick Again, Secretely Flown Abroad Yesterday Midnight / Buhari Flown Abroad For Prostate Cancer Checkup - The Herald / Yar'Adua Flown Abroad After Going Into Coma? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by prettyG: 4:32pm On Apr 09, 2011
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by fstranger3(m): 4:45pm On Apr 09, 2011
An appendectomy abroad?

It is over for Nigeria.

:::SMH:::
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 09, 2011
was it an elective procedure, because flying abroad for an emergency of that nature seems illogical.
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by Kilode1: 4:51pm On Apr 09, 2011
fstranger3:

An appendectomy abroad?

It is over for Nigeria.

:::SMH:::

anything to collect allowance. . .
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by fstranger3(m): 4:54pm On Apr 09, 2011
Kilode?!:

anything to collect allowance. . .

This is really unfortunate and annoying.

Any trained monkey can remove an appendix. Flown abroad for a 10 mins surgery that can be done laparoscopically?

Infact, this is beyond ridiculous.
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by Rhino5dm: 4:55pm On Apr 09, 2011
This minister most belong to CPC to be sooooooo, stvpid. grin grin grin

[size=32pt]NOTHING IS WORKING IN NIGERIA[/size]
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by Kilode1: 4:57pm On Apr 09, 2011
fstranger3:

This is really unfortunate and annoying.

Any trained monkey can remove an appendix. Flown abroad for a 10 mins surgery that can be done laparoscopically?

Infact, this is beyond ridiculous.

True, the doctor at my village removed several back in the days at abule.

it is beyond ridiculous
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by Pennywise(m): 5:02pm On Apr 09, 2011
They should at least tell the tax pay payers where the surgery was done and for how much including expenses for hotel and accommodation, feeding, ticket etc for Madeziani and her staff.
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 09, 2011
It is so funny that these ministers in developing country preach the capabilities of the people and national pride etc. yet as they have the slightest medical condition, they fly to the US or Europe. its crazy
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by oderemo(m): 5:09pm On Apr 09, 2011
same coments came my mind when i first read the story.
to be frank i can do that surgery for her with my eyes shut grin grin
tho not a doki myself.
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by Kobojunkie: 5:16pm On Apr 09, 2011
This is an indictment on the current administration IMO-- that a minister chooses to fly abroad for a minor surgery such as this is a reveal of the level of trust those leading us have in the system they manage.
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by aletheia(m): 5:21pm On Apr 09, 2011
fstranger3:

. . .that can be done laparoscopically?
^Not making excuses for the silly woman, but that may be why she flew abroad. Laparoscopic appendectomy not being done in Nigeria yet (I think).
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by naijaking1: 5:35pm On Apr 09, 2011
I wasn't going to say anything here, but since N/L partisans have decided to make it a political issue, I have no choice to remind all those linining up to score a cheap political point against GEJ that our medical sysytem has been broke ever since Buhari banned NMA and the Nigerian Resident doctors association in his days.

GEJ has been president for about 1 year, and you expect him to fix all the rot in the healthcare system caused by Buhari's maladministration and subsequent exodus of our previously renowned world-class doctors for greener pastures

Bye the way, and from a surgical point of view, appendectomy in a middle aged women is not a minor procedure, because many times it's always complicated by ovarian, uterine, and even colon cancer.
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by Kobojunkie: 5:36pm On Apr 09, 2011
Once again . . . .

This is an indictment on the current administration IMO-- that a minister chooses to fly abroad for a minor surgery such as this is a reveal of the level of trust those leading us have in the system they manage.
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by omanzo02: 5:38pm On Apr 09, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Seem the little kobo u got from your principal has really made a junkie outta u grin grin grin grin, so every action taken is decided by the current administration, right?, don't u know when to take up a logical and convincing argument?, noisy opposition, lol grin grin grin grin.
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by 1025: 5:41pm On Apr 09, 2011
maybe she will come back like the former first lady. these bastards have destroyed the country and will run to abroad for headache leaving us here to die at will. it is a shame that pdp has brought down this country to her kneels. yet some imbeciles will preach us into voting pdp.
God will kill all of them that behind these wicked acts.
i am very happy that no matter where u run go, when death come, it must meet u where ever u are.
no be so stella obasanjo run go oversea before, death no catch am there? what about yar adua? when that time come, they will have no hiding place. go a thing, they will leave all the stolen funds behind for their drug addicts children to waste their lives with.
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by Pennywise(m): 5:52pm On Apr 09, 2011
naijaking1:

Bye the way, and from a surgical point of view, appendectomy in a middle aged women is not a minor procedure, because many times it's always complicated by ovarian, uterine, and even colon cancer.

Then appendicitis becomes a mere complication not the problem. We havent heard any of her media handlers say she has a malignancy remotely associated to the list you so eloquently made out
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 09, 2011
Diezani Allison-Madueke underwent an appendectomy at a foreign hospital
Article | April 9, 2011 - 3:47pm | By The Will

The Minister for Petroleum, Diezani Allison-Madueke, has undergone an emergency surgical procedure at an undisclosed hospital abroad.

Though her aides have refused to confirm this, a source close to the minister said she left Nigeria on Tuesday, April 05, 2011, to enable her doctors perform an appendectomy.

The source, who did not want his name published, said the minister is recuperating and remains in stable condition, but declined to give the location and name of the hospital, because of “security reasons”.

“She went in for an appendectomy surgical procedure,” he said. “It is nothing serious. She will be fine.”

The minister was expected to arrive the country before today’s parliamentary elections.

does anyone expect this woman to push the PIB bill, if she cannot trust nigerians fro something as simple as a 'nothing serious' appendectomy?
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by Pennywise(m): 6:15pm On Apr 09, 2011
aletheia:

^Not making excuses for the silly woman, but that may be why she flew abroad. Laparoscopic appendectomy not being done in Nigeria yet (I think).

Thank you for your observed stu.pidity of this dishonorable minister.

Laparoscopic surgery has very little in its favour when dealing with appendicitis. To start with you are guarranteed 2 puncture wounds instead of one that can be no more than 1inch. Anesthetic risks are the same. In the hands of a skilled operator (they abound in Nigeria) you can discount practically all risks. Laparoscopic surgeries other than having fewer competent personnel carries its own baggage not worth going into here. While its use in gall bladder surgeries is eminently justifiable, it cant be said for a simple appendectomy (assuming she has ever heard of laparoscopy)

The true motive for this is estacode. If it is not I challenge her to refund whatever expenses charged to the govt
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by naijaking1: 6:20pm On Apr 09, 2011
Pennywise:

Then appendicitis becomes a mere complication not the problem. We havent heard any of her media handlers say she has a malignancy remotely associated to the list you so eloquently made out

Just stick to politics, don't expose your ignorance to the world.
Her media handlers wouldn't know about malignacy until pathology comes back, usually 2-3 weeks after surgery. The signs and symptoms usually fool inexperienced surgeons, because the presentations are mostly similar.
Don't forget that my comment was in reference to the fact that she went for "minor operation" Well, there's nothing like a minor operation.

We can argue surgery in the medical section if you like, but right now, can we focus on the bad Nigerian healthcare system: causes, presentations, and remedy
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by fstranger3(m): 6:24pm On Apr 09, 2011
Pennywise:

At the very least, an Ex-lap would have been enough.

This is stupiddd through and through
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 09, 2011
yawn

we will see defense of anything from team gej

there are plenty of expensive private hospitals that could have sorted out her appendectomy

what nonsense

the next thing we will hear is that ibru was flown out of the country to treat her high bp
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by fstranger3(m): 6:25pm On Apr 09, 2011
naijaking1:

Her media handlers wouldn't know about malignacy until pathology comes back, usually 2-3 weeks after surgery. The signs and symptoms usually fool inexperienced surgeons, because the presentations are mostly similar.
Don't forget that my comment was in reference to the fact that she went for "minor operation" Well, there's nothing like a minor operation.

We can argue surgery in the medical section if you like, but right now, can we focus on the bad Nigerian healthcare system: causes, presentations, and remedy

That is a well known cliche. That said, Appendicitis is a clinical diagnosis, nothing more, nothing less. Stop making stupidd excuses for this wanton waste of public money.
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by naijaking1: 6:27pm On Apr 09, 2011
oyb:

yawn

we will see defense of anything from team gej

there are plenty of expensive private hospitals that could have sorted out her appendectomy

what nonsense

the next thing we will hear is that ibru was flown out of the country to treat her high bp

Oh yes, like the hospitals in Ojualegbe that "sorted" out Yardua's kideny disease grin
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 09, 2011
^^^^

small wonder you are a gej defender

your ignorance is appalling

in lagos alone
reddington, lagoon or st nicolas could have sorted her out easily
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by Pennywise(m): 6:33pm On Apr 09, 2011
naijaking1:

Odeh. U are as dumb as they come. You have turned a mere appendectomy to colon biopsy. Obviously you are as clueless and as dumb as your principal and u expect to win this election?
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by fstranger3(m): 6:33pm On Apr 09, 2011
oyb:

^^^^

in lagos alone

What about Kamorass, EKO and the national hospital in Abuja.  This is ridiculous, I tell ya
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by Kobojunkie: 6:34pm On Apr 09, 2011
@Oyb, St Nicholas don close down?
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by naijaking1: 6:35pm On Apr 09, 2011
oyb:

^^^^

in lagos alone

And which of these hospitals did Yar'dua go to while you guys were hailing his reign from "hospital bed" for more than 3 months
Your syncophancy and inconsistency smell to high heavens.
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by monkeyleg: 6:40pm On Apr 09, 2011
A real shame, there are capable hospitals in Nigeria to perform this procedure. I just tire for our country. I want to see how oga will respond to this, and also comments from Minister for health
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by Pennywise(m): 6:42pm On Apr 09, 2011
monkeyleg:

A real shame, there are capable hospitals in Nigeria to perform this procedure. I just tire for our country. I want to see how oga will respond to this, and also comments from Minister for health
Everybody knows that except the e-i.diot called naijaking. A complete da.ft and NL resident foool who thinks he knows sth.
Re: Minister Flown Abroad For Surgery by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 09, 2011
naijaking1:

And which of these hospitals did Yar'dua go to while you guys were hailing his reign from "hospital bed" for more than 3 months
Your syncophancy and inconsistency smell to high heavens.

should we expect anything but deceit from gej goons

who was hailing 'yardua's reign from hospital bed?'

more to the point is your grey matter so depleted that you equate kidney failure with appendicitis?

Kobojunkie:

@Oyb, St Nicholas don close down?

noooo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Femi Fani-kayode: The Nationality Question / Seun, Ngwakwe, OAM4J, Ikenna351, Afam4eva. Lagos And Enugu Threads. Be Fair... / Nigerian Army Is Fighting NATO Not Boko!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.