Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,199 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Petrol Landing Cost Jumps To ₦186, Oil Hits $64 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Landing Cost Jumps To ₦186, Oil Hits $64 (10428 Views)

Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1000 Per Liter Mark / Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis / Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Jumps To ₦186, Oil Hits $64 by joey150(m): 8:35am On Feb 23, 2021
gurunlocker:

Guess you didn't read my post..... Are you saying this administration is not paying subsidy that's why pump price is expensive?

This adminstration has been trying to stop the payment of subsidy in bits. At a point, they weren't. When crude oil price was less than $20 per barrel.

However, each time crude oil price rises, they either pay more money or increase the pump price accordingly. But the ripple effect of increased fuel price is what's holding this government back from totally pulling the plug.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Jumps To ₦186, Oil Hits $64 by gurunlocker: 8:36am On Feb 23, 2021
joey150:

This adminstration has been trying to stop the payment of subsidy in bits. At a point, they weren't. When crude oil price was less than $20 per barrel.

However, each time crude oil price rises, they either pay more money or increase the pump price accordingly. But the ripple effect of increased fuel price is what's holding this government back from totally pilling the plug.

Not paying subsidy is only on paper... They are paying just like the previous administration.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Jumps To ₦186, Oil Hits $64 by joey150(m): 8:40am On Feb 23, 2021
gurunlocker:

Not paying subsidy is only on paper... They are paying just like the previous administration.

Of course, they still pay subsidy. Maybe just not as much as we did in 2014.

If they weren't, A litre of fuel would be not less than 200 naira now. But they again, Nigerians no go gree.

This subsidy is what killed our oil and power sector.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Jumps To ₦186, Oil Hits $64 by BigBashiru: 8:40am On Feb 23, 2021
Proflere:
Useless country! You have the raw materials, but you choose to sell and purchase the final product rather than converting your raw materials to useful product. Since APC's promises in 2015 and their epileptic performances, I stopped believing in all politicians. Even "Mola" enter rep through PDP and later decamped to APC, now tell me who is to be trusted among all of them. O su mi.

all black countries appear useless. Trump said SHITHOLE.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Jumps To ₦186, Oil Hits $64 by gulfer: 8:43am On Feb 23, 2021
SCAM, so what was the landing cost when crude was $100 plus and we were still buying fuel N64. angry angry angry angry
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Jumps To ₦186, Oil Hits $64 by KaptainAfrika: 8:56am On Feb 23, 2021
Summary: Price of fuel is going to be 190 and above.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Jumps To ₦186, Oil Hits $64 by ayobaye(m): 9:22am On Feb 23, 2021
Better jare. All these stress of loading price fluctuations will be off our reading.

ableguy:
I said it, #200 per litter loading. They should just save us all these stress and peg it at #300 so they won't be bugging us with news of how much fuel is selling in the world market.
grin

1 Like

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Jumps To ₦186, Oil Hits $64 by coputa(m): 9:27am On Feb 23, 2021
Godarz:

Our refineries are not working because for years we sold fuel.and kerosene at an artificially low price in the name pf subsidy.

Thus no profit to keep refineries well maintained
Don't be deceived. The government can afford to subsidize essential products for Nigerians,from the huge kill they have been making from crude oil sales and they still have a lot of reserve.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Jumps To ₦186, Oil Hits $64 by spacechuks(m): 9:45am On Feb 23, 2021
It would have been better we dont have oil,

Then we would appreciate value for money for fuel purchased rather than paying through the nose for what is replete in our farms and rivers
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Jumps To ₦186, Oil Hits $64 by Zane2point4(m): 10:34am On Feb 23, 2021
jumper524:

the case of diversification, I don't blame the govt.
cos when the govt tried to, Nigeria couldn't bear the heat of such actions.
besides we still buy fuel at a cheaper price compared to other countries..
You're a very wicked and shameless person,which country are you talking about??
The country that have there gdp at what?
And value of currency at what?
Whats Nigeria's minimum wage? Did it increase with commensurate increase with this hardship?
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Jumps To ₦186, Oil Hits $64 by jumper524(m): 10:52am On Feb 23, 2021
Zane2point4:

You're a very wicked and shameless person,which country are you talking about??
The country that have there gdp at what?
And value of currency at what?
Whats Nigeria's minimum wage? Did it increase with commensurate increase with this hardship?
I won't deliberate much on this.
I'll assume ignorance is what made u cl me wicked and shameless.
sure your amongst those who still thinks Nigeria is a very rich country and only nigeria has corrupt leaders that's why it's not developing.
read through this post, maybe you'll understand..

https://www.nairaland.com/6322665/see-price-fuel-all-neighboring
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Jumps To ₦186, Oil Hits $64 by Zane2point4(m): 11:01am On Feb 23, 2021
jumper524:

I won't deliberate much on this.
I'll assume ignorance is what made u cl me wicked and shameless.
sure your amongst those who still thinks Nigeria is a very rich country and only nigeria has corrupt leaders that's why it's not developing.
read through this post, maybe you'll understand..

https://www.nairaland.com/6322665/see-price-fuel-all-neighboring

Baba I'm a traveler, if not for covid 19 i for deh japan or china or dubai for now.

I know whats up in those country and i know the quality if the pms they use over there,they add many additive to it and that one reason its costly.

Here what do we get? Condesent mixed .

If naija is is a poor nation as u term it what about ghana or those small nations doing and making proper use of there natural gifted resources?

When it was goodlucks regime why didnt you people say naija is a poor nation so we expect fuel to remain at 65?

Stop making excuses for incompetence...
Its just absolutely disgusting.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Jumps To ₦186, Oil Hits $64 by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 23, 2021
coputa:
Don't be deceived. The government can afford to subsidize essential products for Nigerians,from the huge kill they have been making from crude oil sales and they still have a lot of reserve.

They can't and haven't been able to do so since the 1990s.

Plus for fuel , NNPC is the one using money to subsidise the thing.

Plus subsidies chop a lot of the revenue we earn. At the end of the day we have to take loans to pay for every thing else

Plus when you subsidze you are in essence running at a loss. If government subsided the GSM sector at the endof the day there won't be home internet and poorer phone service
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Jumps To ₦186, Oil Hits $64 by emmyN(m): 11:07am On Feb 23, 2021
Clueless government. They claimed Jonathan had it better why crude oil was over $100. Now we have it at just $64 and the economy is groping, with rising price meant to see it nose diving.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Jumps To ₦186, Oil Hits $64 by Temptee101(m): 12:12pm On Feb 23, 2021
I fuccking hate this country.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Jumps To ₦186, Oil Hits $64 by PhilipReigns(m): 12:15pm On Feb 23, 2021
olaric:
Those who handed Buhari and APC another four years after the calamity they brought upon this nation in 2015 are the biggest enemies of Nigeria.

The evil they forced down our throats in 2019 will forever hunt them and the generation after them. The good thing is that, we all including his e-rats will buy petrol at the same price.
So which better alternative did Nigerians have in 2019, Atiku? No, wait na, u seriously think atiku would have been a better option? I laugh at your ignorance. These people are all the same! Simple!!!

What do you know about politics
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Jumps To ₦186, Oil Hits $64 by coputa(m): 12:55pm On Feb 23, 2021
Godarz:

They can't and haven't been able to do so since the 1990s.

Plus for fuel , NNPC is the one using money to subsidise the thing.

Plus subsidies chop a lot of the revenue we earn. At the end of the day we have to take loans to pay for every thing else

Plus when you subsidze you are in essence running at a loss. If government subsided the GSM sector at the endof the day there won't be home internet and poorer phone service
This is misinformation.In December,2020, till date, Nigeria crude oil export amount to 1.7million b/d,do the maths yourself.

Subsidy payment is just 1% of why the oil sector is not making any impact on Nigerians and the economy.here are some of the clog on the wheel of progress;

(1) Discretionary deductions

(2) payment of cash calls to fund upstream production sost.

(3) Lack of efficient method of measuring the amount of crude that is mined.

(4)The utilization of favourable exchange rates by NNPC.

(5) Allocations of crude oil to the NNPC

(6)Lack of transparency and clarity in transactions of NNPC

(7) Inefficient Refineries

(cool Unclear and obselete legislation

Subsidy payment is not the problem
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Jumps To ₦186, Oil Hits $64 by olaric(m): 12:56pm On Feb 23, 2021
PhilipReigns:

So which better alternative did Nigerians have in 2019, Atiku? No, wait na, u seriously think atiku would have been a better option? I laugh at your ignorance. These people are all the same! Simple!!!

What do you know about politics

Atiku is by far a better option than Buhari. Buhari bawo? How can you compare a slowpoke like the one in Aso Rock with a former VP; an entrepreneur...na wa for u...
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Jumps To ₦186, Oil Hits $64 by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 23, 2021
coputa:
This is misinformation.In December,2020, till date, Nigeria crude oil export amount to 1.7million b/d,do the maths yourself.

Subsidy payment is just 1% of why the oil sector is not making any impact on Nigerians and the economy.here are some of the clog on the wheel of progress;

(1) Discretionary deductions

(2) payment of cash calls to fund upstream production sost.

(3) Lack of efficient method of measuring the amount of crude that is mined.

(4)The utilization of favourable exchange rates by NNPC.

(5) Allocations of crude oil to the NNPC

(6)Lack of transparency and clarity in transactions of NNPC

(7) Inefficient Refineries

(cool Unclear and obselete legislation

Subsidy payment is not the problem

9. Subsidy

Subsidy means that you buy a shoe for 1500 and sell it for 800 a pair and get a.subsidy for 300 meaning you lose 400 at the end of the day.

Subsidy is why we import oil. Because it isn't profitable to refine it at.home

Sorry but you don't understand how a.subsidy works and why it is harmful for business

Go and read about subsidy and also about breakeven prices per country and then we can talk.

Good afternoon
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Jumps To ₦186, Oil Hits $64 by PhilipReigns(m): 1:13pm On Feb 23, 2021
olaric:

Atiku is by far a better option than Buhari. Buhari bawo? How can you compare a slowpoke like the one in Aso Rock with a former VP; an entrepreneur...na wa for u...
I laugh again. Really?
Maybe you should go back and get some background information about your atiku, especially when he was a VP. I don't want to say anything and some people will quote me before u know am in a police case like some others that have spoken out boldly before now.

I can only tell you to go and do a background check on atiku, entrepreneur indeed! With which money, the one that belongs to Nigerians?

Don't get carried away with sweet talk, people hardly change.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Jumps To ₦186, Oil Hits $64 by olaric(m): 1:30pm On Feb 23, 2021
PhilipReigns:

I laugh again. Really?
Maybe you should go back and get some background information about your atiku, especially when he was a VP. I don't want to say anything and some people will quote me before u know am in a police case like some others that have spoken out boldly before now.

I can only tell you to go and do a background check on atiku, entrepreneur indeed! With which money, the one that belongs to Nigerians?

Don't get carried away with sweet talk, people hardly change.

You are absolutely correct! People hardly change; and that's why Buhari has remained a dictator since 1983 when he first became a military ruler. He's a leopard; it's impossible for him to change his skin.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Jumps To ₦186, Oil Hits $64 by AfroBeatDiary: 1:39pm On Feb 23, 2021
Life was meant to be easier when the oil price increases at the world market but not here.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Jumps To ₦186, Oil Hits $64 by PhilipReigns(m): 3:18pm On Feb 23, 2021
olaric:

You are absolutely correct! People hardly change; and that's why Buhari has remained a dictator since 1983 when he first became a military ruler. He's a leopard; it's impossible for him to change his skin.
I don't like buhari either. I am not a fan of
Buhari, what I am trying to tell you is that neither of them has what it takes to move Nigeria forward. Since they are all the same, with each h coming president it's getting worse, nobody knows what 2023 has for us. But in midst of all these, people are still living sweet. You just have to find your square root and stop waiting for when Nigeria will get better, it may never happen.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Jumps To ₦186, Oil Hits $64 by DennisEche(m): 4:52pm On Feb 23, 2021
i thought they said we are paying much for fuel becuase of low price of crude in the international market, how come now that crude price has gone up we are still paying higher. bubu you be big scam. give boys format na
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Jumps To ₦186, Oil Hits $64 by nedekid: 6:04pm On Feb 23, 2021
The more you look the less you see..
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Jumps To ₦186, Oil Hits $64 by Oblang(m): 9:02pm On Feb 23, 2021
planetx13:
May confusion and sorrow be with those who voted and still support this govt..

Ciao

Na the govt dey control oil price?
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Jumps To ₦186, Oil Hits $64 by 62ss: 7:48am On Feb 24, 2021
planetx13:
May confusion and sorrow be with those who voted and still support this govt..

Ciao
amen

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why I Was Removed As Lagos Governor-ambode / Fuel Scarcity: Have Fuel Queues Returned In Nigeria? / Some People Were Invited To APC To ‘come And Eat’, Says Lawmaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.