Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,090 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:45 PM

Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today (31883 Views)

IPOB Order: Food, Cattle Dealers Mull Fresh Blockade In South-east / Northern Food And Cattle Dealers Threaten To Stop Food Supply Nationwide / DSS Invites Cattle Dealers Over Food Blockade Of South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 25, 2021
King44:
who told you... Do you know how many lands that are unutilized down here?...

I think we are too lazy down here cos we have the money to keep purchasing and that is why their guts got bigger
I don't think they know, na real estate Southerners only see in land.

If you go to the rural areas you would find surplus land, the bushes which the Fulani Terrorists are hiding across the expressway is enough land sef
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Ellasure: 2:25pm On Feb 25, 2021
Please who are these traders that are not well advised?

If you embark on this your strike it will not be effective because some of your members rely on the daily market returns for their survival. With Buharinomics turning every Nigerians poor more poverty will result. The cow meat is a very small portion of foodstuff on most Nigerian households today because of lack of purchasing power. In fact that is the cause of southern Nigerian natives hatred of fulani cattle rearers and the militia. Buhari is not good to everyone and his economic practices are the worst ever a president in Nigeria to date.

Except your macban membership want to go to economic ruin it will be good for you to manage the problems you have differently.

2 Likes

Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 25, 2021
King44:
they will sell to the brothers in Niger and Mali.... Who do not having the purchasing power and population.... I swear they want to create poverty in abundance up north
Only someone who has not been to north would believe this 90% of cows , goats and beans all come Niger ...core north produce almost nothing

1 Like

Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Prussian: 2:26pm On Feb 25, 2021
P1PrinceKT:

You have no enough Land to do so as you always Claimed.

Why then are fulani herdsmen running to the South to feed their cattle? Why don't they stay in the North since you have the land?

I love what the fulanis are doing, it would help the South take the cattle business seriously.

1 Like

Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by kabillionaire(m): 2:32pm On Feb 25, 2021
Let them join it with hunger strike. infidels

3 Likes

Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by P1PrinceKT(m): 2:34pm On Feb 25, 2021
Prussian:

Why then are fulani herdsmen running to the South to feed their cattle? Why don't they stay in the North since you have the land?

I love what the fulanis are doing, it would help the South take the cattle business seriously.

1, It's Nigeria that's why.

2, If your men Do that, the same crisis will be applied to you and the farmers.

3, If you decide to do it in Modern Grazing most of your people can not afford to buy it anymore because it Will be too costly.
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Sleekfingers: 2:41pm On Feb 25, 2021
P1PrinceKT:

Your land can't produce almost everything that is supplied from North.

because alot of them need excessive SUN for their nutrition.

i know.....but lets us start doing something too.....we can just sit down at their mercy.........
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Charlie2020(f): 2:42pm On Feb 25, 2021
They're making more money from kidnapping
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by BrutusOj(m): 2:47pm On Feb 25, 2021
espn:
Good...Let us start testing our survival incase Nigeria disintegrate...
I have been reading similar posts like yours and can't stop laughing. What do you think will be the fate of an average hausa/fulani if the so called strike starts or continue? Talk more of when the country is disintegrated? What will they do with their cow, grains and perishables? 90 percent of the foods produced in the north are eaten by southerners. Their largest market is in the south, they have access to Niger, Chad and Cameroon, why have they not been exporting their goods there to punish the south? Hunger will kill them if they try that gra gra. Benue, will definitely not be on their side. Benue, Nasarawa, Ebonyi and the rest southern states can feed the whole of Nigeria if they sit up.
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by ikorodureporta: 2:49pm On Feb 25, 2021
They should go and supply Niger....laslas Southerners go learn how to farm
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by butterfly777(m): 2:59pm On Feb 25, 2021
Ejaisky:

I do not even eat beef for some years because of those killer herdsmen.

I like that.
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by BrutusOj(m): 2:59pm On Feb 25, 2021
Igbochief001:

Only someone who has not been to north would believe this 90% of cows , goats and beans all come Niger ...core north produce almost nothing
Exactly the point I raised up there. The real food comes from Benue, Nasarawa, Plateau, Niger, Abuja, Taraba and parts of Kaduna(South). Go to Katsina, Kano, Kebbi, Yobe, no you won't see farm land anywhere, highest onion farms. No serious farming activities take place in the core north and they won't allow other part of the country hear word with farming farming. The real farmers in Benue, Nasarawa.

2 Likes

Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Oshokalo: 3:07pm On Feb 25, 2021
let's rate it na who go suffer ram pass,let them keep their beef fish is more healthy than,many tomatoes farmers go lose money oh,many perishable products,body go tell them
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 25, 2021
While I believe we need ourselves in a peaceful environment where the Southern Nigeria is not taken as a Colonial subject (colonial inheritance ) of the North as their grandfather made them to believe and as they have taken the South.

The Fulanis have been neglected by previous administrations. They have their challenges and grievances. We should try to listen to them. The strike cannot work. The South have the purchasing power. The Fulani government of Buhari can only help them by making it impossible for the South to purchase products from wherever she likes by closing borders. Doing that in emergency situations cannot work.

Early 2010, there was a crisis at mile 12 market, Lagos. The North refused to bring food products to Lagos. Later, out of frustration having waited for Fashola to appeal to them but no response and no patronage, they started to dump the products after long bridge before Kara, Ogun close to Lagos. Half of the products got spoilt and have to be sold at giveaway prices. They created market in that area. Later, Ogun State government came there and drove them to Ogere. They placed a big billboard there " This is not a market, the market is at Ogere". They have no choice, they have to return to Ogere.

Farm produce enter Lagos from Neighboring countries through Seme border. The border closure led to wastage of farm produce at Benin Republic.

https://afrikanheroes.com/2019/09/22/businesses-in-benin-republic-agonise-over-border-closure-with-nigeria/

Let me tell you something, we are helping the North by patronizing them. The Fulanis cannot lock our borders and stop selling farm produce, that is starvation. No Customs or Security agency from North can come closer to those borders or manage our ports under that situation. The land and the Sea would revolt. In as much as Yorubas will not go to Niger and Chad borders with the North to lock or monitor their borders, they can never try that here under emergency situations. I hope you understand.
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Holamic: 3:14pm On Feb 25, 2021
It is time for fishers to return to the sea...
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Blue3k(m): 3:23pm On Feb 25, 2021
P1PrinceKT:

3, If you decide to do it in Modern Grazing most of your people can not afford to buy it anymore because it Will be too costly.

1. Whats naira cost difference between the business models of ranching and herding?

2. If ranching so much more expensive why did Buhari ban beef imports from other countries? They had an easy time competing with nigerian producers.

3. Are you aware refrigerated trucks exist? The primative herders can subcontract transporting beef to delivery drivers.

It seems you Nigerians drama queens just fear monger. You primatives make every excuse not to adapt just because you enjoy being a nuisance.

1 Like

Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by espn(m): 3:31pm On Feb 25, 2021
BrutusOj:
I have been reading similar posts like yours and can't stop laughing. What do you think will be the fate of an average hausa/fulani if the so called strike starts or continue? Talk more of when the country is disintegrated? What will they do with their cow, grains and perishables? 90 percent of the foods produced in the north are eaten by southerners. Their largest market is in the south, they have access to Niger, Chad and Cameroon, why have they not been exporting their goods there to punish the south? Hunger will kill them if they try that gra gra. Benue, will definitely not be on their side. Benue, Nasarawa, Ebonyi and the rest southern states can feed the whole of Nigeria if they sit up.
I am from the southwest...If we cant live in peace make we divide...I am sure one way or the other, we will all survive just that we would only do better than each other...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Foodforthought: 3:36pm On Feb 25, 2021
Kingdemmu:
2021 will be bad for majority of the people in southern Nigeria. I smell an unprecedented level of hunger if they don't pacify the northerners. From dealers of perishables to now cattle dealers. If dealers of grains should also embark on strike hunger go kill some people soon.
My people produce Garri, Corn, Yam, Livestock (Goats, bushmeat and poultry), textile, local rice(we can also import), eggs and leather. We can survive for years without Northern beef and food. Let's see if Nigeria will survive without Crude oil. Na where person madness stop others own dey start.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Electrochemistry(m): 3:41pm On Feb 25, 2021
Kingdemmu:
2021 will be bad for majority of the people in southern Nigeria. I smell an unprecedented level of hunger if they don't pacify the northerners. From dealers of perishables to now cattle dealers. If dealers of grains should also embark on strike hunger go kill some people soon.
The south can fend for themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by PointZerom: 3:46pm On Feb 25, 2021
Kingdemmu:

Stop reasoning like a spoon fed child.

If they don't sell their goods, how will they survive?
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Kennilistic: 3:46pm On Feb 25, 2021
they think say na everybody like beef like that for where goat meat dey wey cheap pass beef......... Story
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Electrochemistry(m): 4:04pm On Feb 25, 2021
Fish and chicken are far better than beef.

1 Like

Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 4:22pm On Feb 25, 2021
Pls she shud not add middle belt ooo. We are not North.
She knows wat she meant by north.

How I wish pipelines are also cut
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by 7lives: 4:41pm On Feb 25, 2021
Kingdemmu:

grin grin grin
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Charly68: 4:55pm On Feb 25, 2021
Buhari has turned our nation to a mockery ious nation...it has now become cattle republic..
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Passionate1(m): 5:27pm On Feb 25, 2021
Na wa!

Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by mariby: 5:36pm On Feb 25, 2021
They should have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Asswipemod: 5:43pm On Feb 25, 2021
JosEast:

https://dailytrust.com/cattle-dealers-begin-strike-today

O beg make your strike an indefinite one, ehn. No just call am off o! Of Buhari give you pin, na bastard he be.

Time for self reliance and defence of our farm lands. This effrontery is getting too much.

1 Like

Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Christistruth00: 6:04pm On Feb 25, 2021
BrutusOj:
Exactly the point I raised up there. The real food comes from Benue, Nasarawa, Plateau, Niger, Abuja, Taraba and parts of Kaduna(South). Go to Katsina, Kano, Kebbi, Yobe, no you won't see farm land anywhere, highest onion farms. No serious farming activities take place in the core north and they won't allow other part of the country hear word with farming farming. The real farmers in Benue, Nasarawa.

The people of Borno used to really try with Beans ,Goats ,Fish from Lake Chad but Boko Haram has Chased them all into IDP Camps.
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 25, 2021
Kingdemmu:

The south would stop petroleum products from going to the north and import food from Cameron and Benin republic and even other foreign nation.

To hell with the north and it's blood stained food

2 Likes

Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by tonididdy(m): 6:25pm On Feb 25, 2021
There is chicken, there is fish.... Even goat

How the fcukk do these motherfuckers feel so special undecided
Re: Cattle Dealers Begin Strike Today by EagleNest(m): 6:58pm On Feb 25, 2021
May it be indefinite strike please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chukwuemeka Ojukwu's Will: Bianca Wins In Court / Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan / Incredibly Accurate Predictions Ayodele Fayose Made In December 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.