Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,909 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

What Made You Resign From A Job? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Made You Resign From A Job? (21084 Views)

Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company / Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me / Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Nkiruka35(f): 10:10am On Feb 26, 2021
Hmmmmmm
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Jerrydox(m): 10:10am On Feb 26, 2021
Got another better offer from an Agency of the govt

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by VadBet(m): 10:13am On Feb 26, 2021
post=99431720:
#BeYourOwnBoss.

Entrepreneur is Bae mehn!

On a lighter note......

An entrepreneur can be a bad boss

10 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by mkoabiola: 10:14am On Feb 26, 2021
Chairman, comment readers association.

Lagos branch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by coolfredo(m): 10:14am On Feb 26, 2021
No be person weh get job de resign

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by mkoabiola: 10:14am On Feb 26, 2021
Jerrydox:
Got another better offer from an Agency of the govt
Jus like that.

How you take do am.
Yarn me
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by HopeSpencer: 10:14am On Feb 26, 2021
Long story.

1.My roles were transferred to the assistant manager without sacking me.

2. I was hired for a different job I'm qualified for. But my main capability is in the management of animal farming. They got to know about my main certificate and asked me to manage their farm while still doing what they hired me for. I was using a means of transportation owned by me to move between the the office and the farm without paying me for fuel or add to my salary.

7 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Iatrogen: 10:15am On Feb 26, 2021
Ppl complaining about insults upadan should know they're paid for the amount of insult they can stomach than for what they can actually do...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by SmartPolician: 10:15am On Feb 26, 2021
They once owed me for 3 months.

I couldn't stand being owed for another round of 3 months. grin grin

7 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Queenlovely(f): 10:16am On Feb 26, 2021
I resigned when a Kenyan man almost raped me with his eyes while working in sauri a village in Kenya. I worked for the UN millennium city project

he was always staring at me, I quickly resigned, I didn't want to be raped physically

prevention is better than cure

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 26, 2021
Pochettino:
I asked him if I could sit on his face.
You wanted head baa, naughty girl
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by yongg: 10:18am On Feb 26, 2021
Pochettino:
I asked him if I could sit on his face.

you can do that to me...

but first let me know how big it is so I can take diving lessons before hand smiley
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Seniorwriter(m): 10:18am On Feb 26, 2021
Hey....
In this era residual income will sack your employer!

If you are interested in knowing how to earn residual income with existing or newer skills and never lack cash for your livelihood then contact me for the tools needed to be put in place and allow the locomotives generate you money online, offline or both.
Imagine you have the right skill to create 1k clients that you make constant $50 from them each doing small task for them ones or twice a week.!! Awesome right.
Howbeit this ain't for the get rich quickly youths out there.....but if you want to grow wealth then contact me via my facebook on my profile.
Do you know that some people make money from Small skills like sending emails for agricultural companies...... There are so many remote jobs out there.

Proactivity Leads To Productivity!!!!
@SeniorWriter

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by mayorcon(m): 10:19am On Feb 26, 2021
I got a job of 70k a month but I resigned the following month simply because; 1. I was the only one working with my boss (this means I can't be productive where I am the only staff, I love to see people around me when I work), 2. I am a creative person and I hate to do things that follow the same routine every day, I get bored easily.

Funny enough, I just dropped my resignation letter yesterday. grin grin grin

The bottom line is that I so much pay more attention to my happiness and mental stability more than I place on money.

Don't even think I have cash reserve ooo. lols.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Emmamay10: 10:19am On Feb 26, 2021
I resigned from a job in Abuja in 2019 to pursue a master degree. Now,ASUU strike and corona virus almost ruined things for me.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Endymi: 10:19am On Feb 26, 2021
dosage150:
Sorry for the long story

I couldn't take it any longer I had to resign on 14th February, 2021 over the hurtful words of my MD.

I manage his filling station and building materials warehouse.

I really came to work with all my heart, I run the place as if its my own business that my landlord once asked me if its my dad's business.

I wake 5am everyday to set up the station at exactly 6am and closes 9pm .
There's no sales boy/girl in the warehouse beside the station, am the one selling the building materials, yet under the salary of manager of the station.

He pays me 33k which I don't mind, yet there's nothing I will ever do that will be good in his sight
He seems to hate me.
Any Lil mistake of mine, he calls me "idiot, I didn't go to school, am foolish, that he allowed me to be here because he doesn't have chance, that I add no value to the company, money he pays me is waste to him"

These words makes me feel worthless, I cry most a times in the office.
I handle millions of his money, none misses #5 for a day. He once called an auditor for me because he doesn't trust the account I give him monthly, yet no fund was missing.

After work on January, 2021, I paid other staffs on 3rd of February.
He pays me directly, and pays me whenever he likes.
I waited till 13th of February, I had to call him to know if did anything wrong and why delaying my salary. He hung up the call.

On 14th of February, I took the money through the Cashier, tendered my resignation letter and left the company.
The cashier made it known to him, he called me on phone and started shouting at me saying "why am I rushing money like this, that am foolish and very stupid, he had small regard for me before but now he knows am worthless, that he will never forgive me for this act". Without knowing that I have left the company already.

The next day, he paid me through my account same 33k.
I had to return the 33k I collected from cashier.

My boss,father lord!
No matter how your best is,is still zero to her,she can never be satisfied with your work, she is an agent of depression, when ever she travels out,all the workers will be happy,and there will be joy in the land,but when she comes back,my brother, everyone in the neighborhood will know she is back from miles away to her house,I worked for this woman like a son to a mother does,but at the I always end up being blamed,what actually made me resign was the reduction of my salary,my God,some Nigeria employers are just heartless,note not all ,but I believe in the God I serve,very soon,iyanu maselé,I believe in the God almighty!

Anyway gone chapter, please if you have any work for me please,hit me up,I am an engineer.

10 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Nobody: 10:20am On Feb 26, 2021
Just walked away from the bank job. No calls no nothing. Just walked away.
They nearly snuffed life out of me. 2016. Best decision I've ever made. The very best

11 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Odingo1: 10:20am On Feb 26, 2021
Nawaa oo for work in Nigeria, someone will start work by 7 a.m and end by 9 pm. Chai that is double shift, in most EU countries it is not allowed. If you work this Hours in Germany you don become a multi millionaire in Naira in only one year but German government will not allow it and your health insurance company also because you are endangering your health.

18 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by SeunOshewaWife(f): 10:21am On Feb 26, 2021
Queenlovely:
I resigned when a Kenyan man almost raped me with his eyes while working in sauri a village in Kenya. I worked for the UN millennium city project

he was always staring at me, I quickly resigned, I didn't want to be raped physically

prevention is better than cure

You and your tall tales. How do you conjure them up? You should delve into fictional stories.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by capitalzero: 10:21am On Feb 26, 2021
post=99431720:
#BeYourOwnBoss.

Entrepreneur is Bae mehn!

On a lighter note......

If everybody is entrepreneur, who would be employees?

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 26, 2021
Much much better pay and an opportunity to be with my family.

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by OduntanGabriel(m): 10:22am On Feb 26, 2021
What I wrote on my CV wanted to kill me , I said I can work under pressure and they brought task that is filled with pressure ..... It’s not easy working in a call center managed by Indians.

27 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by AnI77: 10:23am On Feb 26, 2021
I have resigned from all my previous jobs except the one I currently hold. In all past cases, I ended up resigning because it got to the point where I refused to continue to tolerate further bullshit from my Line Manager - the person I report to directly. Even in my current job (not in Nigeria), which currently pays me the equivalent of 1.15 million Naira on a monthly basis, I will happily resign for no reason and relocate to Nigeria, and do the same work that I am doing here, any day I can find an employer that matches my current salary. I always follow the money and go for minimized bullshit in my jobs, else I am out!

Corrections: I must emphasize that I did not leave my jobs, or the establishments that employed me, per se. Instead, I left the Line Manager (or boss) I was reporting to. This is crucial because I could not have worked for each of these establishments in isolation. My point here is that every body has (or should have) an upper limit on the bullshit they are willing to tolerate in any given job, beyond which they must quit without looking back. I certainly do, and you can bet on that!

7 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Perfectsouth(m): 10:25am On Feb 26, 2021
my boss have said some unprintable words to me, he even once said I am the dumbest person on earth even though I handle million naira transactions on his behalf.. Those words use to get to me, affect and hurt me but it got to a time, I got used to it.

I later used those words to shape my life... It really shaped me..

How you choose to use those bad words depends on you

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by pocohantas(f): 10:26am On Feb 26, 2021
Sole proprietorship? I commot hand for their matter.

No career growth.

No defined path.

Your appraisal is how well you can lick the ass of your MD, his wife and grown up kids.

If you work in the office, you will work overtime in his family house too. grin

You go sha dey work. Experience for the work sef no fit help your life.

I resigned my job because I got another. Though the next boss make me wan resign, I come look am wonder how. I went back the next day ready for him. I could do that because it wasn’t a one-man business.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by vincent10(m): 10:26am On Feb 26, 2021
At my former place of work, almost everybody are insane. Once you join the company your thinking faculty change. You begin to act weird. Hence the need to leave.

9 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by wman(m): 10:29am On Feb 26, 2021
Well done Dosage150.

Thanks for having the courage to leave.

Far better opportunities are coming.

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by larryking540: 10:30am On Feb 26, 2021
mayorcon:
I got a job of 70k a month but I resigned the following month simply because; 1. I was the only one working with my boss (this means I can't be productive where I am the only staff, I love to see people around me when I work), 2. I am a creative person and I hate to do things that follow the same routine every day, I get bored easily.

Funny enough, I just dropped my resignation letter yesterday. grin grin grin

The bottom line is that I so much pay more attention to my happiness and mental stability more than I place on money.

Don't even think I have cash reserve ooo. lols.

you can't work unsurpervised that's the meaning

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by TeemahBeddings0: 10:31am On Feb 26, 2021
This is my story..This is my song

I resigned last month.

Shit is happening. We just have to move on.

Please in case you have any vacancy for an administrative assistant/secretary. Please help your girl

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can An Art Student With D7 In Maths Be Admitted Into Any Nigerian Uni/poly Etc. / Car Operator Returns N888,000, Passport To Passenger At Lagos Airport / Government Work Is Not Worth It After All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.