Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,228 members, 7,825,890 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

What Made You Resign From A Job? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Made You Resign From A Job? (21155 Views)

Why Do Narcissist Get Angry When You Decide To Resign From Their Company / Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me / Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 11:23am On Feb 26, 2021
wman:
Well done Dosage150.
Thanks for having the courage to leave.
Far better opportunities are coming.
Amen and Amen, thanks so much
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 11:25am On Feb 26, 2021
BAVOSKI:
Same thing happened to my Brother in a filling station in ondo Town, Where he manage a filling station with gas station....under 35k......he has resigned immediately

Seems MDs of filling stations are greedy and wicked?

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 11:26am On Feb 26, 2021
ZIINI:
Dis life no balance
At all
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by derbykol(f): 11:29am On Feb 26, 2021
vincent10:
At my former place of work, almost everybody are insane. Once you join the company your thinking faculty change. You begin to act weird. Hence the need to leave.
Most private firms in Nigeria are very wicked.

4 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Jashub: 11:30am On Feb 26, 2021
superCleanworks:

thats the problem with Nigerians. OVER SABI.

we know you are a motivational speaker and you have 12 companies but please... THE TOPIC NEVER ASKED FOR YOUR ADVICE.

just respond in line with the topic. he would have asked for advice if it was what he needed.
Who the hell are you to tell me what and how i should comment...? Or are you that jobless this morning...? Mtchww
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by TeemahBeddings0: 11:32am On Feb 26, 2021
dimeji248:

my own never reach that level, but I go dey buy petrol at the petrol station and power on and off generator, open and close gate if my boss want go out.
lol
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by ImaIma1(f): 11:35am On Feb 26, 2021
I left because I was being micro managed. Plus everyone would come and chook mouth on how I should do my job including the boss's wife and family members.

Another one I left because the boss was a slave driver and used to talk down on people. I couldn't even deal. If you just talk down on me, I make you understand that it is not standard practice and should not be so.

8 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 11:36am On Feb 26, 2021
isaythetruth:
Most Employers in the country take advantage of the economic situation and rising unemployment rate in the country to treat their employees like trash.

Sadly, our Labour laws are not that strong, that is why this bullshit continues... But a word of advice to us; Before you quit your job, make sure you have enough savings to last you till you get another one.

Or on the alternative, make sure you have gotten another one already, believe me, it is not funny in Nigeria anymore... one man was complaining a few days ago that to eat once a day is now a problem for him, people are suffering in Nigeria.

And sadly, our government ain't doing shit about it, they reward bandits with millions of Naira, but can't do shit for hustling Nigerians hustling to put food on their table.

Ok, oya no help us, but at least give us security, they won't.... who did we offend in this country?
Exactly
at this point Nigeria has failed us
and the rich takes the advantage of the situation

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Perfectsouth(m): 11:38am On Feb 26, 2021
grin me self quit naw.. I was trying to tell you those words shaped me when I started my own business
dosage150:

Bro at a point I can't sleep any longer,
always unhappy
and depressed

it hurts that all my efforts and accountability is appreciated this way
where is the courage to continue ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 11:41am On Feb 26, 2021
OduntanGabriel:
What I wrote on my CV wanted to kill me , I said I can work under pressure and they brought task that is filled with pressure ..... It’s not easy working in a call center managed by Indians.
BPO staff....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Lukmann(m): 11:42am On Feb 26, 2021
I worked for my dad in his company despite the fact that I had the technical knowledge about the job, my abilities were underutilized and unappreciated. I was even asked to keep shut when I try to bring up a good idea. I had to tell him I am no longer interested in working with him and I walked away

6 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 11:42am On Feb 26, 2021
I resigned from a job if 100k per month and I had no job or hope in sight. My boss is a top notch in government and a proud wicked man. Since I resigned I've not looked back. He has called with offers ( a car & more money) but no going back.

God bless the rich

10 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 11:45am On Feb 26, 2021
SmartPolician:

Yes, I was. As the supervisor, I understood the business well enough to know that it had seasons. Towards the end of the year, patronage drops drastically.

It peaks again in the new year. Once they were able to clear the astounding salaries during the peak periods, I resigned because I already had a plan to become self-employed.

Lol, u sabi well
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by teemy(m): 11:46am On Feb 26, 2021
dosage150:
Sorry for the long story

I couldn't take it any longer I had to resign on 14th February, 2021 over the hurtful words of my MD.

I manage his filling station and building materials warehouse.

I really came to work with all my heart, I run the place as if its my own business that my landlord once asked me if its my dad's business.

I wake 5am everyday to set up the station at exactly 6am and closes 9pm .
There's no sales boy/girl in the warehouse beside the station, am the one selling the building materials, yet under the salary of manager of the station.

He pays me 33k which I don't mind, yet there's nothing I will ever do that will be good in his sight
He seems to hate me.
Any Lil mistake of mine, he calls me "idiot, I didn't go to school, am foolish, that he allowed me to be here because he doesn't have chance, that I add no value to the company, money he pays me is waste to him"

These words makes me feel worthless, I cry most a times in the office.
I handle millions of his money, none misses #5 for a day. He once called an auditor for me because he doesn't trust the account I give him monthly, yet no fund was missing.

After work on January, 2021, I paid other staffs on 3rd of February.
He pays me directly, and pays me whenever he likes.
I waited till 13th of February, I had to call him to know if did anything wrong and why delaying my salary. He hung up the call.

On 14th of February, I took the money through the Cashier, tendered my resignation letter and left the company.
The cashier made it known to him, he called me on phone and started shouting at me saying "why am I rushing money like this, that am foolish and very stupid, he had small regard for me before but now he knows am worthless, that he will never forgive me for this act". Without knowing that I have left the company already.

The next day, he paid me through my account same 33k.
I had to return the 33k I collected from cashier.

Which state are you located in?

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Qatar2022: 11:47am On Feb 26, 2021
dosage150:
Sorry for the long story

I couldn't take it any longer I had to resign on 14th February, 2021 over the hurtful words of my MD.

I manage his filling station and building materials warehouse.

I really came to work with all my heart, I run the place as if its my own business that my landlord once asked me if its my dad's business.

I wake 5am everyday to set up the station at exactly 6am and closes 9pm .
There's no sales boy/girl in the warehouse beside the station, am the one selling the building materials, yet under the salary of manager of the station.

He pays me 33k which I don't mind, yet there's nothing I will ever do that will be good in his sight
He seems to hate me.
Any Lil mistake of mine, he calls me "idiot, I didn't go to school, am foolish, that he allowed me to be here because he doesn't have chance, that I add no value to the company, money he pays me is waste to him"

These words makes me feel worthless, I cry most a times in the office.
I handle millions of his money, none misses #5 for a day. He once called an auditor for me because he doesn't trust the account I give him monthly, yet no fund was missing.

After work on January, 2021, I paid other staffs on 3rd of February.
He pays me directly, and pays me whenever he likes.
I waited till 13th of February, I had to call him to know if did anything wrong and why delaying my salary. He hung up the call.

On 14th of February, I took the money through the Cashier, tendered my resignation letter and left the company.
The cashier made it known to him, he called me on phone and started shouting at me saying "why am I rushing money like this, that am foolish and very stupid, he had small regard for me before but now he knows am worthless, that he will never forgive me for this act". Without knowing that I have left the company already.

The next day, he paid me through my account same 33k.
I had to return the 33k I collected from cashier.
My mind is telling that he will come back to apologise to you and he'll ask you to come back

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by TeemahBeddings0: 11:51am On Feb 26, 2021
Sweet thread. Maybe later I will come back and edit my post.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by superCleanworks(m): 11:52am On Feb 26, 2021
Jashub:
please forgive my manners... my mother is a prostitüte in kirkiri and i was born in jail after she was raped by the prisoners
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 11:53am On Feb 26, 2021
Perfectsouth:
grin me self quit naw.. I was trying to tell you those words shaped me when I started my own business
Lol, now I understand, thought you were asking me to live with the words
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 11:55am On Feb 26, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:
I resigned from a job if 100k per month and I had no job or hope in sight. My boss is a top notch in government and a proud wicked man. Since I resigned I've not looked back. He has called with offers ( a car & more money) but no going back.

God bless the rich
Had it been you went back,you would HV paid for the apology

7 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 11:56am On Feb 26, 2021
teemy:

Which state are you located in?
Anambra state
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 11:58am On Feb 26, 2021
Qatar2022:

My mind is telling that he will come back to apologise to you and he'll ask you to come back
He will never do that even if he is dying
very wicked and heartless man
A station opened in 2016, am the sixth manager
lol

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Babara1994(m): 12:05pm On Feb 26, 2021
thatthickgurl:
I admire the courage to leave.

The reason I might have to leave my job as a customer care rep is because of the insults I get daily from rude customers.

We need to do better as humans
grin Hahahahaha
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by dosage150(m): 12:05pm On Feb 26, 2021
BUSHHUNTER:
Pay was good but too much temptation.
How
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Jashub: 12:12pm On Feb 26, 2021
superCleanworks:

I can see you're so jobless, that you even have time to change messages. Wow...no wonder poverty is knocking hard on your door cheesy
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by GeneralPula: 12:18pm On Feb 26, 2021
Ajiswaggs:
Never worked under someone before. I love to being my own BOSS. reason I dey hustle day and night online to Save a lot of cash and start phsical business.

Thank you ma blooda..

That’s exactly my footsteps so far too..

As a young guy, with no much responsibility yet(GF, less party and all), I’m able to save more. And by Jah’s grace, dreams are gon come true soon..

A lot of bosses don’t respect their workers because they usually feel this over-high esteem over them, with the known fact that there’s no many job opportunities out there. You will have to take our job and get it done as we desire...Naso dem dey reason.

4 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by samwillyco1(m): 12:28pm On Feb 26, 2021
My cousin will always say be your own BOSS

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by badonkadonk: 12:29pm On Feb 26, 2021
Xtopher123:
Resigned in January from an Architectural Firm after working for 3 years. (pay was relatively okay with benefits...but)

Toxic and averse to innovation and Tech.
Leadership unwilling to be open to suggestions and recommendations from younger staff cause "It's not how we do it"
Internal politics and hate, back stabbing and sabotage.
Eye service and please the master only mentality.

My industry (Architecture and Construction) is experiencing a flux of digital transformation. I couldn't be left behind. I've always wanted to do better in the delivery of construction projects as an Architect.

This made me co-found a company for integrated project delivery. Also partnered with an Interior designer to deliver outstanding projects in record time. So everything is in-house. More like the way Tesla builds their cars.

Resigned in January to fully focus on the company and make the change I've always dreamt of.

Awesome
Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by Tokskob2008: 12:31pm On Feb 26, 2021
Worked with a guy who is into tents installation and we did so many jobs in almost 5 different states before coming back to Lagos only for us to get Berger bus stop at 11pm and he started handing we his guys 1k each for transport back home (after almost 2months of working around the country). Even as gentle as i am i lost it that night and he saw my other side, people are just too wicked.

12 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by LutanFyah: 12:31pm On Feb 26, 2021
Preciousify:
I have been in that situation before.

I was paid 30k as a graduate. I didn't mind.
Tax was deducted from that peanut, dispenser water we drink in the office was deducted from the salary and a complusory 1k was deducted for welfare.

I usually close between 7pm and 9pm, waiting for the MD to go so I could lock up and go with the keys to the office.
7am, I am already at work to open the door for the cleaner to work.

I endured all these because my house was not far, I could trek or bike #100 to my house.

Then you face all sort of insults from the MD at any slighted mistake.

I got fed up, submitted my resignation letter. Then, they wanted to increase my salary, I told them my mind was made up already.

That was how I left.

It's very annoying how sole owners of companies treat their employees.
How do you manage 30k as a graduate?

I mean, how do you negotiate 30k as salary after graduating from school cos that money is an insult to a graduate, it's a fvcking peanut.

5 Likes

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by derbykol(f): 12:33pm On Feb 26, 2021
dosage150:

Lol, its good

most people are enslaved today because they put money first before their mental and emotion stability
You won't blame anybody,na condition make crayfish bend.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by superCleanworks(m): 12:33pm On Feb 26, 2021
Jashub:
I can see you're so jobless, that you even have time to change messages. Wow...no wonder poverty is knocking hard on your door cheesy

So you know my door. Oversabi.

You even know poverty... is that your surname? cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Made You Resign From A Job? by myked(m): 12:40pm On Feb 26, 2021
February 11th 2021 was my last day at my last job. I had been with them for almost two years... ,

I knew everything there was to know about the job and didn't find anything else to learn about it. I was really bored because the job was one that had me doing the same thing everyday.

It was the first 2 years of my life since the year 2000 that I had stayed in a particular town and not be opportune to spend even two weeks in another town. I missed traveling and couldn't take it anymore.

I resigned.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ecobank Commences Mass Sack Of Oceanic Bank Staff / Diamond Bank Branch Mbaise In IMO State Celebrates Children's Day In Style / 74rri, Nigerian Army Shortlist Names For Pre-screening Examination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.