Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer (7824 Views)

OBJ To Nigerian Senator: Why Mute at NASS But Parrot On Social Media? / The National Assembly Complex: A Closer Look (photos) / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer by jmaine: 1:21pm On Apr 11, 2011
JaaizTech:

Also worthy of note is that CPC is a party less than a year old, yet it has achieved this monumental feat, it truly shows the nature of the character of the man, Buhari who is leading this party.

[size=14pt]News  cheesy: the CPC mostly gained where ANPP could have held sway . . .Buhari succeeded in killing that ANPP party to form his[/size]
Re: Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer by drpojuski: 2:01pm On Apr 11, 2011
Check your facts well and do not use emotions and frivolities to misinform Nigerians. CPC cleared almost all electoral seats in Katsina State where PDP was perceived too strong before now. Also what about Seats won in KOGI, KADUNA, NASSARAWA and NIGER by CPC , all formally held by PDP
Re: Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer by Donmeca(m): 2:13pm On Apr 11, 2011
Buhari may even come third in d presidential elections if the outcome of the NASS elections is anything to go by. Most people here never believed INEC wud have a free hand to work as it did last saturday. So it is with a lot of Nigerians but GEJ has delivered on his promise. Most folks will fall for his sincerity of purpose and his humility (in letting OBJ fall from grace) and will vote him ahead of Buhari and Ribadu. As for Buhari winning his state and losing kano, Katsina had no other option, unlike 2007 when they had Yar'Adua; Kano has more of republicans, they even voted out Shekarau (I guess it is protest).

That said, I have not seen any post congratulating GEJ for being "fair" even to a hurting extent. That makes me think of the kind of comments I wud av read had d elections looked like the 2003/2007 episodes. The guy means well for Nigeria and as such deserves votes and support.

Goodluck Nigeria
Re: Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer by jmaine: 2:13pm On Apr 11, 2011
drpojuski:

Check your facts well and do not use emotions and frivolities to misinform Nigerians. CPC cleared almost all electoral seats in Katsina State where PDP was perceived too strong before now. Also what about Seats won in KOGI, KADUNA, NASSARAWA and NIGER by CPC , all formally held by PDP

9ijaman written all over this post , Okay let me put it better, CPC took ANPP fortunes cos of Buhari stint in the ANPP, it became an advantage . .  considering the aparthy towards the PDP zoning issue that never turned out well for Northerners. .
Re: Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer by ogianyo(m): 2:34pm On Apr 11, 2011
If not Buhari, who?
By Uche Ezechukwu 0803 622 3337 [email: onukwube1@yahoo.com]
Monday, April 04, 2011

Last weekend, it looked as if Nigeria was marshalling for war and not just elections. The preparations were not only physical; they were more psychological, to the extent that the government created an overall impression that the elections which debuted with the National Assembly polls last Saturday was not just routine activities which Nigerians should have started getting used to after 12 years.

Even some schools were ordered shut as parents and wards were suddenly invited to evacuate their wards, even before they could take their examinations. It did not matter to anybody that they had earlier lost three clear weeks to the voters registration exercise. Any government which creates the impression that it cannot protect its youngsters and children in school has no business governing anybody. For, even during wars, schools remain in operation.
Harassed crowds at the banks, airports, motorparks and other public institutions rushed around like people on last rites of passage. In the midst of this bedlam, what seems to have become a universal feeling is that the Nigerian politician has become like a leopard which is incapable of changing its spots. It has been taken for granted that rather than change, the Nigerian political class will remain corrupt, undisciplined and therefore, dangerous, especially to his own kind. In that process, he has become dangerous even to the most unconcerned of bystanders – the rest of us.

Of course, anyone who does not agree that the only obstacles standing on Nigeria’s road to greatness and phenomenal development are the twin evils of indiscipline and corruption must be either dishonest or naive. There is no evil today that cannot be ultimately traced to those two factors. It then goes without saying that if these two are eliminated from our society and body politic, our nation can easily rub shoulders with the equally gifted nations of the world. It is these two evils that ultimately combine to make elections a ‘do-or-die’ affair as President Obasanjo shamelessly prescribed, but which Goodluck Jonathan, in his disarming naiveté and innocence, is trying to change. In that determination that has been sabotaged from the onset, he wants to roll out a gargantuan arsenal to prove us naysayers wrong.

Next Saturday, Nigerians would be expected to move ahead of last weekend’s ritual to elect the president who would hold the present and future of our country in his hands. As usual, emotions would dominate logic and commonsense in the choices made by our lopsidedly uneducated and uninformed citizenry. Primordial sentiments will still play a crucial role in the choices that most will make. But as next Saturday comes nearer and nearer, the God inside every voter will come alive and conscience will nudge him and her to allow the head, rather than the heart to take prominence.

In many Nigerians from all the cardinal points of Nigeria, their heart will instruct them to stand behind that suave looking, gentle and innocent looking gentleman in a bowler heart, who looks like a neighbour next door. He is likeable and even wears a name that invokes Godliness and panders to our growing woeful and disastrous surrender to the divine benevolence as the solution to our many man-made predicaments. Jonathan will appeal to most people who are incapable of thinking deeply and are, therefore, incapable of placing what has been and what could be, side by side.

Those are people who have been unable to keep mental records as to remember that no promise that have been made in the last four years has been kept. ‘My people’, without any proof or indication, already believe that their ‘brother’ would turn their tattered landscapes into El Dorado. The likes of Gov. Peter Obi and his brother governors have been boasting of how the South East would suddenly be transformed into the Candy Mountain when not one of those lofty promises was captured in the 2011 budget. If Nigerian voters had only hearts and no heads, Jonathan would sweep the polls.

However, I have every reason to believe that at some crucial point in the life of an individual, it is his head that rules. It is the head that queries about the prospects for the better future, after a clear-minded assessment of the past and the present. It is the head that queries whether you are better or worse now than you were 12 years, eight years or four years ago. It is the head that queries about how far past promises have been fulfilled, and that even though the head and the senses have been befuddled with the endless rattles of beautiful adverts, it wonders whether any of those adverts has been able to stand the test of truth.

The voters who use their heads would recall that we have received excuses and no action and would start to reason that Nigerians deserve better than excuses, especially excuses that have become insults. Like the one which claims that we cannot get our refineries to work because ‘cartels’ that import refined petroleum would not let us. Then the other one that we cannot improve our power supply because the cartels that import generators won’t let us. The thinking Nigerians would start to reason that for us to escape from these quagmires and more into whose prisons corruption, indiscipline and lack of patriotism have held us hostage, it goes without saying that we must have someone with the capacity to give battle to these evil, especially someone who has shown the ability to do so in the past, and who has been proven to have never wavered from those commitments.

Muhammadu Buhari might not be the most qualified person to govern Nigeria at this point in time, but he is definitely the most capable among all those who have presented themselves for the 2011 presidential race. He has remained incorruptible and ramrod in his sticking to principles. More importantly he has proved all his critics wrong in all the things that have been invented against him. He has been accused of being uncompromising and rigid, but in the condition that Nigeria finds itself today, those could only be salutary recommendations.

One great shortfall of Jonathan’s aspiration is that he is a pigeon among the hawks; no matter how much he might want to act in his natural good nature, he will be frustrated by the evil leviathan that is his party. It would therefore be great folly of him to believe that he can grow above his shadow which is the PDP. On the other hand, Buhari is uncompromising in his principled fights in any direction that has been adopted. You cannot come back to ask him to make compromises in order to accommodate self-serving interests. I know because I have served him as the director of his media and publicity in 2003. His fair-mindedness is legendary and in spite of accusations by Lilliputians that he is extremist and discriminatory, no one has ever been able to come forward with concrete evidence.

It is not for nothing that he is reputed as ‘Mai Gaskiya’, the truthful one. He has never told a lie and will not do so, even to win an election. It is needless to say too many words to convince Nigerians that our present and future can only be safe if we put them in Buhari’s hands next Saturday and that is the only way that the next four years will not see us a country that will be competing with the other failed nations of the world.

The challenges of the present and future are enormous but they will be a child play if we do not rescue Nigeria from the stranglehold of the marauders who are holding us hostage. Buhari does not only have the capacity to end indiscipline and corruption. He is also capable of bringing back accountability at all levels of governance because he will lead by example and transparency conduct of governance. He is prepared to make the necessary sacrifices to achieve it. He has the guts, the courage, fairness and a will of steel to salvage Nigeria and bring about security of lives and property which have defied all the previous lip service that has been paid.

I endorse Buhari because he is the solution to the hydra-headed problems of Nigeria which look insolvable but which can be swept away by a determined, iron-willed and honest leadership that is committed to the present and future of this country. Nigeria needs that type of leadership now than ever.
If it is not only Buhari who can raise Nigeria from its knees, who else, among all the candidates can? Use your head, not your heart.
Re: Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer by Kobojunkie: 2:36pm On Apr 11, 2011
jmaine:

9ijaman written all over this post , Okay let me put it better, CPC took ANPP fortunes cos of Buhari stint in the ANPP, it became an advantage . .  considering the aparthy towards the PDP zoning issue that never turned out well for Northerners. .

Is your postulation according to what is known?? www.nairaland.com/attachments/417328_nigeria_prev_elect_624_giffebfd18b0d37ca120aac1e3f844e78ab
Re: Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer by Zikkyy(m): 2:41pm On Apr 11, 2011
JaaizTech:

But I see you are quite naive, the voting pattern experienced last saturday will be very different next week, just as we expect PDP to get more votes in the South-WEst, so also is CPC expected to get a lot more votes in the North.Whatever, the case the people voted for their choice (personality) and not party. So come next week people will also vote for their choice, those that like rogues will vote for rogues and those that like honest people will vote for honest people.

Very true. PDP will be getting more votes this saturday especially in Lagos. Even CPC will get more votes in Lagos. The voting pattern in the north will change as well. CPC lost Kano cos the people were not interested in the NASS candidates.
Re: Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer by jmaine: 2:47pm On Apr 11, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Is your postulation according to what is known??

She is here to take her daily compulsory nairaland  pills lest she suffocates. . . sorry i don't have your silly argument pills on offer . . . peruse the whole of nairaland.com, your medication awaits you else where. . . ROFLMAO in a junkie fashion
Re: Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer by Kobojunkie: 2:51pm On Apr 11, 2011
I take it that is your way of admitting you were spreading falsehood there and have been caught, I see.
Re: Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer by drpojuski: 2:54pm On Apr 11, 2011
Well thought out I believe, my take on this election is very simple, Jonathan in any other party except PDP may get my vote at least to prove that a so-called minority can and will indeed rule this nation one day. However, under the present circumstances, GEJ is like the proverbial Sheep that has Dogs as its closest parleys, the sheep will definitely be made to eat faeces no matter what, thus it would be better if we can give a proven politician of Intergrity the chance to perform.
Moreover, I havent read any report or heard of any so far of GEJ's stellar perfomance as governor of Bayelsa. WHat I believe is all NIgerians should remove all emotions and ask themselves who and which party can give life back to our moribund nation? Answer the question to yourself and vote accordingly, in 4 years you will know if you were right or wrong.
Re: Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer by muami(m): 3:10pm On Apr 11, 2011
PDP routs Buhari, ANPP
, As ACN, LP sack ruling party from South-West
By SEYE OJO
Monday, April 11, 2011

Contrary to expectations, the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) underscored its supremacy in the Northern states over General Muhammadu Buhari’s Congress for Progressive Change CPC and the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP).

The ruling party proved bookmakers wrong by clinching many Federal Constituency and Senatorial district seats in states, which the CPC and ANPP were believed would have smooth runs.

In Kano for instance, PDP snatched two senatorial seats, leaving the ANPP with the remaining seat PDP also recorded victory in 11 Federal constituencies ANPP won eight and CPC two.

The ruling party also made a clean sweep of six of the results declared so far in Sokoto State as at press time out of 11. PDP looks set to retain its majority in the National; Assembly with the results declared so far. Besides giving the main opposition parties in the North West the run for their money, the ruling party hade a convincing victory in North Central, winning all the three senatorial seats in Kwara, Kogi and two in Benue with the east result still being awaited.

In the South South PDP won all senatorial and Federal constituency seats declared so far in Rivers and won two senatorial districts in Akwa Ibom, while one seat is outstanding. The South East governors fulfilled their vow to deliver the zone to the PDP, which won majority National Assembly seats in the geo-political area.
However, the duo of Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) and Labour Party (LP) reversed victories recorded by the PDP in the last general elections in the zone
Re: Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer by JimmyBoy1: 3:20pm On Apr 11, 2011
Presidential Elections will not take the pattern of the Legislative elections. Let us al watch out.
Re: Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer by vedaxcool(m): 4:06pm On Apr 11, 2011
Buhari is most likely to emerge victorious, as the voting patten in the North suggest one thing, the Northern voters are following personality not party, definitely GEJ cannot win Kano, unless soldiers snatch ballot boxes, then it might be possible, even at that see how BB power ceased Katsina from the people's dying party, the force of Buhari character captures votes, Buhari remains the only presidential candidate who moves the crowd into a frenzy, the PDP smells more like like rotten eggs only people with low moral and ethical standards support, maybe also hungry people who live on the crumbs that fall off the table of the armed robbers can also support such.
[size=28pt]
SAI Buhari, Bamuso PDP

Afe Buhari AAfe PDP
[/size]

Re: Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer by obaf(m): 4:07pm On Apr 11, 2011
Buhari didnt campaign for anybody, its only the Presidency CPC is meant for , so if anybody wins under the umbrella of CPC in any other post,  its just the person's goodluck.
ALL WE STAND FOR IS BUHARI/BAKARE
WE NEED TO STOP THE CORRUPTION IN THE LAND.
IT IS CRISTAL CLEAR GEJ CAN'T DO IT.
RIBADU: PEOPLE ARE NOT READY FOR HIM, HE SHOULDNT BE CARRIED AWAY WITH THE SENATORAIL VOTES IN SW, MONST OF THE VOTERS ARE STILL FOR GEJ OUT OF SENTIMENT.
BUT WE NEED LIBERATION.
GEJ HIMSELF IS GOOD BUT HIS GOODWILL IS NOT GOING TO TRANSFORM INTO DEVELOPMENT OR GROWTH FOR NIGERIA.
WE KNOW HE MEANT WELL BUT HE DOESNT KNOW HOW TO MANAGE THE ECONOMY, OR CAPACITY TO FIGHT CORRUPTION BECAUSE OF SOME DIRTY DEALS HE'D PUT HIS HAND.
I PRAY GOD'S WILL SHALL BE DONE FOR NIGERIA.
WE REALLY NEED A CHANGE.
DO VOTE FOR SENTIMENT.
BUHARI IS STILL THE BEST THAT CAN BRING THE CHANGE OUT OF THIS 3.GOD BLESS
Re: Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer by vedaxcool(m): 4:10pm On Apr 11, 2011
[size=18pt]GBAM! you drop it like its hot! all corrupticians flee while you still have the chance[/size]

Kobojunkie:

I take it that is your way of admitting you were spreading falsehood there and have been caught, I see.

grin grin grin grin grin, jmaine fear as im see question wey pass im ppower
Re: Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer by babytoun: 4:16pm On Apr 11, 2011
vedaxcool:

Buhari is most likely to emerge victorious, as the voting patten in the North suggest one thing, the Northern voters are following personality not party, definitely GEJ cannot win Kano, unless soldiers snatch ballot boxes, then it might be possible, even at that see how BB power ceased Katsina from the people's dying party, the force of Buhari character captures votes, Buhari remains the only presidential candidate who moves the crowd into a frenzy, the PDP smells more like like rotten eggs only people with low moral and ethical standards support, maybe also hungry people who live on the crumbs that fall off the table of the armed robbers can also support such

People are still deluded. GEJ does not need more than 30% of votes from Kano and kaduna.

Gej will make atleast 65% of NC votes.

GEJ will do better than even Ribadu in the SW.

Gej will make at least 80% in SS and SE.

now tell me how he will not win in the first run.

I am so happy that even the Buhari campaign organisation know that BB's best chance(though extremely slim) is a run-off. He can not make 25 of votes in even 20 states.
Re: Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer by Busols757: 4:26pm On Apr 11, 2011
[quote][/quote]31 REASONS WHY BUHARI DOES NOT DESERVE YOUR VOTE
In my books, Buhari is a pretentious anti-corruption fighter. The trajectory of a man's journey in public life matters. For the following reasons I cannot vote for Buhari:
1. He is an oligarch who does not believe in equality before the law. The way he jailed Lateef Jakande, Jim Nwobodo, Ambrose Ali, Pa Adekunle Ajasin, Chief Ayo Ojewumi on cases that had no foundation and allowed Awwal Ibrahim, the then Niger State governor, who was arrested in Heathrow Airport in London with 14 million pounds sterling and several millions of Niara and dollars to be put under house arrest is my evidence. He also allowed Shehu Kangiwa, Sokoto State Governor who conducted and supervised the famous Bakolori Massacre of poor peasant farmers who's land were appropriated without compesation to remain under house arrest.
1(a) Ayo Ojewumi became blind as a result of his imprisonment over false charges and died shortly after.
1 (b) Prof. Ambrose Alli also became blind as a result of this false imprisonment. When he died, he had only one undeveloped plot of land to his name.
1© Pa Adekule Ajasin was never the same after his eventual release and remained sickly for the rest of his life When he died, he never had any property anywhere in the world except the one he had built from his sweat as long term teacher and school principal in Owo Township.
2. He put in place a retroactive law that killed three men, innocent men in my book, by public execution.
3. He jailed Ndukar Irabor and Tunde Thompson of the Guardian on stories that were factually true under Decree 4. He had told the Nigerian journalists then that it did not matter whether the story reported was true or not, if his regime did not like it, the writer would go to jail.
4. He supervised the smuggling of 53 suitcases filled with cash through the MMA against the protests of General Tunde Idiagbon and ironically, Abubakar Atiku, the then Director General of the Customs who later became the Vice President and a compromised politician himself. This smuggling of the suit cases was supervised by his ADC, Col. Mustapha Jokolo.
5. He jailed Fela Anikulapo -Kuti on trumped up charges under an emergency law which prompted the sentencing judge to confess that he was ordered to do so and apologized to the late musician. It was Buhari's administration that said it has "decided to deal with this Fela problem once and for all."
6. He convinced all the northern political leaders against allowing the National Identity Card program because according to him, this would unravel the myth of a Northern population majority
7. He is an Islamic fundamentalist, the Bin Laden of Nigeria, who told his northern followers never to vote for anyone who was not a Muslim.
8. He is a coup plotter.
9. He has never been able to account to Nigerians what he did with the 20 billion Naira of the Petroleum Trust Fund of which he was the chairman under Sani Abacha.
9(a) He has not been able to point to any project that he prosecuted outside the Northern Nigeria with the so-called trust fund.
10. He was in full support of all the atrocities of Sani Abacha against the Nigerian people. There is no single record of his criticism of Sani Abacha during those dark days when Nigeria was on precipice. It shows that he is a patriot of convenience and as such unfits to lead the country.
11. Buhari, as part of his Triba-listic practices placed President Shagari under house arrest inside a palatial mansion in Ikoyi while he locked up Shagari's Vice, Alex Ekwueme in Kirikiri Prison. Shagari is Hausa/Fulani like him while Alex Ekwueme is an Igbo man.
12. Ikemba Emeka Ojukwu, another Igboman who returned from 13years exile just a little over a year then was as well locked up in KiriKiri Prison by mean-hearted Buhari. Up till today we are not told what Emeka’s offence was.
13. Busari Adelakun died of ulcer because Buhari refused him to be taken out of prison for immediate medical attention. The then Governor of Ogun State, Bisi Onabanjo suffered similar fate which we were told led to his untimely death.
14. Buhari ransacked the house of our late sage, Obafemi Awolowo and consfisticated his International passport. Which civilized democratic society would elect the likes of Buhari as President, the same individual who overthrew an elected President? Never!
15. Plus Buhari having Sam Mbakwe in jail, went for one of Mbakwe's wives. He established himself again for what he was/is letting Mbakwe receive in jailhouse news of the death of another of Mbakwe's two wives. One (I can't remember his name now; Odenigbo?) also died in jail.
16. Buhari's henchman and sponsor, CPC governorship candidate for Kano State, is Mohammed Abacha, the same person that had/ran a personal killing squad, coordinated the killing of Kudirat Abiola & attempted to kill Ibru; and also stashed money in underground tanks, all less than 13 years ago, Nigerians have very short selective memory. Shame
‎17. Buhari discriminated against persons from other ethnic groups/faiths; and that as PTF Chairman, he employed an overwhelming number of Fulani/Hausa/Moslem people at the detriment of other groups and concentrated PTF projects in the North. If in doubt read El Rufai's testimony where he wrote about Katsina boys who used the money they made at PTF to bankroll Yar'Adua's election in 1999.
18. Buhari is unforgiving. When he "took over" by coup in 1983, he even remembered an article written a very long time ago by Bisi Onabanjo ('The Mallams are coming') and a later one in which Onabanjo wrote that people should watch out for that "gangly officer from the north" after Buhari gave a no holds barred speech at some Army functions where he was reported to be very openly pro Fulani and pro Islam to the exclusive of all else and also talked about termination of democratic rule. For that, Onabanjo got one of the harshest jail terms and treatments.
19. Buhari intolerance is worse than Obasanjo's. When he was adopted as the ANPP's candidate on the night of the party's Primaries without prior warning to the other candidates (and a few of them protested), Buhari got up and made a speech that those people must be disciplined. I subsequently saw him on BBC's "hard talk" and he frightened me and the interviewer with his archaic and fundamentalist intolerant views. His understanding and articulation is very much in doubt.
20. The evil genius, IBB and his crew similarly ran rings around Buhari. On the 10th anniversary of Abacha's demise, Buhari said that Abacha stole nothing from Nigeria! Despite millions of Dollars recovered from banks around the world and the Abacha family signing a formal agreement to return over $1 billion dollars, Buhari still said that Abacha's stealing remains an unproved allegation!!!! Why? Because Abacha set Buhari up like an emperor and let him use oil money from the Niger Delta to develop the North without supervision or questions.
21. Buhari snubbed the same Nigerians he now wants their votes by refusing to appear before Justice Oputa Truth and Reconciliation Panel. Despite the fact that Buhari knew how important reconciliation is to the stability of democracy. Buhari has never apologized at anytime.
22. Buhari executed Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) and Bartholomew Owoh (26). To put it quite plainly, one of those three – Ogedengbe - was executed for a crime that did not carry a capital forfeit at the time it was committed. and At the time Ogedengbe committed the crime it did not carry that punishment. If we must live as civilized citizens we must go by the rules. Article 11.2 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights reads: "No one shall be held guilty of any penal offence on account of any act or omission WHICH DID NOT CONSTITUTE A PENAL OFFENCE, under national or international law at the time when it was committed. NOR SHALL A HEAVIER PUNISHMENT BE IMPOSED THAN THE ONE THAT WAS APPLICABLE AT THE TIME THE PENAL OFFENCE WAS COMMITTED. Killing people with retroactive laws is not the civilized thing to do - and for as long as we will have people who refuse to see the truth only because their heroes are inching to rule when they have not purged themselves we will continue to wallow in misery.
23. Let’s informed Buhari that Lateef Jakande’s $60 million metro rail project for Lagos, which he cancelled immediately after he over-threw the Second Republic, has now accumulated a debt profile of over $3 billion for Lagos State, making the state the most indebted state to Paris Club in the federation.
24 let also remind Buhari that Gbolahan Mudashiru, his Military Administrator for Lagos State, alerted him on the clause in the contract agreement that would yoke the state to this debt, if the contract was cancelled unilaterally, and that he replied Mudashiru, that he didn’t care a damn. Though the fund for the execution of that project which would have given the people of Lagos an intra-city light train transport system would not have come from Buhari’s Supreme Military Council, General Buhari, as Military Head of State, cancelled this wonderful project of the state government, with ethnicity on his mind.
25. Let us again tell him that his action of jailing Dr Alex Ekwueme, then Nigeria’s vice president, from Anambra, and keeping President Shehu Shagari, from Sokoto State in a house arrest in Ikoyi was also ethnically fired.
26. So also was the shorter end of the stick he handed the South, as chair of Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF), in the execution of projects.
27. Shagari’s regime (1979-1983), incurred Buhari’s wrath when it decided to investigate the US$2.8 billion that disappeared from the Midland Bank, London account of the Nigerian National Petroleum Cooperation, (NNPC), during General Obasanjo’s era as military head of state that preceded Shagari’s. Dr. Olusola Saraki, Turaki of Ilorin, was the majority party leader of the Senate at the time and he headed the Senate Committee set up to trace the stolen money after some three years of clamor for such an investigation by members of the civil society. The money was traced to the Midland Bank London branch fixed account of Buhari, Obasanjo’s appointee as military head of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company. The Committee’s report was presented to the Senate during the tail end of Shagari’s regime in 1983, so the House decided to deal with the matter soon after the 1983 general elections.
28. He locked up without trial, politicians and critics including Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, notorious for clamouring for the exposure of the oil money rogue. Vera Ifudu, who was an NTA reporter then, was sacked through his prodding as military ruler, for reporting what Dr. Olusola Saraki had told her in an interview about how the missing money was traced to Buhari’s account at a Midland Bank London branch. Vera eventually won her case of wrongful dismissal in court against the NTA and was financially compensated.
29. Abacha rehabilitated Buhari with the chairmanship of the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) before he (Abacha) died in 1998. When Obasanjo returned to power in May 1999 as civilian president, he found that over 2.5 billion naira had not been properly accounted for in the PTF and that there was not much on the ground to show for the colossal expenditure the agency was claiming. On the day Obasanjo announced the scrapping of the PTF, a non-staff brother-in-law of the boss, allegedly serving as his conduit on some PTF projects, died suddenly from what appeared to be heart failure.
30. Buhari’s conflicting statements on the money laundering charges involving his ADC in 1984 on the 53 suit cases saga, has indicted him.
31. He should reveal to us his health status… Buhari at 69 yr old is a clear liability on Nigeria and Nigerians is Nigeria a health insurance scheme?
If Nigerians reward dangerous, insensitive, dishonest, mean, cruel, partial, egoistic, religious, fundamentalist, conscienceless human beings like MOHAMMADU BUHARI with the presidency of Nigeria with his kind of track record, then why do we still wonder why Nigeria has not and will not make it?
I can not in good conscience support Buhari's candidacy on the above grounds. I wish we have intelligent people who know what democracy means. I wish we have civilized minds. However, I am 100 percent sure that Buhari will never again rule Nigeria.
It is clear that apart from the states of the North-West and North-East, his Congress for Political Change (CPC) would hardly earn 25 per cent of the total number of votes cast in the remaining states of the federation. By implication, two zones just cannot earn Buhari the presidency he is looking for, no matter their voting strength.
VOTE ACN,
Re: Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer by jmaine: 4:34pm On Apr 11, 2011
vedaxcool:

[size=18pt]GBAM! you drop it like its hot! all corrupticians flee while you still have the chance[/size]

grin grin grin grin grin, jmaine fear as im see question wey pass im ppower

Sorry questions intended to drag me into non fruitful arguments is not my preference on nairaland.com . .I noticed some people thrive on arguments and i decided not to give them that chance to feast on their daily fantasy . . People feel not having the last reply signifies defeat but i have learnt to allow certain things pass without replying as it does the last poster some good feeling of victory while i move on to other threads that interest me . . everyone goes home cool . .so there is no fuss to my ignoring her from receiving her daily nairaland pills. .

No need to get so excited . .hope you all will vote on Sat cos all noise on nairaland without being converted into votes is just fruitless . . .Now is the time to put our thumbs where our mouth and passion is and not on cyberspace . . . Too late Bro . .Sat is by the corner and am going out to vote . .Hope you will all do the same  cool
Re: Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer by fxtopedia(m): 4:41pm On Apr 11, 2011
I can see ILLUSION affecting the sense of judgement of some people. ALL OF YOU WOULD BE DAZED come Saturday,

BUHARI-BAKARE ALL THE WAY
Re: Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer by vedaxcool(m): 4:45pm On Apr 11, 2011
babytoun:

People are still deluded. GEJ does not need more than 30% of votes from Kano and kaduna.##

and you think he will get it.

babytoun:

Gej will make atleast 65% of NC votes.

na you give am? the NC will be a divided vote, as i am seeing a situation were a person might vote PDP (people's dying party) last Saturday and vote for Buhari this Saturday, like I said the northern vote indicates personality follower ship rather than party

babytoun:

GEJ will do better than even Ribadu in the SW.

I dey laugh, that is what i am waiting to see, how will the south west vote. I do expect that Nigeria most sophisticated voting region will not fall for the GEJ bug, that will be a real game changer. But as long as the SW voters remain with ACN then GEJ's chances of becoming President is quite slim

babytoun:

Gej will make at least 80% in SS and SE.

Compared to NW, NE and SW the 80% might not take him anywhere

babytoun:

now tell me how he will not win in the first run.

Because you were joking about all you points, from ACN SW voting PDP presidential candidate to the NC Brouhaha, he definately cannot win in the First round if my assertions holds

babytoun:

I am so happy that even the Buhari campaign organisation know that BB's best chance(though extremely slim) is a run-off. He can not make 25 of votes in even 20 states.

Even GEJ knows that unless he uses Soldiers in his own SS to snatch ballot boxes he can not dream of wining.

Opposition parties in Bayelsa state have accused the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) of hijacking electoral materials for last Saturday’s election in connivance with security operatives including the police, the Joint Military Task Force (JTF) and some Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)  officials.

They have also called for the immediate removal of the State Resident Electoral Commissioner, Edwin Nwatalari,  over alleged irregularities recorded during the conduct of the National Assembly election.

The parties led by the Labour Party (LP) Chairman, Addo Badou, and the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) stormed the INEC secretariat, submitting that election did not hold in six local government areas  of the state, even as the result released by INEC which saw the emergence of PDP as winner in Kolokuma/ Opokuma/ Yenagoa Federal constituency was allegedly characterised with irregularities.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/polls-opposition-seeks-cancellation-of-results-in-kwara-bayelsa-rivers/89421/
Re: Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer by vedaxcool(m): 4:49pm On Apr 11, 2011
jmaine:

Sorry questions intended to drag me into non fruitful arguments is not my preference on nairaland.com . .I noticed some people thrive on arguments and i decided not to give them that chance to feast on their daily fantasy . . People feel not having the last reply signifies defeat but i have learnt to allow certain things pass without replying as it does the last poster some good feeling of victory while i move on to other threads that interest me . . everyone goes home cool . .so there is no fuss to my ignoring her from receiving her daily nairaland pills. .

No need to get so excited . .hope you all will vote on Sat cos all noise on nairaland without being converted into votes is just fruitless . . .Now is the time to put our thumbs where our mouth and passion is and not on cyberspace . . . Too late Bro . .Sat is by the corner and am going out to vote . .Hope you will all do the same  cool

Bro, I can call you bro right! yo failed to substantiate your point, it is beyound having the last word. grin I thank GOD Nigerians eye don dey clear well well. A vote for GEJ is a vote for is a vote for the PDP an occultic usurper of power and dignity of the Nigerian people
Re: Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer by emekagh(m): 5:57pm On Apr 11, 2011
vedaxcool:

Bro, I can call you bro right! yo failed to substantiate your point, it is beyound having the last word. grin I thank GOD Nigerians eye don dey clear well well. A vote for GEJ is a vote for is a vote for the PDP an occultic usurper of power and dignity of the Nigerian people

So all the people who voted for PDP members across the country voted for 'occultic usurper of power'? I thought we you lots were saying it about 'individuals' not party? So GEJ as in individual is 'occultic' right? Hmmmn, there is no level of paralogism that won't be bandied around by anti-GEJ.

Let me ask you about issues that concerns as a voter:

Where does your man (BB or Ribadu) stand on Power?

- Will he continue or dump GEJ power roadmap? If not what is his alternative plan?
- What is his take on GAS Revolution roadmap?
- Will he continue reform of banking sector as under Goodluck?
- Besides fighting corruption, what else is he bringing to the table?
Re: Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer by danjohn: 6:04pm On Apr 11, 2011
CPC is doing well in the House of Reps races.  49% of the results have come in and right now, CPC+ACN+ANPP+LP+Accord is > PDP.  grin

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/pdp-survives-acn-gains-but-cpc-underperforms/89433/

Re: Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer by danteweb: 6:11pm On Apr 11, 2011
Young people and the Nigeria we see

Re: Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer by Sarahluv(f): 7:19pm On Apr 11, 2011
PDP looks more likely to win. They will surely take the SS and the SE, get more than 30% of votes in the SW, win NC and most of NE. NW is the only area PDP will not make appreciable progress in the North
Re: Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer by omanzo02: 7:25pm On Apr 11, 2011
kobojunkie:   I would prefer Buhari wins on Saturday -- Ribadu,if not Buhari. But like you, I have little hope of things changing if Goodluck Jonathan wins .  

Lol, wonder shall never end grin grin grin, so we also have CPC/political prost.itut.e on NL grin grin grin, because PDP routs Buhari, ANPP in NASS election  u are already making a tactical manoveur to join ACN?, when did u become an ACN solidaritist?  grin grin grin

Stand by BB till the end, Please.  grin grin grin
Re: Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer by NGVOICE: 7:59pm On Apr 11, 2011
BB2011 is'nt the right choice 4 Nigeria Buhari or Bakare , vote the candidate that will win to deliver the dividend of democracy GEJ, CPC is doing well but will loose April 16th Presidential election.The winner is , but it will not be CPC.
Re: Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer by rainbowman: 8:41pm On Apr 11, 2011
Just when I was being sold on the idea of Buhari-for-President, the retired general comes to Lagos to remind me of one more thing I have against him – not having the humility to say “I’m sorry” when he should.

Those two heart-melting words were all that were needed when Buhari faced the need to explain why his military government terminated the Lagos metro-line project which the civilian government of action-governor Lateef Jakande had initiated to ease transportation within Lagos and environs; and with it termination of the hope of millions of Lagos people and the west for an advancement in infrastructural standard.

Instead, an unyielding Buhari was pontificating bulls--t about wanting to limit the country’s borrowing as his Federal Govt was asked to guarantee the external loan for the project.

I say, without fear of contradiction, Buhari and his govt wouldn’t have dared cancel such a project were it in the north. And we could be guided to this opinion if we remember but two aspects of his regime where evenness was called for and Buhari and his government were found wanting. One was the preferential and deferential treatment meted to Alhaji Shehu Shagari, the head of the civilian government that Buhari and his junta ousted on the grounds of incompetence and corruption, whilst Shagari's vice, gentleman Dr. Alex Ekwueme, was treated most shabbily and unfairly. The other being the infamous 53-suitcase saga involving the Emir of Gwandu, suitcases reportedly loaded with foreign exchange imported at a time Buhari was jailing Fela Anikulapo-Kuti for bringing in his legitimate earnings from his overseas performance. There are several other instances but we pause.

Not only was the "Metroline Project" a sealed deal, cancellation of it brought substantial penalty unto the Lagos State government and the Buhari's Federal Military Government when they were taken to court by the foreign contractor who sought damages for the default. So, all considered, were I Buhari I would have said: “In retrospect, it was a myopic and regrettable step we took. I am sorry.”

No, not Buhari, not only was the military govt he headed lacking in intellect and visionary ideals, their retrogression beggars belief. How would any govt, even a military one, pass a law, give its contravention death penalty and make it retroactive enough to murder three young Nigerians whose offense did not carry death penalty at the time of its commission?

Apologise? No, not Buhari, on his high horse, hiding under some bogus collective responsibility!

Well, I tell him something, it is the mark of a great leader to apologise for actions that offend commonsense. “I’m sorry” adds to the man, it does not subtract!

You set a people back 50 years and you’re not sorry? Pssshhh.

posted on 04-11-2011, 07:21:19 AM
Tunde Fagbenle
Gen
Re: Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer by opalu: 9:34pm On Apr 11, 2011
Sarahluv:

PDP looks more likely to win. They will surely take the SS and the SE, get more than 30% of votes in the SW, win NC and most of NE. NW is the only area PDP will not make appreciable progress in the North

U R NOT ONLY NAIVE BUT ALSO IGNORANT
PEOPLE LIKE YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW THE ELECTORAL PROCESS AND DYNAMICS GOES FOR PRESIDENTIAL.

THE TRUTH IS THAT THE NORTH-WEST ALONE WILL SWALLOW YOUR SW AND SS.
Re: Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer by hbrednic: 9:42pm On Apr 11, 2011
I FEEL SORRY 4 CPC grin
Re: Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer by vedaxcool(m): 9:48pm On Apr 11, 2011
FOOLS live in the past! the wise live today!

A vote for GEJ is a vote for the Donkey brain OBJ!
Re: Cpc Lost Nass, But Presidential May Be Closer by recoome(m): 10:08pm On Apr 11, 2011
I dey laff o! PDP sweeps kano, kebbi, sokoto, jigawa, gets 1 senatorial seat in kaduna & zamfara each, gets 2 reps seat in katsina, what is left in the NW 4 CPC? If u pple are saying that the PDP won becos it's "musa vs musa", then why did the musa in CPC in katsina & kaduna(north) defeat the musa in the PDP & ANPP? I hope the CPC people have seen that crowds and stone-pelting does not win elections? Also PDP swept taraba, adamawa, gombe, borno, majority of bauchi & 2 reps seats yobe. In that election, ANPP was the main challenger 2 the PDP. I thought they(bb supporters) said they have dominated the entire north? Buhari & the loud mouthed bakare must be in total shock by now!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Has A Rented Flat In London - Premium Times & Shehu Garba (PRO) / One Thing Igbos Are Yet To Understand And "May" Never Understand! / Gov. Akeredolu Arrives The Assembly Complex For Ondo Budget 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.