Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Buratai: Nigerians Are Not Appreciative; I Was Ambushed 3 Times By Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buratai: Nigerians Are Not Appreciative; I Was Ambushed 3 Times By Boko Haram (33204 Views)

An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife / Soldier Lay Curses On Buratai After Being Ambushed By Boko Haram (Video) / Olusegun Adeniyi Ambushed By Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buratai: Nigerians Are Not Appreciative; I Was Ambushed 3 Times By Boko Haram by gistsmill04: 11:08pm On Feb 27, 2021
Ex-Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai (retd), on Saturday, said the effort to contain insurgents by the Army under his command was not appreciated by Nigerians.

The ex-Army boss spoke in Kuta, Osun State, at an interdenominational prayer organised for him by Olowu of Kuta, Oba Adekunle Oyelude, held in the Olowu’s palace.

Represented by two of his coursemates, Major Daniel Banjo (retd) and Wing Commander Mamman Yusuf (retd.), Buratai, who spoke through Banjo, said three times he was ambushed while battling insurgents.

He then assured the community of continued relationship and support even after exiting the Army.

“At the war front, many things happened and Nigerians are not appreciative. Three times I was ambushed and jumped into the bush with my men and engaged the insurgents. My relationship with Olowu of Kuta is divine,” Buratai said.

In his remarks, Olowu of Kuta, Oba Oyelude, said the people of the community would remain grateful to Buratai for the assistance he rendered towards the completion of a bridge linking the community to Ede.

Oba Oyelude said, “For decades, several prominent political officeholders have tried to help us construct Ede/Kuta Bridge, but they could not, but on bringing the request before Lt. General Buratai, he granted it and ensure it was built.

“This is enough achievement for me as a monarch. The bridge is almost a hundred years and now the communities in this area have been linked and the villagers are now liberated.

“My support for the army was borne out of the fact that Buratai is a detribalised Nigerian and the most humane to serve as Army boss. The nation can only enjoy peace if we support the army to succeed in its quest to battle insecurity irrespective of who is in control.”

Prayers were offered for the ex-Army boss by Muslim and Christian clerics at the event attended by dignitaries from within and outside Osun State.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/nigerians-unappreciative-of-military-efforts-to-contain-insurgency-buratai/%3famp=1

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buratai: Nigerians Are Not Appreciative; I Was Ambushed 3 Times By Boko Haram by GamalNasser: 11:11pm On Feb 27, 2021
GTFOH

357 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Buratai: Nigerians Are Not Appreciative; I Was Ambushed 3 Times By Boko Haram by capatainrambo: 11:12pm On Feb 27, 2021
See this fool grin

356 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Buratai: Nigerians Are Not Appreciative; I Was Ambushed 3 Times By Boko Haram by Racoon(m): 11:14pm On Feb 27, 2021
grin Audio! Reversed psychology.To serve Nigeria as a BH frontman is not by force you hear.A failed and the worst of all COASs self glorifying himself.

182 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buratai: Nigerians Are Not Appreciative; I Was Ambushed 3 Times By Boko Haram by chatinent: 11:17pm On Feb 27, 2021
Same people you said were destroyed?

Shame.

168 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buratai: Nigerians Are Not Appreciative; I Was Ambushed 3 Times By Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:20pm On Feb 27, 2021
So bleeding whattt?? You for kpai sef , youre one of the biggest mistakes that has ever happened in this country undecided angry

190 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buratai: Nigerians Are Not Appreciative; I Was Ambushed 3 Times By Boko Haram by habsydiamond(m): 11:27pm On Feb 27, 2021
U sure say na boko harams ambush u dey talk or boyscot ambush... Pesin wey be coward won try make dem pity am. When we don know he no even reach war front for sambisa.. Na chicken and suya he dey chop upandan when those soldiers wey left with toy rifles to combat assorted guns.. I pity this con3 again

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buratai: Nigerians Are Not Appreciative; I Was Ambushed 3 Times By Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:55pm On Feb 27, 2021
People are correct when they say nigeria is a zoo. Imagine the head of the army saying this. so they people have congratulate u for wasting their tax payers money in a fake fight against insurgents. and then all also tell u sorry for running away when confronted by the monster u made.

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buratai: Nigerians Are Not Appreciative; I Was Ambushed 3 Times By Boko Haram by Sonoyom(m): 12:10am On Feb 28, 2021
Appreciative for what exactly?
Maybe we should appreciate you for receiving bogus salaries and bonuses sitting in the comfort of Abuja whilst young men who earn less than 60k in the worst condition of service are faced with constant ambush and bombardment from terrorists in the Northeast.
Maybe we should be appreciative for the houses in Dubai you saved to purchase.
Maybe we should be appreciative of the role you played in the massacre of members of the Shi'ite Islamic sect.
Or maybe we should be appreciative for being the head of the military that shot it's citizens on oct 20 2020 while they are 'Japaring' from bandits and killer herders.

Oga go and enjoy your loots and worldly possessions and stop disturbing us with what is tormenting you. If you succeeded as COAS you won't be needing this campaign.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buratai: Nigerians Are Not Appreciative; I Was Ambushed 3 Times By Boko Haram by Nobody: 12:30am On Feb 28, 2021
Eyaa.

You were ambushed three times why didn't you inform the chief of army staff because that's why they get multi billion budget since 2015

9 Likes

Re: Buratai: Nigerians Are Not Appreciative; I Was Ambushed 3 Times By Boko Haram by Khayceeofficial(m): 3:04am On Feb 28, 2021
You were ambushed three times and they did not kill your sorry arse?

Werey dhe disguise like say the useless military strong to Don resist ambush

Welcome to Nigeria,
The only country that calls terrorists, bandits

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buratai: Nigerians Are Not Appreciative; I Was Ambushed 3 Times By Boko Haram by Randy111(m): 3:10am On Feb 28, 2021
My God must punish buratai. When we were shouting at you to resign and you forced yourself to stay yet you want us to appreciate you. It will never be well with you

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buratai: Nigerians Are Not Appreciative; I Was Ambushed 3 Times By Boko Haram by Optional09: 3:37am On Feb 28, 2021
Who is this one, we know what Buhari used you for. The Lands you forcefully removed people from through mass murder and settle Fulani’s in will latter be recovered in the future. The descendants of the indigenes of that land are regrouping and they will come back for their properties.

Terrorist in uniforms

19 Likes

Re: Buratai: Nigerians Are Not Appreciative; I Was Ambushed 3 Times By Boko Haram by Olatunji1929: 3:52am On Feb 28, 2021
a useless army General like you should have been killed in those ambush,very useless general that couldn't go to his home town without the support of half of Nigeria army

12 Likes

Re: Buratai: Nigerians Are Not Appreciative; I Was Ambushed 3 Times By Boko Haram by StaffofOrayan(m): 5:11am On Feb 28, 2021
During your very useless tenure, you killed more civilians than insurgents

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buratai: Nigerians Are Not Appreciative; I Was Ambushed 3 Times By Boko Haram by Sirjamo: 5:33am On Feb 28, 2021
Anyone can say any rubbish, Buratai was the army chief that brought peace to Maiduguri and many other cities and now Maiduguri is back to being attacked successfully.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buratai: Nigerians Are Not Appreciative; I Was Ambushed 3 Times By Boko Haram by backnbeta(f): 5:42am On Feb 28, 2021
And they spared you? They are mad undecided

16 Likes

Re: Buratai: Nigerians Are Not Appreciative; I Was Ambushed 3 Times By Boko Haram by nsiba: 5:54am On Feb 28, 2021
gistsmill04:
Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai, rtd, the immediate past Chief of Army Staff, has narrated how he was ambushed by Boko Haram on three occasions as COAS and had to escape being killed.

The former COAS said this while lamenting that all the army did to contain the terrorists under his command was not appreciated by Nigerians.

Buratai said this on Saturday in Kuta, Osun State, at an interdenominational prayer organised for him by Olowu of Kuta, Oba Adekunle Oyelude.

The former army boss was represented at the occasion by Major Daniel Banjo (retd) and Wing Commander Mamman Yusuf (retd.), two of his course mates. He spoke through Banjo.

At the war front, many things happened and Nigerians are not appreciative. Three times I was ambushed and jumped into the bush with my men and engaged the insurgents. My relationship with Olowu of Kuta is divine,” Buratai said.

Recall that ex-service chiefs, Gen Abayomi G. Olonisakin (Rtd ), Lt Gen Tukur Y. Buratai (Rtd), Vice Admiral Ibok-Ete Ibas (Rtd), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar (Rtd), and Air Vice Marshal Mohammed S. Usman (Rtd), resigned their positions as the country’s security heads last week.

However, President Muhammadu Buhari immediately nominated the them as non-career ambassadors.

They were during the week confirmed as non-career ambassadors by the Senate

https://www.ngtimes.net/2021/02/nigerians-appreciative-ambushed-3-times-boko-haram-buratai.html

Stupid useless fool

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buratai: Nigerians Are Not Appreciative; I Was Ambushed 3 Times By Boko Haram by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:22am On Feb 28, 2021
We appreciate jare. Can't you see us smiling.
But you too, you don't appreciate all Nigeria did for you in the name of BH.
Now you own snakes and a house in Dubai among other things.

8 Likes

Re: Buratai: Nigerians Are Not Appreciative; I Was Ambushed 3 Times By Boko Haram by Monogamy: 6:24am On Feb 28, 2021
If you had done your work effectively as COAS, you wouldn't have been ambushed in the first place

11 Likes

Re: Buratai: Nigerians Are Not Appreciative; I Was Ambushed 3 Times By Boko Haram by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:25am On Feb 28, 2021
Sirjamo:
Anyone can say any rubbish, Buratai was the army chief that brought peace to Maiduguri and many other cities and now Maiduguri is back to being attacked successfully.
You actually have a point. But you also need to realise that Borno is not just Maiduguri. Besides that, it's still early days with the new guys. You should know that BH will increase their attacks in the early days to rattle the new guys and turn public perception against them. It's for them to strike back hot in response.
Let's give them some time.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buratai: Nigerians Are Not Appreciative; I Was Ambushed 3 Times By Boko Haram by heniford2: 7:16am On Feb 28, 2021
why dem no kill you nii e 4 beta so

4 Likes

Re: Buratai: Nigerians Are Not Appreciative; I Was Ambushed 3 Times By Boko Haram by limeta(f): 7:17am On Feb 28, 2021
Three times ?
Where and when

You lie
With all that you did for them
Why will they do that
Now tell us the truth

7 Likes

Re: Buratai: Nigerians Are Not Appreciative; I Was Ambushed 3 Times By Boko Haram by Tulsaguy: 7:18am On Feb 28, 2021
He became richer and wealthier at the time of resignation.

Ole of a general. This one na jenera no be general. We sabi Generals when we see them.

Jegudujera of a jenera

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buratai: Nigerians Are Not Appreciative; I Was Ambushed 3 Times By Boko Haram by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:34am On Feb 28, 2021
And they kill your men and left you.
1st, 2nd and 3rd time.
They armbushed you or you went to the bush to give them instructions.
See this one o.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buratai: Nigerians Are Not Appreciative; I Was Ambushed 3 Times By Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 28, 2021
Those Bokoharam boys are failures angry

3 Likes

Re: Buratai: Nigerians Are Not Appreciative; I Was Ambushed 3 Times By Boko Haram by DaInferno(m): 8:40am On Feb 28, 2021
gistsmill04:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/nigerians-unappreciative-of-military-efforts-to-contain-insurgency-buratai/%3famp=1
ka tswar na! he should tell that to the soldiers and bereaved families. that way, him go know say him own na play!

1 Like

Re: Buratai: Nigerians Are Not Appreciative; I Was Ambushed 3 Times By Boko Haram by Igboarecriminal(f): 8:40am On Feb 28, 2021
Tru
Re: Buratai: Nigerians Are Not Appreciative; I Was Ambushed 3 Times By Boko Haram by iyanumiv(m): 8:41am On Feb 28, 2021
KUNTINU
Re: Buratai: Nigerians Are Not Appreciative; I Was Ambushed 3 Times By Boko Haram by EmekaBlue(m): 8:41am On Feb 28, 2021
Sharaap

Just keep quiet and go hide your face at your snake farm

3 Likes

Re: Buratai: Nigerians Are Not Appreciative; I Was Ambushed 3 Times By Boko Haram by gr8child(m): 8:41am On Feb 28, 2021
Results. We wanted results. Not shalaye. That’s how it’s done in every responsible government around the world.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Saraki And His Beautiful Wife In Kwara State, Welcomed By Massive Crowd (Photos) / Boko Haram Commander Says Release Of Chibok Girls Involved A Prisoner Swap / NDDC: Akpabio Names Orji Kalu, Uduaghan, James Ibori In Contract Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.