Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community (41404 Views)

Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools / Nigeria, 5 Other West African Countries Condemn Renaming Of CFA Franc To ECO / June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by wallay77(m): 2:14pm On Mar 01, 2021
igboarenice:
May Allah keep anybody that say anything bad about Islam or attribute this little tiff among indigene to Fulanis away from HIS mercy
U are telling God what to do....lol
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by JaffyJoe(m): 2:14pm On Mar 01, 2021
Juliusmalema:
Yorubaland is religiously a muslim community

So it may not be out of context if the Muslims community are just trying re-assert their influence again..

By the way Oyo state is predominantly a muslim state..

Let the Muslims tell us when Islam arrived that community?

Christians should tell us when Christianity reached there?

That will put the issue to rest.

Shut up with your concocted bullshit. You people just pull crappy statistics out of your a$$. Ode said majority.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by ThatFairGuy: 2:16pm On Mar 01, 2021
Foodqueen:

Thank you very much.
Don't thank him for twisted Story, if you can't read yourself, you've been fooled by his twisted narrative
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by Alvin007: 2:17pm On Mar 01, 2021
complexBoss12:
For those who need summary;

our holy brothers from the religion of peace decided to rename a village and it's street from Oke-Ayo(Mountain of Happiness) to "Medina area" and all. The Christian neighbors said NO WAY and renamed it "Jerusalem area"

The village Chief said ok, sheath your swords let's rename it locally to Ifelodun, but it led to crisis and protest. The Christians want peace and are ready to settle, the Muslims are maintaining their stand.

In the main time, our Muslim brothers have decided neither to buy or sell to Christians, so as to punish them for not accepting the name change.

In conclusion the matter dey court.

modified: Nigerians are such funny people. Pls anyone should take time and read this and see if I twisted the story in anyway, when you are done, pls quote me with summary let me see. Besides I am neither a Christian nor a Muslim.
Fixed!

1 Like

Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by FatherCHRISTMAS(f): 2:18pm On Mar 01, 2021
my People fighting over irrelevant things

1 Like

Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by bolkay4: 2:19pm On Mar 01, 2021
SoBright101:
One of the reason Africa won't develop is religion. You can't imagine fighting yourself over naming a street after what is not indigenous to your history, culture or tradition.
You even rejected a very nice name by the Bale "Ifelodun" for galilee or medina that does not in any way relate to your origin.

Is this not mental slavery
It is mental slavery.
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by lagonovo: 2:20pm On Mar 01, 2021
Ogun Lakaaye Avenue loading....
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by ThatFairGuy: 2:22pm On Mar 01, 2021
seniormallam:
Before reading I know who must have started the crisis, always looking for ways to cause mayhem, if no be madness, a community that is dominated by both religion, you just woke up and renamed it Medina, the kind of evil spirit that posse's these people is not a small something
If this was what you understand from the post, I can categorically say YOU FAILED COMPRESSION IN YOUR WAEC. You lack assimilation
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by Walehelt(m): 2:23pm On Mar 01, 2021
our eyes go open one day

just one day
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by complexBoss12: 2:26pm On Mar 01, 2021
MinCeteris:

What a lopsided summary.

You are not even addressing the real issue because of your bigot for religion.

Is not a shame that in our own land, some groups are fighting to rename our local area: Jerusalem, Medina, Galilee and Calavry?

Shame on you for not being able to identify the real issue here.
I always ignore mentions, but let's just talk a little

who renamed the street first??

2 Likes

Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by LLMG: 2:27pm On Mar 01, 2021
religion was not brought to the north abi, hypocrite, GOD is not biased.
venger:
We were all human before the white brought religion.
God bless the northern oligarchs.
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by LLMG: 2:31pm On Mar 01, 2021
read again then you will find out those who refused to accept ifelodun.
alexola20:
They are all MAD people.

If "IFELODUN" is not good enough for either of them,the should go to hell.
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by Bestbeelieve: 2:33pm On Mar 01, 2021
Monogamy:
Religion is a scam
The oyibo wey bring am brain wash dem sef no even send d religion thing again!!!! meanwhile d blacks don forget wetin dey work for dem b4! wahala dey o!
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by Opengates(m): 2:35pm On Mar 01, 2021
igboarenice:
May Allah keep anybody that say anything bad about Islam or attribute this little tiff among indigene to Fulanis away from HIS mercy

You see your life?

Do you think God is a fool?

Keep wallowing in sin simply because you are keeping the tenet of a religion brewing chaos in the world over, you better run, REPENT, FORSAKE sin and accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour before it is too late.

Do you think God will allow those who hate their brothers without just cause in His heaven because you are equated to murderer which is your lifestyle now for all to see worldwide. Ki la gbe, ki la ju, ti won ti bere si se epe. (Instantly you were quick to start cursing, uhnnn, religion of peace indeed).

The way of peace you don't know. God, the custodian of mercy is not like you.
Read John 8 Vs 21 - 24
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by AntiHate: 2:35pm On Mar 01, 2021
Juliusmalema:
Yorubaland is religiously a muslim community

So it may not be out of context if the Muslims community are just trying re-assert their influence again..

By the way Oyo state is predominantly a muslim state..

Let the Muslims tell us when Islam arrived that community?

Christians should tell us when Christianity reached there?

That will put the issue to rest.
Come and paint my mansion
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by LLMG: 2:36pm On Mar 01, 2021
why can't your muslim brothers accept ifelodun. no one wants to be imposed on.
Neowanskywalker:
am a muslim and u spoke my mind. As if naming it either of the name mean7 una no go practise ur religion
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by SeriouslySense(m): 2:36pm On Mar 01, 2021
like very very
GodHatesBigots:
My African people are DUMB !!!
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by sharone21(f): 2:39pm On Mar 01, 2021
Countries like Cameroon, Ghana, Benin/Cotonou no dey talk religious crisis, na the giant of Africa?
This must stop.
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by HISSCRIBE1995: 2:41pm On Mar 01, 2021
The Christians should keep their stance, and must never allow injustice to happen.

This people want domination at all cost.

2 Likes

Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by Galadimabawa: 2:44pm On Mar 01, 2021
complexBoss12:

our holy brothers from the religion of peace decided to rename a village and it's street to "Medina area" and all. The Christian neighbors said NO WAY and renamed it "Jerusalem area"

The village Chief said ok, sheath your swords let's rename it locally to Ifelodun, but it led to crisis and protest. The Christians want peace and are ready to settle, the Muslims are maintaining their stand.

In the main time, our Muslim brothers have decided neither to buy or sell to Christians, so as to punish them for not accepting the name change.

modified: Nigerians are such funny people. Pls anyone should take time and read this and see if I twisted the story in anyway, when you are done, pls quote me with summary let me see. Besides I am neither a Christian nor a Muslim.

The only reason my tone shows that I support the Christians is that I don't see why the Muslims in the first place will decide to rename a historical place ( a heritage), to reflect their religion. o wrong nau
Thanks u sir, I no fit read that long things.

1 Like

Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by tamunobello: 2:47pm On Mar 01, 2021
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by sojfarm: 2:52pm On Mar 01, 2021
igboarenice:

Alaaaaa has no peace!!!!!

So it can not give what it does not have.

Get the peace from the Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God. The way, the truth and the light. Give your darkness to him to received light which is the life of men

1 Like

Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by sunnychibs(m): 2:53pm On Mar 01, 2021
Aaa
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by sunnyphem(m): 2:58pm On Mar 01, 2021
Those Boko Haram always like trouble

1 Like

Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by Blackdisciple(m): 3:02pm On Mar 01, 2021
hmm Back then I remember the 2001 Jos crisis we named our area "The new Jerusalem"

1 Like

Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by LLMG: 3:03pm On Mar 01, 2021
putting stamps on their houses so that when their killer brothers come they can differentiate between a Christian and a muslims. these people have wickedness in their veins, it doesn't matter which part of the globe they come from.

3 Likes

Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by Oyinlomobambam(m): 3:04pm On Mar 01, 2021
Stupid thing we read everyday, why changing name of street in the first place?

But seriously, they are both stupid and don't know what else to fight for
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by Nobody: 3:05pm On Mar 01, 2021
When you host them they wait for sometime to take over.

2 Likes

Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by SoBright101: 3:10pm On Mar 01, 2021
Which western country put religion on head more than technology like Africa?

LLMG:
religion has nothing to do with underdevelopment, with great presence of religion western countries developed. religion didn't stop them.
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 01, 2021
complexBoss12:

our holy brothers from the religion of peace decided to rename a village and it's street to "Medina area" and all. The Christian neighbors said NO WAY and renamed it "Jerusalem area"

The only reason my tone shows that I support the Christians is that I don't see why the Muslims in the first place will decide to rename a historical place ( a heritage), to reflect their religion. o wrong nau
Muslims are always the agressors seeking subjugation

1 Like

Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by Plusstreet(m): 3:15pm On Mar 01, 2021
Oh! What a wicked world. See how Britain and fulani has divided brothers for easy milking. My people, you breath in and breath out God's spirit, you either refine it by studying, knowing his principles and abiding by it or you deaden it by laziness and living contrary to his spirit thereby becoming prey to those who use God's name for enterprise. Worship of God is personal and going against this will only bring chaos just as in tower of babel saga. Organized religion is not Godly. The sea of blood it has generated and Yeshua's example of letting go even after feeding thousands is a proof.

1 Like

Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by Pyhonist: 3:15pm On Mar 01, 2021
Commonguy:
summary abeg

The summary is there already or do you still need the summary of the summary...no go comment mumu comments here o read and learn abeg cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

INEC: APC, PDP Senators Move To Stop Lauretta Onochie's Nomination / Video: Buhari On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Hot Seat / Murtala Gwarmai Shares Donkeys To Empower Youths In Kano State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.