Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,236 members, 7,836,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community (41399 Views)

Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools / Nigeria, 5 Other West African Countries Condemn Renaming Of CFA Franc To ECO / June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by toye440: 6:12pm On Mar 01, 2021
fulani religion.
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by etrouble: 6:14pm On Mar 01, 2021
Danzakidakura:
We told them before now, but they said no religious differences in SW. Muslims are like Vipers destroy them completely if not they will come with sweet mouth of peace. Now they are renaming towns in your region but you are busy fighting your brothers from the East.

What your forefathers tried and they ended up in the grave, it is the same thing you are dreaming of. Definitely, you want to be unfortunate like those before you.
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by ThatFairGuy: 6:41pm On Mar 01, 2021
Thelife:

see this hopeless troll, why should the two sign post be erected when the king and the government have already told them to remove it? the Christian remove there own so what's stopping your terrorist brothers from doing the same if not that they are looking for trouble, they even go to the extent of telling there followers not to buy and sell from the Christian.

smile, when did you have right to call your street any name you want? seems you people have started smoking weed.
You're an insect. Get a life as you name implies
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by Tochj(m): 6:57pm On Mar 01, 2021
So they want to throw away a beautiful indigenous name for a foreign name they can't explain the meaning?
They need to listen to MNK broadcast for brain resetting asap.
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by poseidon12: 7:04pm On Mar 01, 2021
igboarenice:
May Allah keep anybody that say anything bad about Islam or attribute this little tiff among indigene to Fulanis away from HIS mercy

Keep quiet.
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by EteBabaagba222(m): 7:07pm On Mar 01, 2021
Govt should as a matter of urgency cancel both Christianity and Islamic religions in Nigeria. All places of worship should be demolished and used for factories,schools and stadium. The day Nigeria see themselves as humans not as Christians and Muslims our problems will be solved.

1 Like

Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by Adau123(m): 8:31pm On Mar 01, 2021
complexBoss12:
For those who need summary;

our holy brothers from the religion of peace decided to rename a village and it's street to "Medina area" and all. The Christian neighbors said NO WAY and renamed it "Jerusalem area"

The village Chief said ok, sheath your swords let's rename it locally to Ifelodun, but it led to crisis and protest. The Christians want peace and are ready to settle, the Muslims are maintaining their stand.

In the main time, our Muslim brothers have decided neither to buy or sell to Christians, so as to punish them for not accepting the name change.

In conclusion the matter dey court.

modified: Nigerians are such funny people. Pls anyone should take time and read this and see if I twisted the story in anyway, when you are done, pls quote me with summary let me see. Besides I am neither a Christian nor a Muslim.

The only reason my tone shows that I support the Christians is that I don't see why the Muslims in the first place will decide to rename a historical place ( a heritage), to reflect their religion. o wrong nau
Check or inquire very well a Hausa Muslim must be the instigator of the issue,l know they're behind that ideology.
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by alexola20(m): 8:43pm On Mar 01, 2021
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by BobbieZion(m): 9:05pm On Mar 01, 2021
Juliusmalema:
Yorubaland is religiously a muslim community

So it may not be out of context if the Muslims community are just trying re-assert their influence again..

By the way Oyo state is predominantly a muslim state..

Let the Muslims tell us when Islam arrived that community?

Christians should tell us when Christianity reached there?

That will put the issue to rest.

I knew you where not going to say anything more sensible than this.

Am I wrong,Osy Marshall?
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by BENEAMATA: 12:03am On Mar 02, 2021
The movie , KINDOM OF HEAVEN
after jerusalem fell to the 100,000 strong muslim army ,

Belian ; " what is jerusalem worth ? ".

Salah' deen ; " nothing " ! ( he starts walking away from the vanquished but heroic belian , then turns back and say - )
Salah'deen ; " every thing " !
I'll advice those oke ogun community fighting for the mighty God that , as Belian said in the kingdom of heaven movie , the kingdom of God is in your hearts . Leave holy holy for pastors and imams , shikena .
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by smallsmall: 1:31am On Mar 02, 2021
igboarenice:
May Allah keep anybody that say anything bad about Islam or attribute this little tiff among indigene to Fulanis away from HIS mercy

You see what we are saying?
Yoruba Muslims are the problem of the South West. From Osun state, to Kwara State to Oyo State, na dem dem angry
This one is already swearing as if anyone needs the PISS of his Allah
. grin grin

Everywhere you see Islam, you will see Strife!
WHY?

I know you call it Religion of Piss Peace but the taste of a fruit, is in the Eating.

"Every Good Tree will bear a Good fruit and every Bad Tree will bear Rotten Fruits and must be cut down and burnt in the fire" - Holy Bible
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by betshopagent(m): 3:30am On Mar 02, 2021
backnbeta:
In all honesty, I envy the kind of religious peace and cooperation that exists in the SE undecided
They wud label u IPOB
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by hansomb: 4:10am On Mar 02, 2021
Africa why. There's a US base named after Bin Laden. Does that stops the American from fighting terrorism ? Fighting among your self until the enemies round all of you up. There's a street called Church street in Kano.
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by Insectkiller: 5:46am On Mar 02, 2021
Nonsensical..

Op next
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by Thelife: 6:40am On Mar 02, 2021
ThatFairGuy:
You're an insect. Get a life as you name implies
your father, oloriburuku gbogbo, omo eru.
why don't you answer my questions.

1 Like

Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by MICHEALADEX(m): 6:41am On Mar 02, 2021
igboarenice:

You must be very m : a d why do your people like violence...see the approach alone...always ready to behead
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by Thelife: 6:41am On Mar 02, 2021
Bnladan:
Fvck off bigot.
Your father. olofo omo eru.
guess who is calling someone a bigot.
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by ThatFairGuy: 6:48am On Mar 02, 2021
Thelife:

your father, oloriburuku gbogbo, omo eru.
why don't you answer my questions.
You lack home ethics. your parent FAILED
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by LincolnLynn(m): 7:14am On Mar 02, 2021
The area should just be named DINASALEM and put an end to all this fuckery..We've got bigger fish to fry..
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by Myer(m): 7:18am On Mar 02, 2021
complexBoss12:

our holy brothers from the religion of peace decided to rename a village and it's street to "Medina area" and all. The Christian neighbors said NO WAY and renamed it "Jerusalem area"

The village Chief said ok, sheath your swords let's rename it locally to Ifelodun, but it led to crisis and protest. The Christians want peace and are ready to settle, the Muslims are maintaining their stand.

In the main time, our Muslim brothers have decided neither to buy or sell to Christians, so as to punish them for not accepting the name change.

modified: Nigerians are such funny people. Pls anyone should take time and read this and see if I twisted the story in anyway, when you are done, pls quote me with summary let me see. Besides I am neither a Christian nor a Muslim.

The only reason my tone shows that I support the Christians is that I don't see why the Muslims in the first place will decide to rename a historical place ( a heritage), to reflect their religion. o wrong nau

The reason why your tone exposed you is because you're a Christian.

But that's by the way.
The more cogent point here is that the said location would be a peaceful place had it not been for religion and its divisive nature.

When you do your research and realise that religion is responsible for some of the greatest battles, wars and genocide the world has ever known, you'll humbly denounce any form of religion.

Worse still when your religion claims to be a religion of peace like Islam or a religion of love like Christianity.
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by Bnladan(m): 9:54am On Mar 02, 2021
Thelife:

Your father. olofo omo eru.

guess who is calling someone a bigot.
Screw ur papa, son of a biitch. I can do this all day ewu
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by Raypawer(m): 11:32am On Mar 02, 2021
looollll.... religion of peace indeed...

complexBoss12:

Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by SoBright101: 3:24pm On Mar 02, 2021
Nothing like Yoruba muslim or igbo catholic. It's just a political game "divide n rule"
Apply your senses, stop being a fuul.

smallsmall:

You see what we are saying?
Yoruba Muslims are the problem of the South West. From Osun state, to Kwara State to Oyo State, na dem dem angry
This one is already swearing as if anyone needs the PISS of his Allah
. grin grin

Everywhere you see Islam, you will see Strife!
WHY?

I know you call it Religion of Piss Peace but the taste of a fruit, is in the Eating.

"Every Good Tree will bear a Good fruit and every Bad Tree will bear Rotten Fruits and must be cut down and burnt in the fire" - Holy Bible
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by LLMG: 1:38pm On Mar 03, 2021
not important indeed, thats how taking over begins, today its an area, tomorrow it will be local govt, the next it will be state. what you don't want, don't encourage or tolerate it. resist it.
alexola20:
I definitely understood the text.You know I try to live as peaceful as any reasonable human being can be.
Who cares what name an area,a street or a town bears as long as it doesn't change anything.
Why bringing fight into something not really important.
I say again they are all MADDER!!
It's just painful that they are Yorubas. Because I believe there's religious tolerance among our people.
And you know what many of them will still go "ibile" when the need arises.So who is fooling who?
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by smallsmall: 3:38pm On Mar 03, 2021
SoBright101:
Nothing like Yoruba muslim or igbo catholic. It's just a political game "divide n rule"
Apply your senses, stop being a fuul.

See what we are saying, you are just an example of the virulent, fanatical and idiotic Yoruba Muslim Slaves we are talking about.

Ofcourse, Igbo is are mostly Catholic but Yoruba Muslims are th eproblem of the SW with their Slave mentality to the Northerners
Re: Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community by SoBright101: 4:24pm On Mar 03, 2021
I hope you are alright?

smallsmall:

See what we are saying, you are just an example of the virulent, fanatical and idiotic Yoruba Muslim Slaves we are talking about.

Ofcourse, Igbo is are mostly Catholic but Yoruba Muslims are th eproblem of the SW with their Slave mentality to the Northerners

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How G-5 Governors, Other PDP Leaders Stand On Presidential Choice / Boko Haram Soldiers Abandon Masters, Bury Weapons In Forest – Army / Buhari’s 2nd Term Will Consume Tinubu, Break Nigeria – Iyorchia Ayu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.