Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) (19646 Views)

Benin Ore Road During OBJ Admin And GEJ Admin (pic) / Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! / The Benin-Lagos Expressway Has Finally Been Fixed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by PapaBrowne(m): 12:18am On Apr 12, 2011
I travelled on Benin- Ore road this past week and I was beyond impressed. The reconstruction of the road is virtually complete (just a few kilometres left) and majority of the bad spots are gone. The whole road is been totally resurfaced and the work is so well done.  I was beyond impressed at the work been done there!!
It took me about 3 hrs exact from Benin to Lagos. That is a journey that 6 months ago would have taken you at least 10 hrs on a good day and maybe 2 days on a very bad day!!

I have to give Jonathan credit for ensuring that this road that used to be a death trap is finally being fixed. Interestingly, Work on the Warri Port Harcourt road has accelerated and the quality is also very impressive. These two projects have shown that this country is moving forward under Joanthan's government.

If you have traveled this road recently, please tell us your experience!! Thanks

1 Share

Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by bashr4: 12:25am On Apr 12, 2011
if its true then GEJ is really a man of his words
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by ektbear: 12:27am On Apr 12, 2011
You did not take any pictures?
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by precision7: 12:35am On Apr 12, 2011
It took me about 3 hrs exact from Benin to Lagos. That is a journey that 6 months ago would have taken you at least 10 hrs on a good day and maybe 2 days on a very bad day!!

Lmao

It's a good news anyway, at long last, With d nationally accepted conduct of d parliamentary electns plus dis gud news(constructn of dis notorious road), I can't but say; I'm proud of President GEJ.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by xterra2(m): 12:35am On Apr 12, 2011
PapaBrowne:

I travelled on Benin- Ore road this past week and I was beyond impressed. The reconstruction of the road is virtually complete (just a few kilometres left) and majority of the bad spots are gone. The whole road is been totally resurfaced and the work is so well done.  I was beyond impressed at the work been done there!!

I have to give Jonathan credit for ensuring that this road that used to be a death trap is finally being fixed. Interestingly, Work on the Warri Port Harcourt road has accelerated and the quality is also very impressive. These two projects have shown that this country is moving forward under Joanthan's government.

If you have traveled this road recently, please tell us your experience!! Thanks

[size=14pt]I dislike ignorant people, what did he do? he didnt give the contract neither was he the engineer so he really didnt do anything there, like some people were hailing GEJ that he built the railway when he entered in abekuta when it was yaradua that did so [/size]

now am happy, but pls say the truth,

bashr4:

if its true then GEJ is really a man of his words

it is true i believe but GEJ did NOTHING yaradua did

ekt_bear:

yeah was expecting some pics sad
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by PapaBrowne(m): 12:35am On Apr 12, 2011
ekt_bear:

Was in motion, couldn't have taken pictures, but I so badly wanted to.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Beaf: 12:43am On Apr 12, 2011
The way some anti-GEJ peeps are attributing all his good work to Yar Adua, I won't be surprised if the poor Yar Adua gets pissed from the disturbance, rises and gives them some really serious slaps!
Bad bele na killa! grin

It is really encouraging that a vital atery that links the SS, SE and Middle Belt has been given proper attention after so many years of neglect.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by AljUche: 12:45am On Apr 12, 2011
pictures please anyone
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by xterra2(m): 12:55am On Apr 12, 2011
Beaf:

The way some anti-GEJ peeps are attributing all his good work to Yar Adua, I won't be surprised if the poor Yar Adua gets pissed from the disturbance, rises and gives them some really serious slaps!
Bad bele na killa! grin

It is really encouraging that a vital atery that links the SS, SE and Middle Belt has been given proper attention after so many years of neglect.

am just saying the truth

the truth should be told, irrespective of what - you say the truth and u started saying anti-GEJ bullsh.it
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by koruji(m): 1:21am On Apr 12, 2011
This is funny no doubt.

President GEJ deserves some credit, but I have to say he is getting paid back with his own crooked coin. He and his cabinet did not hesitate to tell us that the presidential planes and independence day expenditures were approved under Yar'adua, as if he could not change it if he really wanted to.

What goes around comes around!

Beaf:

Bad bele na killa! grin

Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Kobojunkie: 1:29am On Apr 12, 2011
koruji:

This is funny no doubt.

[size=13pt]President GEJ deserves some credit, but I have to say he is getting paid back with his own crooked coin. He and his cabinet did not hesitate to tell us that the presidential planes and independence day expenditures were approved under Yar'adua, as if he could not change it if he really wanted to.

What goes around comes around!
[/size]

Well duh!! He started all this when he came in pretending he had no hand in anything that Yar adua administration did or worked on.

Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Kilode1: 1:37am On Apr 12, 2011
Did they just resurface the existing two lane dual carriage way or they expanded it like expected? Is it still two lane on each side?

The road linking the East to West deserves more than a mere re-surfacing, please tell me this is an expansion of that road. Or post pictures.

That road deserves at least an 8 lane expansion or a 10 lane one like the Abuja lokoja expansion project, this is the road connecting the economic powerhouses of Nigeria. I refuse to applaud a mere re-surfacing.

[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=$mpMyZYhDodeiN3PejRt_i6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxQCRx$V4R4r4xcy8t9_ys72nW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Nobody: 3:02am On Apr 12, 2011
Kilode?!:

Did they just resurface the existing two lane dual carriage way or they expanded it like expected? Is it still two lane on each side?

That road deserves at least an 8 lane expansion or a 10 lane one like the Abuja lokoja expansion project, this is the road connecting the economic powerhouses of Nigeria. I refuse to applaud a mere re-surfacing.

[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=$mpMyZYhDodeiN3PejRt_i6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxQCRx$V4R4r4xcy8t9_ys72nW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]

well done truth is in naija, we settle for the less when we can get the very best
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by nn5ive: 7:30am On Apr 12, 2011
I dislike ignorant people, what did he do? he didnt give the contract neither was he the engineer so he really didnt do anything there, like some people were hailing GEJ that he built the railway when he entered in abekuta when it was yaradua that did so
@xterra2
I too, I just dont hate ignorant people. They make me want to vomit. What in God's name are you talking about. You think you can come in here and vomit your intestines. eh? You wont give the poor guy credit, yet am sure, if the road was not done, you would have given him the debit. I am even sure, you did the same thing to Yar'adua when he was alive and now you are singing lullaby to his corpse. PISS OFF! You hear me. PISS OFF!
Ignorant, hateful person!
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Pataki: 8:22am On Apr 12, 2011
Kilode?!:

The road linking the East to West deserves more than a mere re-surfacing, please tell me this is an expansion of that road. Or post pictures.

Thank you for posting this picture. So shameful that these pro-GEJ fans would say anything just to satisfy their mischievous interests.

Nigerians know the truth, and the truth will be demonstrated in the voting pattern this Saturday.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by PapaBrowne(m): 8:54am On Apr 12, 2011
Pataki:

Thank you for posting this picture. So shameful that these pro-GEJ fans would say anything just to satisfy their mischievous interests.

Nigerians know the truth, and the truth will be demonstrated in the voting pattern this Saturday.

Pataki, you are not doing your IQ any justice with the comment you've penned. The picture Kilode posted is an old picture. Mr man, if you juxtapose this picture here with what is on ground right now on Benin- Ore road, you would be soo impressed. I said I traveled the road this past week and I know what I saw. I could have snapped pictures but I was in motion and in so much of a hurry. Was in Benin at 4.30pm, got to toll gate around 7.30pm. I will get someone to snap pictures and post then here soon.
That you hate President Jonathan doesn't in anyway take away from the fact that Benin Ore road has been fixed!!!!
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by PapaBrowne(m): 8:56am On Apr 12, 2011
Kilode?!:

Haba Kilode? You know better nooow!! Resurfacing is the first and quick fix solution. That road was a death trap. It needed a quick remedy.
I agree that it needs a a wider road but that would take at least 5 years of construction to put an 8- 10 lane on that road. Lekki Epe which is just 50km and 4 lanes is taking more than forever, talkless of 8 lanes on a 400km (Benin-Lagos) road. The plan I think is to enter a PPP that would make an 8 lane a possibility.

Asides, the plan for the Calabar- Lagos coastal road project and the Calabar Lagos Railway project which when on stream would make the Benin- Ore road less congested. These are some of the reasons why any reasonable person would thumbprint Umblerra for Jonathan come Saturday!!

This Government is doing great things quitely at a very steady pace!!
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Pataki: 8:58am On Apr 12, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Pataki, you are not doing your intelligence any justice with the comment you've penned. The picture Kilode posted is an old picture. Mr man, if you juxtapose this picture here with what is on ground right now on Benin- Ore road, you would be soo impressed. I said I traveled the road this past week and I know what I saw. I could have snapped pictures but I was in motion and in so much of a hurry. Was in Benin at 4.30pm, got to toll gate around 7.30pm. I will get someone to snap pictures and post then here soon.
That you hate President Jonathan doesn't in anyway take away from the fact that Benin Ore road has been fixed!!!!
Kindly post pictures as evidence. You have not done your thread any form of intelligence if there are no pictorial evidences to show for this audacious claim.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 12, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Pataki, you are not doing your intelligence any justice with the comment you've penned. The picture Kilode posted is an old picture. Mr man, if you juxtapose this picture here with what is on ground right now on Benin- Ore road, you would be soo impressed. I said I traveled the road this past week and I know what I saw. I could have snapped pictures but I was in motion and in so much of a hurry. Was in Benin at 4.30pm, got to toll gate around 7.30pm. I will get someone to snap pictures and post then here soon.

And since you do not have any pictures to show, then you clearly are asking for the impossible (asking us to just take your word for it). When you have a "picshure" to show, folks can make up their minds. I have travelled that road many times myself and if truly it's been fixed as you say, then all I can say is  Hallelujah
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Xfactoria: 9:07am On Apr 12, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Papabrowne, I want to corroborate your story, although I don't have pictures too.

I travelled that road twice in January 2011 and each journey from Lagos to Benin took 4hrs. The road was almost completed then and what was left to be done was actually, laying asphalt on the part from Ore to about 20km on the way to Benin after the sub-base had been done with stonebase. As at that time, when you get 20km away from Ore to Benin, you can do 150km/hr! By now, from the rate at which the works were going, I'm sure they will be almost through by now.

Kudos to Jonathan's government because I noticed that works actually started on that road from about July 2010.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by PapaBrowne(m): 9:44am On Apr 12, 2011
^^^^^^
Thanks for your contribution. The road has soo improved. From Benin to the end of Edo state, I think Ofusu is totally done. The few Kilometres left are from the Ondo border to maybe 15 km after, but it has no potholes and they are working intensely!! Yeah, the real increased construction tempo started in July which was just a month after Jonathan took over. The road alone is enough for me to hand him over my votes!!
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 12, 2011
I want to believe this is true been wanting to travel to lagos for some time now, if it as good as said, then i hope to go and return the same day
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Demdem(m): 10:49am On Apr 12, 2011
I travelled on that road also this january and to be honest, construction was ongoing especially when the Oba of Benin i was told insulted the minister in his palace. However i will like to know how much the PDP govt have spent so far on that road since 1999. That road alone isnt enough for me to give him my vote sha.
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Demdem(m): 10:54am On Apr 12, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked

sorry, had to add this post to get to 667. grin grin
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by PapaBrowne(m): 11:03am On Apr 12, 2011
Demdem:

I travelled on that road also this january and to be honest, construction was ongoing especially when the Oba of Benin i was told insulted the minister in his palace. However i will like to know how much the PDP govt have spent so far on that road since 1999. That road alone isnt enough for me to give him my vote sha.

That bolded part is the main point. Jonathan is succeeding where every other PDP government has failed. That is why Jonathan is so popular despite the fact that he is in a failed party. Vote Jonathan and you will experience a new Nigeria!!

Demdem:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

sorry, had to add this post to get to 667. grin grin

Hehehe! Scared of the beast yeah??
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by titsqueez(m): 11:11am On Apr 12, 2011
if this is true, then i may vote for Jonathan. I once witnessed a sight too gory to describe on that road
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Demdem(m): 11:12am On Apr 12, 2011
PapaBrowne:

That bolded part is the main point. Jonathan is succeeding where every other PDP government has failed. That is why Jonathan is so popular despite the fact that he is in a failed party. Vote Jonathan and you will experience a new Nigeria!!

Hehehe! Scared of the beast yeah??

papa,sori i cant. If GEJ was in APGA or ACCORD party, i would have considered him but where he is expect so few from many being expected.
it isnt that PDP has been idle all these years but if you compare their so called achievements to the various resources (monetary and human) at their disposal you will know that we have been heavily robbed. GEJ will only try but he simply cant succeed in that party especially at the federal level.
pele.

how am i even sure it isnt a campaign strategy considering the time this contract was awarded ooo. Just to resurface the whole thing. abegii, leave that tory. Campaign or no campaign, fashola is working, Lagos is working. Why cant Nigeria work that way?
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by Odunnu: 11:17am On Apr 12, 2011
Up umbulerra party!
Up GEJ

1 Like

Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by damola1: 11:20am On Apr 12, 2011
NO OOOO, DAT one na ojoro oh,

Make person no use abakadabra collect my vote, no way!

12years is enough, no plan, last minute do this do that, LETS USE DAT BROOM to sweep dem off, or better still write dem off with da PEN!, lets give another person the chance to prove themselves, a party determines a lot, and Jonathan can only do so much, lets give another person chance,
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by PapaBrowne(m): 11:24am On Apr 12, 2011
tit_squeez:

if this is true, then i may vote for Jonathan. I once witnessed a sight too gory to describe on that road

Same here. Early last year, we had to pass the bush travelling that road. In the bush there was a massive hold up. That tells you how bad it was. The horror on that road turned Benin and Warri Airports into the busiest airports in Nigeria after Lagos, PH and Abuja.
I was amazed cruising through that road at top speed with no pot holes!! It was just heart warming!
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by kaycee0604(m): 12:02pm On Apr 12, 2011
I passed through that road last month and no sign of anybody working on d road, and if for the past twelve years nothing was achieve in that road upon the urge amount of money mark for it. I dont think it will be possible for the gov in power to do that within a month. seeing is believing poster we need pix abeg
Re: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures) by seanet02: 12:07pm On Apr 12, 2011
Kilode?!:

Na lie go kill GEJ and his Supporters!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Orji Advises Igbos To Leave North / Onnoghen Was Forced To Resign - Daily Independent / Ahmed Idris Got N15bn Bribe To Fast-Track Payment To Oil-Producing States - EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.