Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,004 members, 7,849,052 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:56 PM

DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) (44526 Views)

REMA Gains Admission To University Of Lagos (UNILAG) / DJ Cuppy Admitted Into Oxford University For Her Third Degree (Photo) / Bolaji Amusan "Mr Latin" Gains Admission Into NOUN University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) by dangotesmummy: 5:06pm On Mar 05, 2021
pretydiva:
If she like, make she begin sing gelato or pass the Jollof dere undecided. Congrats to her
envy Kee you there

1 Like

Re: DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) by LikeAking: 5:08pm On Mar 05, 2021
Wickedfacts:

Just look at this one hawking selling Tony Elumelu Foundation Past Questions. At your age, Tony Elumelu was already the CEO of Standard Trust Bank.

U dey mad.
Re: DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) by LikeAking: 5:09pm On Mar 05, 2021
Landnaira5:

Just say you can’t afford masters and go. Nobody will beat you.

I no need Oxford.

I need to chill with real life CEO's dem.
Re: DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) by Focusmind: 5:11pm On Mar 05, 2021
All these Ivy league schools no de use ear hear say your papa na billionaire or you are from a royal family.

Kia kia, Dem go give you admission

1 Like

Re: DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) by LikeAking: 5:11pm On Mar 05, 2021
nextstep:

That's a funny statement to make, considering that the West is FULL of MBA schools, and thousands of universities... Most large US companies are run by people with multiple degrees. Yes, there are a few examples of those who didn't go to school being highly successful, but the evidence overwhelmingly supports education. The problem is Nigeria does not harness its educated youth, but that's not because (over)education is the problem. If one was to follow your statement about education to it's natural conclusion, there should be no schools in the US...

She already has a successful business brand BTW.

OK.

For me the Nigerian Society is not practical.

Most of the degrees we are busy acquiring are of no use.

We are the most wasteful nation in the world.
Re: DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) by seyz91(m): 5:11pm On Mar 05, 2021
grin
Onyi22:
Congratulations baby girl.
The rich r getting richer while the poor r getting poorer.
I dedicate this FTC to all the broke guys on this forum that will come here n start wailing at this post.

Re: DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) by AwesomeStormy00(m): 5:12pm On Mar 05, 2021
tutudesz:

She need the degree to run daddy business
Wetin you wan use your own degree do

That na the main question
Bad bella undecided

Good answer God bless you
Re: DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) by seyz91(m): 5:13pm On Mar 05, 2021
abi na! dead on arrival grin

the master degree to her is as useless as the P in Psychology grin
LikeAking:

I laff at you.

The average Nigerian thinks is all about getting many degrees.

We have the degree yet our nation is a big mess.

Wetin she one use the degree do?

Thats my question.

Re: DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) by jaxxy(m): 5:15pm On Mar 05, 2021
LikeAking:
Confused girl

How will the masters help her in life?

Look at her course of study then Follow the trail. She might end becoming a diplomat.

She’s really on a cuppy mission. Lol
Re: DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) by Germi9: 5:15pm On Mar 05, 2021
CallMeDrino:
Singer and celebrity disc jockey DJ Cuppy has been accepted into Oxford University, London for a master’s degree programme, Igbere TV reports.

In an Instagram post on Friday, the 28-year-old shared a video call she had with her parents breaking the news to them.

The singer told them she was going to Oxford for her master’s and has been assigned to the Lady Margaret Hall.

She also told her mum Nana Otedola that she was hoping her father would pay the tuition, but her billionaire father Femi Otedola jokingly replied that he had paid her school fees well enough and that he was sure she could handle this one.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMCAHlXnLKs/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Cuppy attended Grange School, Ikeja. She then relocated to London for her GCSEs and A-Levels. She graduated from King’s College, London in July 2014 with a degree in business and economics.

She also earned a master’s degree in music business from New York University in 2015.

Cuppy started her music career in 2014, first as a DJ and then as a singer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U3JQUNlQ0U
am breaking up with her
Re: DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) by seyz91(m): 5:16pm On Mar 05, 2021
you said it all! you don't have to keep replying those myopic minded people quoting you

its obvious they still living in the past

Typical African Mentality putting all in rubbish School and Degree, thats why we still backward or maybe i call it "stagnant" as a Nation

LikeAking:

LOOOOOOL.

Degrees dont teach people how to run biz.

Ask Elon Musk.

Make she go humble her self, follow her dad they go work for five to ten years.

She go learn.

There is some thing bigger than degrees and as long as the black race continue ignoring it. A degree cant do us much good.

Re: DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) by 12inchess: 5:16pm On Mar 05, 2021
I can agree that she is very lucky. When someone has a lot of money and money is not a problem, that is when stupid ideas start coming to your head like getting a Masters in African Studies when your primary work is DJ or entertainer.

1 Like

Re: DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) by Samtexjohn1: 5:17pm On Mar 05, 2021
If you are aspiring to study or Work abroad especially in Canada then qualifying the IELTS test is not a compulsion anymore in many Canadian universities and firm.
Learn more ��

https://noieltstocanada.com/?ref=Samtex
Re: DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) by AwesomeStormy00(m): 5:21pm On Mar 05, 2021
LikeAking:

I laff at you.

Thats my question.

Nigeria is a mess because some of Nigerian degree holders can't defend it.

Your leaders are corrupt not investing in education.

Many graduates vote during election base on tribe or any rubbish that won't help the country.

Many years ago, before global communications start operation, our friend (very smart guy) went through all the interviews passed on his final interview with Mike Adenuga he adenuga asked him who do you know. In a nut shell he didn't get the job cuz he is a son of nobody so do you blame our friend not trying with his degree or the system corrupt huh
Re: DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) by mofedamijo(m): 5:21pm On Mar 05, 2021
LikeAking:

LOOOOOOL.

Ask Elon Musk.

She go learn.

There is some thing bigger than degrees and as long as the black race continue ignoring it. A degree cant do us much good.

This where you people get it all wrong. Trust me, ph.d holders are managing Alon Musk business, and without them, his business will collapse. Its one thing to be a tech guru, its anothing to bring in innovation and ideas. Trust me gurus are behind Akon Musk innovations.

Now to the major thing.
Everybody cannot be Alon Musk, Bill Gates, Dangote. Etc
That is why education is paramount. If you cannot be Akon Musk, why not be his right hand man who is well educated and vast enough to manage one of the several sectors in his company.

Cuppy is smart to have gone for her Masters, wait a minute, you think Ngozi Iweala would have gotten to her present position with just a B.sc? Never. One thing is very certain, where B.sc will fail you in getting a job, ph.d or top certifications will not fail you.

Also, you can't be a diplomat, an economist, without having the necessary education and degree. Go and check the Director General of WHO, IMF, WORLD BANK.... Etc and check their qualifications. As a matter of fact, its in Nigeria we give people heavy positions without them having the necessary degrees and qualifications. Just take a look at the present minister for Power.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) by AwesomeStormy00(m): 5:21pm On Mar 05, 2021
Congratulations
Re: DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) by Rocktation(f): 5:21pm On Mar 05, 2021
DontBullshitMe:
Not Medicine

Not Engineering

But African studies.

CRAP!

Mega Crap. I guess it's the name of the school for her. African freaking studies, indeed. Money miss road.
Re: DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 05, 2021
Masters with ferrari
Re: DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) by Ilamina(f): 5:23pm On Mar 05, 2021
She has big boobs
Re: DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) by Ayo2004: 5:26pm On Mar 05, 2021
African studies wey my brother wey dey write WAEC go pass 100% grin
Re: DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) by pretydiva(f): 5:27pm On Mar 05, 2021
dangotesmummy:
envy Kee you there
You too

1 Like

Re: DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) by 36STATES: 5:27pm On Mar 05, 2021
Rubbish Micky Mouse course of study.
A total waste of everyone's time.
You will never get a job with that shit.
Re: DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 05, 2021
Who gives a shit; it is no different from this adult school i am attending. cheesy
Re: DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) by firstratedcitiz(m): 5:33pm On Mar 05, 2021
What worked for Elon Musk might not work for another person. If one desires and can afford an additional academic qualification, there's nothing wrong in going ahead to obtain it.
LikeAking:

LOOOOOOL.

Ask Elon Musk.

She go learn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) by Ngozioma(m): 5:38pm On Mar 05, 2021
Onyi22:
Congratulations baby girl.
The rich r getting richer while the poor r getting poorer.
I dedicate this FTC to all the broke guys on this forum that will come here n start wailing at this post.

who raised you

Re: DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 05, 2021
seyz91:
you said it all! you don't have to keep replying those myopic minded people quoting you

its obvious they still living in the past

Typical African Mentality putting all in rubbish School and Degree, thats why we still backward or maybe i call it "stagnant" as a Nation

Pure nonsense.
Re: DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 05, 2021
Goodman247:
bro what he is trying to say is that we need great thinkers, innovators, inventors, not Jokers to make africa move forward.

We don't lack thinkers and innovators.
But we have a lot more greedy politicians.
I won't say these politicians are stupid because they are making as much money as necessary for themselves.
Ultimately,what we need are less greedy politicians in power.
Re: DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) by awoo47: 5:42pm On Mar 05, 2021
LikeAking:

LOOOOOOL.

Ask Elon Musk.

She go learn.

elon musk has a PhD in physics...
Re: DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) by Heavensent01(m): 5:42pm On Mar 05, 2021
EyezofGod120:
grin lord pls forgive me for saying education is the key to success when I was small,,I never get sense that time

grin

in as much as I want to agree with Nelson Mandela that education is the weapon of change and development but this northerners and other idiotic southern politicians had proven otherwise

in Nigeria, Lagos most especially you can be a first class student and still be useless. one would expect a first class student to used his/her psychological capability to turn things around for themselves but hell no, they'll want to be under a o'level holder CEO collecting peanut as salary

if you're not street wise in this present age Nigeria, you go suffer
Re: DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 05, 2021
seguno2:

You had the opportunity to redeem yourself from the ignorance that you invited unto yourself but didn’t take it.

How many degrees does Otedola have? Or Dangote? Or Bill Gates? Etc etc.

There are successful people with degrees so stop posting rubbish.

1 Like

Re: DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 05, 2021
LikeAking:

I laff at you.

Thats my question.

Pure nonsense.

1 Like

Re: DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 05, 2021
LikeAking:

Too much class room knowledge is bad.

Pure nonsense.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Car Prize Given To Mr Eazi As The Winner Of 2016 HEADIES Next Rated Artiste / Imohimi Edgar Speaks On Tagbo, DJ Olu & Chime Amaechina's Death (Video) / Kanu Nwankwo's Wife, Amara Looks Gorgeous (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.