Stats: 3,155,871 members, 7,828,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR (34882 Views)

How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? / Please How Long Does It Take To Get A Job-call From Hr-recruiter / How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job (2) (3) (4)

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by FILEBE(m): 10:30am On Mar 06, 2021
Somzee:
Honesty is one of the soft skill employers desire in their employees, next time be truthful with whatever you write on your CV. You never can tell.

Don't you think these HR are playing God? What's wrong will calling on a normal time or inviting him down for an interview? Any small thing, they will disqualifying applicants. Give him the damn job after screening and watch how he performs . Simple!!!
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Quality20(m): 10:34am On Mar 06, 2021
I don't think im gonna answer any question without d HR introducing himself first. Even police will introduce themselves b4 playing funny games with you.
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by preshwizzy: 10:40am On Mar 06, 2021
[are you righteous... Nigerians and self-righteous na 5&6... Nonsense]Since you lack honesty, well... Goodluck. [/quote]
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by preshwizzy: 10:41am On Mar 06, 2021
Shut up your mouth... Self-righteous prick
flexyrule:
People like you would still be pointing accusing fingers at our leaders.
Common number of years of experience, you lied.
Carry your cross Obobi!
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by potent5(m): 10:45am On Mar 06, 2021
It's the same question you call dumb that's about to undo you. It appears you haven't learned your lesson.
Karleb:

It doesn't matter.

Besides, the questions to me me are dumb questions. The HR already have the CV, why still ask if there is not anything shady going on?
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Jeezuzpick(m): 10:45am On Mar 06, 2021
Draslo:
Can't lose what you never had bro. Move on!

Hard truth.
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Azaw(m): 10:46am On Mar 06, 2021
There’s no job better than self employment.
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by preshwizzy: 10:47am On Mar 06, 2021
I always detest people like you, who feel under a particular circumstances they would have acted better than the next man... Just to feel better about your self.... See ur mouth.. "He does not deserve the job..." Wicked being.. it doesn't pay to be wicked... You hear
AmazingELixir:

So somebody called your line without introducing him or herself and just started asking you such questions and you were answering like a mugu ....you certainly don't deserve that job.... before you go sell another man company out of your own carelessness.
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by flexyrule(m): 10:48am On Mar 06, 2021
preshwizzy:
Shut up your mouth... Self-righteous prick
Tell that to your *&$$#@@!

Edited
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Jaqenhghar: 10:53am On Mar 06, 2021
nwikpab:
So a friend helped me submit my CV to his company. Though I know not the work but I was briefed and coached on the job.
Three months past and we were still waiting but I was in touch with my friend and never paid much attention to the CV again since I thought I would be called to come over to the company for interview.

Three days ago, I was awakened by my phone ringtone from a deep sleep and next question, where did you work.

My brain na Pentium 3 so it couldn't boot fast. My company is ATY is responded. ATY What.
ATY investment. How many years experience, I forgot what I used on the CV so I dabbled between 2 n 5 but settled on 5years.

What is your duty. I did answered this one correctly and he put off his call promising to get back to me today.

He never introduced himself to me and I was expecting call from three different HR.
My friend just called that the other person he submitted the CV with mine has been text to come to the company on Monday. He wanted to know if I am invited too but not yet.

How can I even explain this to my friend, that I fxcked up on my year of experience?
What kind of stupid company is that. Calling you early in the morning without warning. The standard practice is to give you time to compose yourself. Give you a date and you confirm . Or ask you to state a date that will be convenient for you.
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by SmartyPants(m): 11:02am On Mar 06, 2021
Karleb:

It doesn't matter.

Besides, the questions to me me are dumb questions. The HR already have the CV, why still ask if there is not anything shady going on?

It was simply a screening designed to catch liars.
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Jaqenhghar: 11:04am On Mar 06, 2021
Childofaking:
When you tell the truth at all times, you don't need to struggle to remember anything.
You will only need to try to remember what is in your cv if what is your cv is not the truth.
Tell the truth in all your CVs and you are free.
Its not as simple as that. If I am to calculate my work experiences from when I started voluntary work in uni we will be looking at over 15 years. On my CV I summarized my years to the really relevant experiences which is about 5 years. But when I was interviewed I explained that my career spans over 10 years giving the stuff I did. Does that make me a liar? So asking those things in the morning is BS. At the end of the day its your competency the company should be interested in. Not playing morality police
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by hefelove(m): 11:07am On Mar 06, 2021
HR call, no introduction nothing just attack you with questions oshi and they cant even take it if reverse was the case, you sef u suppose know wetin you put for CV na apart from objectives. Better offer will come don't lose guard in this bro
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by otokx(m): 11:07am On Mar 06, 2021
Smiling at the thought of pentium 3? What time of the day did the call come in?
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by DaddyYankee: 11:13am On Mar 06, 2021
Sugar97:
You forgot what you used on the CV? So your actual experience is one thing while what was on the CV is another. Seriously, would you hire yourself if you were the employer?
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by shadeyinka(m): 11:15am On Mar 06, 2021
nwikpab:
So a friend helped me submit my CV to his company. Though I know not the work but I was briefed and coached on the job.
Three months past and we were still waiting but I was in touch with my friend and never paid much attention to the CV again since I thought I would be called to come over to the company for interview.

Three days ago, I was awakened by my phone ringtone from a deep sleep and next question, where did you work.

My brain na Pentium 3 so it couldn't boot fast. My company is ATY is responded. ATY What.
ATY investment. How many years experience, I forgot what I used on the CV so I dabbled between 2 n 5 but settled on 5years.

What is your duty. I did answered this one correctly and he put off his call promising to get back to me today.

He never introduced himself to me and I was expecting call from three different HR.
My friend just called that the other person he submitted the CV with mine has been text to come to the company on Monday. He wanted to know if I am invited too but not yet.

How can I even explain this to my friend, that I fxcked up on my year of experience?
A little tip for you!

Next time you sense that a call is from the HR of an organisation, feign bad network or noisy area or driving etc. During this time, quickly review your applications and CV then call them back. Everything under 30 minuites.
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Mac2016(m): 11:18am On Mar 06, 2021
nwikpab:

Don't be self judgmental. Another better job will come. Next time don't be too excited about a call. Before answering any questions on phone politely ask the callers who they are, that's not a crime.
After 3 to 4 interviews that spanned over 4 to six harrowing weeks including written exams and oral and combined group actions, I was shortlisted for the final hr/executive chat. At my front was a paper containing my name like some others. After some questions, the paper holder marked my name selected for a position of a Loan Officer. Then the question "how much is your expected salary", I answered 120k they were like what's the last you can take, I said 70 or 80k. Then they were like "what if we go less" then I replied "if less pls don't call me"
For my eyes, I was only playing the smart guy cos the office looked so beautiful that I thought they pay like normal bank. I actually hoped for the job and could take less but I believed such an establishment would pay well.. fine office and rigorous tests and interview.
They never called back. I was broken. I seemed to be one of the best in the interview processes especially in my subgroup.
Friends that I have made during the process knew I was good And shd be taken. They called to find out after resumption. I actually was like a cheerleader during the interview process in my subgroup.
I heard they started with 35k with the new employees. Thank God I didn't make that job. I suffered o for some time but currently there's a great change!

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by thatigboman: 11:32am On Mar 06, 2021
Karleb:

It doesn't matter.

seems u have not attended interview before. When the 1st question they ask u is 'what is your name?' Is your name not boldly written on your CV?
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by thatigboman: 11:36am On Mar 06, 2021
Op, did the person that called you introduce himself properly? If no, u would have used it to buy time while trying to remember what u put in CV. Things like, please who am i speaking with exactly? U know there are lots of fraudulent calls now going on. And still be thinking. And after he introduces himself properly, u say o, ok. Thank you sir. Hopefully by then u would have remembered and then answer him.
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by AmazingELixir: 11:37am On Mar 06, 2021
preshwizzy:
I always detest people like you, who feel under a particular circumstances they would have acted better than the next man... Just to feel better about your self.... See ur mouth.. "He does not deserve the job..." Wicked being.. it doesn't pay to be wicked... You hear

Do you know why this country is the way it is presently...I'll tell you in one word you dumb_fvck INCOMPETENCE....simply put having the wrong people in the wrong and right places.

By the time you fvckers start extricating emotions and sentiments from reason and logic then and only then came true development start.
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Vicyace: 12:31pm On Mar 06, 2021
This country na true cruise.

For any telephone interview, the first thing the interviewer should say is introduce themselves, then proceed to ask you if it’s a good time for you to talk. You have the right to request a call back.

I can’t imagine myself waking up to pick an interview call.
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by SirWhiteFish: 12:47pm On Mar 06, 2021
never lie on your CV unless you are prepared to defend that lie
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Nobody: 12:49pm On Mar 06, 2021
sam564:
i am flagabasted by the ororo dripping down ur head.....
lol nothing dey bro. me sef dey rough am. I dey pray make everything set. 9ja tough abeg
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Blessed4sure: 12:58pm On Mar 06, 2021
dlarey:
Try to upgrade your brain to core i9...

Weldone. Marketing by abuses.
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by HRHQueenPhil(f): 1:03pm On Mar 06, 2021
jozee8:

Give me a number to call
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by HRHQueenPhil(f): 1:04pm On Mar 06, 2021
Truvel:
U & Dis Ur 100,000 Self.
call me jor..0816-982-7645
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by HRHQueenPhil(f): 1:05pm On Mar 06, 2021
JomoGbomo1Akpos:

Where's the link?
it's on my signature. Or better still call or watsapp me 0816-982-7645
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by edoairways: 1:06pm On Mar 06, 2021
Karleb:

It doesn't matter.

Besides, the[b] questions to me me are dumb questions. The HR already have the CV, why still ask if there is not anything shady going on[/b]?
I agree with you on this
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 06, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
call me jor..0816-982-7645
I Should Call U 4 What? Abi U Wan Send Me Money?

Vacancies In Port Harcourt (urgent) / Cardinal Stone Graduate Trainee Assessment 2016 / Top 50 Highest Paying Companies In Nigeria That You Do Not Know