Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,658 members, 7,827,423 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR (34879 Views)

How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? / Please How Long Does It Take To Get A Job-call From Hr-recruiter / How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Perfectsouth(m): 9:35am On Mar 06, 2021
when you inculcate discipline and integrity into your everyday life, things like this won't get you...
3 things I don't change about myself
Truth

I go always tell you the truth, if you Wan go die, go die

6 Likes

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by flexyrule(m): 9:35am On Mar 06, 2021
People like you would still be pointing accusing fingers at our leaders.
Common number of years of experience, you lied.
Carry your cross Obobi!

2 Likes

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Childofaking: 9:35am On Mar 06, 2021
When you tell the truth at all times, you don't need to struggle to remember anything.
You will only need to try to remember what is in your cv if what is your cv is not the truth.
Tell the truth in all your CVs and you are free.

2 Likes

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by beautyhd: 9:36am On Mar 06, 2021
Its not your fault, it happens sometimes when you are woken from sleep with questions.

You tend to answer the first two questions incorrectly before your blank state is reversed.

No too worry yourself, yours will locate you.

2 Likes

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Lamasta(m): 9:40am On Mar 06, 2021
nwikpab:
So a friend helped me submit my CV to his company. Though I know not the work but I was briefed and coached on the job.
Three months past and we were still waiting but I was in touch with my friend and never paid much attention to the CV again since I thought I would be called to come over to the company for interview.

Three days ago, I was awakened by my phone ringtone from a deep sleep and next question, where did you work.

My brain na Pentium 3 so it couldn't boot fast. My company is ATY is responded. ATY What.
ATY investment. How many years experience, I forgot what I used on the CV so I dabbled between 2 n 5 but settled on 5years.

What is your duty. I did answered this one correctly and he put off his call promising to get back to me today.

He never introduced himself to me and I was expecting call from three different HR.
My friend just called that the other person he submitted the CV with mine has been text to come to the company on Monday. He wanted to know if I am invited too but not yet.

How can I even explain this to my friend, that I fxcked up on my year of experience?

Move on bro you tried on your part the rest is left to the company....
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Emotionss: 9:40am On Mar 06, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
Karleb:

It doesn't matter.

Besides, the questions to me me are dumb questions. The HR already have the CV, why still ask if there is not anything shady going on?

They wanted to know if What you wrote in your CV is the truth unfortunately you proved them wrong.

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by authority2006(m): 9:41am On Mar 06, 2021
House1411:
one thing I have noticed about life is grace and luck are very real but if things don't go your way like you wanted, learn your lesson and move on.

The can still end up employing you irrespective of what transpired

After exposing himself? No way!
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by athorello(m): 9:41am On Mar 06, 2021
Sugar97:
You forgot what you used on the CV? So your actual experience is one thing while what was on the CV is another. Seriously, would you hire yourself if you were the employer?
Every job seeker should know how to package CV. If you don't put what they're looking for there (skills and job experience), you won't be called talkless of getting the job.

Have knowledge of everything in your cv so you can at least defend it.
You can be coached for a job by someone (an insider) who knows the nitty gritty and job requirements, and possible HR questions. grin
Always be mentally prepared for the job you're packaging for.
Infact, at a point you know you have all it takes for a particular job role but if you don't exaggerate yourself on your CV, you may not be called for skills test or interview.
Reverse might be the case too, like when you're targeting a better paying job and working environment, but the advertised role requires less experience. You can yank some experiences off your CV.
If you don't want to package, embellish or exaggerate your knowledge and skills, go and wait for 30k FG jobs.
APPLY WISDOM ALWAYS.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by drkrest(m): 9:42am On Mar 06, 2021
Onyi22:
When you were telling the lies u didn't informed us, now that water don pass garri, u r disturbing our peace, Why?
Sha don’t scatter our heads with bullet
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by culf: 9:42am On Mar 06, 2021
pozehnani:
That is why it's always good to say the truth. It's easier to maintain than fabricating lies that you may not be consistent with because you'll forget easily.

Next time, tell the truth and it shall set you free.

hmmm, nice one
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by culf: 9:43am On Mar 06, 2021
Sugar97:
You forgot what you used on the CV? So your actual experience is one thing while what was on the CV is another. Seriously, would you hire yourself if you were the employer?

this is hilarious....
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Yewandequeen(f): 9:45am On Mar 06, 2021
ProfAmaben:
Why would an HR call you in the dead of the night for information? That's unprofessional. What happened to emailing candidates?

These people know that jobs are non-existent in Nigeria and use it to misbehave.

On your own path you also lied, how can you ever forget your years of experience if you really had it?
Very unprofessional. The HR didnt even do any introduction, that is bad. You cant call me and not tell me who i am speaking with then go ahead to ask where did i work...nah its unethical. Some HRs need refreshers training.

2 Likes

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Firstorderwizard(m): 9:49am On Mar 06, 2021
Very unethical.
That company sounds mushroom to me though for employing low grade Hr

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by AmazingELixir: 9:49am On Mar 06, 2021
undecided

So somebody called your line without introducing him or herself and just started asking you such questions and you were answering like a mugu ....you certainly don't deserve that job.... before you go sell another man company out of your own carelessness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by sam564: 9:50am On Mar 06, 2021
House1411:
one thing I have noticed about life is grace and luck are very real but if things don't go your way like you wanted, learn your lesson and move on.

The can still end up employing you irrespective of what transpired
i am flagabasted by the ororo dripping down ur head.....

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by kevoh(m): 9:50am On Mar 06, 2021
Karleb:

It doesn't matter.

Besides, the questions to me me are dumb questions. The HR already have the CV, why still ask if there is not anything shady going on?
The questions are not dumb. Sometimes HR might find it difficult to pick a candidate from a sea of impressive resumes/CV (which most times are exaggerated). It is the job of the applicant to convince HR, within a few minutes, that his/her exaggerated Resume/CV makes him the right person for the job and other applicants be disregarded.

If you can not answer basic questions from your CV/RESUME that you compiled yourself, is it complicated interview questions based on case studies you will now answer! HR no get that time except you're connected!

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by authority2006(m): 9:52am On Mar 06, 2021
Somzee:
Honesty is one of the soft skill employers desire in their employees, next time be truthful with whatever you write on your CV. You never can tell.

That has nothing to do with packaged CV. You can be hardcore honest guy after securing the job. Without attractive CV, you would never be called.
To me, the guy didn't actually need the job. What's so hard in studying what you packaged just to scale through? Are you telling me that others who were invited didn't package their own CV? Of course they did. But in addition to that, they were determined to get the job unlike our guy here who couldn't memorise a two page CV

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by GamalNasser: 9:54am On Mar 06, 2021
Don't ever cry over losing things like this, the loss is always a blessing in disguise.
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by sam564: 9:57am On Mar 06, 2021
when such questions come knocking again, u wont fail to deliver ur answer even in the deepest sleep of marantha because u have actually learn from ur mistake....
even if u carry mount everest and put ontop of truth to supress it, u will naturally see the truth swinging like a flag at the topmost top of the mountain..
SAM is sayin u shuld move on.
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by rajiedreez: 10:02am On Mar 06, 2021
What time did the call come through, in Nigeria we tend to always lower our guards when looking for something. Since you weren't in the right state of mind, you could have told the person that you're not in the right frame of mind and also enquire about whose on the other side of the phone. They owe you a proper introduction because you can't keep assuming that its a potential employee that's calling when ever they ask such question from you. Bottom line always try to calm yourself before answering any question.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by palsenator(m): 10:04am On Mar 06, 2021
[quote author=House1411 post=99638741]one thing I have noticed about life is grace and luck are very real but if things don't go your way like you wanted, learn your lesson and move on.

The can still end up employing you irrespective of what transpired[/quote

That you acknowledged the place of grace has totally annihilated luck. There is nothing like luck dear brother, it is grace. Things don't happen accidentally , it's all programmed to be and that has overruled luck.
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Hotguy27: 10:04am On Mar 06, 2021
You have also concluded the interview here. So, if it should be by it, it is gone.

Most HR Officers are always on social media nowadays.
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by AwesomeStormy00(m): 10:05am On Mar 06, 2021
nwikpab:
So a friend helped me submit my CV to his company. Though I know not the work but I was briefed and coached on the job.
Three months past and we were still waiting but I was in touch with my friend and never paid much attention to the CV again since I thought I would be called to come over to the company for interview.

Three days ago, I was awakened by my phone ringtone from a deep sleep and next question, where did you work.

My brain na Pentium 3 so it couldn't boot fast. My company is ATY is responded. ATY What.
ATY investment. How many years experience, I forgot what I used on the CV so I dabbled between 2 n 5 but settled on 5years.

What is your duty. I did answered this one correctly and he put off his call promising to get back to me today.

He never introduced himself to me and I was expecting call from three different HR.
My friend just called that the other person he submitted the CV with mine has been text to come to the company on Monday. He wanted to know if I am invited too but not yet.

How can I even explain this to my friend, that I fxcked up on my year of experience?

Bros you didn't messed up, the person that called you was unprofessional based on your explanation. Who call and start asking questions without introducing himself, reason for the call and if you are okay to talk about your cv. Naija HR people self na wa.

Best thing you can do is tell your friend the truth, he can do follow up on your behalf the earlier the better. I hope everything work out good for you.

Take care x
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Saao(m): 10:06am On Mar 06, 2021
Stop lying on your CV. Your CV is you, you can't forget yourself even in sleep. You messed up on the called because u lied. It's a lesson to you and every other persons like you.

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by tete7000(m): 10:17am On Mar 06, 2021
As much as possible, all try to be truthful. When you are truthful, no question ever catch you off guard. Don't build your life on a foundation of lie. Let the job go if they are not satisfied with the truth you have been cornered to vomit.
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by alizma: 10:21am On Mar 06, 2021
nwikpab:

The first person that comment has said it all. And to support that, I once submit someone's CV, she was called for an interview but she goofed and we all thought it was over but guess what, those interviewers, for a reason best known to them, unanimously agreed to give her a second chance and then she got it right and clinch the position, this was something we ( myself and my colleagues that have been on the job thought will never happened). Remember, non of the interviewers knew that I was the one that submit the CV for the applicant.

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Chigold101(m): 10:28am On Mar 06, 2021
nwikpab:

This is one reason why we should always say the truth. Because you don't have to think to remember what you wrote or filled out if you told the truth.
See where lying has packed you now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Vacancies In Port Harcourt (urgent) / Cardinal Stone Graduate Trainee Assessment 2016 / Top 50 Highest Paying Companies In Nigeria That You Do Not Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.