Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,952 members, 7,817,794 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! (12218 Views)

Jonathan, Buhari In Private Meeting In Abuja / Dino Melaye Challenges Jonathan & Buhari To Liver Test As Tweeters React / Jonathan, Buhari Are Infidels, Says Shekau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by fstranger3(m): 7:30am On Apr 12, 2011
ekt_bear:

I'm fine with that. But these cabalistic Northerners must be kept out of power, lest they ruin the country.

Let the ACN select a team of technocrats to run the country, initiate most of the major decisions. Buhari is good at fighting corruption, but a poor strategist and tactician.

What special expertise/talent does he have that makes him uniquely suitable to fight corruption?

What he did as the supreme commander would be impossible to do in a proper democracy.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by ektbear: 7:32am On Apr 12, 2011
Buhari is useless really. What he is doing can be replicated by Ribadu.

From my perspective, he is only useful because of the votes he brings. That is all he really brings to the table. Everything else can be found elsewhere.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by sbeezy8: 7:33am On Apr 12, 2011
ekt_bear:

Buhari is useless really. What he is doing can be replicated by Ribadu.

From my perspective, he is only useful because of the votes he brings. That is all he really brings to the table. Everything else can be found elsewhere.

that still is only for cpc buhari wants acn to endorse cpc i say hellll no
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by OAM4J: 7:37am On Apr 12, 2011
My take is that, there should be no alliance again before the election. If neither of the party has a clear majority then we go into run off, then we can start talking about alliance.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by sbeezy8: 7:39am On Apr 12, 2011
^^^ makes sense
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by madejibo: 7:40am On Apr 12, 2011
I have always known that ACN can't be trusteted, if this elections goes into a run off then I am sure ACN will pitch tent with PDP, PDP a party ACN has campaigned strongly against. As for Buhari meeting with the likes of IBB and co, these so called pple weather you like it or north are the power brokers of the north, it just makes sense for any serious politician that wants to win an election to go into talks with them, after all GEJ called IBB his father and mentor and Ribadu went to meet IBB for his endorsement
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by Dave6: 7:44am On Apr 12, 2011
^^^ and anticorruption warlord 'Buhari' no get choice. grin

Atiku na power broker for where?
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by carrney: 7:48am On Apr 12, 2011
i think we should vote for the best,the man that is reliable,that will do the job effectively, ;guess who that man is? watch out for the answer in the next clash of the titans
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by efisher(m): 7:49am On Apr 12, 2011
The answer: GEJ

GEJ is a man of unity and he wants the progress of the country. He wants everybody to be happy at the end of it all even if he knows he has the upper hand.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by Beaf: 7:50am On Apr 12, 2011
Dav.e:

^^^ and anticorruption warlord 'Buhari' no get choice. grin

Atiku na power broker for where?

Ask me o! Buhari is meeting with all the dregs of the North, the bastions of corruption that have held the place down. Its sad really, especially with his so called anti-corruption stance. Desperation sha! grin

Imagine Atiku of all people, that dude only knows about oil bunkering and financing "militants."
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 12, 2011
ekt_bear:

If Tinubu cuts any deals, it better be signed in the presence of the US, Canadian, British, French ambassador and a copy sent to the UN. I don't really trust either of these dudes, to be quite honest. . .

I'm still wondering when RASCALs suddenly became so important that they are called on to the roundtable for negotiations.A se e ti e le rara !
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by Adanora: 8:08am On Apr 12, 2011
GEJ has better national issues to attend to. His win in dis election is certain cos he has 100% vote from South, 100% from East, 60% from the West & 60 % from the North. the remaining 40% from the West & 40% from the North can b shared b/w the other remainig parties. its a clear win so not b foollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllled
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by Justcash(m): 8:14am On Apr 12, 2011
Why are all these rascals blabbing as if they have won lottery tickets. ACN is being wooed because they got no chance of winning the presidency.
Make we hear word abeg! Noise makers!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by ziccoit: 8:28am On Apr 12, 2011
ekt_bear:

All the PDP northerners will dump PDP to join CPC if Buhari wins.

They are trying to have their cake and eat it, by not entering CPC directly.

Thanks a lot! You've made my day.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 12, 2011
Justcash:

Why are all these rascals blabbing as if they have won lottery tickets. ACN is being wooed because they got no chance of winning the presidency.
Make we hear word abeg! Noise makers!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Why have they not wooed APGA or PPA since they also cannot win the presidential election ? In case you never know,SW votes determine who becomes president by weekend !
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by ziccoit: 8:40am On Apr 12, 2011
madejibo:

I have always known that ACN can't be trusteted, if this elections goes into a run off then I am sure ACN will pitch tent with PDP, PDP a party ACN has campaigned strongly against. As for Buhari meeting with the likes of IBB and co, these so called pple weather you like it or north are the power brokers of the north, it just makes sense for any serious politician that wants to win an election to go into talks with them, after all GEJ called IBB his father and mentor and Ribadu went to meet IBB for his endorsement

I am 100% sure you are not from SW. Come, let me tell you. A Yoruba politician of Awo's root and/or ideology is first a YORUBA before being a NIGERIAN. Is GEJ or SAMBO a yoruba man? NO.

They accepted to work with PDP in 2003 for OBJ's second term at presidential level alone because he is a YORUBA man and they thought his 2nd term was being threatened. ACN can never pit tent with PDP as it stands today. It is totally impossible.

CPC/ACN alliance? Yes very possible. But, PDP/ACN alliance? Disgusting, abomination, totally impossible.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by OmoTier1(m): 8:47am On Apr 12, 2011
as much as i hate pdp and the hypo-gej, this story is nonesense.just beer palour discussion --- i hear say blah blah tori.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 12, 2011
So south west leaders are no more rascals? I DEY LAUGH O
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 12, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

as much as i hate pdp and the hypo-gej, this story is nonesense.just beer palour discussion --- i hear say blah blah tori.
With the success of ACN in south west,Edo state,akwa ibom, anambra and other places,I wouldn't doubt the authenticity of this report.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by Lagosboy: 9:00am On Apr 12, 2011
Dirty politicking might come to play in the next 10 days in Nigeria. I love people power and power remaining in the hands of the people and not concentrated in one man. I would never be surprised if Tinubu cuts a deal with GEJ. However even if PDP wins this election , could we for once have a true opposition in this country and all these GNU rubbish should stop.ç

I think everyone should go to the polls and let us know who the people decide to vote for. I dont understand how any alliance will work few days to election. Will Ribadu go to all the states he campaigned in that he is stepping down? How many people will hear the news of the withdrawal few days to election.

4 days to election , I think it is all man for himself . If GEJ wins fairly then so be it.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by Gbawe: 9:19am On Apr 12, 2011
Guys , it is true . The efforts to woo Tinubu began a few days back when events on the ground made some folks reconsider their delusions. For once, I have to defend GEJ. This is a legitimate and pragmative move by him. I respect legal strategy to win votes .  Most of you should know this is done worldwide. I remember many years ago , during the elections in the UK, this guy came running frantically to my door. It was the labour Party MP candidate for my ward himself !! He had ben running from house to house !!!!  He had come to plead for me to head to my polling station immediately to go and cast my vote for the labour Party to prevent the BNP winning !!!! The BNP is a Party with racist views!!! So his 'deal' for me was "vote for us defeat those who hate you".  

Despite the noise here, the ACN had remained inclined to work with Buhari but Bakare did not help the cause with his many unprovoked attack on Tinubu and Ribadu. It got many angry and most folks could not understand why he was doing it. He lost Buhari a lot of goodwill and I tried to warn folks here to calm down instead BB fans kept up the attack againt the character of Tinubu and Ribadu. Well, politics is what it is. Some of us will learn the hard way that , on the ground , things are very different to fantasy.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by ziccoit: 9:45am On Apr 12, 2011
If there is anything that holds the people of SW together today, it is a strong hatred for PDP and anything the party represents. Tinubu and other ACN leaders know any kind of marriage between ACN and PDP will be a political suicide for ACN.

A Lagosian could not appreciate this statement of fact because the state has been under a progressive party since 1999. Go and ask people living in OYO, OSUN, EKITI, OGUN and ONDO states and you will understand what is on ground.

I repeat, this could never happen now with what is on ground.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by OmoTier1(m): 9:58am On Apr 12, 2011
like a already mention in my open letter to Ribadu to step down last week, it is now more evident that a CPC/ACN alliance is the cure to the PDP 12 years disease. If ACN aligns with PDP, then ACN might end up licking her wounds.PDP is a cancer and any alliance with PDP is retrogressive in every form.
I find it difficult to believe that Ribadu thinks he has chance of winning when arrow heads in ACN like BRF, 1M1V(Oshiomhole)are not evening campaigning for him in their respective states.I watched oshiomhole's broadcast last night on election appraisals and hardly did I hear him once ask edolites to vote for Ribadu.

Looking at it critically, it would be better for ACN if they align with CPC as ACN has technically in the recent past agreed in principle to align with CPC and I am sure tinubu would trashed out issues such as key positions and policy frame-work with Buhari. An alliance with PDP now will mean ACN will have to start from ground zero.If anything, ACN should remember how ANPP was used and dumped by the uncut and despotic PDP hypo-GEJ government which still have same crminal hawks (who ocastrated the death of ANNP) still in her fold.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by efisher(m): 10:12am On Apr 12, 2011
To BB fans who say PDP is our greatest problem, here is what one of your ogas said: grin grin grin

[size=14pt]"The greatest danger to democracy today is not the PDP; it is somewhere located in the South West," - Bakare[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-625435.0.html
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by Gbawe: 10:24am On Apr 12, 2011
efisher:

To BB fans who say PDP is our greatest problem, here is what one of your ogas said: grin grin grin

[size=14pt]"The greatest danger to democracy today is not the PDP; it is somewhere located in the South West," - Bakare[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-625435.0.html

Below is what I said on the thread you highlight . Na me sef dem for dey call T.B Joshua.

Dude why not call a spade a spade now and then ? It won't harm you to do that. It will actually confirm that you are consistently balanced and capable of seeing what must be seen always . You risk becoming like Beaf with how you defend everything , wether good or bad, those you support do . Let Jarus and other balanced fans of Nigeria comment on this thread and they will not speak as you do . They will confess , even as they want Buhari to win , that it is not good for Bakare to go around , making enemies needlessly, through a pugnacious and self-destructive desire to fight everyone to a standstill !!!! It is not wise tactics at all and it confirms that Bakare is a bellicose 'newbie' who has to quickly 'learn the ropes' before he becomes a serious liability. There is no need for Bakare to be alienating the ACN at all.

There is no need at all for Bakare and yourself to speak as if the ACN and ribadu are now your enemies !!! Do you see Buhari himself doing it? Do you see Tinubu or Ribadu doing it ? Why only Bakare ? The race is not here yet and anything can happen now and in the future so Bakare should know that the ACN can be useful to the CPC and to Buhari. This is why it is not Buhari making these noise !!!! I can tell you that Buhari will not happy with Bakare's utterances because the same Buhari tactly side-stepped using inflammatory words when the CPC/ACN alliance talk broke down. Buhari keeps insisting an alliance is possible now and in the future. How is the stance/utterance of Buhari then in consonance with what bakare is now doing ? It is self-destructive tactics and one has to wonder why Bakare is acting like a bull in a China shop !!!!

I am surprised you insinuate that the ACN will form an alliance with the PDP. Dont let your love of Buhari turn into hatred and disdain for everyone else . We all know that is the territory of Beaf. The ACN will work with the CPC when the need arises because they are as commited, if not more, to seeing the back of the PDP as the CPC is . It is only in the SW region that a minority political Party has majority control over the PDP. Tinubu worked tirelessly to achieve this and Bakare , a 'green' politician , cannot just show up and decide that insulting Tinubu and everyone else is the way forward. Bakare and his fans , like yourself, need to be more circumspect in speaking . If the ACN then help out the CPC to gain victory in future will Bakare then swallow his vomit , once again,  as he seems to be doing regularly lately? Bakare is just naively playing into the 'divide-and-conquer' traps of the PDP . He may be the one to ruin things for Buhari if he is not shown the folly of his ways .
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by lwise(m): 10:43am On Apr 12, 2011
Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha   soooooooo  funnyyyyyyy

Check out this mathematical analysis

Assuming

GEJ                                   Ribadu                            Buhari
40%                                  30%                                30%

It means that those 30% of voters who want to vote for Ribadu dont like Buhari,likewise the 30% of voters who want to vote for Buhari dont like Ribadu.
If CPC and ACN MERGES,it simply translate to more votes for GEJ bc some of those supporting Ribadu never believes in Buhari and vise versa.

If they eventually merge

The result will be

GEJ                                        (ACN+CPC)
60%                                        40%

Let them think twice b4 merging bc its too late,the time is to short to move round and inform the voters about the merging.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by ziccoit: 11:04am On Apr 12, 2011
lwise:

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha   soooooooo  funnyyyyyyy

Check out this mathematical analysis

Assuming

GEJ                                   Ribadu                            Buhari
40%                                  30%                                30%

It means that those 30% of voters who want to vote for Ribadu dont like Buhari,likewise the 30% of voters who want to vote for Buhari dont like Ribadu.
If CPC and ACN MERGES,it simply translate to more votes for GEJ bc some of those supporting Ribadu never believes in Buhari and vise versa.

If they eventually merge

The result will be

GEJ                                        (ACN+CPC)
60%                                        40%

Let them think twice b4 merging bc its too late,the time is to short to move round and inform the voters about the merging.

You don't need to go into panic attack. The alliance talk is already underway and may be announced before tomorrow. The "illiterate" Northern voters, as you Pro-GEJ always saying, are waiting for GEJ next Saturday. Do you want to judge their voting pattern by last Saturday's election results?

Do you know the blessing in the CPC's performance in last Saturday's election? It allowed for the last minute revision that always important in passing any examinations. Efforts are already in top gear all over the North especially the NW. PDP is gone as far as I known. Bye bye to corruption.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by Lagosboy: 11:37am On Apr 12, 2011
Gbawe:

Guys , it is true . The efforts to woo Tinubu began a few days back when events on the ground made some folks reconsider their delusions. For once, I have to defend GEJ. This is a legitimate and pragmative move by him. I respect legal strategy to win votes . Most of you should know this is done worldwide. I remember many years ago , during the elections in the UK, this guy came running frantically to my door. It was the labour Party MP candidate for my ward himself !! He had ben running from house to house !!!! He had come to plead for me to head to my polling station immediately to go and cast my vote for the labour Party to prevent the BNP winning !!!! The BNP is a Party with racist views!!! So his 'deal' for me was "vote for us defeat those who hate you".

Despite the noise here, the ACN had remained inclined to work with Buhari but Bakare did not help the cause with his many unprovoked attack on Tinubu and Ribadu. It got many angry and most folks could not understand why he was doing it. He lost Buhari a lot of goodwill and I tried to warn folks here to calm down instead BB fans kept up the attack againt the character of Tinubu and Ribadu. Well, politics is what it is. Some of us will learn the hard way that , on the ground , things are very different to fantasy.

I quite agree Bakare made some mistakes but this is politics a new turf from the pulpit where you can say anything as you see it. I still believe there was some truth in Bakare statements but sometimes in politics you dont say everything as you see it. Tinubu also went on the offensive calling Buhari an expired leader in the heart of Kano . If ACN and Bakare really cares about Nigerians and the greater goal then it should not be an atom of problem for the aliiance to work.

However the reality on ground is that no alliance can work 4 days to election, the ballot paper has been printed, Ribadu not running means millions of votes will be wested as voids because millions will never know he has stepped down. The only hope for an alliance is if this election goes to a run off.

My worry is that there is a huge amount of PDP supporters in the SW and if these people vote GEJ on sat, this election might just be won by GEJ because even if this election goes to a run off between Buhari and ACN. ACN does nothave control of 40% of SW voters undecided . Election is game of numbers
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by 10cirenoh: 1:24pm On Apr 12, 2011
So a 6 months old party like CPC can be among the front runner even at the house of rep/senate levels? mennn, just wonder what this party is going to look like in 4 years time.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 12, 2011
The truth be told CPC did a good job a party that young and now a major contender but BB has sold out now his power brokers are IBB and atiku and ciroma? that tells us what? no change just same recycled people cycling around what happened to kicking away Godfatherism? how is he going to confront corruption the power brokers around him are corrupt. How does he plan to deal with this? is he still " mai gaskiya"? lets alwyas tell the truth when faced with it and not try to paint it.

And then part of the deal if the alliance sails through is that bakare be dropped even after the polls. No wonder the pastor is saying Tinubu is Nigeria"s problem. Interesting turn of events at this point if alliance sails through or not Tinubu comes out a master strategist lovely how he used Nuhu Ribadu obviously that one had no ambition of his own and can swing anyway and Buhari if he drops Bakare well sad but guess has been used. Very interesting turn of events. I will be listening,reading and watching the news as the drama unfolds.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by Sagamite(m): 9:18pm On Apr 12, 2011
fstranger3:

The guy is a dumbo. Stop acting like you didnt know already

There is nothing wrong with our educational system; of course! grin

As a hoodrat product of our education system that talks such tribalistic trash, from a dumb and unrefined brain, like this:

fstranger3:

He kept his options open!

[b]One man, better than the whole of Ndigbo? [/b]I no fit shout ooooooo

Obviously something is wrong with our system.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by Genius100: 9:23pm On Apr 12, 2011
How will Tinubu deliver the southwest to anybody in 4 days? What a bunch of nonsense,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dominic Bukuni Jailed For Two Years / Kemi Adeosun Impresses Bond Investors In London / Appeal Court Affirms Ihedioha’s Victory As Imo Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.