Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! (12215 Views)

Jonathan, Buhari In Private Meeting In Abuja / Dino Melaye Challenges Jonathan & Buhari To Liver Test As Tweeters React / Jonathan, Buhari Are Infidels, Says Shekau (2) (3) (4)

Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by Nobody: 5:30am On Apr 13, 2011
Tinubu flown to Abuja in presidential jet .
Wednesday, 13 April 2011 00:00 Editor News - National .User Rating: / 1
PoorBest
.Prev1 of 2Next.A MILD drama ensued at the Presidential Lounge of the Murtala Muhammed Airport last night when the former governor of Lagos State, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, arrived in a two-car convoy and after waiting a few minutes, boarded a Presidential jet obviously sent from Abuja to ferry him to the capital city. He was accompanied by some aides. The plane’s registration number is 5N FGU.

Curious reporters could not extract any word from the Action Congress of Nigeria chieftain. Speculations had however been rife since last weekend’s visit to Lagos by President Goodluck Jonathan, during which he reportedly met with Tinubu that the President may have begun courting Tinubu ahead of Saturday’s presidential election
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by Nobody: 5:34am On Apr 13, 2011
Kobojunkie:

[size=13pt]I am sorry to be the one to cut you here, but yes, UPLIFTMENT is a word ![/size]   grin grin grin grin grin grin

http://www.yourdictionary.com/upliftment    

Hmm. . .not so fast madam. Turns out it is a rather controversial word; some call it "bogus", others suggest it is "widely used by people of color" [I have no doubt they meant Nigerians] to sound educated. That's why you didn't find it in a more credible dictionary. Uplift is it.

www.wiki.answers.com/Q/How_did_the_word_upliftment_come_into_usage
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by edicolove: 5:34am On Apr 13, 2011
Hmmm. 'Great' analysis from someone who knows that yorubas make up less than 20% of Lagos state
You are a big ,,,,,,,

You dont have to agree with me but it is fact. Most people speak Yoruba in Lagos but that doesnt mean they are Yoruba. Most area boys in surulere are Ibos and Ndelta. I can give myself a little margin of error say around 1 in 4 at best.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by Kobojunkie: 5:39am On Apr 13, 2011
pro01:

Hmm. . .not so fast madam. Turns out it is a rather controversial word; some call it "bogus", others suggest it is "widely used by people of color" [I have no doubt they meant Nigerians] to sound educated. That's why you didn't find it in a more credible dictionary. Uplift is it.

www.wiki.answers.com/Q/How_did_the_word_upliftment_come_into_usage

Please tell me the above is a joke? You have a word that exists in the dictionary and you are telling me it is "CONTRAVERSIAL". Newflash . . . there is no such thing as a dictionary word that is controversial. As long as the word has been ACCEPTED as an entry into the dictionary, it is OK to use.

Words are added each year to the dictionary . .  how do you think we got the words  "grin'oh"( the sound homer simpson makes),"Jumbo"(formerly the Name of a huge elephant in the P.T Barnum circus), "Ginormous" ( from cutting together Gigantic with enormous) etc. into the dictionary?? Please Stop -- Use your dictionary. English like every other language out there is FLUID and so if it changes, you ought to adapt, not declare it INVALID simply so you can win a brownie of some sort.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ginormous

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/jumbo

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/d%27oh?show=0&t=1302669619

PS. What the heck is what the wiki-answers link? You actually post an opinion from who knows were as reason againts use of a word in the dictionary?? AAARRGGHH!!
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by soloqy: 6:13am On Apr 13, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Please tell me the above is a joke? You have a word that exists in the dictionary and you are telling me it is "CONTRAVERSIAL". Newflash . . . there is no such thing as a dictionary word that is controversial. As long as the word has been ACCEPTED as an entry into the dictionary, it is OK to use.

Words are added each year to the dictionary . .  how do you think we got the words  "grin'oh"( the sound homer simpson makes),"Jumbo"(formerly the Name of a huge elephant in the P.T Barnum circus), "Ginormous" ( from cutting together Gigantic with enormous) etc. into the dictionary?? Please Stop -- Use your dictionary. English like every other language out there is FLUID and so if it changes, you ought to adapt, not declare it INVALID simply so you can win a brownie of some sort.

PS. What the heck is what the wiki-answers link? You actually post an opinion from who knows were as reason againts use of a word in the dictionary?? AAARRGGHH!!

Thats why people like Chris Okotie and that legislator who always appears on AIT, keep cutting and joining words with the hope that one day, the words will find their way into some dictionary somewhere . Aaahhhhhh !! angry
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by SuperT(m): 6:16am On Apr 13, 2011
Rapid Development in Lagos State gave ACN south west but the situation may not be the same this

Saturday. The People Vote for personalities not party. PDP fail because they present non performing

Candidate.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by jiniux(m): 7:50am On Apr 13, 2011
The reason i cant vote for buhari, to him its a tribalist affair, regional representation and personal witch hunting, in the name of anti-corruption. Why does he have to consult the northern cabal in all of his decisions?
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by 1025: 8:09am On Apr 13, 2011
till today, i still can't understand how a normal nigerian is wishing us to continue in nthis jungle of a country under pdp. for me, i will prefer an osama bin laden led govt to this pdp.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by Dikyson: 8:17am On Apr 13, 2011
Listen guys, this is not time for which political party is going to win.As far as i am concern, party name does not have effect. We need  visionary leaders to fix Nigeria problems, which i believe can achieve by consultation among all the political parties.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by rasputinn(m): 8:21am On Apr 13, 2011
[size=24pt]Buhari is just a desperate eediot,so after boasting that 3000 politicians who have looted the public treasury will flee into exile if he becomes president cos he planned to probe them,he has now turned around to go and beg those same politicians he bragged about probing to go and cut a deal with yet another politician he intended to probe and who he had described as not worthy of being trusted in absolute terms[/size]  grin grin grin

I dey laugh wellu wellu
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by rasputinn(m): 8:27am On Apr 13, 2011
My take per the presidential elections;

It's all part of politics to court Tinubu,but he is not as beautiful a bride as everybody is assuming,Lagos has 6 million voters,more than 80% of these will vote for GEJ on Saturday,irrespective of what Tinubu says or doesn't say

We've worked this road before,where GEJ tried to carry everyone along,those that felt they stood a better chance ganging up against GEJ along ethno-religious lines tasted the bitter pill of defeat,come Saturday April 16,the story will be the same,whoever doesn't get on the divine winning train of GEJ WILL TASTE THE BITTER PILL OF DEFEAT

[size=24pt]VOTE GEJ FOR PRESIDENT[/size]
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by ENZOSCIFO1: 8:30am On Apr 13, 2011
Hmmm fellas lets analyse, First what makes PDP what it is? ( be it good or bad) I guess the answer to that its the people in PDP the OBJs,IBB, Atikus et al, in other words if the present constituent (i.e the memebers) of PDP can be done away with and replaced with perhaps ACN members that means we would havea a PDP but with different poltical ideology. Whats the  point am trying to make.?

If Buhari (whom i support) goes and beg the NLPF with members like IBB, Ciroma , Atiku to negotiate a deal with Tinubu's ACN, then I expect that even NLPF will be doing so at a[b] price[/b], now lets just assume that a deal is struck i.e. btween CPC and ACN with NLPF as middle men, and lets assume again that as a result of this deal the new coalition CPC/ACN wins the election, it will only mean that we have just succeded in going round and around and arriving at same spot without any forward progressive movement, reason being that we would then have a government of CPC/ACN in which NLPF ( same old PDP) will play a major and vital role possibly nominating men for ministerial appointments and what have you.

Conclusion, lets forget about a change in things to come for the next 8 years or more, its a win, win situation for the men that made PDP what it is and its a pity!
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by jdiadem: 8:41am On Apr 13, 2011
Nigerians are so sentimental that it will one day doom almost everyone.
Buhari wants to probe politicians, sure Tinubu should be on the top 10 list, now, there's a romance and compromise because of power. Buhari's purported no nonsense vice will now have to step down for Tinubu's who knows. 'now who's currupt and who's not'. Is it not all to get power at the expense of Nigerians, i pray we one day think and know that they all one and the same.

If GEJ is to give a quarter of his govt to Tinubu (my crooked brother) as being rumored though now debunked; who looses; "Nigerians". though i doubt the possibilities of this.

Summarily,  if Buhari with all the noise and threats will form an alliance with Tinubu as being rumored then he's lost my vote; it only means he wants power and not transformation. i'm waiting for Tunde Bakare's comments.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by ENZOSCIFO1: 8:44am On Apr 13, 2011
Summarily, if Buhari with all the noise and threats will form an alliance with Tinubu as being rumored then he's lost my vote; it only means he wants power and not transformation. i'm waiting for Tunde Bakare's comments.

[quote][/quote]

My sentiments as well.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by doctorT(m): 9:06am On Apr 13, 2011
The alliance will not work and so BB stands alone.

BB all the way 2011. Whatever happens!!!
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 13, 2011
AN APPEAL TO NIGERIANS GOODLUCK JONATHAN lost support from (king-makers) Ciroma, IBB, Atiku and their fellow corrupt men because he refused to signed an agreement on who becomes Nigeria's President in 2015. GEJ said: "What I'm not comfortable with is the rationale behind 15 of us sitting here and deciding who becomes president in 2015. I will want Nigerians to choose their president in 2015". Even when we were not there GEJ is still fighting for a free and fair process. He disappointed OBJ and BANKOLE because of his transparency and goodwill towards Nigeria. Now, Buhari has been begging the same Ciroma, IBB, Atiku, Tinubu and Mohammed Abacha for help to win. He even promised to make Ribadu president in 2015 if he steps down for him. They are already forcing Bakare to sign his resignation letter. Less than 10 men appointing 2015 president; is this not corruption in the highest order? Nigerians, come out enmass and call your neighbors on Saturday so that we can kill this evil cabal forever. Vote GOODLUCK JONATHAN PLEASE SHARE ON THE MASSAGE!
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by greatgeo(m): 9:34am On Apr 13, 2011
we are about to witness what
happened btw obj and atiku if acn and cpc marge.and if i may ask.how many nigerians know all about this cos and have access to the media to be updated on this issues to know who they should cast their vote for? we should not let the greedness of some groups of people who think they are born to rule rain our life oh.shine ur eyes b4 u vote oh
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 13, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Calm down. It's clear that you, not me, wants to win a brownie "of some sort" at all costs. I'm sure you have a dictionary at home/office. Use it. And oh please don't claim that 'upliftment' (even typing that makes me cringe) is a new word, Nigerians have been using it since independence to "seem eductated by obfuscation". Google is your friend madam: How come the only dictionary that has that INCORRECT word is the discreditable 'your dictionary' link you provided? The fact that Nigerians have used that word for too long is not enough to force it into the English lexicon. Soon you'll be here again arguing that the term 'talkless' exists in the dictionary simply because Nigerians have entrenched its usage. . . Point is: the word DOES NOT EXIST in any credible dictionary. I suspect you know this; you just want to argue. Sorry.

Besides the new examples you provided has NOTHING to do with the 'upliftment' (cringes) that we're talking about. And by th way, invalidating the opinions on wiki answers does not in any way validate your obstinate position. The word is essentially a 'Nigerianism', and must be avoided by those of us who purport to be truly educated. Cheers.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by rasputinn(m): 9:50am On Apr 13, 2011
macfarland:

AN APPEAL TO NIGERIANS GOODLUCK JONATHAN lost support from (king-makers) Ciroma, IBB, Atiku and their fellow corrupt men because he refused to signed an agreement on who becomes Nigeria's President in 2015. GEJ said: "What I'm not comfortable with is the rationale behind 15 of us sitting here and deciding who becomes president in 2015. I will want Nigerians to choose their president in 2015". Even when we were not there GEJ is still fighting for a free and fair process. He disappointed OBJ and BANKOLE because of his transparency and goodwill towards Nigeria. Now, Buhari has been begging the same Ciroma, IBB, Atiku, Tinubu and Mohammed Abacha for help to win. He even promised to make Ribadu president in 2015 if he steps down for him. They are already forcing Bakare to sign his resignation letter. Less than 10 men appointing 2015 president; is this not corruption in the highest order? Nigerians, come out enmass and call your neighbors on Saturday so that we can kill this evil cabal forever. Vote GOODLUCK JONATHAN PLEASE SHARE ON THE MASSAGE!

Roger that
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 13, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Calm down madam, no need to palpitate over a non-issue. It's clear that you, not me, wants to win a brownie "of some sort" at all costs. I'm sure you have a hard copy dictionary at home/office. Use it. And oh please don't claim that 'upliftment' (even typing that makes me cringe) is a new word, Nigerians have been using it since Independence to "seem educated by obfuscation". Google is your friend madam: How come the only dictionary that has that INCORRECT word is the discreditable 'your dictionary' link you provided? The fact that Nigerians have used that word for too long is not enough to force it into the English lexicon. Soon you'll be here again arguing that the term 'talkless of' exists in the dictionary simply because Nigerians have entrenched its usage. . .  Point is: the word 'upliftment' DOES NOT EXIST in any credible dictionary; it is not a new word, so why not check your trusted hard copy Oxford or Cambridge dictionary to see if you'd find it there?. I suspect you know this; you just want to argue. Sorry.

Besides the new examples you provided have NOTHING to do with the 'upliftment' (cringes) that we're talking about; they are colloquialisms, not words that pretend to be formal and high-sounding (e.g. your dear 'upliftment'). And by the way, invalidating the opinions on wiki answers does not in any way validate your obstinate position. The word is essentially a 'Nigerianism', and must be avoided by those of us who purport to be truly educated. Cheers.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by rasputinn(m): 10:02am On Apr 13, 2011
macfarland:

[size=24pt]VOTE GOODLUCK JONATHAN FOR PRESIDENT[/size]
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by enyojo(f): 10:05am On Apr 13, 2011
rasputinn:

[b]My take per the presidential elections;

It's all part of politics to court Tinubu,but he is not as beautiful a bride as everybody is assuming,Lagos has 6 million voters,more than 80% of these will vote for GEJ on Saturday,irrespective of what Tinubu says or doesn't say

We've worked this road before,where GEJ tried to carry everyone along,those that felt they stood a better chance ganging up against GEJ along ethno-religious lines tasted the bitter pill of defeat,come Saturday April 16,the story will be the same,whoever doesn't get on the divine winning train of GEJ WILL TASTE THE BITTER PILL OF DEFEAT

[size=19pt]UNFORTUNATELY FOR YOUR PITIFUL SELF, GEJ DOESN'T THINK THE SAME WAY WITH U. HE KNOWS YOU DON'T LEAVE IT TO CHANCE. HE EVEN REGRETED COURTING THE WRONG GUYS WHO ARE FEATHERWEIGHTS LIKE OBJ, AKALA, OGD, BODE GEORGE, OYINLOLA, SEGUN ONI, AND ALL OTHER LOOSERS. IF TINUBU CAN BEAT OBJ ON EVERY COUNT, THEN HE DERSERVES THE PRESIDENTIAL TREATMENT HE IS ENJOYING.[/size]
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by osolomio: 10:15am On Apr 13, 2011
Tinubu if u allow this divine alliance with Buhari collapse, i can assure u it won't be long before your dynasty collapse over you,as you are living on the glory of Fashola. Please do the right thing.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by sley4life(m): 10:18am On Apr 13, 2011
Buhari&co are corrupt. So after we thought IBB would b the 1st person he would send 2 jail he has now decided to lure IBB & his gang into his camp. What do we call that? Nothing will stop GEJ from winning on Saturday.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by Timothyxx(m): 10:20am On Apr 13, 2011
"Buhari who flew into Abuja at noon attended the meeting which had former military President Ibrahim Babangida, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, former National Security Adviser Gen Aliyu Gusau, former Inspector-General of Police M.D. Yusufu and former minister of finance Malam Adamu Ciroma in attendance."wink     Please how long are these people going to continue pulling wools over our eyes, now this time around the have presented us with a name "PDP" to pursue while they are still at what they do best, *Politikin*, now many *BLindEd* people will be so concerned on voting out PDP ( Goodluck Ebele Jonathan) forgeting that  those meeting with Buhari are the PDP themselves, that is to say if you vote Buhari; you indirectly voting PDP into power again but now in disguise(CPC).  Beware, Be warned, Be wise my people!
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by xwolverine: 10:25am On Apr 13, 2011
This arrangement would have d desired effect if and only if Buhari agrees to run on the platform of ACN, cos I majourity of the voters in SW are voting based on the party but not based on the name. Any other arrangement would fail, cos nobody in the SW would vote for a northerner ahead of a southerner GEJ.

But either ways, I would love to see Buhari win the election

God bless Nigeria
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by dedapo: 10:27am On Apr 13, 2011
Birds of same fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff lipsrsealed
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by dantechnig: 10:38am On Apr 13, 2011
oga jonathan go win
na him we know
if he can make it
i can make it
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by vinooh: 10:39am On Apr 13, 2011
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: OAM4J on Yesterday at 07:07:31 AM
This is becoming too dirty for my liking. Just hope it's not true.

GEJ is offering Tinubu  a quarter of his cabinet posts, I hope Ohaneze got similar percentage sha, else it's about time you re-negotiate.  

For where!

They spoke too soon. Stupiddd people!

see these unstable people calling others stupid
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by vinooh: 10:45am On Apr 13, 2011
dantechnig:

oga jonathan go win
na him we know
if he can make it
i can make it
guy na him we know and trust so if he fail hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by cooldipo(m): 11:32am On Apr 13, 2011
May God punish GEJ if any of this is true. He does not know what he is worth to the millions of Nigeria rooting for him and i will lose my interest in him definitely. If he enters into this alliance like has been discussed above (which i doubt) then the future is brighter for looters. GEJ should know he is the most sellable of all presidential aspirant and should not enter into any unwholly alliance, quote me anywhere, GEJ will win SouthWest (although i'm not sure about Lagos) states irrespective of the ruling parties in these states. Other than winning through Salami, Tinubu is not an authority in the Southwest.
Re: Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! by obongtunji: 11:47am On Apr 13, 2011
So al of them knows dat they kant win witout d southwest

Petrol-Tanker Loaded With Arms Intercepted In Kebbi / Ikpeazu Is An Unrepentant Liar, IPOB Reacts To Abia Gov's ‘attack’ On Kanu / Buyers Shun 20 Cargoes Of Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Glut Persists

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89